Hawaiian Chicken Burgers

Alright, I think we are officially on a chicken burger kick in this house.

Remember on Friday when I briefly mentioned the fact that we had some burgers for dinner?

Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (11)

Yeah. Well lets talk about those burgers.

Although it’s been well over a year since I’ve last been to a Red Robin restaurant, I still have very fond memories of that place. Their burgers are great, the atmosphere was always pretty fun, and don’t even get me started on that bottomless basket of fries.

Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (6)

But one particular sandwich of theirs, the Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich, was always a favorite of mine. Grilled chicken, smothered in Swiss cheese, with grilled pineapple? I mean, you really can’t go wrong. But you can make it healthier, AND at home!

Hawaiian Chicken Burgers

So when it came down to my next attempt with chicken burger creations, I was determined to recreate my own version of this delicious, mouthwatering combo…

And that’s when these were born.

Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (8)

First, get all of your chicken burger ingredients together.

Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (2)

Mix well until thoroughly combined.

Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (3)

Form into four patties (*placing on wax paper will help prevent extra sticking) and refrigerate 30 minutes.

Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (4)

Don’t forget to create that well in the center…it will help prevent your burger from cooking up into a big puff ball.

While burgers are cooking, grill a few slices of pineapple and red onion. Top cooked burgers with Swiss cheese and allow to melt while toasting your hamburger buns (*I definitely recommend doing this step!).

Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (5)

Spread buns with extra bbq sauce, top with burger, grilled pineapple, grilled red onion, and a few slices of romaine lettuce. Done and DONE.

Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (7)

Here’s the approximate stats on the burgers, NOT including the bun or toppings…

Hawaiian Chicken Burger Nutrition Info

We served our burgers with some garlicky green beans and corn on the cob, and let me tell you…

Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (10)

This was one heck of a meal. Jay and I both totally loved this combo of flavors and there’s no doubt that these will remain in the dinner rotation this summer…along with our other recent chicken burger creations:

I’ve already got some ideas for other ones…we’ll have to see how it goes!

1. stacey says

wow, those look great!!! and i havent been to Red Robin in about 10 years …. the last time i was there my chicken breast sandwich was RAW in the middle and i was completely grossed out! :/

i would have to say my laptop. but only if the internet could come too.

I was without power for a few days during a hurricane and it wasn’t fun. well, except for the day drinking and bbq-ing we did. but i didn’t care for the quiet extremely hot nights.

I loved Red Robin as a kid – your burgers look great. I love BBQ chicken sandwiches, so I think I’d love them as a burger too! We had pineapple on some jerk-flavoured beef burgers the other day and it was fantastic. The sweetness is such a nice addition!
    Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..Fit Body, Fit Mind: Heather

4. Angela says

Mmmm bottomless steak fries at Red Robin are the best! Sometimes I like them better than the burger, but not this time–the teriyaki burger is my favorite! I will definitely be making this soon. Thanks for the recipe!

You’re seriously making me sooo hungry! That looks like a great recipe, and I just love it when restaurant re-creations are a success!!! Love your pics here btw! With all the ingredients separated nicely in the bowl. :) oh! haha. just realized amy above my comment said the same thing
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Semi-Healthy Living Counts Too

6. Shauna says

Holy Yum Batman! Thankfully I thawed out some ground chicken last night so I can make these bad boys tonight :)

yum!! we’ve been on a burger kick lately too… i will have to add this one to our rotation we have going on. i also want to try your chicken caesar one! oh, and i have so many great memories of red robin too… love that place. in high school, my two best girlfriends and i would go there all.the.time. we’d get their strawberry lemonade and totally take advantage of the unlimited refills. i can’t imagine how much sugar is in that stuff! mmm so good! :)
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #36: New Creations

8. Caitlin says

Me and my husband made these the other night and they were really good! We had a few issues with stickiness though.

9. Lindsay says

I just made these. The flavors were really good. but this was a MESSY endeavor. I must have done something wrong. They fell apart when I tried to flip them and were almost mushy-like once on the bun. But like I said, they were tasty nonetheless and we had no problem finishing all four!

• Courtney says

Awww man, I’m sorry they were so messy! I’ve had a few people tell me this, and I can’t figure out why? Mine weren’t messy at all. Perhaps adding more breadcrumbs would help?