No Matter How Ya Spread It

by Courtney on October 19, 2012

Want to know the absolute best thing about having leftover salad?

It makes for one heck of a quick and easy lunch the next day! (just as long as there’s no dressing on there to begin with…soggy salad = no go for me)

We still had a decent amount of salad leftover from last night, so I decided to finish that up for today’s lunch; and since we also had some sautéed squash leftover from the other night, I threw that right in there too, along with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.

The salad was lacking in protein, so I figured I’d make up for it by adding in a little extra on the side…in the form of peanut buttahhhhh.

Two wasa crackers topped with peanut butter and pumpkin butter.

Always delicious, no matter how ya slice it spread it.

As I was eating lunch in the living room with hubby (I’ve been spoiled having him come home for lunch a few times this week!), I happened to notice that the tree in our front yard is suddenly suuuuuuper yellow. It’s so pretty!

I’d noticed it was changing colors, obviously, but for some reason today it just seems extra bright.

After lunch, I finished things up with a handful of candy corn…

And then another one. Winking smile

This afternoon I’ve got to attempt to brave this rain so I can make my way out to the post office (to mail some giveaway goodies); then from there, it’s an evening with the girls. Yippee!

Happy Friday to everyone! Any fun plans this weekend??

1 Sarah October 19, 2012 at 1:52 pm

LOVE the trees changing- it’s what I love most about fall! Especially running through the leaves!
Happy Friday! I’m on my way home to spend some quality time with my fam :)
Sarah recently posted..Friday Favorites

2 Annette@FitnessPerks October 19, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I love when the trees change too-esp since I can see mountains from my windows, so it makes it just gorgeous!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Slightly Lazy

3 Beks October 19, 2012 at 2:12 pm

My sis is coming home this weekend, and we’re going to a friend’s wedding. Super excited to see her again, even though I just saw her last month. Too long between visits, if you ask me.

4 Katelyn October 19, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I could eat candy corn all day. Those little nuggets are DANGEROUS. The pumpkin-shaped ones are my fave! Bigger the better, am I right?
Katelyn recently posted..Grain-Free Paleo Pancakes

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 19, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I love the fall foliage. It’s so pretty! :) My husband and I are going to Lancaster to visit our friends. I’m excited and looking forward to lots of good Amish eats especially since my hubby has never been there.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A New Obessession!…

6 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign October 19, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I love when the trees on our block reach their peak. It’s so sad after they fall off and have nothing on them–that’s when the snow comes in! :)
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Downloadable Menu Planner

7 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 19, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Beautiful tree…love to see the leaves changing. Keeping things pretty low key this weekend. Have fun with the girls!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..link love

8 Kristy Doyle October 19, 2012 at 2:41 pm

My fiance used to commute one hour to and from work, but this spring he started a new job that is just a few blocks from where I work, so everyday we go home for lunch together. It’s the best thing EVER! You wouldn’t think if you live with someone all the time that a simple lunch every weekday would be such a big deal, but I really cherish our lunch time together.
Kristy Doyle recently posted..My Running Story and A Lesson Learned

9 Angela @ Health's Angel October 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I recently started a new job and while my commute is really long, the drive there is absolutely gorgeous right now with all of the colorful trees. I always want to take a picture of the view on my phone but then I realize that’s probably not the best idea while I’m trying to drive during the morning rush…
I love the plant you have in your window!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..I’m A Big Girl Now

10 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 19, 2012 at 2:44 pm

It seems like the leaves have just changed all of the sudden here too. It’s gorgeous!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Because You Don’t Want To Have To Cut Off Your Arm

11 Hollywood Healthy October 19, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I’m going to a play with the ‘rents this weekend!
Hollywood Healthy recently posted..How did I not see that coming?!

12 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 19, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I love the view from your front window – the colors are gorgeous, especially with you Fall decor :) Fall seems to be doing crazy time-warping things here too. It wasn’t long ago that the trees were sporting all their gorgeous colors, and now there’s hardly any leaves left on the trees!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #2 .

13 Lisa October 19, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I love watching the leaves change colors, so pretty! I literally stopped at a stop sign and took a picture of the leaves the other day…while there were other cars, it was awkward. Probably not the best idea ever. I have fun plans for Saturday night, for a wine night:)
Lisa recently posted..Fun Facts And Pumpkin Seed Butter

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 19, 2012 at 3:51 pm

That’s such a pretty view! We’re already starting to lose the leaves here…but I’ll enjoy it until it’s completely gone!

P.S. post-lunch candy corn = amazing. I might have to go sneak a handful right now… :-D
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Guilt Free.

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 19, 2012 at 4:28 pm

No super fun plans this weekend … but I can’t wait to watch some college football! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pasta Bake Recipe

16 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 19, 2012 at 4:38 pm

That tree is gorgeous! I love this season so much and all of the changing colors!
My weekend will be pretty busy with work but I’m hoping to fit in a nice long run which will definitely be fun. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday

17 Suzanne @ Fit MInded Mom October 19, 2012 at 5:08 pm

What a pretty site to see, just looking out your window. We don’t get the pretty foliage like that in Texas but I hope to travel north sometime during the Fall to really get the experience.

I love Wasa crackers and think I will pick some up at the store this weekend, thanks to you!!!
Suzanne @ Fit MInded Mom recently posted..Best Body Bootcamp, Here I Come!!

18 michelle kim October 19, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I like that the candy corn goes with the fall colors of the leaves, too! It’s all so pretty!
For salad, I don’t mind if the dressing is on there and I eat it later that day (a little soggy is okay, hehe).
michelle kim recently posted..Low-Impact, High Intensity

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 19, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I’ve been noticing the changing trees more lately too! I live in a new neighborhood, so there aren’t too many big trees around, but I love seeing all of the colors in the hills around where I live… so pretty!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 31

20 Jen October 19, 2012 at 7:53 pm

That salad looks super yummy!! :) It’s my birthday tomorrow so the hubby has something secret/special planned for the weekend! Have fun with the girls!

21 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 19, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I think I’m turning into a candy corn. Tonight I went for a 4.5 mile run (woohoo!) and met my mom at Chipotle. Now I’m relaxing on my couch because I’m getting up REALLY early to go (::gulp::) camping tomorrow.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

22 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 19, 2012 at 9:39 pm

One of my favorite salad toppings is leftover roasted vegetables…especially brussel sprouts..so good!!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: October 17, 2012

23 Maria Moga October 20, 2012 at 9:18 am

I’ve been inspired. I’m going to hit up Target and get some Fall decorations! I love, love, love your window display. So cute.

I’ll also be studying for my NASM exam….lame.
Maria Moga recently posted..I’d Rather Be

24 Kelly October 20, 2012 at 10:16 am

Not sure how I stumbled onto your blog, but I read it daily now and really enjoy it. :) Thanks! I want to try your pumpkin custard oats. Can I pin it somehow?
p.s. I’ve noticed in your brownie pics that you seem to like the edges. You an edge person? I HAVE to have gooey, doughy, barely cooked middle piece. :)

25 Courtney October 20, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Haha, I looooove the crunchy edges :)
And you should definitely be able to pin the oats!

26 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat October 20, 2012 at 11:14 am

Long run, froyo, and pumpkin carving, and also waiting for the rain to come :) Happy Saturday!!
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Hmmmmm…..

27 Bek @ Crave October 20, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I’ve got lots to do today- fitness expo, groceries, travel agent and a body attack class! We had a cruisey night last night to balance it all out :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Sweating like nobody’s business