Can You Tell?

by Courtney on August 9, 2012

So much good food to share with you this morning!

Starting with…last night’s dinner.

Oh man. These Chicken Parmesan Burgers. They’re just…so…I don’t even have the words.

For some reason, this batch of burgers seemed much larger than the last ones, but I have no idea how that could be possible since it was the same exact ingredients.

Hey…whatever. More for me!

To round out the meal, I quickly steamed some fresh broccoli in the microwave and had that along with a few french fries that I cooked up in the oven.

Delicious.

We ate dinner a bit earlier than usual since Jay had to head out for the evening, so by the time 8:30ish rolled around, I was in need of a little dessert.

Two scoops of caramel swirl ice cream, topped wiiiiith…can you tell? Winking smile

*****

Breakfast

I was up ‘n at ‘em nice and early this morning, but I’ll be honest and say that my bed sounds SO much more appealing right now. I. need. to. go. to. bed. early. tonight. and. stay. away. from. the. Olympics.

It’s actually mornings like today where I wish that the caffeine in my morning coffee had even the tiniest effect on me…I could use a little caffeine jolt right now!

So waffles was the name of the game today…one topped with almond butter, one with peanut butter, both with banana slices, chia seeds, and cinnamon.

Both equally delicious.

This morning, I’m headed to the gym to train a client and then I’m attempting a trip to good ‘ol Target to try and find myself some new curtains for our living room window. Seriously, I think curtains has to be one of the worst things ever to have to buy. Why are they so flippin’ expensive?!?

Wish me luck!

Question for the Morning:

What are your favorite stores/websites to find stuff to decorate your home? (I need some ideas…that hopefully won’t break the bank!)

1 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope August 9, 2012 at 7:50 am

Those burgers look so good! Better than a restaurant! :)

My favorite place to look for home items is Home Goods. You can find so many cute items for a decent price there.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My First Pesto Pizza!…

2 Jenny August 9, 2012 at 10:12 am

Going to have to agree with Home Goods here! It’s amazing

3 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 9, 2012 at 8:03 am

Good luck with the target trip today!!! That dinner looks fantastic! Going to have to check out that recipe!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Get Your Good Going

4 Lauren August 9, 2012 at 8:13 am

Okay I think it’s time to make these burgers. :) I drool every time.
Lauren recently posted..Cheesecake for Breakfast

5 Erin @ The Grass Skirt August 9, 2012 at 8:26 am

I turn to Pinterest, the HGTV site, Martha Stewart online, and BHG.com for inspiration. Then I like to go to Michael’s or Home Goods to recreate the looks for less money. You can also find lots of great decorations online at Overstock.com and Etsy. Ebay is another great resource!
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Update: Lucy the Goldendoodle

6 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 9, 2012 at 8:27 am

TOPPED WITH CAT COOKIES. Those things are like crack!
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Pack your lunch!

7 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files August 9, 2012 at 8:33 am

Gah your ice cream bowl looks amazing!
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..WIAW-still lovin’ salads

8 Kim@hingryhealthygirl August 9, 2012 at 8:36 am

Those burgers look fabulous. I’m sooooo with you on the Olympics! I’ve always had pretty good luck at Pier 1 Imports.
Kim@hingryhealthygirl recently posted..Thursday Things “Playlist for the Gym”

9 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 9, 2012 at 8:49 am

I’m not sure what stores you have around there, but I LOVE Hobby Lobby for home decor. It’s not crazy expensive either. There’s also this other place that (I believe) is Utah local called Tai Pan. AMAZING. You have to come visit me so we can go together because you’d be in heaven. ;) Target and Ross are others that I look at when I’m not wanting to spend a lot.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..08/09: Thursday Thoughts

10 Courtney August 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm

We actually do have a Hobby Lobby but I’ve never been in it. I never realized they had home decor…then again, who knows what I thought they had ;)

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 9, 2012 at 8:50 am

I always find that whenever I’m looking for something in particular, I can NEVER find it!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..checking in

12 Elaine August 9, 2012 at 9:04 am

Overstock.com is my go-to website for finding great deals on household items. Usually I’ll do some initial research to find out which brands/products I’m looking to buy, then search for those on Overstock.com. My most recent purchase are my new 100% Egyptian Cotton sheets. I got them for less than $100! I love me some good deals. :)
Elaine recently posted..Ultimate Oatmeal for Oatmeal Lovers

13 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance August 9, 2012 at 9:10 am

Those burgers look amazing! Try overstock.com for nice curtains.
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Cake Batter Puppy Chow

14 Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings August 9, 2012 at 9:12 am

Cat cookies!!! So addictive!

I love HomeGoods and checking out thrift stores for cheap finds for my apartment. Also, flash sale sites like Rue La La and HauteLook will often have home sales! Good luck!
Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..A change of pace

15 Yellow Haired Girl August 9, 2012 at 9:44 am

I always drool a little bit when you blog about those burgers. I REALLY need to make them!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Not Very Stapley

16 Courtney August 9, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Hahaha, dooooooo itt! ;)

17 Sandy Vanhoey August 9, 2012 at 9:57 am

These are yummy and very delectable foods. I can eat a lot of these.
Sandy Vanhoey recently posted..Experience the Joys of Sex

18 Danielle August 9, 2012 at 10:07 am

Check Boscovs for curtains! AMAZING prices!

19 Courtney August 9, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Ahhhh, why didn’t I think of that?!?! Haha, thanks Danielle! :)

20 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife August 9, 2012 at 10:16 am

Ikea has cute, cheap decorations/mirrors/rugs & you can find so much on etsy.com!
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Playlist Thursday: Pop Music

21 Danica @ It's Progression August 9, 2012 at 10:21 am

I actually can’t tell what’s on your ice cream haha
We like to shop at IKEA –it’s cheap and looks good if you find the right things–but I know you already shop there! :) Target usually has nice things plus hobby lobby, I’ve heard overstock.com does too but I haven’t really shopped on that site before…
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..health is a (never-ending) journey.

22 Mary Beth August 9, 2012 at 10:31 am

We just went through the same thing getting curtains for our place! Check the Target website, I was able to get a buy one get one half off coupon on there for their Home brand which made it a little more reasonable. :)

23 Rachel August 9, 2012 at 10:35 am

I always look at Target haha Love their stuff
Rachel recently posted..Pilates Cat

24 Steph August 9, 2012 at 10:50 am

JCPenny actually has a good variety of curtains online. And now I want some PB and Banana waffles :)
Steph recently posted..Some Silliness

25 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine August 9, 2012 at 10:52 am

Homegoods or Target! I also try to buy giftcards on eBay because you can usually get them a bit cheaper than their actual value.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..The Best Cupcakes I Have Ever Had… from a cake mix.

26 Courtney August 9, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Oooo, that’s genius!

27 Claire August 9, 2012 at 10:54 am

HomeGoods! I LOVE that store and they always have a lot of really cute, inexpensive stuff there. TJ Maxx and Marshall’s sometimes do to, but it’s usually hit or miss with them. Check out HomeGoods! Their stuff is usually marked down too, so you’ll be sure to find a good deal!

28 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights August 9, 2012 at 11:02 am

I’m a huge fan of Pier 1, Hobby Lobby, Target, and Home Goods for home decor shopping. I also like to browse Etsy for eclectic items.

Those chicken burgers look delicious! I’m going to have to remember those for next week when I’m scrounging for a quick meal to make.
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

29 Julie August 9, 2012 at 11:10 am

Hellooooooo cats cookies! :-) Everything looks delicious! Hope Target goes well. I’d suggest Home Goods, too, but the prices are about the same as Target. Good luck!
Julie recently posted..Midday Work Date

30 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 9, 2012 at 11:26 am

Target! Although, I can even spend way too much money there if I want to…
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Honeymoon Recap, Part 7: The Final Days

31 Courtney August 9, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Ughh…ain’t THAT the truth! ;)

32 Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat August 9, 2012 at 11:35 am

I need to try those burgers!! I want my house to look like Pottery Barn.. but that’s totally not affordable. I like Home Goods, BedBath&Beyond, Kirklands, and Target! I HATE buying curtains. There is curtains that I want for my dining room at Lowe’s, but they are so expensive that i haven’t gotten them yet!!!
Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat recently posted..Thursday Tidbits…

33 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony August 9, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Target, Home Goods, and Christmas Tree Shop! They are great products for discount prices. :)
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..PB

34 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess August 9, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I got my curtains from target. They are super cute and were 50 bucks. I’m not sure if thats exspensive in your opinion, but I think they were worth it! Target has a great selection. Walmart sucks dont waste your time.
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..MIMM: Smoothie & Fro Yo Love

35 Courtney August 9, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Compared to what I’ve been seeing, 50 bucks is a STEAL!

36 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud August 9, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Home Goods or World Market! Cheaper versions of Pier 1 :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud recently posted..Two Kitchen Tools I’m Lovin’

37 Alysia @ Slim Sanity August 9, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I go to Target most of the time! Kohl’s has some good stuff too, and you can usually find a lot of sales there
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..a day of rest + a fun package

38 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie August 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I need to try those burgers! The olympics are killing me on sleep too!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..August Goals

39 Laurel August 9, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I buy all of my curtains at Boscov’s! They have great prices and are pretty well made.

40 Laura Lea August 9, 2012 at 1:50 pm

OMG droool cats cookies on ice cream!!! Pure genius. I plan to sprinkle a Delta biscoff cookie on my ice cream tonight that I pilfered during my last flight :).
Laura Lea recently posted..Post-Op 40 Minute HIIT Workout

41 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 9, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Definitely have a massive ice cream craving now. Pretty sure there’s some tucked in the freezer, actually :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Liebster Award – Popping my Blog Award Cherry.

42 Candice August 9, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Yum! i want the burger now…
i always find good decorations at TJ maxx!
Candice recently posted..PR’s and Problems.

43 TheBloggersBrother August 9, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I made burgers last night too. From the bottom of my bun to the top of my bun, no lie, it was 8″ high. So good, I loved it

44 Khushboo August 9, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Your dinner looks SO good. Have you ever tried venison burgers? I had one for dinner last night and it’s hands down my favourite burger meat now!

45 Nicole August 9, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I love Home Goods, it is def a favorite in my household. Amazon is also great, but only if you have something specific in mind. Other favorites – Kirklands, Home Decorators Collection (online), Ikea and I’ve heard awesome things about World Market too, but there aren’t any in the northeast. Next time I’m in the DC area, I most definitely plan on hitting one up!

46 kristin August 9, 2012 at 4:51 pm

bed bath and beyond – exp there clearance section

47 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I love those chicken parmesan burgers, too! Thank you again for the recipe … it’s awesome!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..BBQ Chicken (on the grill, or in the oven if you run out of propane like we did.).

48 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 9, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I saw a great tip on Pinterest… it suggested buying SHOWER curtains somewhere like Target, then hanging them using ribbon.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Restaurant Review: Amada, Atlantic City

49 Bek @ Crave August 10, 2012 at 5:12 am

Cat crackers?! Haha!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Loving myself

50 Susie August 10, 2012 at 11:53 am

Ballard designs is a fantastic site, prices vary. Also world market, west elm, home goods, and z gallery!

51 Nicole August 13, 2012 at 4:34 pm

A week out of town and I’m getting caught up on my blogs!

Here’s one that I’ve ordered everything from Christmas Stockings to bookshelves from….great prices and nice designs. They even ship to you!

52 BEcca August 15, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Love love LOVE these burgers!!! I tried them last week, and just made a double batch to go on the grill for supper tonight! :) Thanks for the great idea. Chicken Parm is my FAV meal!