Who Motivates You?

by Courtney on September 1, 2012

Happy weekend, friends! While I’m most likely on my way home this morning from partying my face off at Kathryn & Paul’s wedding, I thought I’d share a little guest post with you all…and actually, it’s one of MY guest posts!

A couple weeks ago, I wrote a guest post for FitSugar, highlighting some of my favorite Reebok gear, as well as a fun contest that’s going on on Pinterest. It was a fun post that I really enjoyed writing, so hopefully you guys will like it too!

*****

This past May, I was presented with the opportunity to visit the Reebok World Headquarters in Canton, MA, and my entire experience there was incredible. The Reebok team members were so friendly and super knowledgeable of their products, the Cross Fit WOD and cardio dance class were insanely awesome, and the generous goodies we received while visiting was pretty much the icing on the cake.

(To read more about my experience at Reebok World HQ, you can check out my recap posts HERE and HERE).

Ever since that one day in May, I have been in love with my Reebok gear.

The sneakers have easily become my go-to pair (and of course, I swap colors to coordinate outfits!), and the apparel is some of the comfiest stuff that I own.

Recently, I was sent some of Reebok’s newest footwear and apparel to try out.

The first pieces I tried out were the Flex Collection Seamless Long Bra Top and Seamless Capri Tight.

While I immediately fell in love with the comfort of the top, I think my favorite thing about it was the length. I love me a long-length workout top, and this one definitely fit the bill.

Another thing I’ve been loving? This gorgeous pair of Reebok RealFlex Fusion TR’s.

These sneakers have been absolutely great for so many reasons. For one, I’ve recently had to cut back on my own workouts and have been doing a lot of walking. These sneakers have, without a doubt, been a perfect shoe for that.

In addition to being able to do all of my walking with them, they’ve also proven to be a great shoe for when I’m training clients as well.

IMG_6947IMG_6948

I’m looking forward to the day when I’m able to once again start doing some killer circuit and HIIT workouts with these bad boys, but for now I’ve got to do what’s best for me and my body.

Honestly, my personal fitness lifestyle has changed drastically in the past three months and it’s often been a challenge at times. Some days, I let myself sulk and feel bad about it. Other days, I remind myself to be thankful for the things that I CAN do, and often look to others for some extra inspiration.

One of those people would have to be Chris Powell.

source

I’ve long been a fan of him, for a number of reasons, but have most recently become obsessed with him and his training on Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition. Just watching Chris on that show proves that he is, for many – including myself, a fitness hero.

Chris inspires me to keep doing what I’m doing, regardless of it being just walking and yoga. He also motivates me to continue to be an even better personal trainer with my own clients. He’s uplifting. He’s motivational. He’s tough when he needs to be, just as I strive to do.

And let’s be real…he’s pretty easy on the eyes, too. Winking smile

source

I actually have this picture of Chris posted on my “My Fit Pin-Spiration board on Pinterest because he is, in fact, my fitness inspiration.

If you check out my "My Fit Pin-Spiration" board, you’ll see Chris, along with some other faces of fitness that I look to for inspiration and motivation. And right now, you can actually create your own "Fit Pin-Spiration" board on Pinterest as a part of the Reebok Pinterest Contest.

To find out more about the contest and how to enter, click here.

Who do you look to as your inspiration? (it can be anyone and doesn’t have to be a household name!) Who pushes you to lead a healthier, happier life? Whoever it is, be it a popular TV trainer or your gym buddy, make sure to thank them.

They deserve it!

1 michelle kim September 1, 2012 at 10:29 am

Actually I find a lot of motivation in finding delicious and healthy eats AND working out from a lot of health&fitness bloggers (STSL for example). Thanks so much for promoting a healthy, balanced lifestyle! ;)
michelle kim recently posted..Frozen Biceps and A Sucky Run

2 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 1, 2012 at 10:32 am

Great post Courtney! I love the new longer Reebok tanks! They are so awesome and I definitely prefer my tanks longer! CrossFit has been a huge motivator for me lately especially some of the amazing CrossFit games competitors!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Happy National Cherry Day

3 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 1, 2012 at 10:40 am

I love all of the Reebok gear. I actually won a giveaway recently and will be creating some custom Reebok shoes. Yay for me!! A big motivation for me is reading fitness or running magazines and healthy living blogs. All of them give me different information and ideas to keep staying healthy.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Foodie Penpal all the way from Kuwait!

4 Diana Atkins September 1, 2012 at 10:40 am

I love your Reebok gear. I’ll have to get a pair of those too. They look pretty cool.
Diana Atkins recently posted..Workout Programs Review

5 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 1, 2012 at 10:45 am

Love that Reebok tank – I might have to keep my eye out for it! Super cute.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Rehashing August.

6 Sarah September 1, 2012 at 11:02 am

well, I’ve never been “motivated” by anyone… but looking at old photos of my obese self certainly helps! :) Thinking of how far I’ve come and not wanting to go back.
I know my dad’s inspiration is Paul Ryan. He is a HUGE fan of Paul Ryan (me too!) and somehow found out the guy has 6% bodyfat. that was it for my dad…he bought a home gym and now the rest is history. well, he just has to start using it :) For now, I’m the only one who is!

7 Katherine September 1, 2012 at 11:32 am

Hi Courtney, What a cute blog you have!

I wanted to let you know about this upcoming 7-day green smoothie challenge :)

Katherine recently posted..Back to School Green Smoothie Challenge – Fall 2012

8 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 1, 2012 at 11:34 am

What a great post! I don’t have anyone who inspires me to work out. I really do it for me because I feel good about it! Though there are a lot of trainers who make me want to push harder when I’m working out like Chalean Johnson, Jackie Warner and Jillian Micheals. I don’t have anyone in my family or even friends who like to be fit or exercise, so my biggest motivation is me.
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Peanut Butter Chip Yogurt Cookies

9 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 1, 2012 at 11:39 am

I’m a big fan of Jillian Michaels….sort of in a love hate way. I love her circuit workout videos, they really push me to challenge myself beyond my comfort zone!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..I’m Alive!

10 Rachel @ For the Love of Chocolate September 1, 2012 at 12:04 pm

First off, that blue workout top looks awesome! I also am a fan of the longer fit of a workout top, I will have to check that one out online. The thicker straps are always better up top for me too.

I find many of the bloggers I follow to be great fitness inspirations (no matter how high intensity or hard core there are!). But Zuzana Light, formerly of BodyRockTV, is in killer shape and her workouts are crazy hard. She is not stick thin, and shows that woman should be strong. She is also a great motivator!

11 Avery @ Texas Teen Keeps Lean September 1, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Bob Harper is my absolute favorite. He’s firm, but fun and encouraging all at the same time.
Avery @ Texas Teen Keeps Lean recently posted..August Favorites

12 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 1, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Definitely checking out what Reebok gear I can get shipped in Ireland, they have such a poor selection in shops here! I want those sneakers!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Am I the only one in the country?

13 Danica @ It's Progression September 1, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I LOVE Chris Powell–he’s amazing to watch with every contestant on Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition. I’m also a huge fan of Jillian Michaels–she can be pretty harsh and a little rough around the edges but her motives are always good and there’s no questioning that she works her butt off to be great at what she does!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..thursday thoughts 8.30.12

14 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles September 1, 2012 at 8:52 pm

I love longer workout tops too! The few Lululemon ones I have do the trick for me. Looks like I gotta check Reebok’s gear!
Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..Equinox

15 Shannon September 1, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I don’t really have a person that inspires me to be active. After reading all of these articles and your blog, I think it’s time to quit the computer and start moving. I’ve learned that fitness can be fun, if you are doing something that you love. For the first time, I craved my jump rope. I’m going to try to find it tomorrow and jump rope in the driveway for the first time in a few years. I miss it terribly, and it’s fun! :)

16 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter September 2, 2012 at 9:06 am

I adore Chris!! :) He is probably one of my inspirations as well. There are tons of people that keep me inspired, but I would have to say that they people on the shows like the Biggest loser, Extreme makeover, etc, their stories really inspire me! Somebody real that has or is experiencing the same struggles as I am.
If only Chris could come stand in front of me while I work out….that would really get my heart rate up! ;)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..My day in pictures