Just Informed

I love pretty flowers.

Jay and I happened to notice these yesterday as we were out working by the pool and I just love them. I have no idea what they are, but I’m sort of confused because I could have sworn that this same exact plant was blooming orange flowers last year?

Who knows. Either way, they’re pretty, so I’ll take ‘em. Smile

Breakfast

Breakfast today was actually not all that exciting.

I went back to hot coffee today, only because I prepared it that way without even thinking. It was good, but it was hot…obviously. Oops.

I also put together a batch of oatmeal but, as you can see, it wasn’t nearly as voluminous as it usually is.

Just a regular batch of oatmeal with raisins mixed in, topped with some very liquidy honey cinnamon peanut butter (got a little heavy-handed with the milk) and a sprinkle of granola.

It was good but not great…you know how that goes.

I’m now currently freaking out because Jay just informed me that we have a snake in our pool supplies bin. You may remember (although you probably don’t, because this post is OLD, no worries) but #2 on my 10 Random Facts list (<—some fun stuff on there!) is that I HATE snakes. Can’t stand ‘em. Won’t even look at ‘em on TV. They are the WORST.

Keep your fingers crossed that he figures out a way to get rid of it, because until then, I’m not going near that pool. No way.

Question for the Afternoon:

What living creatures are on your “ahh get it away from me!” list?

Comments

Those flowers are gorgeous! I’m sitting here sipping my hot coffee too–even though a batch of iced is in the fridge. I guess I’m on autopilot this morning even though it’s supposed to be 90 and humid by lunchtime.

I agree–snakes are disgusting! Along with mice, rats, geckos, spiders, centipedes, etc.
    Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Choose Fit Series: How to Hydrate

2. Liane says

Definitely pretty flowers! The purple ones are iris, the orange flowers from last year are daylilies. Both grow out of a clump of long leaves at their base. Enjoy!

3. Tiffani says

“Wither way, they’re pretty, so I’ll take ‘em.” …Hopefully they don’t wither!!! =P Hahah

Those irises are beeeeeeeeeautiful! I wish I had those in my backyard but there is a pretty red flower. I don’t know what kind of flower it is but it’s just the prettiest darker shade of red I have ever seen.

Creatures that are on my ‘ahhhh, get away list': Spiders, Millipedes, Centipedes, Beetles, and Mosquitoes. I always get a bunch of Mosquito bites on my arms and legs in the summer; my parents always kid with me that I must taste sweet to them! Unfortunately, I saw on the Today Show this morning that there is the high chance for more bugs in the summer because of the nice weather we’ve been getting around here. Boo. :(

Snakes are definitely the worst. We had one in our kitchen when I was in grad school … I came home one day, and it slithered under the stove as soon as I turned on the light. I freaked out and left the house and wouldn’t return until my roommate found it and killed it. Bleck bleck bleck.
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The countdown is on!

Pretty flowers! Oh gosh I have a lot of ridiculous fears. I can’t even kill spiders, I am so scared of them. Also moths are the worst! And I have a random intense fear of peacocks, there’s a farm by my house and I freak out if they escape and get into our yard…this has actually happened lots. So darn scary. Ick.
    Lisa recently posted..Pumpkin Protein Cookie Dough

I like the plant you have posted above. One of my stuff is planting flowers and various orchids. I am not familiar of the plant you have posted in your image. Did you know already what is the name of the plant?
    Kia Snite recently posted..Male Extra Review

8. Rose Ann says

The flowers are actually drawf iris. They are beatiful & will multiply so you wind up with a lot! They can be split & divided to put other places, they are very hardy! Love your blog :) -Rose Ann