Like, Today.

by Courtney on November 20, 2012

Two more days until Thanksgivinggggg…who else is as psyched as I am?!?! I’m supposed to bring something over to my parents’ house for dessert (no, I’m not hosting this year, and that’s a-okay with me!) but I can’t decide what to make. I’m really the only fan of pumpkin pie (crazy, I know, right?) so I’ve got to think of something else. Anyone have any ideas or tried and true favorites?

So yesterday was a really great day. Jay and I met up with my in-laws for dinner to celebrate my FIL’s birthday and I had the most amazing filet mignon. I also got a super fun package in the mail filled with all sorts of Trader Joe’s goodies.

The package came from my good friend, Shayla, who lives all the way on the opposite side of the country. Although Shayla and I have never met in person, we’ve been in touch for probably almost two years through blogging and really got closer this past year.

I could not BELIEVE this package when I opened it up…I mean, seriously. It’s filled with basically all of my favorite TJ’s goodies, including not one, but TWO jars of cookie butter.

Squeeeeel! Thank you so much, Shayla. You are the BEST!

*****

Even though I really just wanted to dip my new cat cookies (they’re at the bottom of that bag!) into cookie butter for breakfast, I withheld on that. For now.

Instead, I had a whole wheat English muffin, half with PB&J, half with PB & banana, plus a clementine. Not cookie butter, but not too shabby.

I picked up a crate of these over the weekend since they were on sale for $3.99, and they’ve been really good so far. Minus the ones with the random seeds though…hate that.

So, another thing I picked up at the store about two weeks ago? This butternut squash.

Every time I go to make something with it, I wind up changing my mind. I really think I want to make a soup out of it, but I need a good recipe (preferably one that isn’t “curry” anything). Then again, I have seen some interesting pasta dishes with it too.

Do any of you have any awesome butternut squash recipes that you love? If so, feel free to share! I need to use up this bad boy, like, today. Winking smile

1 Blogging Runner November 20, 2012 at 8:58 am

I need to know more about this cookie butter, I’ve never heard about it before! :)
Blogging Runner recently posted..Avoiding the Gym And A Great Cause

2 Rochelle November 20, 2012 at 12:57 pm

OMG, the cookie butter is amazing! Go to TJ’s and ask about it…they will point you in the right direction

3 Blogging Runner November 20, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Now I have to try it, but I’m scared I may like it WAY too much!
Blogging Runner recently posted..Avoiding The Gym And A Great Cause

4 Kate @ Run with Kate November 20, 2012 at 7:15 pm

It may become your new favorite thing. You’ve been warned. It’s pretty amazing!

5 Blogging Runner November 24, 2012 at 8:40 am

I’ll be at TJ’s today and I have to get some! Can’t wait!
Blogging Runner recently posted..Some Biking and Flirting 102

6 alyssa - life a la wife November 20, 2012 at 8:59 am

I highly suggest you making brown eyed bakers butternut squash mac n cheese recipe :)
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..It’s a….

7 Marisa November 20, 2012 at 9:00 am

Best dessert I’ve made, and ALWAYS comes out amazing is called Almost Famous Pumpkin Cheesecake. You can google it- I believe its on the foodnetwork website as well. Amazing amazing amazing. People RAVE about it. Especially when I whip up some whipped cream on the spot to dollop on top :) Enjoy!

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 20, 2012 at 9:02 am

Do they like pumpkin, but just not pumpkin pie? Because if so, I am telling you, Paula Deen’s pumpkin gooey butter cake is the best thing EVER. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pumpkin-gooey-butter-cakes-recipe/index.html

Trust me on this one! ;) I also have a caramel apple cheesecake on my blog that is really easy and always a crowd favorite!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..20 Weeks … and a trip down memory lane.

9 Sarah C November 20, 2012 at 10:01 am

I make Paula Deen’s Pumkin Gooey Butter Cake every Thanksgiving! My family wouldn’t let me in the door if I showed up without it :-)

10 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 20, 2012 at 9:03 am

I made butternut squash stuffed shells with a lemon sage butter sauce. It’s so good! I found it on Pinterest and it turned out wonderfully! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Plain & Fancy Farm in Lancaster & Dating Anniversary Weekend!…

11 Rachel@Running Daze November 20, 2012 at 9:07 am

I’ll be curious to see what recipe you find for the butternut squash. The last time I cook with squash was your stuffed spaghetti squash recipe which is amazing by the way!

12 Annie November 20, 2012 at 9:08 am

I just cut it in wedges & roast it (skin on). Healthy fries, yum!

13 Haley S November 20, 2012 at 9:08 am

I just bought a Butternut Squash yesterday! I’m making IowaGirlEat’s Butternot Squash Mac and Cheese!

14 Khushboo November 20, 2012 at 9:08 am

Stuffed butternut squash is always a win! And if all fails, you can’t beat roasted butternut squash with PB & cottage cheese!

15 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats November 20, 2012 at 9:08 am

I have that same problem with butternut squash!! I like it fine just roasted, but I always want to make something creative with it. One of my favorite butternut squash recipes is cheesy enchiladas (http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/11/butternut-squash-enchiladas/). I also really like this soup (http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/soups/butternut-squash-soup-with-gruyere-toasts/) but it does have some curry in it. You can’t taste it much though!!
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..Jack’s Second Birthday!

16 lisa fine November 20, 2012 at 9:11 am

Do they like pecan pie? Cause you could do a CHOCOLATE pecan pie. I’m sure if you Googled it, you’d find a recipe. My aunt makes this at Thanksgiving, and it’s to die for.
lisa fine recently posted..for the love of red hen bakery

17 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 20, 2012 at 9:15 am

One of my all-time favorite desserts are scotcheroos…you can never go wrong with those!

I just made butternut squash mac and cheese (the post should be linked below) and it was really good! Definitely a fun way to eat one of my favorite squashes.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese

18 JJ November 20, 2012 at 9:16 am

Yes, Iowa girl eats squash Mac and cheese!!

19 Emma and Malia November 20, 2012 at 9:21 am

AH the Trader Joe’s cat cookies are the best!! I have just added the chocolate ones to my weekly grocery run…. though the ginger and vanilla flavors always call my name, too. Which did Shayla send you?

Emma
Emma and Malia recently posted..5th Gen iTouch – Worth It!

20 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie November 20, 2012 at 9:21 am

I would love to get a bag of TJ goodies, that is so sweet!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Crock Pot Recipe #2

21 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 20, 2012 at 9:22 am

I used half for Jess’s browned butter mac & cheese and made these muffins with the other half: http://www.clairetherd.com/healthy-butternut-squash-muffins-bff/
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Marvelous Miscellaneous Monday

22 Amanda B. November 20, 2012 at 9:22 am

I pinned this one a while ago and have been wanting to make it:
Amanda B. recently posted..Cats on a Saturday Night

23 Angela @ Health's Angel November 20, 2012 at 9:26 am

Jessica’s Butternut Squash Shells are to die for. So, so good! I can’t seem to get enough squash this fall. :)
How are you THE ONLY one who likes pumpkin pie? Craziness. Sounds a bit like my family. ;) I think only three of us like it…
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Cube Life = Healthy Life?

24 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 20, 2012 at 9:27 am

I bought cookie butter and cat cookies when I was at TJ’s for the first time last week…I have no words for good those are. Both on their own and combined :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..FreEDom: Back to Normal.

25 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness November 20, 2012 at 9:27 am

I love to roast my butternut squash in coconut oil and cinnamon. Then I toss it with baby spinach and dried unsweetened cranberries!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Peppermint Chocolate Cupcake for One

26 Melanie November 20, 2012 at 9:27 am

This isn’t a soup recipe for butternut squash but I did make some awesome nachos using one! It’s a little putzy but definitely a fun way to use it up! http://www.beautifullynutty.com/na-cho-average-nachos/
Melanie recently posted..Birthday in Atlanta

27 Nicole November 20, 2012 at 9:29 am

Oh yum! One of my favorite fall-back recipes is from last year’s Cooking Light magazine – its a creamy, lightened up version of mac and cheese, but uses pureed butternut squash in place of the loads of heavy cream and butter. Check it out – awesome! http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/recipe-makeovers/light-macaroni-cheese-00412000072555/

Also, I was told to bring a dessert to our Thanksgiving meal too. I usually go with some sort of cookie or cake, but this year I found a recipe for Pumpkin Bread Pudding and I’m going to give it a whirl! I thought it looked SO good, and totally different than most desserts I gravitate toward :)

28 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat November 20, 2012 at 9:30 am

My mother in law makes an amazing butternut squash lasagna-it is to die for! Unfortunately I don’t have the recipe but I bet you could google a good one!
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Tough Mudder 2012 Recap

29 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 20, 2012 at 9:30 am

Awww I just LOVE Shayla!! Isn’t she the best?!?!

I’ve seen all sorts of delicious looking pasta recipes out there lately using butternut squash, but I’ve only ever tried Oh She Glows Mac & Cheese which was very good! I just love chopping it up, tossing it in olive oil, cinnamon, salt & pepper, and roasting it! It makes a delicious side for dinner or you can throw it in salads.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Week 20: Half Way There!

30 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete November 20, 2012 at 9:30 am

Though I don’t have any specific recipes to suggest, I definitely would vote for either a soup or pasta. I’d have both in the past they are two of my favorite squash creations :) I should probably do some research & make some myself now that I think of it!
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Skinnygirl Workout & Elf for Health Challenge

31 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 20, 2012 at 9:32 am

My mom makes an awesome butternut squash soup! It’s not that difficult either!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Rebel Race Recap

32 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced November 20, 2012 at 9:34 am

That cookiebutter is dangerous!! I had a jar once and it was gone within a couple of days! That is such a nice gift for her to send! ;)
Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Ragnar Legs

33 Carissa November 20, 2012 at 9:34 am

I love this Squash Feta Casserole recipe around the holidays. It call for acorn squash, but I don’t see why you couldn’t do it with butternut squash?

34 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 20, 2012 at 9:36 am

I love butternut squash. I basically eat it by itself, no special recipe. Just cook it in simmering water like potatoes, mash it up with some butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and you’re done. It’s a delicious side dish for Thanksgiving, my family makes it every year!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Holiday Favorites Survey

35 sarah November 20, 2012 at 9:38 am

I’m not much of a pie person ( I know, Gasp! ), the only pie that I have come across that I like is chocolate cream pie. It’s so easy, graham cracker crust with chocolate pudding, let it sit in the fridge to cool-delish :)

36 briana November 20, 2012 at 9:44 am

I just made the most delicious pasta with roasted butternut squash last night. All you do is roast the squash for 20 minutes, cook up some angel hair pasta, cook some spicy turkey sausage, and make a cheese sauce out of laughing cow, a bit of flour and milk. Mix it all together and it is so delicious!

37 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life November 20, 2012 at 9:45 am

My favorite way to eat butternut squash is very very simple! I just like it roasted with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Then just cube it and serve it with a side of ketchup. It fulfills my salt cravings perfectly :)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Pecan Pie…Cookies?

38 Calie November 20, 2012 at 9:45 am

Also bringing dessert and we’re rolling with a coconut custard pie! Something different!

39 Karla November 20, 2012 at 9:52 am

I also need to come up with a dessert to take to my moms. Can’t wait to hear what u decide. I have a Carmel apple pie, a chocolate fudge pie, a snickers cheesecake and a pumpkin cheesecake oh and a pumpkin bread with cream cheese filling pinned. Obviously I have no idea!
Karla recently posted..Rewire my brain

40 Tori K November 20, 2012 at 9:53 am

Our family always makes a Rum Cake for dessert, and its sooooo good! Highly recommend it : ) http://baking.about.com/od/bundtcakes/r/bacardirum.htm And As for the butternut squash, Oh She Glows has a really delicious mac & cheese recipe for it!

41 Christy November 20, 2012 at 9:55 am

This is by far my favorite squash recipe – not sure how it would work with Butternut but may be worth a try:

42 Christina November 20, 2012 at 9:58 am

I personally like it roasted with some cinnamon and brown sugar and then you add craisins at the end =) or you can mash it up like sweet potatoes. It is also great to toss in salads if you have leftovers.

43 Laura November 20, 2012 at 10:03 am

Ina Garten’s squash is hands down my favorite meal in the entire world. Also, the easiest! Soooo recommend to you or anyone looking for a good Thanksgiving sidedish. It makes up 90 percent of my plate on Thanksgiving.

Recipe:

1 large butternut squash
1 head garlic separated but not peeled
2 Tbsp. good olive oil
2 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces thinly sliced pancetta chopped
16 whole fresh sage leaves
French bread for serving
Directions
Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and seed butternut squash and then cut into 3/4- to 1-inch cubes. Place squash and whole unpeeled garlic cloves in a baking dish or sheet pan large enough to hold them all in one layer. Toss with olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until squash begins to brown, turning once during baking.

Sprinkle pancetta and sage leaves evenly over squash and continue to bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, until squash and garlic are tender and caramelized. Season to taste and serve hot with French bread for guests to spread with the roasted garlic.

44 Kristin November 20, 2012 at 10:12 am

If they like Pumpkin just not the pie I make a delicious dessert every year called Pumpkin Crunch…kind of like a yummy pumpkin cake.

45 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 20, 2012 at 10:15 am

I’m actually not a huge fan or pumpkin pie either, but you could always go for a pecan or apple pie. As for the butternut squash, I tried a lasagna recipe from Clean Eating that was absolutely amazing. A little bit of work, but so worth it http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Butternut-Squash-Lasagna-with-Caramelized-Onions-Walnuts.aspx
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... my perfect, less-than-perfect diet .

46 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance November 20, 2012 at 10:18 am

Best and easiest way to eat butternut squash: as fries!!! Here’s a post I did about it if you’re interested in checking it out: http://eatmovebalance.com/butternut-squash-fries/
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Crockpot Fajitas

47 Courtney November 20, 2012 at 10:24 am

I loooooove butternut squash! The hard part is cutting it without losing a finge! I just roast cut up pieces with olive oil, salt & pepper till they are golden brown and tender. Then I eat them all since my boyfriend won’t touch them! Good with ketchup too- like healthy homefries almost.

48 Amanda November 20, 2012 at 10:36 am
49 Shanna, like Banana November 20, 2012 at 10:40 am

Awww Shayla rocks! She is one of the sweetest girls I know. She told me you connected and I’m so glad you did.

BTW, I’m also beyond excited for Tday. I’m making a pumpkin pie to eat all by myself. Not lying ;)
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Weekend FAIL

50 lyric November 20, 2012 at 10:41 am

I love oh she glows black bean and butternut squash burritos! They sound really weird but there really good!
lyric recently posted..Swale Rock for Brunch please

51 Tierney @ Notyouraveragefoodie November 20, 2012 at 10:45 am

This is the pie I’m gonna make… http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/rustic_berry_tart.html

I know it says tart but just make it with a top for pie. I also might sub some of the whole wheat flour for regular so its a little lighter.

52 Sarah November 20, 2012 at 10:47 am

I want to try cookie butter so badly! But at the same time I don’t want to because I know I’d become obsessed with it and go through way too many jars in one day. So maybe I don’t want to try it…
Sarah recently posted..Well that was awkward…

53 Renee November 20, 2012 at 10:56 am

I just got a bunch of Trader Joe’s goods from my foodie pen pal this month…sad confession I’ve never been to one. I bet that cookie butter is fabulous! What a great friend.
Renee recently posted..Glitter Girly Glam

54 Alysia @ Slim Sanity November 20, 2012 at 11:00 am

I like to boil it with onion and garlic, puree, and season with cumin!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..on the kindle

55 Rachel November 20, 2012 at 11:01 am

yes yes yes!! garlic butternut squash is my favorite!!!

Basically just squash, olive oil, chopped garlic.. bake in oven… delish :)
Rachel recently posted..Lucky Number 287

56 kim@hungryhealthygirl November 20, 2012 at 11:09 am
57 Tina November 20, 2012 at 11:18 am

Courtney, I’m making these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf3bNdd38hQ It’s a mini pumpkin cheesecake…looks yummy!
Tina recently posted..Bad Week

58 Shana November 20, 2012 at 11:39 am

Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
1 large butternut squash
1 large onion, sliced
1 large apple, diced
2 cups apple cider
1-2 cups water or broth
1 tablespoon olive oil, for sautéing
Salt + Pepper, to taste

Prepare butternut squash by halving, seeding, and roasting in a 425 degree oven until super tender (or microwave). Remove skin and set flesh aside.
Cook onion in a pan until translucent. Add diced apple and cook until soft. Puree apples, onions, and cooked squash. Return to pan and add cider and enough water (or broth) until desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste. This is super good served with beer bread made with your favorite pumpkin ale.
Shana recently posted..Sweet and Sour

59 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 20, 2012 at 11:51 am

I/ with you with the butternit squash! I have one on my counter for two weeks and everytime I think, I’ll make this with it, I say nah! So there it sits waiting to be used! I usually end up roasting it and then adding it to salads, as a side dish or on top of pizza! When it’s roasted it’s so versatile, plus I grab a few pieces of it for a quick snack! I love it!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Lemon Rosemary Balsamic Roasted Chicken / Turkey Cooking Guidelines

60 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 20, 2012 at 11:51 am

Sorry for they typos I hit enter to quick!

61 Nicole November 20, 2012 at 11:52 am

Say hello to a great pumpkin pie alternative: PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE!!

Really good with Cool Whip and it doesn’t have that “custard-y” / “flan-y” texture of pumpkin pie.

If all else fails, I’m sure one of your outstanding cupcakes wouldn’t disappoint!!
Nicole recently posted..What I love today….Kashi Go Lean

62 Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife November 20, 2012 at 11:59 am

Butternut squash macaroni and cheese is pretty much a revelation. Oh She Glows has a vegan version, and I have a traditional version on my blog that is pretty delicious if I do say so myself.
Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife recently posted..Meal Plan Monday: The Week of the Turkey

63 Ashlee November 20, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I love butternut and spaghetti squash because they last forever!! Apples too. My favorite comfort food is butternut squash mac n cheese. You won’t be disappointed!!
Ashlee recently posted..Totally Dooped + Broken Ribs

64 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige November 20, 2012 at 12:35 pm

What an awesome package! Such a sweetie :)
And my vote’s for apple pie! Or chocolate pie. Just pie!
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..“Your Form Looks Horrible!” Or, 5 Ways to a Better Overhead Squat

65 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 20, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Oh my gosh! I finally got to go to a Trader Joe’s yesterday, and I picked up a jar of cookie butter. My life is forever changed!!!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..The Holidays Are Upon Us!

66 Natalie November 20, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Last week my sister and I made a delicious butternut squash lasagna!! It was Giada De Laurentis and it was to die for, we added sliced tomatoes and spinach to it for a little extra something and it was awesome! The recipe is here:

67 Sarah November 20, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I had an amazing butternut squash apple soup from Whole Foods the other day. Not sure if the recipe could be found online but it was perfect for fall!

68 Rochelle November 20, 2012 at 1:02 pm

For Thanksgiving, I’m in the same boat as you! I’m going to the boyfriend’s family’s house for the meal, and they requested that I bring dessert; anything except pumpkin pie. Okay…?

So, I decided to make a sampler plate, filled with a bunch of different goodies, since I don’t know what everyone likes, yet. Plus, there will be kids, and we all know that kids can be finicky eaters. I am making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, mini apple cider cupcakes with apple cider cream cheese frosting (yes, YOUR recipe), and I found a chocolate chip cookie brownie recipe that I’m going to make, and of course some jello jigglers, and ummm, I’m drawing a blank. I know there was something else, but I just can’t think of it right now. Anyway, maybe you could also make a sampler plate of your favorite desserts, and everyone can pick what they want.

69 Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat November 20, 2012 at 1:06 pm

my boyfriend makes a mean butternut apple soup– It’s pretty much roasted butternut squash, apple, and chicken broth – then puree! I could live off the stuff. I also tried the butternut squash mac & cheese from cooking light – and it was yummy!
Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat recently posted..Gobble Gobble ‘Til You Wobble…

70 Sarah November 20, 2012 at 1:08 pm
71 Annette@FitnessPerks November 20, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I gotta try that cookie butter!!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Becoming a Les Mills Instructor

72 Andrea November 20, 2012 at 1:54 pm

This is my favorite butternut squash soup recipe. It sounds simple, but it tastes SO GOOD.

73 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio November 20, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I really love butternut squash mac and cheese!! http://www.coffeecakeandcardio.com/2011/10/04/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Reebok Crossfit One

74 Jill November 20, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I always make this Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake- It’s pretty easy and AMAZING.

75 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian November 20, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I love the combo of butternut squash, kale, and crushed tomatoes. But you could always use it in place of a sweet potato or pumpkin in any other recipe you like/have ingredients for.
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Bodyweight 1200 Workout

76 christy November 20, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Do they like pumpkin stuff? If so Libby’s pumpkin roll is awesome! If the recipe is not on the can of pumpkin anymore I’m sure it is on the website… always a huge hit with my family!!

77 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna November 20, 2012 at 2:32 pm

that trader joe’s bag of goodies looks so awesome! you have some pretty cool friends :)

i am so excited for thanksgiving – i am going home for the first time since i’ve been away at college! my birthday is also the day after so basically this whole upcoming weekend is going to be fantastic.
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..One Day.

78 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I love butternut squash! Simply roasted with apple served with toasted pecans tossed in a little olive oil and black pepper it’s amazing! Here’s a link to all my favourites – soups, salads..the tahini squash chickpea salad on their is firm favourite! http://peachypalate.com/recipage/?search_term=butternut%20squash&ui=882
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..A creamy coconut bowl

79 Erin November 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I love making this Butternut Squash “Lasagna” for dinner. It’s soooo good and really easy.
Erin recently posted..Burgundy and Navy: Fall for a Touch of Lace

80 Stephanie Wilson November 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Hi Courtney! Wow, so happy to have found your blog-and just in time for Thanksgiving! I am also making dessert for our Thanksgiving, and while it does have pumpkin as part of the ingredients, it does not taste like pumpkin pie, so it is a Thanksgiving crowd pleaser! I am making Apple-Pumpkin Bars with Buttery Caramel Frosting. Sounds over-indulgent, but they are actually pretty healthy. They are also completely free of the top 8 food allergens and gluten free! You can get the recipe at my blog, or I would be happy to e-mail it to you! No matter what dessert you decide to make, I hope you have a great time and a relaxing holiday!
Stephanie Wilson recently posted..Apple Pumpkin Bars with Buttery Caramel Frosting

81 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength November 20, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I never make anything creative with it either, but I should! I will have to go through and look at some of these comments myself! I usually just roast it and eat it or put it on salad after I roast it. Delicious!
Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength recently posted..Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain

82 Chantelle @ A Tale of Two Pretties November 20, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. TJ’s cookie butter. Don’t even get me started! So insanely jealous of you, since I recently moved to Boulder where there is NO Trader Joe’s. Enjoy it for me, too!

83 Lisa November 20, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Awe, what a sweet and generous package! Friends are the best! I just made a chili with butternut squash it was amazing!
Lisa recently posted..It’s The Little Things

84 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections November 20, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Your friend is so good to you! I have seriously thought of doing this for others who don’t have TJ’s near them. I lived in Colorado for a long time and was TJ deprived. Now that one is near me, it’s all I eat sometimes. I love those cat cookies! All their cookies, really… I have yet to try the cookie butter, but based on your reaction, I think I’ll pick some up next time.
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Creative Ways to Love Yourself

85 Ellie@Fit for the Soul November 20, 2012 at 4:10 pm

what a sweet bag of goodies, for reals! :D And butternut squash is really good in casserole or risotto type dishes! Ohhhhh and the best is when it’s made as the filling inside ravioli. oh my.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Out of the Norm

86 Katie November 20, 2012 at 5:03 pm

This is my favorite butternut squash recipe – no curry and it’s a soup!

87 Lauren November 20, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I gave up on buying the whole squash awhile ago in fear of loosing a hand in the cutting process. THe pre-cut is just so darn convenient, even if it is an extra dollar. :)
Lauren recently posted..Chicago Weekend {The Food and Film Festival}

88 Shayla November 20, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Awwwww you’re so welcome lovely!!!!!!! I hope you enjoy them all and I’m so very happy we’ve stayed in touch and could not be more happy to be here for you friend – even though we’re 3,000 miles away but I’m making it my mission we meet someday!! ;) Love ya girl :) xoxo

89 Shelly November 20, 2012 at 5:16 pm

So many good recipes people have left! I gotta try the mac & cheese. I personally love butternut squash and quinoa. You simply roast the butternut squash then mix it with some cooked quinoa and melt Parmesan cheese into it. It’s delightful!
Shelly recently posted..The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

90 JenA November 20, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I made a butternut squash soup in the crock pot with chicken stock, sauteed onions, a pinch of cayenne and added cream cheese at the end. The only thing I would have done differently was to blend the cream cheese with everything rather than just adding it after blending. I’ll probably never make it again though, those squashes are TOUGH to break down. I almost broke my knife! It came out really tasty though, nice and creamy :)

91 Bek @ Crave November 20, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Hmmm maybe choc lava cakes? A different flavoured pie? Cheesecake? Ice-cream cake? Trifle? Cupcakes ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Quinoa Patties

92 meredith November 21, 2012 at 4:53 am

It’s just not Thanksgiving without a Peanut Butter Pie in an Oreo or Graham Cracker crust in my house!
Wish I had a) someone to send me TJ’s goodies or b) had a TJ’s closer then 8 hrs away :(