Brace Yourselves

by Courtney on September 11, 2012

I came across one of the best photos last night.

After dinner, Jay and I were spending some QT on the couch…errr, actually, it was more like I was watching TV while he was browsing through his favorite site. I happened to glance over at one point, which turned out to be perfect timing because this is what I saw…

source – via The Chive

This thing cracked. me. up. I feel like a majority of the blogging world (myself, 100% included) becomes a little crazy over pumpkin as soon as September hits. Would you agree? Winking smile

Either way, I had a feeling that a good majority of you (my husband included) would appreciate that little photo on this lovely Tuesday morning.

When it came to dinner last night, I stuck with my plan for leftovers.

More soup and more bread with honey butter.

Gosh that stuff is so good.

*****

Breakfast this morning was also pretty good.

b

Then again, you really can’t go wrong with waffles, can you?

One got some peanut butter + pumpkin, the other got some of yesterday’s steal of Blizzard Butter, and both got banana slices and chia seeds.

And, once again, I lied about not taking anymore waffle photos. I think I ought to retract that statement. Winking smile

*****

On a different note…

I feel like I can’t write up this morning’s post without acknowledging that eleven years ago today, our world changed. I remember watching the events unfold as I sat in my high school economics class. My heart goes out to all those who were affected by the tragic events of that dreadful day. We will never forget. 9/11/01

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat September 11, 2012 at 9:01 am

Breakfast looks yummy as always! Love the first photo – but I will never apologize for my love of pumpkin. ;)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Random Tuesday Things

2 Khushboo Thadani September 11, 2012 at 9:04 am

I still can’t believe 11 years have passed! I remember coming home after school and my brother telling me about it…I thought he was lying but then put on the news and couldn’t believe my eyes.
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Say what now?

3 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 11, 2012 at 9:05 am

haha that photo is ridiculous..its so true everyone gets pumpkin crazed as soon as september hits (myself included!)
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Monday’s Eats-Fig Butter Overnight Oats

4 Stef September 11, 2012 at 9:06 am

count me in as a blogger that is overly obsessed with pumpkin! that picture is awesome.
Stef recently posted..Fall Playlist

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 11, 2012 at 9:14 am

Haha! I love that photo! It’s so true! I get really excited as soon as September comes around because I know all of the fall scents and pumpkin flavors are coming out. It’s the best time of year :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Touched By An Angel…

6 Emily September 11, 2012 at 9:18 am

Where do you get your chia seeds? Is there a brand I should look for?
Emily recently posted..Post-Hike and Back in Training

7 Courtney September 11, 2012 at 9:28 am

I get mine from iHerb.com!
You can use my coupon code SAZ564 to get $5.00 off your first order, too!
I like Bob’s Red Mill, but really, any brand will work – I’ve gotten quite a few different ones and they’ve all been great :)

8 Emily September 11, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Thank you so much! I love coupons! :)
Emily recently posted..Post-Hike and Back in Training

9 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 11, 2012 at 9:26 am

Ha, I definitely bought a bunch of canned pumpkin at the grocery store this weekend. It’s September?! Bring on the pumpkin! lol
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Utilizing Leftovers: Spicy Taco Salad

10 Brittany September 11, 2012 at 9:34 am

I was expressing my excitement for pumpkin this weekend when my boyfriend reminded me I’ve been eating pumpkin protein pancakes all summer. LOL. I swear, it’s just better in the fall : )

And waffle pics can never get old!
Brittany recently posted..Day 2: Finally Fall and Lower Body Workout

11 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

Brace yourself for pumpkin season! (and the annoying fact that I’ll write pumpkin’g’ all the time!)
…..11 years. Wow- I pray for all those who have a hole in their hearts and lives left by the events from that day.
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Labor & Delivery Surprises

12 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

Lol oh that photo is perfect. I haven’t broken into the pumpkin yet myself, but I’m already seeing it floating all over the blog world and definitely “bracing” myself for the onslaught that’s to come.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... dealing with insatiable appetite days .

13 Candice September 11, 2012 at 9:37 am

Oh that picture is perfect for every blogger!! I just bought a can yesterday… I can’t decide what to make first!
Candice recently posted..Its Goal Time.

14 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit September 11, 2012 at 9:40 am

I am totally obsessed with Pumpkin everything at the moment — I’ve been baking pumpkin recipes left and right ;-)

Always Remember – Never Forgotten – 9/11/01
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Avocado (or mayonnaise) Chicken Salad

15 Janae @ Bring-Joy September 11, 2012 at 9:42 am

Yes, that thing about the pumpkin–it’s true.
Janae @ Bring-Joy recently posted..weekend camping + nature scavenger hunt

16 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie September 11, 2012 at 9:49 am

That picture made me laugh out loud! love it!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Wedding Weekend

17 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance September 11, 2012 at 9:52 am

Hehe love that pumpkin quote! That’s my life right now :)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Almond Encrusted Tilapia with Honey Lime Sauce

18 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife September 11, 2012 at 9:55 am

Love that photo! My husband always laughs at how obsessed I am with pumpkins! I made pumpkin soup last night but didn’t tell him there was pumpkin in it after he ate it. He loved it! & had no idea there was pumpkin in it lol.
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Spicy Pumpkin Vegetable Soup

19 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 11, 2012 at 10:00 am

haha….that’s great! I’m stocked up on pumpkin and ready start baking! Now I just need to buy a few pumpkin candles.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..I heart chia seeds

20 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 11, 2012 at 10:02 am

Yes, I agree….9/11, we will never forget!!!

Pumpkin. One word to describe how I feel about it. Obsessed!!!!

21 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 11, 2012 at 10:06 am

I love pumpkin and Game of Thrones….so this pretty much made me die laughing. :-D
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Wanna See Where I Live?

22 Yellow Haired Girl September 11, 2012 at 10:08 am

#pumpkincrazy I tried a pumpkin CHAI latte yesterday and it changed my life.
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Listening

23 Rachel September 11, 2012 at 10:23 am

haha love that picture… I need to start making waffles.. it’s getting too cold for yogurt!
Rachel recently posted..Powerful Videos

24 Kristin September 11, 2012 at 10:32 am

I feel like apple-flavored anything has been totally overshadowed by pumpkin! Doesn’t apple season come first for September followed by pumpkin in October/November? I am writing this comment as a sip a pumpin latte. ah well, i tried :)

25 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 11, 2012 at 10:52 am

Um, I think I need that Blizzard peanut butter in my life. Is there a way to order it online?!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Week 10: Double Digits!

26 Courtney September 11, 2012 at 10:57 am
27 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 11, 2012 at 11:10 am

I LOVE pumpkin!! That is so funny! Now I am in th emood for some pumpkin!!! Yummy!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Peanut Butter and Peppers Birthday

28 Megan@funsizedfitness September 11, 2012 at 11:29 am

I started making pumpkin pancakes in August!!!!!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Oatmeal Lovin’

29 Katie September 11, 2012 at 12:09 pm

So. Pumped. For all the pumpkin flavored everything. The picture is so funny and true.
Katie recently posted..Creepy for CrossFit

30 Kati Mora, MS, RD, Kellogg's FiberPlus(R) Wellness Advocate September 11, 2012 at 12:30 pm

You definitely can’t go wrong with waffles – especially when they are topped off with bananas – or maybe pumpkin? Or how about pumpkin spice? That might actually be a great way to make my Kellogg’s Eggo FiberPlus waffles a little more seasonal. Bring on the pumpkin! ;)

31 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna September 11, 2012 at 12:46 pm

haha that pumpkin photo cracks me up! it’s so true! the only pumpkin thing i’ve had yet is a pumpkin spice latte – but that’s because it doesn’t quite feel like fall yet for me. i haven’t started school yet (2 weeks! ahh!!) and it’s still really warm in california. but as soon as october hits i’m sure i will be craving pumpkin oats and pumpkin bread!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Bangs! {& Homemade ‘Vitality’ Bowl Recipe}

32 michelle kim September 11, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Love the picture (because I love pumpkin-flavored anything)!
michelle kim recently posted..Bikram Yoga, and Disordered Eating

33 kristin September 11, 2012 at 12:57 pm

what a great picture -I am also part of the pumpkin crave – everywhere I look i see pumpkin – coffee, pie, cream cheese(which i would love to try), etc….

We Will Never Forget 9/11/01

34 Annette@FitnessPerks September 11, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Bahah. That is hilarious. Yes, brace ourselves for pumpkin mania!

I will never forget 9/11. Ever.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..White Flour & White Sugar

35 Becka @ simplybecka September 11, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Who doesn’t love pumpkin everything. Yummy. I can’t wait to go get one of my favorite pumpkin maple frosting cookies at my favorite store this weekend. Bring on the pumpkin.

Never forget.
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..new look for fall…

36 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 11, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Its so funny how much you eat waffles, no one has them in Ireland, I think there is only one brand you can buy and waffle makers are few and far between! Do you make your own much? You should post a recipe, I wouldn’t know were to start!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Raw Noodles

37 Courtney September 11, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Hahaha, I was just thinking the same thing about my waffle consumption. I don’t make my own very often…if I’m making something from scratch, it’s usually good ‘ol pancakes :)

38 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets September 11, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Hahah love that picture! It’s so true. I even made the mistake of making pumpkin martinis – trust me, they’re awful!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..09.09.12 weekend wrap + weekly planning

39 Lisa September 11, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Ha ha. I always feel bad for posting multiple pictures of my same breakfasts, but oh well…yah the pumpkin obsession is insane. My mom rolled her eyes at me when she saw me breaking out the can. I can’t help it, I just love it so.
Lisa recently posted..Pumpkin Protein Cookie

40 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 11, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I am totally pumpkin obsessed!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Baked Potato Soup… Worth Another Mention

41 Brandi September 11, 2012 at 4:41 pm

That picture is hilarious! :) And very true. I already want to start baking with pumpkin and just baking in general

42 Anna S. September 11, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I would be most excited to try the peach flavor!

43 Anna S. September 11, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Whoops! Wrote this on the wrong post, sorry!!

44 Bek @ Crave September 12, 2012 at 4:35 am

I love how your bread looks like cake mmmm!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Crossroads