Food Finds and Steals…Literally

I feel like today has been one of those days where everything I eat tastes amazing. Don’t you just love those days??

One major highlight from today, aside from breakfast, would be today’s lunch.

Last night while making dinner, I roasted a big batch of zucchini and yellow squash to have for during the week. Today, I incorporated it into a wrap along with a fresh sliced tomato, a couple slices of turkey bacon, onion, and feta cheese.

It was a bit different from my usual combos, but this thing was right up my alley.

Shortly after lunch, I had a ton of errands I had to take care of…one of which was stopping over at my parents’ house to drop some stuff off to them. While I was there, I happened to notice a beautiful loaf of raisin bread on the counter, so I grabbed a slice.

You can always count on there being good food at mom and dad’s house! Winking smile

Just take a look at all that icing…

Now that’s my kinda raisin bread.

While I was in the house, I also did a good bad thing and stole a jar of Blizzard Butter from the pantry. Sorry, mom…it was necessary.

Let me explain why…this jar of Blizzard Butter has been in their house for probably almost a year. A YEAR. That is just a travesty, and I could not watch the poor delicious jar of BB sit untouched any longer…so I saved it.

If any of you have ever had Blizzard Butter (aka, the best white chocolate peanut butter EVER) then you probably understand my silly need to talk like such a fool about saving it.

*****

Grocery shopping was also on the to-do list today, which included a quick stop to Target. While I was there, I happened to run across these…

Would you believe it? I first heard about the Candy Corn Oreos about a week ago and have been super curious about them ever since. I went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to try ‘em out, but ultimately I decided that I probably wouldn’t like them. I wasn’t really a fan of the candy corn m&m’s last year either, so I left them behind…

And decided to buy a bag of the real thing instead.

And so begins the candy corn consumption of the season. Bring. it. on.

One final new and exciting item I came across today? Chobani Flip!

I’m already in love with their vanilla chocolate chunk flavor, so I picked up a container to try.

I’m thinking that I may have to pop this into the freezer for a few minutes later for a yummy after-dinner treat. Has anyone else tried these out yet?

Alright…I think I’m done sharing all of my food finds and steals for today. Time to go reheat some soup and bread for dinnahhhh!

Question for the Evening:

Have you come across any new and/or exciting food finds lately?

Comments

I’m waiting for that Chobani to come down by me!! 😀 I’m not really an oreo fan, but I do like my candy corn :) (only a few pieces though haha they can make my stomach hurt after a while lol)

The coolest thing I found lately (that was new to me) was raspberry peanut butter– omgosh, it’s amazing!
    Rachel recently posted..MIMM #6: Weekend Adventures

I looked for those candy corn oreos at the store this weekend. They weren’t stocked at my local store (yet). I don’t think I”d buy them either though…I wouldn’t like them and my husband looked like he was about to vomit when I told him about them!
    Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Oh, First Grade!

3. Sam says

I love your blog post today! :)
    I just got candy corn M&Ms at CVS the other day. Over the summer I had creamsicle Oreos over the summer. I’m going to have to get my hands on the candy corn version!

4. Elizabeth says

There’s something like those Chobani Flips in Britain, called Corner Crunches – yogurt and then a topping of some kind. They’re delicious! Lots of fun too, the perfect dessert.

Ack that Chobani flip sounds so good! Unfortunately, we don’t have those up here in Canada, but I’ll be down in the States in a few days so I’m going to keep my eyes open. You guys are so lucky down there! It takes forever for new and exciting products to make their way up here… you wouldn’t believe how long we had to go without Greek yogurt!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... dealing with insatiable appetite days .

6. Colleen G says

White chocolate peanut butter–WHO KNEW?? Where do I find such a thing?
    As for the Chocolate Chunk Chiobanui, I have yet to find it.

7. andrea says

There is no chocolate chunk by me I look every week..now I can stalk this one too and hope that some day these new things come to my area.

I always steel food items from my parent’s pantry when I stop over. Always! :) Just last week I took a bottle of Thai Peanut Sauce and 3 cans of diced tomatoes. They have WAY too much food that they never eat too. :)

And I just had the Banana Honey flavor of the new Cho flip cups. It was delicious!
    Lauren recently posted..A Day in the Life of the Self Employed

haha I totally stole a jar of peanut butter from my parent’s house yesterday! It was just regular ol’ pb though. I haven’t been getting too excited over the candy corn oreos, but the birthday cake ones? Those I must try!!
    Sarah B. recently posted..Sunday Funday

What?! You didn’t like the candy corn m&m’s?! I tried them for the first time tonight and I am hooked!! However, I am not a huge Oreo fan so I could probably do without those.

I had never heard of Blizzard Butter but it sure does sound good!!

As for Chobani, they just keep getting better and better!! Got to find some of that new stuff…STAT!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Today Makes Eight

I’ve seen those Candy Corn Oreos all over social media lately but I don’t think I’ll be getting them. I like candy corn but can hardly stomach more than a few pieces at a time (I like it but I think it’s a bit too much sweet for me?-which is crazy by the way) so I’m not sure the oreos would be my thing. But if someone GAVE me one, I’d definitely try it! 😉
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Madness

12. Shannon says

I didn’t know there was such a thing as Candy Corn Oreos! I wasn’t really a fan at all of the Birthday Oreos, so I don’t think I’m going to be adventurous and try some. I’m going to stick a bunch of post-it notes in Mom’s purse tomorrow so she gets the message to go to Target on her lunch break and buy me some candy corn for my lunches the remainder of the week.

13. bethany says

I have yet to try the Chobani flip (although I’ll be keeping my eye out!) but I have had a similar product put out by Fage, which is my go to for greek yogurt. The Chobani seems to have more fun and innovative flavors though. Also, candy corn gets me all riled up for fall! SO excited!

If I saw that sitting in my parents’ pantry for a year I would have taken it too. heck. I would have taken it the first time I saw it.

peter saw those oreos and thought he had to keep me from seeing them when we were at the store, but really they don’t appeal at all. He should have worried more about keeping me from the REAL thing. So much better. 😉
    Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..FIT BIT: Facing Temptation

Love the combo in that wrap, I have a zucchini at home just waiting to be roasted! Candy corn oreos sound gross to me…but if someone puts one in front of me, I’d probably try it! Haven’t seen that Chobani flip yet but now I’ll keep my eye out for it!
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..15 Questions

Candy Corn Oreos!!! Seriously I am so jealous sometimes that we don’t get these fun food mix-ups in Canada! The Chobani Flips are amazing though, it is nice to be able to regulate how much sweetness you want to add to your yogurt.
    Brittany recently posted..Weekend Recap

I shall have to look for that yummy Chobani yogurt! Looks good. I love Chobani greek yogurt, one of my favs. Is it exciting if I found Turkey Jerky from Jack Links at my local Target awhile back. I am not a huge fan of beef jerky but the turkey is great for a little protein low fat pick me up in the afternoon. Have a great day. ^_^
    Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..new look for fall…

18. Laura says

I am also quite intrigued by the new Oreos. I am obsessssssssed with candy corn, so am thinking I may love them!

I’m confused…why is that yogurt called ‘flipped’?

Trackbacks