I Love An Excuse To Bake

The creeper was at it again last night.

Shortly before dinner last night, I was going to walk up the hallway into the office when I happened to turn around and spot him…hiding behind couch.

Ok, I guess technically he wasn’t hiding. But I just was so not expecting him to be there and his positioning behind the couch completely struck me funny.

Stretch it out, bud!

He’s such a little ham. Winking smile

As for dinner last night, nothin’ too fancy schmancy.

Jay and I finally finished up the last of my Veggies & Noodles Soup, he paired his with a grilled ham and cheese, and I paired mine with a bowl of vegetables and barley.

It was actually a casserole that I was trying out for a freelance piece, so I figured I’d kill two birds with one stone and have some for dinner. It’s wicked good.

The two (three, if ya count creeper) of us spent the rest of the evening being TV junkies, since the weather was too crappy to be outside for anything, watching The Voice and The New Normal. Loving those shows!

*****

This morning, I was up nice and early to tackle a kitchen project that I decided on last night. But first, I made myself a little yogurt bowl to get me movin’.

Pineapple Chobani, pineapple chunks, and granola, which was enjoyed while these beauties baked away in the oven.

So why the heck would I make a whole tray of cinnamon buns on a random Wednesday morning? Well…

Jay and I were talking last night about how we’re most likely going to need to replace the roof on our house sometime next year…it juuust so happens that the company doing our siding also does roofs.

Coincidence? Bribery? Call it what you wish, my friends, but there is a method to my madness.

Feed the workers yummy baked goods, THEN ask for a quote on a new roof. Muahahaha.

Honestly, I highly doubt it will work, but it’s worth a shot. Winking smile

Either way, I do still love an excuse to bake for someone, and since they’re all working so hard, I figured a big ‘ol batch of fresh cinnamon rolls right out of the oven would be a nice treat for them this morning. I can actually still remember my mom baking fresh cinnamon streusel bread for guys who came to work at our house a few times growing up. I guess maybe I get that trait/habit from her? It’s a good one to have – I’ll take it proudly!

So I used Kristin’s recipe for No Yeast Required Cinnamon Rolls, which has been burning a hole in my recipe binder for well over a year now. Hey, better late than never, right? They were actually surprisingly easy to make and AMAZINGLY delicious.

What? You didn’t think I’d bake them without having any for myself, did you?

I plated almost all of the cinnamon rolls nicely on a plate for the guys and left a few extra for me and Jay.

Well, maybe for Jay…depends on how much restraint I can use throughout the day. Winking smile

Questions for the Morning:

What traits and/or habits would you say that you’ve picked up from your parents?

Do you have favorite cinnamon roll (or recipe for one)? <—I’ll always love Cinnamon, but I’m very thankful there is no longer one near me.

If you were to bake something for someone, what would it be?

Comments

Those look AMAZING! I have actually never tried to bake cinnamon rolls from scratch. I may try those ones though because I am always intimidated by yeast! (that sounds silly, I know)
    I have picked up a ton of stuff from my parents. My wine drinking habits I blame on them ;) and my cooking definitely came fro them (my dad is a chef and my mom is a pastry chef/baker)
    If I were to bake something for someone right now it would be this apple bread I am dying to try!

I am my dad made over! It’s so weird, but the older I get the more alike we are. I definitely get my sarcasm and just a touch of OCD from him. He’s way worse in the OCD department, but he says that’s come with age so I guess I have something to look forward too ;)

I love The Pioneer Woman’s cinnamon rolls. I’ve made so many friends since I started making them! Here’s the link
    Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..The Mountains Are Calling….

That’s so nice of you! And those look incredible. If I were working on your roof, I’d give you a fair quote. ;-)
    My mom used to make the Pilsbury cinnamon rolls years ago. I need to try my hand at making a homemade batch! I love any excuse to bake, too. I just make sure that my two garbage disposals for brothers are around when I do it.
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Fall Into Fall

So, everytime I see a photo of your living room I always want to say “Hey, that’s my jar!” I have that exact same aqua/turquoise jar and LOVE it. Random, I know.
    LOVE everything cinnamon, especially cinnamon rolls…if only I could come up with a healthy version. I can NEVER stop at just one.
    Katie @wishandwhimsy recently posted..Choose Your Day | WIAW

I WISH I picked up my moms cooking skills, she is AMAZING, but I somehow didn’t gain that from my mom. :(

Those cinnamon buns look to die for though, those are my favorite breakfast “treat” although I have to be careful when I make them, become somehow the entire batch disappears…
    Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Back Handspring Attempt

Those look SO yummy! What a great idea :) The tradition in our house is to make cinnamon buns for christmas morning breakfast before we head over to my parent’s house! I’ve had an urge to bake this last week – must be the cooler weather! I have a craving for chocolate chunk cookies!
    Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat recently posted..True Confessions…

Holy cow those cinnamon rolls look amazing! Cats do the craziest things! My two are always doing something funny and I it cracks me up when they do it.
    My dad can’t just set down and not do anything. I remember growing up that he was always busy and doing something. I have totally picked that up from him! I can’t set still, I have to be doing something. This can be exhausting sometimes…:)
    Brandi recently posted..Treadmill has a new home. Mine!

Oh wow those look fantastic… lucky workers! I’ve never tried making my own cinnamon buns, but I just -love- the ones made my Cob’s Bakery. Baking for others is an awesome habit to have picked up from your mom. My mom is a worrywart and I think I inherited that from, but she’s also pretty darned good in the kitchen, which is something that’s definitely starting to rub off on me as well. I love baking for others and seeing them enjoy it… Chocolate chip cookies are usually my first choice, with banana bread coming in at a close second.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... it’s good to be home .

9. Courtney says

If I were to bake something it would be the apple crisp I’ll be making after work tonight. Last night the boys were saying how they were craving it…ask and you shall receive!!

When I started reading blogs last year, I first became a fan of Angela over at “Oh She Glows,” and she had a recipe for pumpkin cinnamon rolls that I tried and loved. It’s fall. I should make them again. Yummy!

I actually mix the dough in my bread machine instead of doing it myself. I’m lazy that way. XD

What lucky roofers to show up at your house!?!? Those cinnamon rolls look amazing! I often back cookies for others….there easy to store and tote around and who doesn’t like cookies? Good luck on your quote. I hope the rolls work their magic.
    Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..WIAW Paleo Style

Oh gosh those look good!!! I love to bake for any and all occasions too:) Cinnabon is too addicting…when I worked at the mall I would simply eat outside the Cinnabon shop so I could get a whif!! Mmmmm

Courtney- I think you may be trying to make me fat ;-), lol!! Cinnamon rolls are my FAVORITE baked good and with no yeast required I am going to be in some serious trouble!!!!

When I bake for others, I tend to stick to chocolate chip cookies. I guess because most everyone loves them and you have to try pretty hard to screw them up!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..WIAW #14 + Practicing Patience

14. Shannon says

I’m not sure if I’ve picked up anything from my parents yet. Time will tell!

I don’t really like cinnamon rolls. Less cinnamon, the better it tastes, in my opinion.

If I were to bake something for someone, I’d either bake brownies or cupcakes. I’m pretty much known as the Cupcake Girl at school. I’m infamous for my cupcakes.

Hahaha, Cody reminds me so much of my puppy! He literally poses for me and loves wearing clothes. Weird animals, right? Those cinnamon rolls look so good! Growing up, my sister and I used to love when my mom would bring home Cinnabons as a special treat! It’s been a while since I had one though, but I do love cinnamon roll froyo! ;)

You’d be surprised how convincing some good cinnamon rolls can be. :-)

I love baking for people! I don’t do it too often (because if I had it my way I’d be baking a few times a week, and I don’t need extras hanging around my house all the time) but whenever there’s a birthday or an event, I am all over that. :-)
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW # 2

First off I want to say excellent blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I’ve had a difficult
    time clearing my mind in getting my ideas out. I truly do take pleasure
    in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted just trying to figure out
    how to begin. Any suggestions or tips? Cheers!
    glutenfreeblondie.com recently posted..glutenfreeblondie.com

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button!
    I’d without a doubt donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google
    account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!