Brace Yourselves

I came across one of the best photos last night.

After dinner, Jay and I were spending some QT on the couch…errr, actually, it was more like I was watching TV while he was browsing through his favorite site. I happened to glance over at one point, which turned out to be perfect timing because this is what I saw…

source – via The Chive

This thing cracked. me. up. I feel like a majority of the blogging world (myself, 100% included) becomes a little crazy over pumpkin as soon as September hits. Would you agree? Winking smile

Either way, I had a feeling that a good majority of you (my husband included) would appreciate that little photo on this lovely Tuesday morning.

When it came to dinner last night, I stuck with my plan for leftovers.

More soup and more bread with honey butter.

Gosh that stuff is so good.

*****

Breakfast this morning was also pretty good.

b

Then again, you really can’t go wrong with waffles, can you?

One got some peanut butter + pumpkin, the other got some of yesterday’s steal of Blizzard Butter, and both got banana slices and chia seeds.

And, once again, I lied about not taking anymore waffle photos. I think I ought to retract that statement. Winking smile

*****

On a different note…

I feel like I can’t write up this morning’s post without acknowledging that eleven years ago today, our world changed. I remember watching the events unfold as I sat in my high school economics class. My heart goes out to all those who were affected by the tragic events of that dreadful day. We will never forget. 9/11/01

Comments

I feel like apple-flavored anything has been totally overshadowed by pumpkin! Doesn’t apple season come first for September followed by pumpkin in October/November? I am writing this comment as a sip a pumpin latte. ah well, i tried :)

haha that pumpkin photo cracks me up! it’s so true! the only pumpkin thing i’ve had yet is a pumpkin spice latte – but that’s because it doesn’t quite feel like fall yet for me. i haven’t started school yet (2 weeks! ahh!!) and it’s still really warm in california. but as soon as october hits i’m sure i will be craving pumpkin oats and pumpkin bread!
    Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Bangs! {& Homemade ‘Vitality’ Bowl Recipe}

3. kristin says

what a great picture -I am also part of the pumpkin crave – everywhere I look i see pumpkin – coffee, pie, cream cheese(which i would love to try), etc….

We Will Never Forget 9/11/01

Its so funny how much you eat waffles, no one has them in Ireland, I think there is only one brand you can buy and waffle makers are few and far between! Do you make your own much? You should post a recipe, I wouldn’t know were to start!
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Raw Noodles

• Courtney says

Hahaha, I was just thinking the same thing about my waffle consumption. I don’t make my own very often…if I’m making something from scratch, it’s usually good ‘ol pancakes :)

Ha ha. I always feel bad for posting multiple pictures of my same breakfasts, but oh well…yah the pumpkin obsession is insane. My mom rolled her eyes at me when she saw me breaking out the can. I can’t help it, I just love it so.
    Lisa recently posted..Pumpkin Protein Cookie