Good News, Bad News

by Courtney on September 28, 2012

Good News: I’ve got all four dozen of my cupcakes baked already. Two dozen of these, one dozen of these, and one dozen of these.

Bad News: I’ve only got one dozen of them frosted and I can already tell that I’m going to run out of confectioners’ sugar. I swear…I cannot get through a recipe without missing or running out of something.

Good News: Jay sent me a message earlier today telling me about how there’s a free cat adoption this weekend nearby(!!!).

cats

Bad News: He then proceeded to tell me that he didn’t think it’d be a good idea for us to go and get one. On some level, I do agree with him, but seriously? Such a tease. Then again, I wonder how Cody would feel about it?

Good News: I got my second round of breakfast at lunch time today.

Cereal was sounding SO good by the time noon rolled around today so I just went with it. Paired with lots of fresh blueberries and raspberries? Heaven.

Bad News: I’ve had a killer headache all afternoon and still can’t tell if I am, in fact, getting a cold. It’s that whole “weird feeling” toward the back of my throat thing, that tends to happen right before a cold sets in. Keeping my fingers crossed that it’s just a fluke!

Good News: I’ve got last night’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy on DVR and have every intention of laying down to watch it as soon as I finish up my last training plan for today. Ohhhh yeeeeeahhh.

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s your good news/bad news today?

1 Brigitt September 28, 2012 at 3:04 pm

ahh Grey’s is totally on my agenda as soon as I get off of work! I heard it wasn’t that great though… =(
Brigitt recently posted..Maple Roasted Cabbage With Apples and Bacon

2 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 28, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Put a clove of garlic in the side of your mouth (peeled) for 20-30 minutes…) it help kill whatever it is off before it gets worse!!! Goodness…I had quite a productive day…Bad news…I did way to much impulse shopping online and spent a fortune!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Finally making it into a dish

3 Courtney September 28, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Oh my gosh, really?!? I don’t think Jay would come near me for days!

4 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 28, 2012 at 3:10 pm

A hot whiskey might be a good alternative :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Finally making it into a dish

5 Courtney September 28, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Hmm…I think I’d rather go for the garlic LOL
I can’t staaaaand whiskey!

6 Shana September 28, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I don’t normally go for gimmick-y products but I had really good luck with emergen-c a few weeks ago. Sometimes its just allergies that bothers my throat too. Either way, load up on that vitamin C!!!!
Shana recently posted..An Apple A Day

7 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 29, 2012 at 3:16 am

I know, so strong! Though some people have a way of mixing it up with sugar or honey and lemon with hot water that makes it almost drinkable!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Finally making it into a dish

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 28, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I watched Grey’s last night and it was interesting. I’m not really sure I’m liking the direction it’s going. I hope it gets better! Next week’s episode looks like it’s going to be good.

Those cupcakes look so good!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..End Of September Favorites!…

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 28, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Bad News: I’m doing laundry, including my sheets and I hate making my bed and now I have to do it before I can sleep tonight.

Good News: I’ll have clean sheets and clothes. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Achievements!

10 Megan September 28, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Those cupcakes look delicious!

I think Cody would do well with another cat; male cats usually handle new “friends” much better than female cats, I think you should go for it ;]

You’re going to love that episode of Grey’s; so intense and so unexpected :D

Enjoy!

11 Shelby Heffernan September 28, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Courtney! Have you ever thought about opening up your own bakery? You seem to have a good amount of customers to keep you busy and I am sure that you could come up with some awesome recipes! Have a great weekend!

12 Courtney September 28, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I have, actually! But ultimately, I don’t want to lose the “fun” aspect of it, which i think could happen. I’m very content doing them on the side whenever someone asks :)

13 Shelby Heffernan September 28, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Totally understandable! I love baking also so I see where you are coming from!

14 Jessie September 28, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Hate when I run out of a needed ingredient while I’m in the process of baking or cooking. It’s seriously such a fail!!

I’m sorry about your headache girl. I sure hope it goes away soon.

Good news: That my day is about over, and i’m that much closer to enjoying another chocolate cherry protein smoothie for breakfast. Ha Ha :)
Jessie recently posted..Let’s Talk About #2

15 Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl September 28, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I got that weird feeling today, too. Let’s hope its not true for both of us!
Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl recently posted..Hotel Transylvania: Healthy Movie Snacks

16 Lisa September 28, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I have the same weird throat, headache thing today. I’m thinking it must be the change in season? Hopefully! I’m so excited to watch Grey’s, I’m planning on sitting down on the couch in a few hours now! The season finale left me on edge!
Lisa recently posted..Pumpkin Tea + Cream Cheese Muffins

17 Nicole September 28, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Good news: It’s the weekend!!

Bad news: Looks like it’s going to be rainy…but maybe that will turn into good news if I can lounge around and be lazy all weekend? :)

Have a great weekend, Courtney!

18 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 28, 2012 at 3:34 pm

My good news/bad news for you is that Grey’s was awesome, but you better have tissues.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Where Nature May Heal and Cheer…

19 Khushboo September 28, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Good news, it’s the weekend! Bad news, I’m down with the flu :(
Khushboo recently posted..Best of the best

20 Megan@funsizedfitness September 28, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Bad News: My cat chewed through two rolls of toilet paper today
Good News: The frozen yogurt shop near our house released their pumpkin pie flavor today – YUM!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Free Lunch Friday!

21 Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp September 28, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I’ve got that whole throat thing going on too! I really thought I missed this round, but it would appear the stinking cold is about to get me. Good news is my mom shipped Lou Malnati’s spinach pizza to me for my bday and its waiting at home for me!
Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..Fiesta Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas

22 Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp September 28, 2012 at 3:47 pm

*it’s – - yeesh, apparently I’m too used to autotext adding apostrophes for me.
Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..Fiesta Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas

23 Annie September 28, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Grey’s Anatomy was… weird. Totally not was I was expecting, but you’ll see for yourself.

24 Rachel September 28, 2012 at 3:54 pm

aww you should get Cody a friend! We weren’t sure how my cat Jack would be with our other cat Mimi, but he LOVED her right away :D they’re boyfriend/girlfriend ;)
Rachel recently posted..Hug a Vegetarian Day!

25 Amanda B. September 28, 2012 at 4:10 pm

If Cody’s always been on his own, he could go either way, really. But I’ve read in a few places that if you have an older male cat, it’s best to introduce a female as two males could (possibly) struggle for dominance.

My Bad News for today: about a million things just got “prioritized” at work and there just aren’t enough hours in the day!

Good news: I’m getting my hair cut in an hour AND we’re heading out tonight to shop for stuff our new condo!!
Amanda B. recently posted..The one where we buy a home

26 Jen N. September 28, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Amanda is right, a female would be better. :)

27 Shari September 28, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Grey’s was just … depressing. My heart was breaking for the characters!
Shari recently posted..Judging a Book.

28 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 28, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Hope you’re not getting sick. I will be snuggling up watching Grey’s tonight too. Enjoy!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..paleo pumpkin muffins

29 Lauren September 28, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Oh girl I feel ya. I’m down for the count. I’ve been fighting a sickness for days and it finally hit me full blown today. :( Hope you and I feel better soon!

30 Jillian September 28, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Awww – go for the adoption! The shelters are so over packed right now. And once you’ve already committed to one cat, a second one really isn’t all that much more work. We adopted our first cat in October & we ended up getting her a friend in February. My boyfriend & I both work all day & she would easily be home alone for 10 – 12 hours a day. She did A LOT of chewing when she was younger, too – like everything. Wires (scary), boxes, shoes, you name it. After we brought her sister home, the chewing stopped! I know it sounds like we adopted a second cat just for her, but we truly adopted her for us, too, and we love them both! I hope the hubby changes his mind, there’s so many pets who need a loving home! Cody will probably dislike it for a week or two, but I’m guessing they’ll warm up to each other :)
Jillian recently posted..I did it!

31 Angela @ Health's Angel September 28, 2012 at 4:41 pm

If I lived near you…I would definitely order some cupcakes from you on a regular basis :) they look incredible!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Vitamin A, The Delicious Way (Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies)

32 Lisa September 28, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Good news… um, I got a manicure?
Bad news… um my weekend is going to be crazy and jam packed. No fun.
I’ve been nursing a cold since last Sat. I thought it was allergies, but now I know it’s a cold. Only meds. we had were Claritan (didn’t help) and my let me get you something since you’re working got me a generic kind for sinus pressure. Not what I wanted or needed. Will be hitting CVS later to get the right kind.
Enjoy your weekend!

33 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Good news: It’s Friday! And I finally got to tell all of my co-workers this week that I’m expecting!! :)

Bad news: I’m feeling nauseous and have acid reflux. So hot! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you …

34 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Aww girl, hope you feel better soon. I’ve been borderline fighting something off for like a week and a half now, but I’m finally starting to feel better. Stock up on the vitamin C and rest!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... three meal thursday .

35 Ashlee@ His-n-Hers September 28, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Good news for everyone…ITS FRIDAY! Yipee!
Ashlee@ His-n-Hers recently posted..living in a dog’s ‘hood

36 Cait September 28, 2012 at 5:33 pm

you should look at the cats. the poor kitties all need homes!!
good luck with your cakes!

37 Shannon September 28, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Good News: It’s Friday! The weekend’s finally here.
Bad News: This weekend was the weekend that my teachers wanted to give me a bunch of homework. Boo. :(

38 Kim @ The Family Practice September 28, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I love the decorative pumpkins you have in your window. They just make your breakfast/lunch look that much more lovely :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Know Your Line Up! The First Family Practice Cookbook

39 Beks September 28, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Good news: My kitty, who usually favors my dad, is cuddling with me. So nice.

Bad news: My boss got fired today. So weird to think about.

40 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 28, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I hate that feeling! Hope you feel better soon!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Friday Things

41 Elizabeth September 28, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Your bad news will be Greys anatomy once you’ve watched it … very sad. Keep some tissues ready! :(

42 Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine September 28, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Grey’s is the ONLY thing that makes me cry on a regular basis. just terrible
Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine recently posted..It’s Mexican Fajita night!

43 Nicole @ simply Nicole September 29, 2012 at 7:19 am

good news: i have my long run today of 8 miles,
bad news: i have to wait until after work to get them done.

44 Bek @ Crave September 30, 2012 at 1:06 am

Oh my what a day you’ve had. I still standby what I said- start a blooming cupcake business!

45 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 30, 2012 at 8:35 am

A cold coming on, huh? I’m sorry to hear that. Although I want you to email me right now.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday