The Past Two Days

by Courtney on September 3, 2012

Well it has been a really great weekend so far, I must say.

First, we had the wedding on Friday, which was obviously a blast.

Then on Saturday evening, we had some friends over to help finish the back deck (it’s gone!) and ended the evening with a bbq and a bonfire.

And Octoberfest. Because it’s officially September now, so I can fully justify it. Winking smile

Jay is actually the one who decided to pick it up the other night when we stopped at Trader Joe’s…we just waited to dive in until the time was right.

Yesterday, I enjoyed a bit of lazy time in the morning, followed by this great walk on the treadmill plus a few easy abs moves. After that, we headed out to celebrate this little guy’s first birthday, and then spent the rest of our day up on Saratoga Lake.

It was a beautiful day, so we split our time between the boat, playing the most epic game ever of cornhole, and enjoying time with family.

I took the entire past two days off from the camera and decided to just embrace the weekend (thank you to Jay, who used his Instagram a few times!). I think for those of us who do blog pretty consistently that it’s so great to take some time off now and then, to just live in the now…instead of behind the lens. Ya know? Smile

*****

This morning, I woke up and immediately put on a pot of coffee while I got some breakfast ready. Empty peanut butter jar in the house…you know what THAT means.

OIAJ, baby! But not just any oats in a jar…

Can ya tell? Can ya?

It’s now September. If you read this old post, you’ll know what’s happenin’ up in there. (going back and reading old posts like that always make me laugh and cringe at the same time)

A couple quick things…

• Many of you asked where I get my cupcake boxes. I get them from a local store but they also have a website you can order from called Confectionery House.
      • To hold one dozen cupcakes, I use THIS BOX and THIS INSERT.
      • My store also has boxes that hold two dozen cupcakes, but I couldn’t find those on the website.
  • I know I still owe you guys a full wedding recap, and a lemon cupcake recipe. They’ll be headed your way this week.

But for now, I’m off to go enjoy the rest of my long weekend…hopefully you’re all doing the same!

1 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 3, 2012 at 8:54 am

Sounds like a fun weekend! Enjoy the rest of it! I can’t wait for the lemon cupcake recipe!! I’m so excited for the return of pumpkin too! September 1st I started using it ;) I’m most excited about my pumpkin coffee being back!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday

2 Khushboo September 3, 2012 at 9:04 am

Glad you were able to enjoy your weekend! It’s nice to live without thinking whether a specific situation is blog-worthy and just enjoy it for what it is!

3 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 3, 2012 at 9:12 am

Cant wait for the lemon cupcake recipe!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..August Workout Summary

4 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 3, 2012 at 9:13 am

mm those look like pumpkin oats to me :) i was so upset when i went to trader joes yesterday and they don’t have their pumpkin butter in yet..they told me they won’t have it until the end of september!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Weekend Happenings

5 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced September 3, 2012 at 9:41 am

So many weddings this weekend!! I just got back from an Amazing one at the NY State Museum in Albany!!! Also, fall is by far my favorite season ever for many reasons but Octoberfest Sam Adams is definitely one of those reasons!
Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Ashley’s Wedding Day

6 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 3, 2012 at 9:52 am

I JUST picked up my first can of pumpkin this weekend and made baked oatmeal with some pumpkin this morning! Can’t wait to make a regular bowl of oatmeal with it too!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..September Goals

7 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess September 3, 2012 at 9:57 am

It sounds like you had an amazing weekend!! My sister-in-law is getting married in 3 weeks and I’m so excited to be a bridesmaid. Happy Monday!
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..MIMM: Good Eats

8 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter September 3, 2012 at 10:06 am

Glad that you have had a great long weekend! Hope you enjoy the rest of it! :) Can’t wait for the lemon cupcake recipe! ;)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..It’s a good Monday!

9 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 3, 2012 at 10:22 am

Good for you for taking a bit of a picture taking/blogging break and actually enjoying your time away from the computer!! I take off every weekend because that is the only time my entire family is able to spend quailty time with one another without constantly rushing around.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Shop til ya Drop

10 Linz @ Itz Linz September 3, 2012 at 10:53 am

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend! :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Marvelous Instagram Weekend

11 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 3, 2012 at 11:22 am

What a great weekend! It’s nice to take a break from the camera every once in a while.
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Pumpkin Biscuits

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 3, 2012 at 11:32 am

Looks like a great weekend! :) Enjoy the rest of it!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Too much fun to type …

13 Rachel September 3, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Looks like you had a great weekend! You always look so pretty in the wedding pictures! Do you do your own hair?
Rachel recently posted..MIMM #5 Happy Labor Day!

14 Courtney September 3, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Thanks, Rachel! Definitely don’t do my own hair, but I do my own makeup :)

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 3, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I spent the weekend moving, so not too relaxing for me! That’s the plan for the week though. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..September Goals

16 Michelle (Better with Berries) September 3, 2012 at 1:20 pm

You look so gorgeous in those wedding photos! And I watched the video of the bridal party entrance – how fun! I’m sure the bride will love looking back on that :-)
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..My First Two Weeks As A Dietetics Student

17 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction September 3, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I just bought Tim a 12 pack of the Fall variety of Sam Adams. I cannot believe it is that time of year already.
We went to Trader Joe’s yesterday and it was CRAZY! We walked out without buying anything because it was so crowded that we could not really look for anything. Maybe we will make the trip again some time during the week, hopefully that will make a difference.
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..It Makes Life Easier

18 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 3, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Yay for pumpkin oats!! I’m eating pumpkin at every given opportunity! Enjoy your break from the lens :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..When once a day isn’t enough

19 Lisa September 3, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Yep, I ate pumpkin this morning too:) It was a lovely welcome breakfast to the fall season coming up!
Now I am craving baking with it!
You two look adorable at the wedding!
Lisa recently posted..Comment on Green Juice and Cookie Dough by Lisa

20 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 3, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I love Octoberfest. Oh man!!! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // I Will Wait

21 Jordan @ Whimsical Desperation September 3, 2012 at 7:26 pm

It looks like a fun weekend! Happy Labor Day!
Jordan @ Whimsical Desperation recently posted..19 Reasons Why I’m Happy

22 Bek @ Crave September 3, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Looks like you’re really living life! Good on you for taking a break :) Can’t wait for the wedding recap :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Obstacles