Can You Tell?

So much good food to share with you this morning!

Starting with…last night’s dinner.

Oh man. These Chicken Parmesan Burgers. They’re just…so…I don’t even have the words.

For some reason, this batch of burgers seemed much larger than the last ones, but I have no idea how that could be possible since it was the same exact ingredients.

Hey…whatever. More for me!

To round out the meal, I quickly steamed some fresh broccoli in the microwave and had that along with a few french fries that I cooked up in the oven.

We ate dinner a bit earlier than usual since Jay had to head out for the evening, so by the time 8:30ish rolled around, I was in need of a little dessert.

Two scoops of caramel swirl ice cream, topped wiiiiith…can you tell? Winking smile

I was up ‘n at ‘em nice and early this morning, but I’ll be honest and say that my bed sounds SO much more appealing right now. I. need. to. go. to. bed. early. tonight. and. stay. away. from. the. Olympics.

It’s actually mornings like today where I wish that the caffeine in my morning coffee had even the tiniest effect on me…I could use a little caffeine jolt right now!

So waffles was the name of the game today…one topped with almond butter, one with peanut butter, both with banana slices, chia seeds, and cinnamon.

Both equally delicious.

This morning, I’m headed to the gym to train a client and then I’m attempting a trip to good ‘ol Target to try and find myself some new curtains for our living room window. Seriously, I think curtains has to be one of the worst things ever to have to buy. Why are they so flippin’ expensive?!?

Wish me luck!

Question for the Morning:

What are your favorite stores/websites to find stuff to decorate your home? (I need some ideas…that hopefully won’t break the bank!)

I turn to Pinterest, the HGTV site, Martha Stewart online, and for inspiration. Then I like to go to Michael’s or Home Goods to recreate the looks for less money. You can also find lots of great decorations online at and Etsy. Ebay is another great resource!
    Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Update: Lucy the Goldendoodle

I’m not sure what stores you have around there, but I LOVE Hobby Lobby for home decor. It’s not crazy expensive either. There’s also this other place that (I believe) is Utah local called Tai Pan. AMAZING. You have to come visit me so we can go together because you’d be in heaven. 😉 Target and Ross are others that I look at when I’m not wanting to spend a lot.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..08/09: Thursday Thoughts

• Courtney says

We actually do have a Hobby Lobby but I’ve never been in it. I never realized they had home decor…then again, who knows what I thought they had 😉

3. says is my go-to website for finding great deals on household items. Usually I’ll do some initial research to find out which brands/products I’m looking to buy, then search for those on My most recent purchase are my new 100% Egyptian Cotton sheets. I got them for less than $100! I love me some good deals. :)
    Elaine recently posted..Ultimate Oatmeal for Oatmeal Lovers

I actually can’t tell what’s on your ice cream haha
    We like to shop at IKEA –it’s cheap and looks good if you find the right things–but I know you already shop there! :) Target usually has nice things plus hobby lobby, I’ve heard does too but I haven’t really shopped on that site before…
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently is a (never-ending) journey.

We just went through the same thing getting curtains for our place! Check the Target website, I was able to get a buy one get one half off coupon on there for their Home brand which made it a little more reasonable. :)

HomeGoods! I LOVE that store and they always have a lot of really cute, inexpensive stuff there. TJ Maxx and Marshall’s sometimes do to, but it’s usually hit or miss with them. Check out HomeGoods! Their stuff is usually marked down too, so you’ll be sure to find a good deal!

I’m a huge fan of Pier 1, Hobby Lobby, Target, and Home Goods for home decor shopping. I also like to browse Etsy for eclectic items.

Those chicken burgers look delicious! I’m going to have to remember those for next week when I’m scrounging for a quick meal to make.
    Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

I need to try those burgers!! I want my house to look like Pottery Barn.. but that’s totally not affordable. I like Home Goods, BedBath&Beyond, Kirklands, and Target! I HATE buying curtains. There is curtains that I want for my dining room at Lowe’s, but they are so expensive that i haven’t gotten them yet!!!
    Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat recently posted..Thursday Tidbits…

9. TheBloggersBrother says

I made burgers last night too. From the bottom of my bun to the top of my bun, no lie, it was 8″ high. So good, I loved it

Your dinner looks SO good. Have you ever tried venison burgers? I had one for dinner last night and it’s hands down my favourite burger meat now!

11. Nicole says

I love Home Goods, it is def a favorite in my household. Amazon is also great, but only if you have something specific in mind. Other favorites – Kirklands, Home Decorators Collection (online), Ikea and I’ve heard awesome things about World Market too, but there aren’t any in the northeast. Next time I’m in the DC area, I most definitely plan on hitting one up!

12. BEcca says

Love love LOVE these burgers!!! I tried them last week, and just made a double batch to go on the grill for supper tonight! :) Thanks for the great idea. Chicken Parm is my FAV meal!