A Reebok Fitness Experience, Part 2

Hey hey, happy Monday to you all! Did everyone have a great weekend? I know I did…especially because it included a whole lot of these two guys.

Love my boys. Smile

Here’s a quick recap of everything else that was happening this weekend…

And now, let’s finish up where we left off with Reebok!

After completing the WOD, we headed back and got ready for another training product presentation. By this point, my hunger was really starting to kick in, so I was incredibly thankful for the bags of trail mix they had available for us.

IMG_4639_thumb

The presentation was held in yet another room that was filled with all sorts of new and upcoming products for 2013 (SO cute!!) so we couldn’t take too many photos. I did manage, however, to snag a photo of the wall full of travel workout cards.

IMG_4641_thumb[1]

The presentation itself included a ton of useful information on how various sneakers of theirs are designed, including the Real Flex Fusion TR and the CrossFit Nano 2.0.

The Real Flex Fusion TR, which is seen below, is a training shoe designed for natural movement with stability. I’ve used this shoe for everything from walking, to running, to strength training, and it really is a great shoe.

Our presenter explained how some of the multi-directional flex nodes on the bottom of this shoe have now been stretched (the black nodes) to allow for more natural motion as your run, jump and stretch.

The CrossFit Nano 2.0, seen below, is most often used for CrossFit, due to its low profile platform (not as much cushioning, lower to the ground). While I originally thought these shoes were really just for CrossFit, we learned that they are actually quite a versatile shoe, and are quite efficient for transitioning in workouts.

I had the chance to try on a pair while I was there and I must say that I really liked the feel of them. I’d be interested to try them out in a workout at some point (plus, they’re super cute!).

After the presentation, we split into two groups (guys and gals) for lunch and focus groups. The lunch spread was quite impressive, and included all sorts of paleo-friendly food items.

IMG_4642_thumb[1]

You guys know I’m not paleo, but this was one heck of a lunch! I filled up a salad with all sorts of veggies, chicken, and steak, and also included a sweet potato wedge and a paleo cookie on the side.

IMG_4644_thumb[1]

Everything was incredible, and I totally went back for another cookie. Winking smile

The focus group was probably one of my favorite parts of the day, because it allowed us to really share all of our honest feedback about the products, whether it be positive or negative. Most of us were in agreement on a lot of things (we love the thumbholes in the long sleeves…we like wider waistbands on pants…) and it was really cool to see how receptive they were and actually took all of our opinions into consideration.

After the focus group, we had one other running product discussion and then it was time to break for a group trail run. But since I’m not running these days, I stayed behind with a few others and had some fun browsing around in the Reebok store…so much fun!!!

As I mentioned yesterday, we were all given a bag filled with some goodies, so let me first share those with you…

IMG_4650_thumb[1]

My favorite out of these had to be the top. It was super flattering on, soft, cozy, and well…it even included more thumbholes. Winner.

IMG_4651_thumb[1]IMG_4652_thumb[1]

Cody was all over that bag as soon as I unloaded it on Friday night. Winking smile

IMG_4646_thumb[1]

While I was in the store, I also made a few other purchases, thanks to a very generous gift card provided by Reebok.

IMG_4653_thumb[1]

For myself, I picked up a pair of these Heather Plush Pants, which are actually the same fleece pants as the black ones I received last month. I love them so much, I just had to get another pair!

IMG_4654_thumb[1]

I also bought myself this Versacool Speed Step Fleece Jacket, which I LOVE. Wore this all day yesterday, actually.

IMG_4655_thumb[1]

I also picked up a couple things for Jay – one he already got, but I’m saving the other for Christmas. Winking smile

WHEW! So there’s the rest of my recap from my day at Reebok on Friday. Honestly you guys, the place…the people…the products…I just love them all (and you know that I’d tell you if I felt otherwise). I am PUMPED about some of the things that they have in store for holiday 2012 and later in 2013…let’s just say that they’re going to have something for everyone.

I’ll finish up with a quick thank you to everyone who helped make our experience at Reebok a fun and successful ones; and to my fellow FitFluential Ambassadors, for making the day just that much more enjoyable!

Question for the Morning:

What sort of things do you look for in fitness apparel? (i.e., certain fabrics, waistbands, fits, length, etc…)

Comments

I’m so glad you all had such a great time! It sounds like they treated you guys so well while you were there. I haven’t been much of a Reebok person in the past, but it sounds like they’re really stepping up their game these days. As for fitness apparel, comfortable is always a must but cute too! Long enough tops are always crucial for me since I have a long torso and bottoms that don’t fall down or ride up! Looks like you got some great stuff!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Cranberry Walnut Bread

As I’ve been running more frequently, I’ve noticed that my athletic shorts will ride up and it’s completely distracting! I also have started wearing longer shirts because I have a long torso and anything that falls just to my waist line drives me crazy and I end up tugging it down half the time to cover my stomach haha I want to be totally comfortable while I’m working out, but it’s definitely a plus to look cute, too :)
    Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Caffeine-fueled Green Monster & 5k PR

I just LOOOOVE that warm up top. I saw Julie wearing it on Saturday and was like oooohhh… pretty. Hahaha and the thumbholes really are so cute! I love my Flex Fusion sneakers from HLS. They’re definitely my favorite pair of Reeboks that I own! I am dying to try the Crossfit shoes. YES the hot pink is just so adorable! I’m such a marketing nerd so when we went to Reebok last May I was pumped to be in a focus group. Glad you got to be in another one!
    Caitlin recently posted..Sprigs Earbags: A Family Review and Giveaway!

Looks like you had a great time and learned a lot about Reebok’s offerings. To be honest, Reebok has never been the first brand to jump in my mind when I think cute and fashionable work out gear. However, after checking out the pieces you received, I was proven totally wrong! I am obsessed with the outfit that has the red top.. So so cute! When I buy work out wear, I look for comfy, flattering pieces that smooth where needed without cutting off my circulation! :) I agree, wide waist bands are the best!

Looks like so much fun, I’m jeaous! For fitness clothes I look for mostly comfort but also cuteness! If I like the clothes I’m wearing, I’ll want to wear them, therefore I will want to workout!

Also, with the winter season I look for things that will keep me warm as well.

6. Fizz @ fizzsbizz.com says

In terms of tops, I don’t really mind all that much. As long as they’re comfortable and flattering! What I really struggle with is the bottoms! I like my tights to be a bit thicker material with a nice mid-height thick waist band. Being shorter it drives me crazy when the smaller sizes don’t mean that the pants are also shorter. I hate having to either bunch them in the ankles or around the crotch (not a pretty sight!). It’s so great that by the sound of it reebok was really receptive to all of your thoughts and concerns, they really sound like an awesome company!
    Fizz @ fizzsbizz.com recently posted..Half Moon Bay, Adventure Day!

Your trip looks like it was awesome! I have always thought of Nike and Adidas as the “big dogs” of fitness so to speak but it looks like Reebok is really stepping it up. They also look like a great employer- I wish my office had a Crossfit box! I am loving all the gear that you got, my Christmas wish list may have just gotten a little longer :)
    Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..10 Questions Survey

I love pants/shorts with thicker waistbands-the small ones just feel uncomfortable and I find myself pulling them too much. Also, I love tanks that are stretchy and long-I have a loooooong torso, so I like when my tanks actually fit. And of course, sports bras that offer a little shape are always nice, especially for those of us with a smaller chest ;) I love your new Reebok gear!
    Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Running With Bentley

9. Emily T. says

I’m really intrigued by the CrossFit shoes, but I am definitely waiting until they become available in my local Reebok store so I can get a better look at them. From looking at your pictures of your new Reebok gear, though, I want to either head over there now or sit on their website and look through everything all day!

I’m glad you had such a great time!

I’m going to sound totally materialistic here but I usually look for the design and bold colours first with gear and then test it for comfortability etc. Thanks for sharing the experience! Sounds so amazing!!
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Overtraining