No Matter How Ya Spread It

Want to know the absolute best thing about having leftover salad?

It makes for one heck of a quick and easy lunch the next day! (just as long as there’s no dressing on there to begin with…soggy salad = no go for me)

We still had a decent amount of salad leftover from last night, so I decided to finish that up for today’s lunch; and since we also had some sautéed squash leftover from the other night, I threw that right in there too, along with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.

The salad was lacking in protein, so I figured I’d make up for it by adding in a little extra on the side…in the form of peanut buttahhhhh.

Two wasa crackers topped with peanut butter and pumpkin butter.

Always delicious, no matter how ya slice it spread it.

As I was eating lunch in the living room with hubby (I’ve been spoiled having him come home for lunch a few times this week!), I happened to notice that the tree in our front yard is suddenly suuuuuuper yellow. It’s so pretty!

I’d noticed it was changing colors, obviously, but for some reason today it just seems extra bright.

After lunch, I finished things up with a handful of candy corn…

And then another one. Winking smile

This afternoon I’ve got to attempt to brave this rain so I can make my way out to the post office (to mail some giveaway goodies); then from there, it’s an evening with the girls. Yippee!

Happy Friday to everyone! Any fun plans this weekend??

Comments

My sis is coming home this weekend, and we’re going to a friend’s wedding. Super excited to see her again, even though I just saw her last month. Too long between visits, if you ask me.

My fiance used to commute one hour to and from work, but this spring he started a new job that is just a few blocks from where I work, so everyday we go home for lunch together. It’s the best thing EVER! You wouldn’t think if you live with someone all the time that a simple lunch every weekday would be such a big deal, but I really cherish our lunch time together.
    Kristy Doyle recently posted..My Running Story and A Lesson Learned

I recently started a new job and while my commute is really long, the drive there is absolutely gorgeous right now with all of the colorful trees. I always want to take a picture of the view on my phone but then I realize that’s probably not the best idea while I’m trying to drive during the morning rush…
    I love the plant you have in your window!
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..I’m A Big Girl Now

I love the view from your front window – the colors are gorgeous, especially with you Fall decor :) Fall seems to be doing crazy time-warping things here too. It wasn’t long ago that the trees were sporting all their gorgeous colors, and now there’s hardly any leaves left on the trees!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #2 .

I love watching the leaves change colors, so pretty! I literally stopped at a stop sign and took a picture of the leaves the other day…while there were other cars, it was awkward. Probably not the best idea ever. I have fun plans for Saturday night, for a wine night:)
    Lisa recently posted..Fun Facts And Pumpkin Seed Butter

6. Jen says

That salad looks super yummy!! :) It’s my birthday tomorrow so the hubby has something secret/special planned for the weekend! Have fun with the girls!

Not sure how I stumbled onto your blog, but I read it daily now and really enjoy it. :) Thanks! I want to try your pumpkin custard oats. Can I pin it somehow?
    p.s. I’ve noticed in your brownie pics that you seem to like the edges. You an edge person? I HAVE to have gooey, doughy, barely cooked middle piece. :)