Good News, Bad News

Good News: I’ve got all four dozen of my cupcakes baked already. Two dozen of these, one dozen of these, and one dozen of these.

Bad News: I’ve only got one dozen of them frosted and I can already tell that I’m going to run out of confectioners’ sugar. I swear…I cannot get through a recipe without missing or running out of something.

Good News: Jay sent me a message earlier today telling me about how there’s a free cat adoption this weekend nearby(!!!).

cats

Bad News: He then proceeded to tell me that he didn’t think it’d be a good idea for us to go and get one. On some level, I do agree with him, but seriously? Such a tease. Then again, I wonder how Cody would feel about it?

Good News: I got my second round of breakfast at lunch time today.

Cereal was sounding SO good by the time noon rolled around today so I just went with it. Paired with lots of fresh blueberries and raspberries? Heaven.

Bad News: I’ve had a killer headache all afternoon and still can’t tell if I am, in fact, getting a cold. It’s that whole “weird feeling” toward the back of my throat thing, that tends to happen right before a cold sets in. Keeping my fingers crossed that it’s just a fluke!

Good News: I’ve got last night’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy on DVR and have every intention of laying down to watch it as soon as I finish up my last training plan for today. Ohhhh yeeeeeahhh.

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s your good news/bad news today?

Comments

1. Megan says

Those cupcakes look delicious!

I think Cody would do well with another cat; male cats usually handle new “friends” much better than female cats, I think you should go for it ;]

You’re going to love that episode of Grey’s; so intense and so unexpected :D

Enjoy!

2. Shelby Heffernan says

Courtney! Have you ever thought about opening up your own bakery? You seem to have a good amount of customers to keep you busy and I am sure that you could come up with some awesome recipes! Have a great weekend!

• Courtney says

I have, actually! But ultimately, I don’t want to lose the “fun” aspect of it, which i think could happen. I’m very content doing them on the side whenever someone asks :)

Hate when I run out of a needed ingredient while I’m in the process of baking or cooking. It’s seriously such a fail!!

I’m sorry about your headache girl. I sure hope it goes away soon.

Good news: That my day is about over, and i’m that much closer to enjoying another chocolate cherry protein smoothie for breakfast. Ha Ha :)
    Jessie recently posted..Let’s Talk About #2

4. Nicole says

Good news: It’s the weekend!!

Bad news: Looks like it’s going to be rainy…but maybe that will turn into good news if I can lounge around and be lazy all weekend? :)

Have a great weekend, Courtney!

If Cody’s always been on his own, he could go either way, really. But I’ve read in a few places that if you have an older male cat, it’s best to introduce a female as two males could (possibly) struggle for dominance.

My Bad News for today: about a million things just got “prioritized” at work and there just aren’t enough hours in the day!

Good news: I’m getting my hair cut in an hour AND we’re heading out tonight to shop for stuff our new condo!!
    Amanda B. recently posted..The one where we buy a home

Oh girl I feel ya. I’m down for the count. I’ve been fighting a sickness for days and it finally hit me full blown today. :( Hope you and I feel better soon!

Awww – go for the adoption! The shelters are so over packed right now. And once you’ve already committed to one cat, a second one really isn’t all that much more work. We adopted our first cat in October & we ended up getting her a friend in February. My boyfriend & I both work all day & she would easily be home alone for 10 – 12 hours a day. She did A LOT of chewing when she was younger, too – like everything. Wires (scary), boxes, shoes, you name it. After we brought her sister home, the chewing stopped! I know it sounds like we adopted a second cat just for her, but we truly adopted her for us, too, and we love them both! I hope the hubby changes his mind, there’s so many pets who need a loving home! Cody will probably dislike it for a week or two, but I’m guessing they’ll warm up to each other :)
    Jillian recently posted..I did it!

8. Lisa says

Good news… um, I got a manicure?
    Bad news… um my weekend is going to be crazy and jam packed. No fun.
    I’ve been nursing a cold since last Sat. I thought it was allergies, but now I know it’s a cold. Only meds. we had were Claritan (didn’t help) and my let me get you something since you’re working got me a generic kind for sinus pressure. Not what I wanted or needed. Will be hitting CVS later to get the right kind.
    Enjoy your weekend!

9. Shannon says

Good News: It’s Friday! The weekend’s finally here.
    Bad News: This weekend was the weekend that my teachers wanted to give me a bunch of homework. Boo. :(