Living Room Progress

by Courtney on July 29, 2012

So remember this morning when I mentioned that whole living room revamping thing?

Well, it appears as if we were a little more antsy than we realized to get the ball rolling! Earlier today, the two of us headed to Home Depot, stocked on some paint, some new floor trim, and some accessories, and got right to work on our new project.

When we first moved in to this house, we had painted the walls but it ended up being much lighter of a color than we expected. We were too annoyed at the time to go back and paint over it, so we’ve just dealt with it for the past few years…but not anymore!

We moved all the furniture away from the walls and out of the room, cleared the walls of their frames, and started taping.

Ughhh, I cannot STAND taping. Talk about a tedious task.

As usual, Cody wasn’t quite sure what to make of the whole situation, so he’s been creeping around all day.

Or watching the chipmunks out in the yard.

Of course, if I’m going to have a day full of painting, there’s got to be a little wine involved. Winking smile

Alright, there doesn’t have to be wine involved, but it definitely makes the process more bearable. You see, painting just isn’t really my thing. BUT, I love the end result, so, ya know. I deal.

Once we had the first coat on all four walls, we decided to take a quick break for dinner, which consisted of a bunch of leftovers and randomness from the fridge.

For me, that meant a leftover piece of my summer squash galette, some leftover zucchini & squash, a handful of garden cherry tomatoes, and a few slices of rolled up deli buffalo chicken.

Now that I’m finished with that (and with writing this post!), it’s about time to get back to work…here’s a little preview for ya so far.

It’s looking SO good – I am loving the colors we picked out earlier (the pic definitely does not do it justice) and can’t wait to see the final product. Eeeek! Smile

Hope everyone’s weekend is winding down nicely and that you all had a great one!

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 29, 2012 at 7:39 pm

LOOOOVE the colors!!!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

2 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 29, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I absolutely despise taping too! Hand me the roller and paint brush, and I’ll go to town but taping drives me nutso. I LOVE your colors! How fun!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Style Sunday: Dinner & A Movie

3 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because July 30, 2012 at 8:41 am

We use a paint edger instead of tape. It saves a TON of time. We used something like the “Shur Line 00100 Shur Line Paint Edger With Wheels” on Amazon.
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Weights & baby animals

4 Shannon July 29, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Hi Courtney! I love that colour, its such a cozy blue. What is the name of it?

Good luck with the rest of the paintign!

5 Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident July 29, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Oh! That is going to be beautiful! Can’t wait to see the finished results!! P.S. I have to have wine when painting too ;) teehee
Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident recently posted..Sunday TV & Coconut Wildberry Smoothie

6 Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com July 29, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Painting is the worst but it’ll be worth it in the end! It’s looking great. :)
Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com recently posted..Wedding and a Non Long Run

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 29, 2012 at 7:51 pm

It is a beautiful color! LOVE it!… even if the picture doesn’t do it justice, it looks great! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Exercise During Pregnancy….. It does a body good! {part II}

8 Amanda July 29, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I LOVE that color! My fiance and I are house hunting right now, and I can’t wait for projects like this! Wine well deserved!
Amanda recently posted..Free Ice Cream and Divergent

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 29, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Love the color!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday Dinner

10 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog July 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm

It looks really good! I hate painting too!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Furry Friday & A Winner

11 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews July 29, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Love the grey!

12 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill July 29, 2012 at 8:32 pm

A few months ago, I was in the process of re-painting two rooms in my house and taping was always the worst part. With that being said, having straight edges looks SO much better than having messily painted walls. Overall, the work is always worth it in the end!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Miami

13 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 29, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Those colors look amazing! I may be the odd one out, but I don’t hate taping and doing the tedious work that goes with painting. I helped my grandma paint most of her house a few years ago and ended up spending SO much time on the taping and trim work/edges that my husband had to jump in and help with the big areas just so we could finish in time for her to move in!
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Run Like Angels: Packers 5K

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 29, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Love it, Courtney!! I’m so impressed with you and Tina. Both of you guys are doing house rennovations right now. That’s never an easy job!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..European Vacation, Part Uno

15 Lauren July 29, 2012 at 8:47 pm

It looks fantastic! Love the brightness the color is bringing to the room.
Lauren recently posted..Weekend in Review {7/28-7/29}

16 Sabrina @ Work It Ms, Jackson July 29, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I LOVE that color. What’s it called? It’s going to look great!
Sabrina @ Work It Ms, Jackson recently posted..Bootcamp Recap Week 1

17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 29, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Ooo so fun! I’m hoping with my next move that I’ll be able to paint the walls!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Sunday Spotlight: Della

18 Serena July 29, 2012 at 9:20 pm

That color looks so cozy!

19 Suzanne July 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Love that blue-gray color! What color/brand is that?
It looks like the color we meant to paint our dining room, but our color ended up being too sky blue. :(

20 Laura July 29, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I love it! So pretty!! It will make everything seem warmer.
Laura recently posted..A Walk on the Beach

21 Nicole July 29, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Love it! I’ve been wanting to do a similar color in our master bedroom but just can’t get myself to take the time to do it…and yes, you’re right -taping is the worst!!

Can’t wait to see the final product :)

22 Michelle@Peachy Palate July 30, 2012 at 1:38 am

You and Tina were on the same gravy train this weekend with the home improvements! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Addictive Nature

23 Khushboo July 30, 2012 at 1:42 am

Great choice of color!!
Khushboo recently posted..Weekend Reads

24 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 30, 2012 at 7:14 am

I love the color! I can’t wait to see what it looks like when it’s done :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Emotion Filled Weekend…

25 Christy July 30, 2012 at 8:37 am

I am so with you on wine with a paint project. I too despise taping. The hubs and I got a tip from a contractor friend: use a 10 inch Painter’s Taping Knife (aka Drywall taping knife). You can trim out the room without tape. Here’s the how to: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/skill-builder/0,,465139,00.html

26 Julie July 30, 2012 at 8:01 pm

The colors look great! It’s weird, but I’ve always wanted to paint walls. Can’t wait to have a house to try it, though I’m sure once I HAVE to do it I’ll hate it!
Julie recently posted..Pesto Caprese Grilled Sandwiches