No Equipment Needed Travel Workout

by Courtney on November 19, 2012

Who’s ready for a workout?!

Lately, I’ve been taking most of my weekends off from extra exercise. It’s been great, and it even makes Monday’s workouts that much more enjoyable. Anyone else with me on that one?

Today, I completed about 50 minutes of random walking intervals on the treadmill, followed by a quick upper body circuit, and it felt great.

My arms and inner thighs are actually still sore from Friday’s WOD, so I was feelin’ the burn pretty quickly today. Winking smile

Since I covered a good amount of cardio and upper body today, I’m actually looking forward to another fun workout that I have planned for later in the week…most likely tomorrow. Check it out!

No Equipment Needed Travel Workout

While I was at Reebok on Friday, I came across some travel workout cards and had to snag a couple. I looked for ones that I knew I’d be able to a) do at home, and b) modify if needed for myself.

Even though this particular workout is “for time,” I’m not planning on going crazy with it. In fact, I think it’ll just be a fun way to break up the usual workouts with something new.

For those of you who may not be familiar with the format, you will complete 10 rounds of the three exercises listed (push-ups and sit-ups are fairly well known, but if you’re unsure of an air squat, click here). Record your time, and then work on decreasing the amount of time it takes you to complete everything the next go ‘round.

As with any exercise, always check with a doc first, but also remember that just because you’re working “against the clock” in this type of workout, make sure that you’re not compromising form. Quality ALWAYS trumps quantity!

Good luck and have fun! Smile

1 Khushboo November 19, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Love this- quick yet efficient! Thanks, Courtney!
Khushboo recently posted..Hanging over

2 Danica @ It's Progression November 19, 2012 at 1:24 pm

We travel a lot over the holidays (including this coming weekend) so workouts like this are exactly what I need–quick and effective. Thanks!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..pics from the weekend: new furniture and a Christmas tree

3 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife November 19, 2012 at 1:34 pm

great workout! I love the traveling wod idea!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..Roasted Vegetables

4 Sarah November 19, 2012 at 1:36 pm

This is great! A nice fast workout that really targets certain muscles. I’ll have to try that when I’m unable to get a run in one day :)
Sarah recently posted..Win a race, Win a Turkey

5 lyric November 19, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Looks like I’m going to have to give this a try right now!
lyric recently posted..Swale Rock for Brunch please

6 Kerry @ Totes My Oats November 19, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Thanks for this! I will be traveling for Thanksgiving and I have a feeling I will be doing this!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Getting Those Healthy Fats

7 Brandi November 19, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Great workout Courtney! Thanks for sharing!
Brandi recently posted..Be Yourself.

8 Kaylie November 19, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Air Squats are brutal! Thanks for the workout- I am always looking for workouts to take with me when I travel. I love the Crossfit concept of improving your time because it makes for a more efficient workout!
Kaylie recently posted..#MIMM Pain-Free Running!

9 Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 19, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Great looking workout! I love the fast, simple, but effective stuff.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Aiming for Normal

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 19, 2012 at 2:24 pm

This looks great! Easy peasy yet challenging.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday / Lord Huron & my BLENDS!

11 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction November 19, 2012 at 2:40 pm

What channel is your Yoga / workouts on demand for Time Warner? I know I asked before but I cannot remember what channel it was.
Thanks
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Monday Weigh In

12 Courtney November 19, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I belieeeeeeeeeve it’s 1074.

13 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction November 19, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Thanks!
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Monday Weigh In

14 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 19, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I like that this sounds easy, yet challenging. I imagine that after 10 rounds of these exercises you would definitely be feeling the burn!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..The Triple B: Black Bean Burgers

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 19, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I love this. Especially since there will be lots of traveling in my near future!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..A Birthday Wish

16 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie November 19, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I like this! I am definitely going to try for time. Thanks!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Hot & Sweet Crock Pot Meatballs

17 Lisa November 19, 2012 at 3:37 pm

This looks perfect for those days when you don’t want to leave the house because of the nasty weather:) Which is a lot lately. I’ve also been taking the weekends off, it’s nice to have that break and I’m less stressed about it in general.

18 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 19, 2012 at 4:17 pm

10 rounds my arms would be burning :) Great hotel workout! I always take Sunday’s as my rest day and feel fantastic hitting up a long run on a Monday morning then!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..An impromptu meal

19 Lydia November 19, 2012 at 4:20 pm

What a great yet simple workout!! Thanks for sharing :)
Lydia recently posted..Up and Coming

20 Haley S November 19, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I just bought Trader Joe’s Cats by your recommendation! Mmmmm(:

21 Clare November 19, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Love this! Seems so simple, but I bet it’s a killer ;)
Clare recently posted..Pecan Date Cookies {no-bake}

22 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian November 19, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I love workouts like this for my dorm room…I have created several and do them 2-3 times a week to break up the running and gym routine.
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Meatless Monday Superfood Chili

23 Tara Deal | Treble in the Kitchen November 20, 2012 at 5:10 am

Those workouts for time…Love them, but they are KILLER!!

24 Bek @ Crave November 20, 2012 at 10:24 pm

That sounds fun! I never usually aim for time in workouts, but you’re right it would be something new to spice up the old workout routine ;) I agree form and technique is still important to maintain!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Quinoa Patties