Mal’s Bridal Shower

by Courtney on November 11, 2012

YAY for another successful bridal shower!

Early yesterday afternoon, I was off to Mal’s bridal shower location, which just so happened to be at one of my favorite local spots ever – Brown’s Brewing Co. You may remember a couple of months ago when I was out with Sarah taking care of some bridesmaid duties? Well, we were actually at Brown’s to get some info for the shower, and as luck would have it, it all worked out.

The spot was absolutely perfect for Mal. A couple of the other bridesmaids put together the mason jars of baby’s breath, and the venue provided us with the other lit up jars, which both complemented each other really well.

Eventually, our guest of honor arrived and it was time to get the party started!

For lunch, we had a spread of caesar salad, wraps, sandwiches, garlic bread, and pasta.

And, of course, since we were at a brewery, we also had beer samples for the guests to try. The only bummer is that they’re already done brewing their pumpkin ale.

For lunch, I helped myself to a bunch of caesar salad (not usually my favorite, but man, was it good), some pasta, and a sandwich, which is actually the same sandwich I had the last time I was at Brown’s. It’s one of my favorites.

After lunch, it was time for presents (she loved our wine basket!)…

And cupcakes!

I snagged a vanilla one for myself, since they’re probably one of my favorite cupcakes that come out of my kitchen. So simple, yet so, so good.

The shower actually ended pretty quickly, but a bunch of people hung out for a while afterward, so that was nice. I mean, I’m always up for hanging with these ladies a little longer. Winking smile

After the shower, the bridesmaids walked down to Dinosaur BBQ and enjoyed a couple of drinks there while chatting at the bar for a few hours before calling it a day. It was definitely a great day spent with awesome girls, for sure!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend…anything fun going on with you? Smile

1 Renee November 11, 2012 at 10:17 am

The Center pieces are cute! Great Job ladies!
Renee recently posted..Fit and Fabulous Friday

2 Khushboo November 11, 2012 at 10:21 am

As much as I love chocolate, vanilla cupcakes are way more up my alley and those just confirm that :-)
Khushboo recently posted..Few of my favourite things…

3 Stephanie @ StephSnacks November 11, 2012 at 10:22 am

Love the bridal shower set up! I had a couple of birthday celebrations this weekend which are always fun :)
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..John’s Birthday Weekend

4 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 11, 2012 at 10:36 am

Looks like an awesome shower :D And I want to agree with you that vanilla make the best cupcakes, but… chocolate… eeee… it just tugs at my heart. In all honesty, I love them both and have a hard time choosing. It all depends on whatever I’m craving I guess :D
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... laughter is the best medicine .

5 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit November 11, 2012 at 11:02 am

Cute decor! I swear — everything looks amazing in a mason jar!
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Gingers on a Boat

6 Sarah November 11, 2012 at 11:14 am

This sounds like the perfect event! Your cupcakes look so professional- maybe you should open a cupcakery ;)

7 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 11, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I love the center piece and all the food looks delicious!!

8 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 11, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Love your dress! And seriously….your cupcakes always look so amazing and professional. I am sure they taste just as good as they look, too! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Hearty Chili Soup Pizza

9 Danica @ It's Progression November 11, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Looks like it was a lot of fun! Your dress was super cute, and as usual, your cupcakes look beautiful. Seriously girl, I know a business of it would be such a success :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Workouts 11/4 – 11/10: a crazy busy week

10 Lydia November 11, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Cupcakes look great! Looks like you had so much fun!!
Lydia recently posted..Candied Pecan Cayenne Popcorn

11 Angela @ Beauty in Strength November 11, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Simplicity usually is best! I LOVE the mason jars filled with baby’s breath. Gorgeous!
Angela @ Beauty in Strength recently posted..Sweet 16

12 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 11, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I love bridal showers! I think I’m the only person in the universe that “shushes” people who talk when the bride opens presents – haha!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 11, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Looks like a beautiful shower!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Recap: 11/9-11/11

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 11, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Fun day!! I love all of the food pics. Your cupcakes look gorgeous!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip

15 Marielle November 11, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Sounds like a perfect day! I love your dress btw, looks great on you! :)
Marielle recently posted..Finding Balance + Greatist

16 Courtney November 11, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Thanks, Marielle! Randomly found it on the sale rack at Burlington Coat Factory last week, of all places!

17 Bek @ Crave November 11, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Looks like a great shower! Can’t wait to go to some of my own ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Grit Strength 21 Day Challenge: Goals

18 Katy November 12, 2012 at 9:26 am

Beer samples?! What a great venue idea. :-)
Katy recently posted..Monday Montage

19 Tara November 12, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I love bridal showers! Your cupcakes looked delicious and the venue looked perfect! How fun :)