In a Nutshell

by Courtney on November 6, 2012

Today…

I voted. Did you?

I spent the afternoon with mom, including a lunch date at Panera.

Half Fuji Apple Chicken salad, half broccoli cheddar soup, and a diet Pepsi, because I was just in the mood for one.

I can’t even tell you the last time I had that soup, but it did not take long to remember just how good the stuff is. Wow.

Mom and I also talked about a potential upcoming mom & daughter night out, which I’m super excited about…especially since it involves THIS.

source

SQUEEEEL! I’ve already seen this show two (three?) times, and it never, ever gets old. I heard that this year it’s a brand new show though, which I’m super pumped about. I also love that it’s coming to our area before Christmas this year; for the past few years, they’ve come after Christmas, and it just isn’t the same.

Lunch was pretty filling, and I wasn’t in much of a mood to cook this evening, so it was a breakfast for dinner sort of night.

Egg and veggie scramble plus a pumpkin spice English muffin with half butter, half pumpkin butter.

Oh, and this afternoon also included a ton of good laughs and memories from my childhood bedroom…

But I’ll share those with you guys tomorrow. Winking smile

1 Blog is the New Black November 6, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Always wanted to see the orchestra!!

And PLEASE tell me that I see embroidery floss for friendship bracelets?! ;)
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

2 Yaara November 6, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Yes!! Love friendship bracelets and we can’t forget lanyards!

3 Lisa November 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I didn’t vote, since I live in Canada;) Oh, that’s so exciting!! I’ve always wanted to go to one of those performances! The orchestra would be so festive right before Christmas!!

4 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Love you pick two from Panera! I had the Fuji Apple Chicken salad last week, and it tasted delicious! I also *always* order black bean soup when it’s offered. :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Hey, You Never Know

5 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat November 6, 2012 at 7:45 pm

panera is so good!! im totally inlove with their thai chicken salad. aw :) i love mom and daughter outings, they are always fun :)
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Awards Awards Awards!

6 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 6, 2012 at 7:51 pm

That broccoli cheddar soup is AMAZING!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Product Review: SOYJOY Bars

7 Sarah B. November 6, 2012 at 8:02 pm

About a year ago when I was rummaging through my chidhood bedroom at my parents I found two of my teeth that had been pulled in a container shaped like a pumpkin. Holy pack rat batman!!

8 michelle kim November 6, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Yay! I love going through childhood belongings and bringing up all the good memories!
My older brother recently gave me a huge stack of certificates and awards from when I was younger (about 30% of them are from moving up to the next belt in kung fu, haha).
michelle kim recently posted..Still Phase 1 and Run to Rescue

9 Linz @ Itz Linz November 6, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I voted! Woot!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Pumpkin Muffins

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 6, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I voted too! Yay! (Except I voted early last week…) ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..PSA: Public Service Announcements (2!)

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 6, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Every year Christmas Eve at church a high school band (reeeeallly good) comes in and plays something from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It’s awesome.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..managing a busy week

12 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 6, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I love the concept of breakfast for dinner but never seem to make it all that often for some reason or another. After all of the fall pancake recipes that I have seen lately on the blogs, I definitely already have them on the dinner menu for next week!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Cheater Vegetable Stir-Fry

13 Lauren November 6, 2012 at 9:14 pm

So in the mood for Panera now. And a mother daughter date. Calling my madre tonight. :)
Lauren recently posted..Permanently Marked

14 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 6, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Tonight was a breakfast for dinner kind of evening for me as well… it actually seems to be happening more often lately, but breakfast is just too good to only eat once a day! And omigosh how much do I love going through the stuff I left at my parents’ place. Can’t wait to hear about some of your memories!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... taking a time out .

15 Marielle November 6, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Panera Bread is so awesome, have you tried their cinnamon bagels before? They are amazing!
Marielle recently posted..I’m an Ambassador!

16 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets November 6, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Mmm that salad looks so good; love the combos at Panera!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..butter chicken pizza + an apology

17 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 6, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Did not vote – but I am Canadian. :-)

Love, love, love Trans-Siberian! I saw them a few years ago and it was one of the best live shows I’ve ever seen. Definitely hoping I get the chance to go again one day.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..freEDom: Why I Stopped Counting Calories (Again).

18 Steph November 7, 2012 at 2:17 am

Love, love, love TSO! I’ve seen the show twice, but I think I could go again this year. They are outstanding performers!
Steph recently posted..Camping Extravaganza

19 Megan S. November 7, 2012 at 4:22 am

Please tell me that clear box I see with lots of different colored string was for friendship bracelets?! I used to have a box like that with tons of colors so I could make a million of them
Megan S. recently posted..Hello world!

20 Tara Deal | Treble in the Kitchen November 7, 2012 at 5:18 am

I love the Trans Siberian Orchestra. They are coming to Indianapolis, but I do not think I will be attending, if you go please do a recap!! :)

21 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 7, 2012 at 7:56 am

The Broccoli Cheese soup from Panera is so good! :) It’s definitely one of my favorites.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Relaxation & Movie Filled Weekend!…

22 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 7, 2012 at 8:21 am

Oh my gosh, are those colorful threads for friendship bracelet making?! If not, now I’m embarrassed because that’s what my container used to look like that held all that stuff. Being 12 was, like, so fun ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..You’re Not Immune to Skin Cancer.

23 Nicole November 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I love the fact that your breakfast for dinner resembles a smiley face! Maybe I’m just looking for something positive to add to my day, but regardless – I love it! Have a great day :)

24 Courtney November 7, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Thanks Nicole, you too!!

25 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate November 7, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Lunch dates with my mom always brighten my day!
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..WIAW: Clean Out Style

26 Bek @ Crave November 8, 2012 at 2:09 am

Love the apple chicken salad! And yay for mother daughter dates ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..A little less sweet

27 Holly November 9, 2012 at 4:58 pm

You totally got me hooked on that Panera salad. I would always order the Fuji one, but then I saw the Apple one on here last year…and figured you knew your stuff, so since then I’ve been getting it & oh man, it’s SO GOOD!!
Holly recently posted..8.5 Months