The Best Kitchen I’ve Ever Baked In

by Courtney on December 15, 2012

Well hey there, friends! Long time, no talk!

Yesterday wound up being such a busy day, that by the time I finally got back home, all I wanted to do was crash on the couch with my boys…and that’s exactly what I did.

But rewinding a bit, let me fill ya in on some key highlights from my day yesterday. Once I took care of picking up some of the paperwork at the new job, I headed over to meet up with mom and we were, once again, out for the day. Our first stop?

Breakfast

Oh. My. Lord. It was soooooo good. We decided to stop at Grandma’s, a place that I’ve visited once or twice before, and actually had part of a gift certificate to use up. I was having some real trouble deciding what to get because I sort of wanted pancakes, but I wound up ordering “Granny’s Special,” which is two eggs (scrambled), home fries, choice of meat (bacon), and toast (cinnamon swirl).

As I was ordering, the waitress said that I could still order just one side pancake if I wanted to…my rumbling tummy obviously took control over that decision. Winking smile

Everything was delicious, and I ended up eating the eggs, the pancake, a few home fries, and a slice of toast. Needless to say, I didn’t need another meal for quite some time after that one.

Mmmm…a breakfast fit for a queen!

After breakfast, mom and I headed to the mall to do a little shopping. We found some new dress clothes for me, and the two of us also made a few more Christmas purchases. I’m pretty sure I only have two or three more things to get – woo hoo!!

After shopping, the two of us made a quick pit stop to visit the little bro at work, since yesterday was his birthday.

picture from his birthday last year

We’ll be celebrating with him tonight, but it was good to be able to see him yesterday.

After that, we made a quick pit stop back at my mom’s house for about 20 minutes to crash and put our feet up before heading out. That was when we first heard of the absolutely horrific tragedy that happened in Newtown, CT. I still, honestly, am having a really hard time putting how I feel into words, so I’m not even going to try. But my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who was involved. Unbelievable.

*****

A little while later, mom and I were back out again and actually headed over to the school that she works at…for some cookie baking.

If you guys have been reading for any amount of time, then you know that mom and I always have our annual cookie baking day. Well this year, we had the opportunity to join a few other lovely ladies that work at the school and take over the school’s kitchen. I mean, how awesome would it be to be able to cook/bake in a kitchen like this everyday.

And to have these ovens? Swoooooooon.

Our baking was actually part of a cookie swap that was happening, so we each only had to make one kind of cookie.

I decided to make my favorite Snickerdoodles and my mom made the original recipe to my Toffee Chocolate Crispy Cookies.

Of course, there was also some sampling that happened while baking. Winking smile

Once everyone had finished their cookies (some were done last week), it was time to get the swap under way!

We all divided and conquered, each taking a tray of cookies and diving them on to individual trays for each participant of the swap.

Eventually, all of the trays were filled…

And I got my own delicious tray to bring home.

That’s right…they are all currently sitting on my kitchen counter, tightly wrapped up, as I type. I know I’ll dig in eventually…it’s just a matter of time. But most likely, I’ll send a majority of them into work with Jay (or myself!). Either way, not too bad a deal for only having to make one batch of cookies, right? Winking smile

*****

This afternoon, Jay and I are going to attempt to finish up our shopping, then we’re meeting up with the family for a fun birthday dinner at this fun place.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

1 Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 12:40 pm

In the words of the cookie monster: nom nom nom!!!
Khushboo recently posted..Friday Favorites: Landan Style

2 Fizz@fizzsbizz.com December 15, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Cookie heaven!!
Fizz@fizzsbizz.com recently posted..Half Moon Bay, Adventure Day!

3 Melanie December 15, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Heaven getting to bake in such a huge kitchen AND have all of those delicious cookies to take home! Very fun!
Melanie recently posted..Stress Relievers

4 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 15, 2012 at 1:25 pm

That breakfast looks SO good! And wowee, I’d have a difficult time keeping my hands off all of those cookies… I’d want to try them all! How fun!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Fancy Schmancy

5 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 15, 2012 at 1:27 pm

That food looks so delicious! It’s making me hungry!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Panna Cotta with Fresh Strawberries

6 Danica @ It's Progression December 15, 2012 at 1:35 pm

That sounds like such a fun cookie swap! I was invited to one this weekend where you had to each bring 8 dozen cookies, which seems like so much! I can’t make it to the swap, but I think I would have had a ton to bring home just like you did. ‘Tis the season :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..fun facts friday

7 Lisa December 15, 2012 at 2:06 pm

That is amazing! All those cookies are making me hungry. And that breakfast looks so dang incredible!
Lisa recently posted..Silent Saturday

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 15, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Holy cookies! I’d love to do my Christmas baking is a kitchen like that…mine’s a tad on the small side!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Don’t Stop Now.

9 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 15, 2012 at 2:20 pm

That is an epic tray of cookies! Yum!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..It’s that Take Away time of the week

10 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 15, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I feel like I haven’t talked to you forevverrrrr you busy lady!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..hug them tight

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 15, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Oh my word, I just had lunch, but that breakfast is making me hungry again! There’s nothing better than a big, hearty breakfast!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Not one, but TWO cookie recipes!

12 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian December 15, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Wow that is a lot of cookies! They look very professional too.
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Holiday Gift Guide

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 15, 2012 at 6:08 pm

YUM! I’d gladly take some cookies from that tray. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Hitting the Reset Button

14 Kim @ The Family Practice December 15, 2012 at 6:20 pm

a commercial kitchen is a dream – Nick and I took a cooking class this fall at a kitchen showroom called “Fergusons.” They have full, totally operational kitchens and let chefs come in on a weekly basis. I LOVED cooking on the gorgeous stoves and everything else, felt like I had my own cooking show. I think Fergusons is national so maybe you could find one near you. We’re in UT and I know they do this same thing in WA… NY…maybe?
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Winter Blues Buster

15 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns December 15, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Love all the cookies!! everybody wants a kitchen like that right?? i do!
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Pills, Running, and Cookies

16 Danielle December 16, 2012 at 12:22 am

Too bad you didn’t have more baking to do! i would have taken full advantage of those ovens!
Danielle recently posted..Finally Finished

17 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes December 16, 2012 at 7:42 am

Cookie bake offs are so much fun! When we’re all home for Christmas, my mom, one of my sisters, and I go all out–I’m talking eight hours straight of measuring, mixing, and “taste testing.” ;) Such a fun way to spend time together!
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 16, 2012 at 7:52 am

Yum!!! My family does a cookie swap on Christmas Eve and it’s always dangerous having those cookies around during my week of vacation between Christmas and New Years!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 35

19 Molly @ Happy&Healthy December 16, 2012 at 8:32 am

Whoa those cookies look so good! And yes, that kitchen looks wonderful, I dream of having a nice kitchen one day, or at least not an apartment kitchen ha. Have fun with your brother!
Molly @ Happy&Healthy recently posted..Liebster Questions Answered

20 Brooke @ Running In Heels December 16, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Oh my goodness.. I would die for two+ ovens. And all of that preparation space.. I love it!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..“How Lazy Can I Be?” Day

21 Lauren December 16, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Oh wow! THat is one serious cookie exchange! Lucky lucky girl!
Lauren recently posted..Friday Confessions

22 Bek @ Crave December 16, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Oh my lord, all those cookies would be way too overwhelming for me. Look soooo good! Maybe host a Christmas Cookie party? ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Natvia Condensed Milk

23 Angela December 16, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Those cookies look amazing! As did your breakfast. You really did eat like a queen! :)
Angela recently posted..Tis the Season!

24 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian December 18, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I think the Cookie Monster would be jealous of that tray!! I mean, I know I am! lol
Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..A New Chapter