First Savory Lunch All Week

by Courtney on June 1, 2012

So, SO excited to see so many of you in on the June Yoga Challenge!

I’m really looking forward to this for so many reasons; one being the fact that I am actually pretty darn sore from yesterday’s yoga session. Who knows what will happen when I’m actually fully committed?!? Wooo-whee!

As for today’s workout, I decided to just stick with some cardio, and busted out 3 steady miles on the treadmill. Nothin’ crazy…relaxed enough to catch up on the noon newscast and browse Twitter on my phone. Tell me I’m not the only one who does that…?

Lunch

I must say, for this being my first savory lunch all week long, it was a pretty darn fantastic one.

Yesterday, I received an awesome package in the mail from my good friends at The Laughing Cow, filled with lots of goodies, including all of their latest cream cheese flavors.

You guys may remember me using the strawberry flavor in my Double Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins, so I was pretty excited to be able to get my hands on the rest of ‘em.

And as if that wasn’t generous enough, how freakin’ awesome are these guys…apparently, they’d been browsing my Pinterest boards and noticed that I’m a fan of baking, so they also included this snazzy dessert bar pan.

Oh man, the possibilities! Smile

So anyways, I decided to try out one of the plain cream cheese wedges in a batch of tuna salad today and it turned out great. In addition to the plain cream cheese wedge, I did some Dijon mustard, light mayo, sweet pickle relish, and diced carrots, cucumbers, and scallions.

I just love how adding all the extra veggies gives so much more volume…that was one large mound of tuna salad, my friends.

I included some Kashi crackers for scooping (my favorite) and some sweet grape tomatoes on the side.

Now, I’m trying reeeeally hard not to go back into the kitchen and dig into these…

Luckily, they’ll be out of the house soon enough. I’ll have the recipe for you guys soon. Winking smile

Plans for the rest of the day include…

• A little more work here at home
  • A shift at work
  • softball game (fingers crossed it doesn’t get rained out…again)
  • Staying after to watch the guys play they’re 2nd softball game
  • Hopefully some tailgating afterward, since it is my favorite and all

Happy Friday!

1 Sana June 1, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Those cookies look amazing….

2 Lindsey June 1, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Did I see a cinnamon flavor there?! Yum. I love my square muffin pan :)
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

3 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 1, 2012 at 2:30 pm

You inspired me to contact my local yoga studio! I’m going to try a class this weekend and if I like it, I’m going to buy a 10 class pass and jump on the yoga bandwagon!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette & the Gluten-Free Fad

4 Courtney June 1, 2012 at 2:43 pm

YAY, that’s awesome!! :)

5 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 1, 2012 at 2:42 pm

That is so generous of LC!! What a cool, personalized idea on their part!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..confessions of a group fitness instructor

6 Jaclyn June 1, 2012 at 2:43 pm

cinnamon cheese spread???!!!!! ohhhhhH baby! :)
Jaclyn recently posted..Meet Olivia

7 Caitlin June 1, 2012 at 2:48 pm

OMG, those cookies look great, but I’m such a savory fiend that your lunch looks even better to me. So jealous of the Laughing Cow, I’m obsessed with the wedges (I have one a day :D haha) and have been dying to try the cream cheese version! So nice of them to include the baking pan too. I hope your tailgating doesn’t get rained out – it’s such a great summer activity!
Caitlin recently posted..May Foodie Pen Pals – What I Sent (Guest Post)

8 Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Yum, all those different spreads look great!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..Happy Belated Macaroon Day!

9 chelcie @ chelcie's food files June 1, 2012 at 2:57 pm

i haven’t seen those cream cheese’s at the store yet..I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Loving Lately

10 Tina @ Best Body Fitness June 1, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I am in love with the cinnamon ones.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Simplicity and Changes

11 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 1, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Wow! That is so nice of the Laughing Cow! I like the cinnamon cream cheese. It’s good :)

Those cookies look amazing! Cannot wait for the recipe. Happy Friday!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Happy National Donut Day & Dress Success Story!…

12 Khushboo June 1, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Canned tuna normally icks me out but that lunch looks amazing!
Khushboo recently posted..Brain Dump

13 Megan@ The Running Doc June 1, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Those Laughing Cow cheeses are the best! They make the best snack with some pretzels to hold me over between lunch and dinner.
Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..1200 Miles

14 Suzanne(fitmindedmom) June 1, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I could totally deal with eating some of the Laughing Cow Cheeses on some celery boats for a nice little healthy snack! YUM!! I also love to stuff my chicken with it but I have not thought of adding it to tuna. I may have to try that soon.

15 Lisa June 1, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Oh man those cookies looks good, I’ve never seen laughing cow yet where I live. They should come here soon…
Lisa recently posted..May Favourites

16 Michelle (Better with Berries) June 1, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Can’t wait to see that cookie recipe!

And what a cool baking pan – I bet it will bring inspiration for some new recipes :-)
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Summer Plans

17 Kristin June 1, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Awesome stuff from The Laughing Cow!

btw, I am a consultant for Pampered Chef and we have a very similar baking pan…I have quite a few recipes you can use in the pan..let me know if you would like me to send them your way :)

18 Courtney June 1, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Oh my gosh, yes!!! I would love that, thank you! :)

19 Kristin June 4, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Sorry I didn’t see your reply until today…sending recipes your way today! :)

20 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony June 1, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I never thought to put cream cheeese in tuna salad! Looks great!
Those baking pans are the best! Can be used for desserts, appetizers and so much more!
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Officially Obsessed

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 1, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I love that pan idea! It will give you much more uniform dessert bars! Let us know what you think of it! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..One Panini, Two Panini, Three Panini, Four.

22 Sabrina @ Fit.Laugh.Love June 1, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I would cry tears of great joy if a box full of Laughing Cow products showed up at my house. It would be like my first Christmas all over again.
Sabrina @ Fit.Laugh.Love recently posted..Cardio Intervals

23 Ellie@Fit for the Soul June 1, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm laughing cow is soooooo goood!!! it’s like–too addicting and i don’t know why???? :) Great lunch! And I’m a total fan of baking. sometimes I think it’s more fun to bake for people and for the heck of it, more than just to eat the baked goods. :P
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Dance in the Rain, Dance in the Storm

24 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana June 1, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Wow, what a fun package!! I didn’t even know laughing cow made cream cheese, what a great idea to put it into tuna salad!
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Trader Joe’s Favorites – Part 2

25 Linz @ Itz Linz June 1, 2012 at 7:41 pm

laughing cow is amazing! i love how their wedges are portion controlled but definitely satisfying! mmm!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Kabobs For Sale!

26 Sarah June 1, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I haven’t ever tried laughing cows cream cheese wedges but I’m sure they are delicious! How sweet of them to send you a baking pan too!
Sarah recently posted..Fast Runs & Sweet Potato Goodies

27 Catherine June 1, 2012 at 8:48 pm

CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE!!!???? omg dying.

28 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 1, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I ate almost the same thing today! it hit the spot
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..wisco recap

29 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 1, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Those cookies look so yummy! Can’t wait to see the recipe.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Want to join in?

30 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers June 2, 2012 at 11:31 am

Great package! I love laughing Cow Cheese! I’m addicted to the Chipotle one! It’s my favorite, I add to so many food dishes!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Napa Valley Day Trip

31 Ali June 3, 2012 at 9:35 am

I think I might try a tuna salad like that soon! Thanks for sharing! :)

32 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com June 4, 2012 at 8:56 pm

i LOVE laughing cow cream cheese! the cinnamon is great too but i never thought to use the plain in tuna salad! thanks for the idea :-)
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..Weight Of The Nation