Who doesn’t love a good roasted vegetable salad? This one is tossed with potatoes in a light and flavorful dressing that will surely be a hit at your next gathering!
I know you guys have been eagerly anticipating this roasted vegetable salad recipe…
As I was making this on Monday morning, I couldn’t help but have the feeling that this could be one of those recipes that’s either a huge hit or a HUGE miss. I already knew I loved all of the ingredients in there, but I guess I was a little curious to see how they’d all work together in this chilled, healthy side dish.
But I put it out on the table yesterday, crossed my fingers, and let everyone dig in. Thankfully, the reviews were nothing but positive, and I must agree…this dish is incredible. You could serve it warm, I’m sure, but personally, I think it’s great chilled for a warm, summer day.
Plus, there’s an added bonus…no mayo or creamy ingredients in this bad boy, so you don’t have to worry about leaving it outside for too long. Score!
Get your veggies in with this delicious and nutritious salad. The roasted veggies and incredible flavor, while the dressing is loaded with good for you ingredients (no mayo!).
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise then cut in half
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes and 1 teaspoon of oil in medium bowl, toss to coat, and pour onto baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake another 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, place zucchini and onions in bowl and toss with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil. After 20 minutes, remove potatoes from the oven, stir, and push to one side of the pan. Add zucchini, onions, and corn. Return to oven for 15 more minutes, so potatoes are tender. Remove pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Place cooked vegetables in a large bowl, add tomatoes and celery, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
This would be great to bring to a potluck, or even to just make for at home during the week. I bet it’d be delicious if you tossed in some rotisserie chicken, too…then you’d have yourself a meal!
Now, I think I’m gonna go spoon out some leftovers to have with lunch.