Softball Party Shenanigans

by Courtney on July 8, 2012

Oh my gosh. SO much fun at yesterday’s softball party!

Jay and I headed over to my parents’ house early yesterday evening (my dad is the manager of our team, hence the reason we always party with the parents – they’re always looking for an excuse to let loose!) to join in on the festivities.

As always, there was plenty of food and drinks to be had.

And, of course, there was no shortage of desserts.

Amongst the tons of cookies, cupcakes, and muddy buddies, were my cookie contribution and this extremely dangerous bowl of cookie dough dip.

I had totally forgotten that I made it back at this year’s Super Bowl party, but my brother apparently remembered and asked if I could make it again. This thing quickly became my nemesis last night. It was a bad, bad thing…yet ohh so good.

Before I really got into the dip, I did manage to have a real dinner first.

A piece of sub, ziti with mom’s homemade sauce, carrots, and a couple of special crockpot meatballs. Those meatballs are some of the best things going, and probably one of the easiest. Want to know how to make ‘em?

In a crockpot, simply dump in a bag of frozen meatballs, a small jar of chili sauce, and a small jar of grape jelly. Stir it up and let ‘em cook. They sound crazy but I’m tellin’ you…they’re out of this world.

After dinner, everyone had some fun in the yard playing ladder ball, corn hole, horseshoes, and beer pong.

A little while later, I snacked on this amazingness known as “Snickers Salad.” Yes, I kid you not.

Seth, pictured below, is the newest member to the softball team this year and his wife, Nicole, was the brains behind this crazy-good concoction. (Side note: both Seth and Nicole work at the same place with my dad and brother, which is actually the same place that I also used to work part time in college, so I already knew them before they joined the team this year. They’re both awesome and such a good time!)

But anyways, the Snickers Salad. According to Nicole, it’s made with Cool Whip, vanilla pudding, chopped granny smith apples, and chopped up fun-size Snickers bars.

‘Nuff said. Winking smile

As the evening continued on, the shenanigans continued.

By far, the entertainment for the night came from our friend, Adam. Can’t you tell?

Adam and my brother were best friends growing up, so I’ve known him since he was about two years old – 22 years or so now. Adam has a history of having quite a good time at our parties, and last night was no exception.

He had me (and everyone else) cracking up the entire night…

…which most likely had something to do with this.

As much as I love me a game of flip cup now and then, last night was actually a pretty low-key night for me. I felt old(!) but I had a great time watching everyone else be silly.

The night ended with a relaxing bonfire (seen above) before finally calling it a night around 1am. Always a great party at my parents’ house!

This is, without a doubt, my favorite picture of the night. Can you tell we’re related or what? Winking smile

*****

This morning, I spent a little bit of time working on some training plans before taking a break for breakfast (I definitely was not hungry right away thanks to a late night cookie dough dip binge).

Along with my iced coffee, I toasted up two waffles and topped them with a wedge of The Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese, strawberries, and blueberries.

It was a new creation, but I really enjoyed it. Fresh and flavorful.

Time to go take care of some Sunday things! Have a great day, everyone!

1 RunEatRepeat July 8, 2012 at 11:11 am

How is that cinnamon LC? I tried the strawberry and did not like it.
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Saturday–Food and Hair Toys

2 Courtney July 8, 2012 at 11:16 am

LOVING it. I was the same way with the strawberry – it was so-so – but the cinnamon is awesome.

3 Ellie@Fit for the Soul July 8, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I had no idea these LC flavors existed!!! Yyayyy totally buying some this week :P And you and your mom have the same smiles! So beautiful and bright.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Back on Track Workout Routine

4 Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because July 9, 2012 at 9:05 am

It’s amazing!!
Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Nutrition Bars

5 Khushboo July 8, 2012 at 11:29 am

All I read was salad…hence it has to be healthy :)
Khushboo recently posted..Picture PeAr-fect

6 Geraldine @Go Ger Go! July 8, 2012 at 11:37 am

Holy moly, cookie dough dip??!! Awh man i’m going to have to make that now. If I go up a dress size it’s all your fault. :-)
Geraldine @Go Ger Go! recently posted..Five Things Friday – a day late

7 Amy July 8, 2012 at 11:44 am

Oh my gosh that cookie dough dip looks SO Good!! Definitely bookmarking that recipe :)

8 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 8, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Looks like such a fun night! That cookie dough dip and snickers salad look dangerous but definitely delicious!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Powermeal a Week Challenge!

9 Kayla July 8, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Snickers salad is delicious! My grandma makes it and I usually have to tear myself away from the bowl. It’s also really good with grapes!

10 Clare @ Fitting It All In July 8, 2012 at 12:42 pm

looks like SO much fun!! definitely know the “oh boy I ate way too much last night” feeling – I had it last sunday! hopefully worth it and good memories:)
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Blog Reader CrossFit Workout!

11 janiek @ a non-perfect girl July 8, 2012 at 12:50 pm

You are so tanned!! Jealous!
janiek @ a non-perfect girl recently posted..Recipe: Sauerkraut oven dish

12 Heather T. July 8, 2012 at 1:02 pm

You’re dad had on the mask!!! AHahaha. Awesome :)

13 Courtney July 8, 2012 at 1:29 pm

LOL! We were talking last night about how he used to scare us with it!

14 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 8, 2012 at 1:30 pm

That snickers concoction does sound very interesting … I’m tempted to try it but I don’t know if I want to know how to make it!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..I need to find a better term for Love Bomb

15 Allison July 8, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Your breakfast looks phenomenal. And your life just seems like a blast in a glass :)
Allison recently posted..The finer things in life.

16 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 8, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Last night’s party was so much fun to read about and see in pictures. Girl, you are FAR from old but I know how you feel. I seem to be the lame one at the parties these days. But then again, I have a few years on you……
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Welcome to the Weekend

17 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 8, 2012 at 2:37 pm

What an amazing time at the softball party- gosh, I need a good party like that- it just looks like so much fun!!!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Exercise + Pregnancy = Confusion

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 8, 2012 at 3:16 pm

That cookie dough dip looks sooo good! What kinds of things did you dip in it (besides your finger, of course ;) )?
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Friday Fun.

19 Lisa July 8, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Sounds like such a fun night. That snickers salad sounds like the greatest thing in the world. If only every salad could be that delightful;) That sounds like it could be quite dangerous though.
Lisa recently posted..Fit Friday 4

20 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 8, 2012 at 5:19 pm

you’re SO tan!! jealous! :) and wow, that cookie dough dip sure does look dangerously wonderful. i’m so glad you all had such a fun night!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Friday Night = Pizza Night

21 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter July 8, 2012 at 6:05 pm

What a fun night! The snickers salad looks yum! :)

22 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 8, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I grew up enjoying those meatballs and Snicker’s salad at pot lucks–SO good!

Looks like you guys had a blast! Makes me want to find an excuse to throw a back yard party. :)
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Family Day

23 Rachel July 8, 2012 at 6:32 pm

the snickers salad reminds me of “sand” haha I made that once for my sister’s graduation party and everyone went crazy for it!
Rachel recently posted..Cheese Crackers

24 Sarah July 8, 2012 at 7:04 pm

It looks like you have such a fun family! So funny because that would never EVER happen at my parents house. HAH! I’ve made a cookie dough dip before too and it is super dangerous but definitely a crowd pleaser!
Sarah recently posted..What A Week

25 Stacey July 9, 2012 at 7:52 am

my mom has made those exact same meatballs since I was a kid! I looooove them! she puts them over egg noodles for dinner. I have been doing them over cauliflower rice – YUMMY!

26 Renee July 9, 2012 at 10:12 am

That lace shirt is way cute! Looks like you had a blast.
Renee recently posted..WIAW: Patriotic Protein Pancakes & Fitness

27 Julie July 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I love snicker salad! We add chopped pretzels to the top of ours …super delish!

28 Jessica February 5, 2013 at 8:25 am

I know I’m super late to the game on this post, but for how long do you leave the meatballs in the crockpot and low or high? Thanks!!! I’m a new reader and I love catching up on your old posts :)

29 Courtney February 5, 2013 at 8:50 am

We switch it up – if we have the time, we’ll cook them on low for maybe 4-5 hours? If we need them quicker, we’ll put ‘em on high for for a couple hours until they’re soft. :)