A Reebok Fitness Experience, Part 2

by Courtney on November 19, 2012

Hey hey, happy Monday to you all! Did everyone have a great weekend? I know I did…especially because it included a whole lot of these two guys.

Love my boys. Smile

Here’s a quick recap of everything else that was happening this weekend…

And now, let’s finish up where we left off with Reebok!

After completing the WOD, we headed back and got ready for another training product presentation. By this point, my hunger was really starting to kick in, so I was incredibly thankful for the bags of trail mix they had available for us.

IMG_4639_thumb

The presentation was held in yet another room that was filled with all sorts of new and upcoming products for 2013 (SO cute!!) so we couldn’t take too many photos. I did manage, however, to snag a photo of the wall full of travel workout cards.

IMG_4641_thumb[1]

The presentation itself included a ton of useful information on how various sneakers of theirs are designed, including the Real Flex Fusion TR and the CrossFit Nano 2.0.

The Real Flex Fusion TR, which is seen below, is a training shoe designed for natural movement with stability. I’ve used this shoe for everything from walking, to running, to strength training, and it really is a great shoe.

Our presenter explained how some of the multi-directional flex nodes on the bottom of this shoe have now been stretched (the black nodes) to allow for more natural motion as your run, jump and stretch.

The CrossFit Nano 2.0, seen below, is most often used for CrossFit, due to its low profile platform (not as much cushioning, lower to the ground). While I originally thought these shoes were really just for CrossFit, we learned that they are actually quite a versatile shoe, and are quite efficient for transitioning in workouts.

I had the chance to try on a pair while I was there and I must say that I really liked the feel of them. I’d be interested to try them out in a workout at some point (plus, they’re super cute!).

After the presentation, we split into two groups (guys and gals) for lunch and focus groups. The lunch spread was quite impressive, and included all sorts of paleo-friendly food items.

IMG_4642_thumb[1]

You guys know I’m not paleo, but this was one heck of a lunch! I filled up a salad with all sorts of veggies, chicken, and steak, and also included a sweet potato wedge and a paleo cookie on the side.

IMG_4644_thumb[1]

Everything was incredible, and I totally went back for another cookie. Winking smile

The focus group was probably one of my favorite parts of the day, because it allowed us to really share all of our honest feedback about the products, whether it be positive or negative. Most of us were in agreement on a lot of things (we love the thumbholes in the long sleeves…we like wider waistbands on pants…) and it was really cool to see how receptive they were and actually took all of our opinions into consideration.

After the focus group, we had one other running product discussion and then it was time to break for a group trail run. But since I’m not running these days, I stayed behind with a few others and had some fun browsing around in the Reebok store…so much fun!!!

As I mentioned yesterday, we were all given a bag filled with some goodies, so let me first share those with you…

IMG_4650_thumb[1]

My favorite out of these had to be the top. It was super flattering on, soft, cozy, and well…it even included more thumbholes. Winner.

IMG_4651_thumb[1]IMG_4652_thumb[1]

Cody was all over that bag as soon as I unloaded it on Friday night. Winking smile

IMG_4646_thumb[1]

While I was in the store, I also made a few other purchases, thanks to a very generous gift card provided by Reebok.

IMG_4653_thumb[1]

For myself, I picked up a pair of these Heather Plush Pants, which are actually the same fleece pants as the black ones I received last month. I love them so much, I just had to get another pair!

IMG_4654_thumb[1]

I also bought myself this Versacool Speed Step Fleece Jacket, which I LOVE. Wore this all day yesterday, actually.

IMG_4655_thumb[1]

I also picked up a couple things for Jay – one he already got, but I’m saving the other for Christmas. Winking smile

WHEW! So there’s the rest of my recap from my day at Reebok on Friday. Honestly you guys, the place…the people…the products…I just love them all (and you know that I’d tell you if I felt otherwise). I am PUMPED about some of the things that they have in store for holiday 2012 and later in 2013…let’s just say that they’re going to have something for everyone.

I’ll finish up with a quick thank you to everyone who helped make our experience at Reebok a fun and successful ones; and to my fellow FitFluential Ambassadors, for making the day just that much more enjoyable!

Question for the Morning:

What sort of things do you look for in fitness apparel? (i.e., certain fabrics, waistbands, fits, length, etc…)

1 chelcie @ chelcie's food files November 19, 2012 at 9:22 am

I’m so jealous of all your new Reebok gear! everything looks amazing! I don’t follow a paleo diet either, but that lunch spread does look amazing!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Home Sweet Home + Saturday Recap

2 Melanie November 19, 2012 at 9:22 am

What a great experience! Way to go crossfit champs!!
Melanie recently posted..Cocoa Cookie Bars with Peanut Butter Drizzle

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 19, 2012 at 9:23 am

Looks like you had a wonderfully fun weekend! I definitely look for certain fabrics. That can or break the piece of clothing for me when it comes to fitness apparel.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..A Birthday Wish

4 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom November 19, 2012 at 9:24 am

I am a Nike girl through and through but after reading and seeing so many great products for Reebok, I may have to give them a try in the future. They have really come a LONG way in how cute their stuff is, especially the shoes.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..My Colorful Weekend

5 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 19, 2012 at 9:27 am

I’m so glad you all had such a great time! It sounds like they treated you guys so well while you were there. I haven’t been much of a Reebok person in the past, but it sounds like they’re really stepping up their game these days. As for fitness apparel, comfortable is always a must but cute too! Long enough tops are always crucial for me since I have a long torso and bottoms that don’t fall down or ride up! Looks like you got some great stuff!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Cranberry Walnut Bread

6 alyssa - life a la wife November 19, 2012 at 9:29 am

Thumbholes are a must in my long sleeve workout tees!
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Sunday Stuff – 11/18

7 Khushboo November 19, 2012 at 9:35 am

Now that I think about it, I am really particular about the length of my workout tops…nothing too short for me!

8 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog November 19, 2012 at 9:36 am

I am a huge fan of Nike mostly because I love their dry fit shirts and how comfortable the waist bands of their shorts/pants are.
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Marvelous In My Monday #9

9 Angela @ Health's Angel November 19, 2012 at 9:37 am

SO many cute pieces! I love browsing/shopping for workout clothes and if I could, I’d wear them everywhere, every day. :) They’re just so cute and comfortable. I can’t seem to wear shirts with sleeves when I work out. I love a good fitted tank that’s breathable!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Cube Life = Healthy Life?

10 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete November 19, 2012 at 9:50 am

As I’ve been running more frequently, I’ve noticed that my athletic shorts will ride up and it’s completely distracting! I also have started wearing longer shirts because I have a long torso and anything that falls just to my waist line drives me crazy and I end up tugging it down half the time to cover my stomach haha I want to be totally comfortable while I’m working out, but it’s definitely a plus to look cute, too :)
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Caffeine-fueled Green Monster & 5k PR

11 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 19, 2012 at 9:53 am

Lots of goodies! Love the crossfit gear, very cute. I’m all for thumb-ees this time of year. I remember in school girls used to cut holes in their woolen school uniform jumpers to make thumb holes!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Time to do a little thinking

12 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength November 19, 2012 at 9:55 am

Looks like you guys had such a great time! Love the clothes…my husband is actually heading down there tomorrow to do some shopping. :)
Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength recently posted..Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain

13 Caitlin November 19, 2012 at 10:08 am

I just LOOOOVE that warm up top. I saw Julie wearing it on Saturday and was like oooohhh… pretty. Hahaha and the thumbholes really are so cute! I love my Flex Fusion sneakers from HLS. They’re definitely my favorite pair of Reeboks that I own! I am dying to try the Crossfit shoes. YES the hot pink is just so adorable! I’m such a marketing nerd so when we went to Reebok last May I was pumped to be in a focus group. Glad you got to be in another one!
Caitlin recently posted..Sprigs Earbags: A Family Review and Giveaway!

14 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life November 19, 2012 at 10:16 am

Looks like you had a great time and learned a lot about Reebok’s offerings. To be honest, Reebok has never been the first brand to jump in my mind when I think cute and fashionable work out gear. However, after checking out the pieces you received, I was proven totally wrong! I am obsessed with the outfit that has the red top.. So so cute! When I buy work out wear, I look for comfy, flattering pieces that smooth where needed without cutting off my circulation! :) I agree, wide waist bands are the best!

15 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 19, 2012 at 10:16 am

You are really rocking the aviator sunglasses look. I am a firm believer that only certain people can pull off that look, and I am probably just not one of them! haha …jealous!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..The Triple B: Black Bean Burgers

16 Yellow Haired Girl November 19, 2012 at 10:20 am

Thumb holes = WIN!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..By The Numbers

17 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian November 19, 2012 at 10:32 am

Your cat looks just like mine who also loves to sit inside boxes and suitcases plus on top of bags! I look for bright colors or classic black items for working out that are fitted (nothing worse than getting tangled in your clothes during a workout!).
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Meatless Monday Superfood Chili

18 Linz @ Itz Linz November 19, 2012 at 10:41 am

this looks awesome! reebok rocks!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Vlog: New Workout Routine

19 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 19, 2012 at 10:44 am

Looks like so much fun, I’m jeaous! For fitness clothes I look for mostly comfort but also cuteness! If I like the clothes I’m wearing, I’ll want to wear them, therefore I will want to workout!

Also, with the winter season I look for things that will keep me warm as well.

20 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 19, 2012 at 10:54 am

First thing I look for in fitness clothes is that they fit! I hate when it’s to snug on my stomach! If I wear a tank I don’t want a muffin top! lol
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Jamming Away

21 Danielle November 19, 2012 at 10:55 am

Wow! Looks like you had a great time. I love that the shirt has thumb holes
Danielle recently posted..Special Delivery

22 Kerry @ Totes My Oats November 19, 2012 at 11:07 am

What an amazing experience! I am always looking for shirts that do not ride up while exercising… there’s nothing worse than that!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Getting Those Healthy Fats

23 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife November 19, 2012 at 11:30 am

this sounds like a great opportunity that you had! I love the travel workout cards and all of the clothing! I’ve become a big fan of reebok!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..#MIMM Jam Packed Weekend

24 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona November 19, 2012 at 11:33 am

Thumb holes are the best! We have at least 6 months of winter here every year, so thumb holes are great when it’s cold out.
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..Weekend in Review

25 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 19, 2012 at 11:40 am

Love all the clothes; so cute!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Disappearing Act

26 Fizz @ fizzsbizz.com November 19, 2012 at 11:46 am

In terms of tops, I don’t really mind all that much. As long as they’re comfortable and flattering! What I really struggle with is the bottoms! I like my tights to be a bit thicker material with a nice mid-height thick waist band. Being shorter it drives me crazy when the smaller sizes don’t mean that the pants are also shorter. I hate having to either bunch them in the ankles or around the crotch (not a pretty sight!). It’s so great that by the sound of it reebok was really receptive to all of your thoughts and concerns, they really sound like an awesome company!
Fizz @ fizzsbizz.com recently posted..Half Moon Bay, Adventure Day!

27 michelle kim November 19, 2012 at 12:01 pm

In bottoms, I like ones with some kind of pocket (whether an small key pocket or roomier side pockets). It helps when I need to stash some things during a run.
michelle kim recently posted..Men’s Health Urbanathlon Recap

28 Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails November 19, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Your trip looks like it was awesome! I have always thought of Nike and Adidas as the “big dogs” of fitness so to speak but it looks like Reebok is really stepping it up. They also look like a great employer- I wish my office had a Crossfit box! I am loving all the gear that you got, my Christmas wish list may have just gotten a little longer :)
Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..10 Questions Survey

29 Shannon November 19, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Sounds like it was a fun time! I look for comfort in fitness clothing. If it’s not comfy, I don’t want to buy it.

30 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries November 19, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Those travel workout cards are AWESOME! When I visit my family in Florida or am on the road for work I find it hard to balance eating out with getting my workouts in that I need – these would be a great idea of something to carry along!
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Surprise Flight Home

31 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 19, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I mostly look for fit. I want to feel comfortable and confident when I’m working out, and for me, that means finding clothes that fit properly! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..20 Weeks … and a trip down memory lane.

32 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire November 19, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I love pants/shorts with thicker waistbands-the small ones just feel uncomfortable and I find myself pulling them too much. Also, I love tanks that are stretchy and long-I have a loooooong torso, so I like when my tanks actually fit. And of course, sports bras that offer a little shape are always nice, especially for those of us with a smaller chest ;) I love your new Reebok gear!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Running With Bentley

33 Elizabeth November 19, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Looks like another great day at Reebok HQ! I love the 1/4 zip – picked one of them up earlier this year and practically live in it. We missed you this weekend – hope all is well, girl!
Elizabeth recently posted..Today: Our wedding Mass.

34 Emily T. November 19, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I’m really intrigued by the CrossFit shoes, but I am definitely waiting until they become available in my local Reebok store so I can get a better look at them. From looking at your pictures of your new Reebok gear, though, I want to either head over there now or sit on their website and look through everything all day!

I’m glad you had such a great time!

35 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 19, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I would love to visit the Reebok Headquarters someday. It sounds like such a cool experience!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..The Weekend

36 Kat November 19, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Those threads look amazing! Reebok shoes are definitely only trial list!
Kat recently posted..Women’s Half – Part 2: THEE race!

37 Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit November 19, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Love the travel workout cards & all the cute and comfy gear! Looks like it was an incredible experience. :D
Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit recently posted..Ultimate Oldies Strength Training / Weightlifting Playlist

38 Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie November 19, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I love all your outfits! How awesome you got to participate in a focus group with them, I would love to be able to do that!
Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie recently posted..A Weekend with Family

39 Bek @ Crave November 20, 2012 at 12:07 am

I’m going to sound totally materialistic here but I usually look for the design and bold colours first with gear and then test it for comfortability etc. Thanks for sharing the experience! Sounds so amazing!!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Overtraining