Just Informed

by Courtney on May 27, 2012

I love pretty flowers.

Jay and I happened to notice these yesterday as we were out working by the pool and I just love them. I have no idea what they are, but I’m sort of confused because I could have sworn that this same exact plant was blooming orange flowers last year?

Who knows. Either way, they’re pretty, so I’ll take ‘em. Smile

Breakfast

Breakfast today was actually not all that exciting.

I went back to hot coffee today, only because I prepared it that way without even thinking. It was good, but it was hot…obviously. Oops.

I also put together a batch of oatmeal but, as you can see, it wasn’t nearly as voluminous as it usually is.

Just a regular batch of oatmeal with raisins mixed in, topped with some very liquidy honey cinnamon peanut butter (got a little heavy-handed with the milk) and a sprinkle of granola.

It was good but not great…you know how that goes.

I’m now currently freaking out because Jay just informed me that we have a snake in our pool supplies bin. You may remember (although you probably don’t, because this post is OLD, no worries) but #2 on my 10 Random Facts list (<—some fun stuff on there!) is that I HATE snakes. Can’t stand ‘em. Won’t even look at ‘em on TV. They are the WORST.

Keep your fingers crossed that he figures out a way to get rid of it, because until then, I’m not going near that pool. No way.

Question for the Afternoon:

What living creatures are on your “ahh get it away from me!” list?

1 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign May 27, 2012 at 10:32 am

Those flowers are gorgeous! I’m sitting here sipping my hot coffee too–even though a batch of iced is in the fridge. I guess I’m on autopilot this morning even though it’s supposed to be 90 and humid by lunchtime.

I agree–snakes are disgusting! Along with mice, rats, geckos, spiders, centipedes, etc.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Choose Fit Series: How to Hydrate

2 Lindsey May 27, 2012 at 10:32 am

Spiders! They were all over our front porch yesterday so I made my husband pressure wash the house off then I sprayed everywhere with spider killer. Yuck.
Lindsey recently posted..Waking Up Early

3 Liane May 27, 2012 at 10:32 am

Definitely pretty flowers! The purple ones are iris, the orange flowers from last year are daylilies. Both grow out of a clump of long leaves at their base. Enjoy!

4 Courtney May 27, 2012 at 10:38 am

Oh, awesome! Thank you! :)

5 Tiffani May 27, 2012 at 10:33 am

“Wither way, they’re pretty, so I’ll take ‘em.” …Hopefully they don’t wither!!! =P Hahah

6 Courtney May 27, 2012 at 10:37 am

HAHA! Just fixed that one…woops!
Thanks for the heads up ;)

7 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona May 27, 2012 at 10:37 am

Liane is right, the orange ones are lilies, and the blue ones are irises. Definitely beautiful!
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..Mountain Equipment Co-op

8 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files May 27, 2012 at 10:48 am

Gahhh I’m the same with you I absolutely hate snakes!! I would definitely have to put someone else in charge of getting the snake out!!
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Recent Eats + Randomness

9 Khushboo May 27, 2012 at 10:53 am

Don’t hate me but that’s the way I feel about cats- they terrify me!
Khushboo recently posted..Peeling a pomegranate

10 Courtney May 27, 2012 at 10:55 am

KHUSHBOO! Say it isn’t so?!?!
Even my cutie Cody???? ;)

11 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess May 27, 2012 at 11:02 am

Those flowers are sooo gorgeous. Gotta love something that pretty that lives on its own.
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..Baking mood

12 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health May 27, 2012 at 11:11 am

Oh spiders are definitely on that list for me!! I’m pretty sure I’d be freaking out over a snake too haha. I hope Jay gets it out asap. Happy Sunday pretty lady <3
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Holiday Weekend

13 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List May 27, 2012 at 11:13 am

I have nightmares about snakes. Like I’m walking and all of the sudden the ground is FULL of them and I have to run over their bodies.
*just got chills. bleck.
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..mr. long weekend

14 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat May 27, 2012 at 11:22 am

Love those purple flowers!

And snakes totally scare the bajesus out of me too so I feel ya! Can’t stand em.. spiders, centipedes, and silverfish are also on the list!
Angela @ Sleep and Repeat recently posted..Weekend Prelude

15 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat May 27, 2012 at 11:23 am

BTW Courtney – your layout just went all wonky on me! Not sure if it’s just me though
Angela @ Sleep and Repeat recently posted..Weekend Prelude

16 Courtney May 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Really? What does it look like? I’ve been playing a bit with fonts and colors…

17 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat May 27, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I cleared my cache and it’s fixed now! The header was gone and most of the formatting, but I think it was just my machine so no worries :)
Angela @ Sleep and Repeat recently posted..Queen of the Night

18 Shannon May 27, 2012 at 11:42 am

Those irises are beeeeeeeeeautiful! I wish I had those in my backyard but there is a pretty red flower. I don’t know what kind of flower it is but it’s just the prettiest darker shade of red I have ever seen.

Creatures that are on my ‘ahhhh, get away list': Spiders, Millipedes, Centipedes, Beetles, and Mosquitoes. I always get a bunch of Mosquito bites on my arms and legs in the summer; my parents always kid with me that I must taste sweet to them! Unfortunately, I saw on the Today Show this morning that there is the high chance for more bugs in the summer because of the nice weather we’ve been getting around here. Boo. :(

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 27, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I’m not a fan of snakes, spiders, or any gross-looking critter!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Baked Chicken Parm Bites

20 Michelle@Peachy Palate May 27, 2012 at 12:22 pm

All we have to worry about in Ireland are wasps! Fat chance of finding a snake around here that God!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..As smooth as butter

21 Sam @ Fit for My Fork May 27, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I don’t like snakes either. Or spiders. Eeep!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..A Cretan Paradise Filled with British People

22 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers May 27, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Ewww a snake!!! We have Black Widows, and ugh, they terrify me!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Apricot Pasta Salad / Fruit & Vegetable storage chart

23 Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony May 27, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Thousand-leggers or Daddy Long Legs! Bleh!
Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Moving Fast

24 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 27, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Snakes are definitely the worst. We had one in our kitchen when I was in grad school … I came home one day, and it slithered under the stove as soon as I turned on the light. I freaked out and left the house and wouldn’t return until my roommate found it and killed it. Bleck bleck bleck.
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The countdown is on!

25 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I can’t stand spiders! All bugs, really!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..What’s Next?

26 Lisa May 27, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Pretty flowers! Oh gosh I have a lot of ridiculous fears. I can’t even kill spiders, I am so scared of them. Also moths are the worst! And I have a random intense fear of peacocks, there’s a farm by my house and I freak out if they escape and get into our yard…this has actually happened lots. So darn scary. Ick.
Lisa recently posted..Pumpkin Protein Cookie Dough

27 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog May 27, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Snakes are icky, but I come from a small country town (Cut N Shoot Tx), and our philosophy with snakes is… Just shoot it. Lol.
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Guest Post: Food Labeling – Look Past it!

28 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I hate all bugs! Especially spiders! Yuck! Good luck with the snack, I don’t like them all that much either!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Healthy Salad Do’s and Don’ts

29 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 27, 2012 at 4:35 pm

snake!*
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Healthy Salad Do’s and Don’ts

30 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath May 27, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Your flowers look beautiful–I’m with you on snakes and I would freak if a mouse was around my house! Good luck!!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Quotable Sunday

31 Kia Snite May 27, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I like the plant you have posted above. One of my stuff is planting flowers and various orchids. I am not familiar of the plant you have posted in your image. Did you know already what is the name of the plant?
Kia Snite recently posted..Male Extra Review

32 Molly May 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm

some flowers change their bloom color depending on the PH of the soil. Don’t know if that’s the case in your situation..but you never know!
Molly recently posted..Fiji Islander

33 Julie May 28, 2012 at 10:53 am

I think those purple flowers are irises!

34 Rose Ann May 28, 2012 at 7:54 pm

The flowers are actually drawf iris. They are beatiful & will multiply so you wind up with a lot! They can be split & divided to put other places, they are very hardy! Love your blog :) -Rose Ann