Flourless Milk Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies

by Courtney on December 6, 2012

Remember theeeeeeese guys from last week?

Man, I miss them. They were GOOD. And they also had a special, star ingredient: Smart Balance Rich Roast Creamy Peanut Butter.

I was selected to participate in a campaign this month through FitFluential, and was encouraged to try creating some fun holiday recipes using Smart Balance products. In addition to the peanut butter, I was also sent the Butter and Canola Oil Blend and Blended Butter Sticks.

I actually used the butter sticks in the saltine toffee I made the other day (YUM) and I’ve also been thoroughly enjoying the spreadable butter and canola oil blend on everything from toast to sweet potatoes.

But for my main recipe, I knew I wanted to stick with the peanut butter so I put together a plan to make some killer cookies. (Fun Fact: Did you know that the peanut butter is combined with an Omega-3 oil blend, offering 320mg per serving – about 20% of your daily value of Omega-3 ALA?). Well, now you do. Winking smile

This was actually my first time trying the Smart Balance peanut butter and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I’d heard both positive and negative feedback about the PB, but I really did enjoy it. Just be prepared for some major stirrage when you first open it!

One fun fact about these cookies (in case you didn’t already catch it from the post title) is that they’re flourless. I love that…so do my countertops.

But rather than making just some regular, flourless peanut butter cookies, I decided to jazz them up a bit with two of my favorite things: pretzels and chocolate.

Not only are they easy to make, but my making them with the Smart Balance peanut butter, I felt a little less guilty after reaching for the third cookie…hey, gotta get those Omega-3’s!

Go ahead and give these cookies a try for your next holiday baking adventure. You could also easily double the batch and keep a few extra for yourself.

I won’t tell anyone. Winking smile

I know I did.

If you’re interested in checking out more of Smart Balance’s healthy seasonal recipes, check out their website by clicking here (there’s a chicken and spinach casserole recipe that sounds right up my alley!).

Happy Baking!

Disclosure: FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All opinions are my own.

1 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 6, 2012 at 2:07 pm

These sound really good! I’ve never tried a flourless cookie but I’m very intrigued.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Birthday Eats

2 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 6, 2012 at 2:09 pm

These look delicious! I’m always a fan of sweet ‘n salty. ;) I used to buy the Smart Balance Peanut Butter allll the time, and then I kinda forgot about it! I should get it back into my little peanut butter rotation!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..12/06: Thursday Thoughts

3 Megan December 6, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I might have to include these in the goodie bags I’m preparing for my coworkers as their Christmas gift. I’ll just have to leave out the pretzels to make them gluten-free. :)
Megan recently posted..Affordable Workout Clothes from P.V. Body

4 alyssa - life a la wife December 6, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I love that these are flourless! Yum :)
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..What We’ve Been Eating Lately

5 Lauren December 6, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Those cookies look incredible! Just curious if the lack of flour makes them more on the crispy or soft side?

6 Courtney December 6, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I’d say they were more on the soft side :)

7 Lisa December 6, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Um, I would kind of like to be eating these right this second. And how awesome that they are flour-less too!
Lisa recently posted..Happy Where You Are

8 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna December 6, 2012 at 2:39 pm

these look SO good! bookmarking them for the baking craze i’m going to be on as soon as i get home for christmas break!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..WIAW: 10th Week & My First Barbell Competition

9 Molly @ Happy&Healthy December 6, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I love pretzel chips! And any sweet & salty flavor combo!
Molly @ Happy&Healthy recently posted..Are You Turtley Enough for The Turtle Club?

10 Megan@funsizedfitness December 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Wow-those cookies look amazing! Add peanut butter to anything and I’ll try it!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Holiday Shopping Deals!

11 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 6, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Make sure to store that PB in the fridge as Omega’s go rancid in quickly! :) Cookie look amazing as always!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Getting to grips with the urban dictionary

12 Courtney December 6, 2012 at 3:00 pm

No worries…that jar is long gone. ;)

13 michelle kim December 6, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Pretty cool that it’s sweet and salty (with the pretzels) and no flour! They look sooo yummy. Great timing for milk and cookies (it’s been that kind of weather lately).
michelle kim recently posted..Beast Mode

14 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction December 6, 2012 at 3:07 pm

These look so yummy!!! I don’t believe they don’t have flour….love sweet and salty combos :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..NYC at Christmastime–Kleinfeld’s & More

15 Linz @ Itz Linz December 6, 2012 at 3:22 pm

these sound so good!!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Eat Healthy On A Budget

16 Kim@hungryhealthygirl December 6, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I love pretzels and chocolate together! Looks like a great recipe!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Spinach Bacon Quiche {Paleo friendly & grain/gluten free}

17 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes December 6, 2012 at 4:01 pm

These look amazing. I am also a huge fan of the sweet and salty combo!
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..Saint Nick you rock. Step up your game mall Santa.

18 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete December 6, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I always love finding recipes that are flourless! Gives me more gluten-free options where I don’t need to buy special flour or anything :) The cookies look like they are soft & chewy too – YUM!
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..First 5k of 2013

19 Missy December 6, 2012 at 4:32 pm

You need to quit posting such awesome cookie recipes so that I stop baking (and eating) them!!

20 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 6, 2012 at 4:46 pm

These seriously look SO good.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Gut Instincts

21 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian December 6, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Cute and rustic!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Almost There

22 Melanie December 6, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I once again salivated as I read this post. NUMM!
Melanie recently posted..Cauliflower Pizza Crust

23 Emily December 6, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Thank you thank you for this recipe! I have to make these cookies for my younger sister- she eats pretzels with peanut butter all the time!
Emily recently posted..Brownies for two

24 Holly December 6, 2012 at 7:09 pm

AMAZING. Do you think they would work using chocolate covered pretzels instead of chocolate and pretzels?

25 Lyric December 6, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Salty+sweet= a happy Lyric. If I win your chocolate contest, I am making these. No doubt about it.
Lyric recently posted..Thirsty

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 6, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I love you. I’m totally buying a bag of GF pretzels and making these pronto!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..blufish with a buddy

27 Casey December 6, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I can’t have gluten so you teased me when you said ‘flourless’ & then included pretzels. Still look delicious tho!

28 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 6, 2012 at 9:52 pm

These look amazing! And I absolutely LOVE that they are flourless…oh and the fact that they include pretzels, peanut butter, AND chocolate?? Awesome :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: December 5, 2012

29 Danica @ It's Progression December 6, 2012 at 10:19 pm

wow…those sound amazing! yum!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..even if it wasn’t perfect

30 TheFitGirlsDish December 7, 2012 at 2:28 am

OKAY Pretzels and chocolate are my two favorite things in this world!!! When it comes to eating clean these are the very two things I refuse to give up. Glad to see someone else with my same addictions ;)
TheFitGirlsDish recently posted..Fit is Sexy

31 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope December 7, 2012 at 7:10 am

These cookies look amazing! I love pretzel crisps, chocolate and peanut butter so all three together sounds like the perfect combination to me! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..10 Years Gone By!…

32 Brandi December 7, 2012 at 7:57 am

Can’t wait to make these!! :)
Brandi recently posted..What a Week

33 Bek @ Crave December 7, 2012 at 7:56 pm

These look great! You sure are loving the chocolate and pretzel combo lately ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..A Change From The Usual

34 Joanna @ Running Places December 8, 2012 at 1:04 am

Omg! These look amazing!!
Joanna @ Running Places recently posted..A Big Weight Loss Mistake You’re Probably Making (I Was)

35 lindsay December 8, 2012 at 7:01 am

confession. I almost ate all that peanut butter before i could bake with it. saving a little for my cookies but it’s so hard. IT’s DELICIOUS!

36 Mandee December 8, 2012 at 9:52 am

In the oven now…. Used Hershey’s special dark chips because I can never get enough of them. Andddd you can let smart balance know that I bought their PB for this! On sale and everything!
Mandee recently posted..Neon Orange Halloween Spider Cakes!