Yoga Challenge, Week 1 Recap

by Courtney on October 8, 2012

Good morning. My name is Courtney, and I’m addicted to carbs. Especially when they’re in the form of homemade pizza and bagels.

For the past two days, it’s been a bagel kinda morning, thanks to these. I just can’t help it. They’re SO good. And sometimes, a big, puffy, chewy (geez, here I go again with the adjectives) bagel is just necessary. Am I right? None of those thin things, thank you very much.

This morning’s bagel was toasted, one half topped with pumpkin + peanut butter + banana slices, the other half topped with peanut butter + pumpkin butter.

I would have gone all bananas (haha, that’s funny), but that whole lazy Sunday thing meant no grocery shopping, so I had to work with the only remaining half of a banana leftover from yesterday.

Hey, better than nothing, right?

*****

Alright, moving along. Let’s get to the good stuff…

October Yoga Challenge – Week 1 Recap

The first week of the October Yoga Challenge is over! How ‘bout that? I can’t wait to hear how you’re all doing on your own challenges so far – hopefully you’re all kicking some major yoga butt. First, let me give ya the low down on my stuff…

My Challenge: Do 3 yoga sessions for the week

Actual: 3 yoga sessions COMPLETE!

• 10lb Slimdown Yoga DVD (20 minutes)
      • Jillian Michaels’ Yoga Meltdown (30 minutes)
      • 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme Yoga DVD (40 minutes)

So far, so good! All of my sessions have taken place at home, since I haven’t had a chance to really check out the calendar for the yoga studio I just bought my Groupon for. That’s okay though, because I really do enjoy practicing in the privacy of my own living room.

It’s definitely still apparent that I have not been doing yoga consistently lately, since most of my sessions this past week have been somewhat of a challenge. But that’s okay – I’m just taking that as a goal to work towards.

Besides, if all of my at-home DVD’s were a walk in the park, then what would be the fun in that? That’s why it’s called a challenge. Winking smile

And I’m ready to keep it going this week! What about you guys?

Now let’s see how all of you have been doing on those challenges! Feel free to link up your week 1 recaps below – and then let’s go ahead and cheer everybody on!

10.
11.
12.
13.

( Collection closed )
Link tool by Inlinkz

1 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } October 8, 2012 at 8:40 am

I haven’t tried that JM DVD before but I have like a dozen of hers that I love so I should get around to ordering it off Amazon soon!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Weekend “Vacation” in Destin

2 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life October 8, 2012 at 8:40 am

Although I didn’t do much yoga this week, it was great progress for me! I split up a 40-minute Bethenny Frankel yoga dvd into two 20-minute segments. I performed one on Tuesday and then finished the second on Thursday. I would definitely say completing 40 minutes of yoga was pretty good for me! :)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..One Year Ago Today

3 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 8, 2012 at 8:50 am

Great job with the yoga. I have been doing a Yoga Journal challenge, and so far, so good!

Speaking of good – those are my kind of bagel toppings! Yum.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Fall Football Fun

4 Kim @ The Family Practice October 8, 2012 at 8:56 am

I like doing yoga at home but there is something about having an instructor walk you through each pose and being in the atmosphere of a class that I just love. Where we live there aren’t many places to go do a yoga class. I practice at home frequently but I soooo miss having a good place to go
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Banana Split Smoothie

5 Becka @ simplybecka October 8, 2012 at 9:10 am

I did it, I got in 3 sessions of Yoga this week myself. I am focusing on a lower body yoga routine and boy do I feel it. Not too hard but yes a challenge for me. I am just happy I was able to get 3 sessions in. I do intend to keep the challenge going this week too! Week 2 here I come. I really enjoy the slow pace of yoga, helps me focus and relax. Have a great week everyone! ^_^
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..keep putting forth the effort…

6 Elaine October 8, 2012 at 9:14 am

Those bagels look amazing! Adding to my grocery list :)
Elaine recently posted..Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli

7 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 8, 2012 at 9:21 am

Oh yes, I love my carbs too, particularly in the form of a big puffy bagel. ;) I need to stock up on some of these pumpkin spice goodies soon so I can get my fill before they leave the stores!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Recipes You Must Try

8 Marielle October 8, 2012 at 9:53 am

Ha- I think we would be friends. I’m also addicted to carbs…..I’m on vacation in Italy right now and have eaten pizza almost everyday and it never gets old! :)
Marielle recently posted..…..And I’m Off…..

9 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 8, 2012 at 10:05 am

I loved the challenge this week! All of my sessions came in the form of Jillian’s DVD. I really enjoyed it
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Yogi-in-Training

10 char eats greens October 8, 2012 at 10:12 am

I REALLY (like really) need to do this because I’m 34 weeks pregnant and said I would practice prenatal yoga during pregnancy. Ugh, I’m kinda running out of time! haha

Glad you stuck to your plan. And PS – I’m totally a carb lover too. I blame it on working in a bakery when I was in high school. Fluffy, chewy bagels for the win!!
char eats greens recently posted..recycled recipe: mushroom risotto’d rice

11 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 8, 2012 at 10:13 am

Fellow carb addict here! Maybe we need to start a group ;) There’s nothing quite like a good dose of carbs in the morning, and I totally agree that those thin things are for the birds. Go big or go home :D
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... smiling baby elephants .

12 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction October 8, 2012 at 10:15 am

Bagels may be my biggest downfall :) I love a good bagel with cream cheese or used in an egg sandwich
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Busy Weekend Ahead

13 Kerry @ Totes My Oats October 8, 2012 at 10:17 am

Um, I have a carb addiction too haha. Pizza and bagels make me SO happy!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..“Christmas” Came

14 Anna October 8, 2012 at 10:19 am

Be Informed, Be Aware, Be Awakened. Know the latest Yoga World News INSTANT!

15 Rachel October 8, 2012 at 10:22 am

I just picked up bagels this weekend! They’re in the freezer though because I’m not a huge bagel person but that might have to change lol
Rachel recently posted..MIMM#10 Hello Fall Weather!

16 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 8, 2012 at 10:45 am

I’ll have to do my recap post tomorrow morning, but I did do my 2 sessions this week! (my goal with the challenge)

I’m pretty sure I have Jillian Michael’s yoga video in my arsenal somewhere, but I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll have to get on that!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Canadian Turkey.

17 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction October 8, 2012 at 10:56 am

I have also been SO addicted to carbs and sweets this week!!! Lots of bread, cheese and baked goods!! Someone help!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Whole Wheat Pumpkin Yogurt Bread

18 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 8, 2012 at 11:04 am

I am happy to say that I met my goal of doing yoga 2 times this past week (Body by Bethenny 40-minute DVD). It was challenging to get motivated but I felt great after!

Over the weekend I bought a new product that I am curious to know if you have tried. Pepperidge Farms makes delicious swirl breads and for a limited time they have 2 new flavors out: Pumpkin Spice and Caramel Apple. I am about to try the Pumpkin Spice flavor for the first time this morning for breakfast. Very excited!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Indian-Inspired Vegetable & Tofu (or Meat of Your Choice) Dish

19 Courtney October 8, 2012 at 11:11 am

No I have not tried those yet!!! But I have seen them and they DJ sound and look incredible…I really should just grab them!

20 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 8, 2012 at 11:28 am

I am so with you about carbs! I love them, I mean I really love them! I could give up anything, but bread!! Nothing beats fresh bread.

Love the workouts you have chosen! I have all of them! I need to get back into yoga! I’ve bnen doing Strength training like a mad person, I could so use some stretching.
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Our Little Secret

21 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit October 8, 2012 at 11:31 am

Nice job on meeting the challenge goals for the week! I set an October goal to do yoga once a week & am so far keeping up! And I agree, there is nothing better than a chewy bagel…now I want one ;)
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..15 Bars & Yoga on the Bay

22 Debbie (Accidently Delish) October 8, 2012 at 11:48 am

i am a total carb girl as well and see nothing wrong with that! and bagels are one of my favorites! i swear i could maybe go without pasta, rice, but bread? i can’t do it. i love it. and embrace it!

i really wish i could get into yoga. just not my thing. i have the attention span of a gnat!

23 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige October 8, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Courtney, can I just say HOLLA to a fellow carb-loving blogger?! haha – I actually plan on writing a little post about carbs and where the heck they’ve gone in the HLB world lately!
Love those JM yoga meltdown workouts. Need to dust mine off ;)
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..7 Things You Should Never Say Out Loud in the Gym

24 michelle kim October 8, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I don’t have the Jillian Michaels Yoga DVD (but I have a bunch of other ones). I also purchased a Groupon or Living Social deal for 20 yoga classes and will probably do 2 to 3 days per week.
michelle kim recently posted..San Jose Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon Recap

25 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 8, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I tried yoga for the first time ever last week – definitely didn’t make the challenge req of 3 times a week – but I’ll get there ;) absolutely LOVED it. Do you like 10lbs Slim Down yoga or Jillian yoga better?
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..The Luckiest Girl Around

26 Angela @ Health's Angel October 8, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Today was my first day at a new job where I am sedentary for practically eight hours…ick. I got home and immediately did that JM yoga meltdown workout. Much better!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Back on the Train

27 Bek @ Crave October 8, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Good job on the challenge! A groupon deal came into my inbox lately with a month of hot yoga- I’m so tempted to get it…hmmm
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Anyone can be strong

28 Megan October 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm

You need to be eating the pumpkin bagels, tis the season! Love them!