Food Finds and Steals…Literally

by Courtney on September 10, 2012

I feel like today has been one of those days where everything I eat tastes amazing. Don’t you just love those days??

One major highlight from today, aside from breakfast, would be today’s lunch.

Last night while making dinner, I roasted a big batch of zucchini and yellow squash to have for during the week. Today, I incorporated it into a wrap along with a fresh sliced tomato, a couple slices of turkey bacon, onion, and feta cheese.

It was a bit different from my usual combos, but this thing was right up my alley.

Shortly after lunch, I had a ton of errands I had to take care of…one of which was stopping over at my parents’ house to drop some stuff off to them. While I was there, I happened to notice a beautiful loaf of raisin bread on the counter, so I grabbed a slice.

You can always count on there being good food at mom and dad’s house! Winking smile

Just take a look at all that icing…

Now that’s my kinda raisin bread.

While I was in the house, I also did a good bad thing and stole a jar of Blizzard Butter from the pantry. Sorry, mom…it was necessary.

Let me explain why…this jar of Blizzard Butter has been in their house for probably almost a year. A YEAR. That is just a travesty, and I could not watch the poor delicious jar of BB sit untouched any longer…so I saved it.

If any of you have ever had Blizzard Butter (aka, the best white chocolate peanut butter EVER) then you probably understand my silly need to talk like such a fool about saving it.

*****

Grocery shopping was also on the to-do list today, which included a quick stop to Target. While I was there, I happened to run across these…

Would you believe it? I first heard about the Candy Corn Oreos about a week ago and have been super curious about them ever since. I went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to try ‘em out, but ultimately I decided that I probably wouldn’t like them. I wasn’t really a fan of the candy corn m&m’s last year either, so I left them behind…

And decided to buy a bag of the real thing instead.

And so begins the candy corn consumption of the season. Bring. it. on.

One final new and exciting item I came across today? Chobani Flip!

I’m already in love with their vanilla chocolate chunk flavor, so I picked up a container to try.

I’m thinking that I may have to pop this into the freezer for a few minutes later for a yummy after-dinner treat. Has anyone else tried these out yet?

Alright…I think I’m done sharing all of my food finds and steals for today. Time to go reheat some soup and bread for dinnahhhh!

Question for the Evening:

Have you come across any new and/or exciting food finds lately?

1 Leslie September 10, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Ohhhhh that Chobani looks good! I hope it shows up at my grocery store soon!!

2 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling September 10, 2012 at 5:59 pm

That Chobani looks good! And I tried the candy corn M&Ms this weekend at a froyo place, and they were pretty good. I think I may have to try out the Oreos ;)
Molly@This Life Is Sparkling recently posted..Marvelous Monday {Through Pics From 9/8}

3 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign September 10, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Oh my gosh that new Chobani sounds amazing! I’ll need to keep my eyes open for those the next time I go shopping.

Candy corn is a dangerous addiction of mine–I seriously have no self control around that stuff!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..12 Healthy Snack Options

4 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes September 10, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I haven’t seen those Chobani Flips yet. You can bet I’ll keep an eye out for them!
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..#Runchat

5 Sana September 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I guess I am the only one who thinks candy corn is gross?
Sana recently posted..September Healthy Living / Fitness Blogger Writing Challenge Catch Up

6 Courtney September 10, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Bite your tongue, Sana!! ;)

7 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 10, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Kabocha squash!!! There is one place I know that sells it so I’m in every week now picking it up..also managed to track down pumpkin puree in a jar, no more shipping it in from the U.S!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..A flash in the pan

8 Rachel September 10, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I’m waiting for that Chobani to come down by me!! :D I’m not really an oreo fan, but I do like my candy corn :) (only a few pieces though haha they can make my stomach hurt after a while lol)

The coolest thing I found lately (that was new to me) was raspberry peanut butter– omgosh, it’s amazing!
Rachel recently posted..MIMM #6: Weekend Adventures

9 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna September 10, 2012 at 6:25 pm

my mom bought my brother and i those candy corn oreos the other day and they are BOMB. i love candy corn but sometimes candy corn flavored things are gross.. but those oreos are definitely worth buying for a treat!

also, that blizzard butter sounds really good!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Bangs! {& Homemade ‘Vitality’ Bowl Recipe}

10 Cait @ Beyond Bananas September 10, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I looked for those candy corn oreos at the store this weekend. They weren’t stocked at my local store (yet). I don’t think I”d buy them either though…I wouldn’t like them and my husband looked like he was about to vomit when I told him about them!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Oh, First Grade!

11 Debbie (Accidently Delish) September 11, 2012 at 11:40 am

you’re loving calling him your husband now aren’t you :)
Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen

12 clare @ fittingitallin September 10, 2012 at 6:28 pm

ahh all the sweet treats look so great! icing on cinnamon raisin bread = genius. Except I’ve never been a candy corn fan…I need someone to try those oreos to get a review though!
clare @ fittingitallin recently posted..Final Day In Dublin

13 Sam September 10, 2012 at 6:31 pm

I love your blog post today! :)
I just got candy corn M&Ms at CVS the other day. Over the summer I had creamsicle Oreos over the summer. I’m going to have to get my hands on the candy corn version!

14 Courtney September 11, 2012 at 9:29 am

Let me know what you think of ‘em!
(P.S. – hope you’re feeling better!) :)

15 Less September 10, 2012 at 6:31 pm

I am way too hungry to be looking at all the delicious food that you ate/bought/stole today!!
Less recently posted..It’s about the Fight!

16 Lindsay September 10, 2012 at 6:34 pm

The candy corn Oreo’s are on my radar. I need to pick them up soon

17 Blog is the New Black September 10, 2012 at 6:40 pm

That sandwich looks phenomenal…. and I thought the same thing about the candy corn ores!

18 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 10, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Those chobani flips look awesome! I can’t wait to try them out! I just saw the candy corn oreos on facebook! I love anything candy corn!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday!

19 Elizabeth September 10, 2012 at 7:13 pm

There’s something like those Chobani Flips in Britain, called Corner Crunches – yogurt and then a topping of some kind. They’re delicious! Lots of fun too, the perfect dessert.

20 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife September 10, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Just tried cider jelly & it is delicious! It is literally just apple cider evaporated – it is sooo good! Hard to find but worth it :)
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Spicy Pumpkin Vegetable Soup

21 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 10, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I totally would have stolen that BB if it were at my parent’s house too! Sounds delicious! …..Candy corn Oreos— ummmm, that is different. Hm. Wonder what they would be like- I haven’t had an Oreo in YEARS!!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Labor & Delivery Surprises

22 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 10, 2012 at 7:40 pm

I’ve been wanting to try that Chobani, but haven’t came across it at any stores near me. Let us know what you think.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday & Make-ahead Meatballs

23 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 10, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I haven’t seen those candy corn Oreos yet, but I’ll admit I’m intrigued!

I tried the banana/honey Chobani flip and loved it! I just bought the chocolate raspberry this week, but haven’t tried it yet!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Baked Potato Soup… Worth Another Mention

24 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 10, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Ack that Chobani flip sounds so good! Unfortunately, we don’t have those up here in Canada, but I’ll be down in the States in a few days so I’m going to keep my eyes open. You guys are so lucky down there! It takes forever for new and exciting products to make their way up here… you wouldn’t believe how long we had to go without Greek yogurt!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... dealing with insatiable appetite days .

25 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 10, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I steal items from my moms pantry all of the time so I don’t blame you! I’m not a candy corn fan (i know what?) but those oreos seem cool!
and that greek yogurt. OMG. I need to go to target asap
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Monday’s Eats-Fig Butter Overnight Oats

26 pat September 10, 2012 at 8:11 pm

THIEF, THIEF, THIEF…

27 Andrea @ Barbells and Buttercream September 10, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Ben and Jerry’s Greek Fro Yo. Try the Blueberry Vanilla Graham flavor. YUM! I also had the Raspberry Chocolate Chunk, but did not like it as well. I have yet to try the Banana Peanut Butter and Strawberry Shortcake. Can’t wait!
Andrea @ Barbells and Buttercream recently posted..Monday Mayhem

28 Colleen G September 10, 2012 at 8:23 pm

White chocolate peanut butter–WHO KNEW?? Where do I find such a thing?
As for the Chocolate Chunk Chiobanui, I have yet to find it.

29 Courtney September 11, 2012 at 9:29 am

It’s a local brand, but you can buy them online!

30 andrea September 10, 2012 at 8:25 pm

There is no chocolate chunk by me I look every week..now I can stalk this one too and hope that some day these new things come to my area.

31 crystal September 10, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Oh man I was hoping you would get the candy corn oreos and tell us how they were!

32 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat September 10, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I have never heard of white chocolate peanut butter, but now I will defiantly be on the lookk out for it :D

I finally tried COOKIE BUTTER, you can get it at Trader Joes!! Tastes amazing!! just like gingerbread cookies…
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..What a Turd Face of a Week

33 Courtney September 11, 2012 at 9:32 am

Ahhhh…I still need to do something with my Cookie Butter!

34 Lauren September 10, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I always steel food items from my parent’s pantry when I stop over. Always! :) Just last week I took a bottle of Thai Peanut Sauce and 3 cans of diced tomatoes. They have WAY too much food that they never eat too. :)

And I just had the Banana Honey flavor of the new Cho flip cups. It was delicious!
Lauren recently posted..A Day in the Life of the Self Employed

35 Regan September 10, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I agree…the candy corn M’M’s …. leave em at the checkout… not good

36 Emilie September 10, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Wow, we are only just getting normal chobani in Australia and you guys are getting cool flip thingies!

I don’t even know what Candy corn is! (you Americans making me so jealous)
Emilie recently posted..Monday Delights – Sick with Cuteness

37 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family September 10, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I have stolen many a jars of nut butter from my mom. Smae thing, she keeps buying it all, eats it for like a week, and lets it sit. Its either i eat it or the trash does!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..My “Baby” is 4!

38 Sarah B. September 10, 2012 at 10:22 pm

haha I totally stole a jar of peanut butter from my parent’s house yesterday! It was just regular ol’ pb though. I haven’t been getting too excited over the candy corn oreos, but the birthday cake ones? Those I must try!!
Sarah B. recently posted..Sunday Funday

39 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath September 10, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I love cinnamon bread like that with the icing–mmm! You will have to let us know how the new Chobani treats are! I saw them in the grocery store not too long ago :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday!

40 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 10, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I have not tried these yet, but I will soon! I’m sure they are awesome because anything Chobani is! ;-)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..U.S Open Recap #2

41 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 10, 2012 at 10:41 pm

That yogurt looks so good!

My mom went on a trip to the US over the weekend and apparently has some foodie finds for me – I’m curious to see what she picked me up!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Post Where I Talk About School.

42 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 10, 2012 at 11:01 pm

What?! You didn’t like the candy corn m&m’s?! I tried them for the first time tonight and I am hooked!! However, I am not a huge Oreo fan so I could probably do without those.

I had never heard of Blizzard Butter but it sure does sound good!!

As for Chobani, they just keep getting better and better!! Got to find some of that new stuff…STAT!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Today Makes Eight

43 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 10, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I’ve seen those Candy Corn Oreos all over social media lately but I don’t think I’ll be getting them. I like candy corn but can hardly stomach more than a few pieces at a time (I like it but I think it’s a bit too much sweet for me?-which is crazy by the way) so I’m not sure the oreos would be my thing. But if someone GAVE me one, I’d definitely try it! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Madness

44 Shannon September 10, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I didn’t know there was such a thing as Candy Corn Oreos! I wasn’t really a fan at all of the Birthday Oreos, so I don’t think I’m going to be adventurous and try some. I’m going to stick a bunch of post-it notes in Mom’s purse tomorrow so she gets the message to go to Target on her lunch break and buy me some candy corn for my lunches the remainder of the week.

45 michelle kim September 10, 2012 at 11:31 pm

These products aren’t new but the combination was just introduced to me recently: Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Wheat Thins with Laughing Cow Swiss wedge. OMG, so good!!!
michelle kim recently posted..Bikram Yoga, and Disordered Eating

46 Kelsey @ Crappy Kid Art September 10, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Those oreos should be illegal. Ugh!
Kelsey @ Crappy Kid Art recently posted..Tee Pee Glory

47 Khushboo September 11, 2012 at 12:57 am

I hate candy corn…can we still be friends? :)
Khushboo recently posted..Say what now?

48 Courtney September 11, 2012 at 9:33 am

I suppooooooose ;)

49 bethany September 11, 2012 at 5:15 am

I have yet to try the Chobani flip (although I’ll be keeping my eye out!) but I have had a similar product put out by Fage, which is my go to for greek yogurt. The Chobani seems to have more fun and innovative flavors though. Also, candy corn gets me all riled up for fall! SO excited!

50 Miz September 11, 2012 at 5:56 am

WAAAAH I LOVE THE CORN OF THE CANDY :-)
it’s that time already?!
Miz recently posted..Im going GONG HEALING.

51 Tina @ Best Body Fitness September 11, 2012 at 7:33 am

If I saw that sitting in my parents’ pantry for a year I would have taken it too. heck. I would have taken it the first time I saw it.

peter saw those oreos and thought he had to keep me from seeing them when we were at the store, but really they don’t appeal at all. He should have worried more about keeping me from the REAL thing. So much better. ;)
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..FIT BIT: Facing Temptation

52 Courtney September 11, 2012 at 9:34 am

Agreed…gimme the double stuffed! (especially the orange Halloween ones now!) ;)

53 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 11, 2012 at 7:49 am

The candy corn Oreos are amazing!!! They are so good. My husband is an Oreo fanatic and he even likes them! :) I bought him the Chobani flip and he really liked it. Now I want to try it.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Touched By An Angel…

54 Megan@funsizedfitness September 11, 2012 at 7:52 am

I just came across two new (well, new for me!) salad dressings that are SO good: Newman’s Own Lite Cranberry Walnut and Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard. They’re all natural, donate proceeds to charity, and are super tasty (win, win win!).
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Mail Surprises (You Can Get Them Too!!!)

55 Courtney September 11, 2012 at 8:06 am

Newman’s Own is one of my favorite brands! They also have a great lite balsamic too :)

56 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 11, 2012 at 11:16 am

Love the combo in that wrap, I have a zucchini at home just waiting to be roasted! Candy corn oreos sound gross to me…but if someone puts one in front of me, I’d probably try it! Haven’t seen that Chobani flip yet but now I’ll keep my eye out for it!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..15 Questions

57 Debbie (Accidently Delish) September 11, 2012 at 11:38 am

ah that blizzard butter looks amazing! i have never even seen or heard of it!

and i have yet to find those Chobani flips, I’m dying to try them! Let us know what you think!

Have a great week love <3

58 Brittany September 11, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Candy Corn Oreos!!! Seriously I am so jealous sometimes that we don’t get these fun food mix-ups in Canada! The Chobani Flips are amazing though, it is nice to be able to regulate how much sweetness you want to add to your yogurt.
Brittany recently posted..Weekend Recap

59 Becka @ simplybecka September 11, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I shall have to look for that yummy Chobani yogurt! Looks good. I love Chobani greek yogurt, one of my favs. Is it exciting if I found Turkey Jerky from Jack Links at my local Target awhile back. I am not a huge fan of beef jerky but the turkey is great for a little protein low fat pick me up in the afternoon. Have a great day. ^_^
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..new look for fall…

60 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets September 11, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Umm this post has me drooling. No fair! Hahah that candy corn oreo looks a littllllle nasty, but I’d be curious too ;)
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..09.09.12 weekend wrap + weekly planning

61 Laura September 11, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I am also quite intrigued by the new Oreos. I am obsessssssssed with candy corn, so am thinking I may love them!

I’m confused…why is that yogurt called ‘flipped’?

62 Bek @ Crave September 12, 2012 at 4:32 am

Chobani has finally found it’s way to stores near me in Australia and I’ve been eating it way too much! I love it!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Crossroads