Actually Matching

by Courtney on August 27, 2012

Well here we are…already in to the last week in August. It’s definitely been a great month so far, and I have a feeling it’s going to end on a super positive note, with Kathryn & Paul’s wedding this Friday. Ohhhh, I’m so excited! I’ve got a busy week leading up to it, so I have a feeling it’s going to fly by pretty quickly.

Kinda like this past weekend did…here’s what ya may have missed:

So I totally forgot to set an alarm last night, and didn’t end up waking up until I heard Jay shuffling around the room at about 7:30am. This gave me just about 9 hours of sleep last night and I am ecstatic. I need more sleep in my life. I need to get my butt to bed earlier!

My later than usual wake up time also put me in that awkward time frame of “should I work out first or should I eat breakfast first?” Well, breakfast won.

I cooked up a delicious egg sandwich today, made with one fried egg, provolone cheese, turkey bacon, and strawberry preserves (courtesy of Kelly from HLS last weekend – the stuff is SO good, and special from Wisconsin!).

Everything got sandwiched between a whole wheat Bagel Thin, which I was actually sent last week, along with a few packages of The Laughing Cow cream cheese spread. Two of my favorites – gotta love that.

I had to chuckle to myself this morning because I think this is one of the first times in a LONG time where I’ve actually used matching dishes from our dinnerware set.

I’m almost always switching it up with other odds and ends I’ve bought along the way. Winking smile

Time to get going on a few things and then get my yoga on!

Things To Read on Monday:

1 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 27, 2012 at 9:24 am

You keep mentioning fruit preserves on your breakfast sandwiches. I’ll have to try it! I’ve never met a salty/sweet combo that I didn’t like :)
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Cookie Dough Dip

2 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance August 27, 2012 at 9:26 am

I can’t believe August is almost over. I start grad school classes today – it’s crazy how the summer has flown by!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Uchi Houston Review

3 Sarah @ Practice Princess August 27, 2012 at 9:48 am

Lovely to hear you are taking it easy! I could eat one of those sandwiches right now… some sort of amazing study snack. My energy levels are flagging, not long to go now just 12 more days til I finish all my coursework for my masters. Ever! Thanks for giving me some happy reading material in between. My husband doesn’t entertain the sweet savoury thing of the jam and eggs but I’m right with you there. Delicious :D
Sarah @ Practice Princess recently posted..Marshmallow Brownies

4 Elaine August 27, 2012 at 10:14 am

That egg sandwich sounds amazing. I love the idea of adding preserves. A little bit of sweet to go with the salty. I’m definitely trying that soon!
Elaine recently posted..2 Ingredient Fruit Dip

5 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine August 27, 2012 at 10:21 am

So glad that you got me hooked on the egg and jelly combo – it is fantastic!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..C25K Week 4 Recap

6 Khushboo August 27, 2012 at 10:26 am

Ok that bacon just took the egg/cheese/jam sandwich combo to the next level…YUM!
Khushboo recently posted..2012 resolutions…revisited

7 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily August 27, 2012 at 10:43 am

Loving that egg sandwich! Raspberry preserves is my absolute favorite with egg and cheese, I’ll have to try strawberry next time.
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..11 Years

8 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files August 27, 2012 at 10:50 am

that breakfast combo sounds amazing..i love those bagel things to make breakfast sandwiches but I always find that english muffins tend to be more filling for me
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..To-do lists + Recent Eats

9 Rachel August 27, 2012 at 10:56 am

I’ve been wanting a bagel for a while… need to find a gluten free one haha
Rachel recently posted..MIMM#4 Birding Adventures

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 27, 2012 at 11:04 am

I slept a bit later too and went for breakfast before workout. I figure give myself a little time to digest and I’ll head out the door for my run then! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Whiskey & Frosting

11 Shannon August 27, 2012 at 11:13 am

Thank you for the great workout from FitSugar TV. Half the stuff I didn’t do because the basement floor isn’t the cleanest, but I did some of the workout. It brought me to a sweat. I also noticed on the side, a video that was a Zumba workout, so I clicked on it and did the whole 14 minutes of the workout. It incorporated salsa movements while working on the shoulders. It felt great and now I’m sweating up a storm. :)

I always thought fitness was a bore, but after today, I’m really excited to search YouTube for more Zumba workouts! Thank you for the inspiration.

12 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom August 27, 2012 at 11:40 am

Getting a good nights sleep is the best!!! It sounds like you needed it, too!! I wish I could say the same but with two kids up all night, the bags under my eyes are quite scary!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Back to School

13 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family August 27, 2012 at 11:52 am

oo bagel thins, love them. I have been on an english muffin kick lately but i think its time to switch to bagel thins again! Now I am craving an egg sandwich like no other!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Breastfeeding After 1 Year Old

14 Heather August 27, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Thanks for the link love, my dear :) HAPPY MONDAY! [and a healthy-choice filled one at that ;) ]
Heather recently posted..Healthy Decisions to Make on a Monday

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 27, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I don’t think I even own matching cups/dishware, let alone use it. One day! :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Clean It Up Week.

16 Kelly August 27, 2012 at 1:24 pm

That sandwich looks delicious!!! I’m glad you are enjoying the preserves! :)
Kelly recently posted..Happy National Dog Day!

17 RunEatRepeat August 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I’m just here to find out how I can get my hands on some of those incredible chocolate chip cookies…
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Sunday Recap and Monday Mini Goals

18 Trixie August 27, 2012 at 2:45 pm

We have the same dishes! love them =)

19 Lisa August 27, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I wish I got some good sleep last night. I worked until midnight and even though I work late, I can’t stop from waking up at an unreasonable hour! Not fun!
What is it about eggs and jam that makes such a great combo! And goat cheese too, yum!
Lisa recently posted..Coconut Flour Cookie

20 Bek @ Crave August 29, 2012 at 5:38 am

Yum! Looks good :) I don’t usually match dinnerware but I have food that matches a certain colour of dinnerware usually hahah! it’s weird.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..MIA

21 Myhosting Reviews August 6, 2013 at 12:16 am

Every weekend i used to visit this web page, for the reason that i want enjoyment, for the reason that
this this web page conations truly pleasant funny material too.
Myhosting Reviews recently posted..Myhosting Reviews