Yoga Challenge, Week 1 Recap

Good morning. My name is Courtney, and I’m addicted to carbs. Especially when they’re in the form of homemade pizza and bagels.

For the past two days, it’s been a bagel kinda morning, thanks to these. I just can’t help it. They’re SO good. And sometimes, a big, puffy, chewy (geez, here I go again with the adjectives) bagel is just necessary. Am I right? None of those thin things, thank you very much.

This morning’s bagel was toasted, one half topped with pumpkin + peanut butter + banana slices, the other half topped with peanut butter + pumpkin butter.

I would have gone all bananas (haha, that’s funny), but that whole lazy Sunday thing meant no grocery shopping, so I had to work with the only remaining half of a banana leftover from yesterday.

Hey, better than nothing, right?

*****

Alright, moving along. Let’s get to the good stuff…

October Yoga Challenge – Week 1 Recap

The first week of the October Yoga Challenge is over! How ‘bout that? I can’t wait to hear how you’re all doing on your own challenges so far – hopefully you’re all kicking some major yoga butt. First, let me give ya the low down on my stuff…

My Challenge: Do 3 yoga sessions for the week

Actual: 3 yoga sessions COMPLETE!

• 10lb Slimdown Yoga DVD (20 minutes)
      • Jillian Michaels’ Yoga Meltdown (30 minutes)
      • 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme Yoga DVD (40 minutes)

So far, so good! All of my sessions have taken place at home, since I haven’t had a chance to really check out the calendar for the yoga studio I just bought my Groupon for. That’s okay though, because I really do enjoy practicing in the privacy of my own living room.

It’s definitely still apparent that I have not been doing yoga consistently lately, since most of my sessions this past week have been somewhat of a challenge. But that’s okay – I’m just taking that as a goal to work towards.

Besides, if all of my at-home DVD’s were a walk in the park, then what would be the fun in that? That’s why it’s called a challenge. Winking smile

And I’m ready to keep it going this week! What about you guys?

Now let’s see how all of you have been doing on those challenges! Feel free to link up your week 1 recaps below – and then let’s go ahead and cheer everybody on!

10.
11.
12.
13.

( Collection closed )
Link tool by Inlinkz

Comments

Although I didn’t do much yoga this week, it was great progress for me! I split up a 40-minute Bethenny Frankel yoga dvd into two 20-minute segments. I performed one on Tuesday and then finished the second on Thursday. I would definitely say completing 40 minutes of yoga was pretty good for me! :)
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..One Year Ago Today

I like doing yoga at home but there is something about having an instructor walk you through each pose and being in the atmosphere of a class that I just love. Where we live there aren’t many places to go do a yoga class. I practice at home frequently but I soooo miss having a good place to go
    Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Banana Split Smoothie

I did it, I got in 3 sessions of Yoga this week myself. I am focusing on a lower body yoga routine and boy do I feel it. Not too hard but yes a challenge for me. I am just happy I was able to get 3 sessions in. I do intend to keep the challenge going this week too! Week 2 here I come. I really enjoy the slow pace of yoga, helps me focus and relax. Have a great week everyone! ^_^
    Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..keep putting forth the effort…

I REALLY (like really) need to do this because I’m 34 weeks pregnant and said I would practice prenatal yoga during pregnancy. Ugh, I’m kinda running out of time! haha

Glad you stuck to your plan. And PS – I’m totally a carb lover too. I blame it on working in a bakery when I was in high school. Fluffy, chewy bagels for the win!!
    char eats greens recently posted..recycled recipe: mushroom risotto’d rice

I’ll have to do my recap post tomorrow morning, but I did do my 2 sessions this week! (my goal with the challenge)

I’m pretty sure I have Jillian Michael’s yoga video in my arsenal somewhere, but I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll have to get on that!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Canadian Turkey.

I am happy to say that I met my goal of doing yoga 2 times this past week (Body by Bethenny 40-minute DVD). It was challenging to get motivated but I felt great after!

Over the weekend I bought a new product that I am curious to know if you have tried. Pepperidge Farms makes delicious swirl breads and for a limited time they have 2 new flavors out: Pumpkin Spice and Caramel Apple. I am about to try the Pumpkin Spice flavor for the first time this morning for breakfast. Very excited!
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Indian-Inspired Vegetable & Tofu (or Meat of Your Choice) Dish

• Courtney says

No I have not tried those yet!!! But I have seen them and they DJ sound and look incredible…I really should just grab them!

I am so with you about carbs! I love them, I mean I really love them! I could give up anything, but bread!! Nothing beats fresh bread.

Love the workouts you have chosen! I have all of them! I need to get back into yoga! I’ve bnen doing Strength training like a mad person, I could so use some stretching.
    Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Our Little Secret

i am a total carb girl as well and see nothing wrong with that! and bagels are one of my favorites! i swear i could maybe go without pasta, rice, but bread? i can’t do it. i love it. and embrace it!

i really wish i could get into yoga. just not my thing. i have the attention span of a gnat!

Trackbacks