Celebrating the New Job

Well hello and good morning to all of you!! How was everyone’s weekend??

Mine was good and busy; not so much busy in the sense that we were out a lot, but definitely busy in getting prepared for the week ahead. Because of that, I didn’t spend too much time at the computer, but here’s a little bit of what you may have missed…

So I’m quickly being reminded of just how much work goes in to preparing for a full (well, almost full – I have 3-1/2 days this week) work week. Especially with it being my first week, I didn’t want to have to worry at all about feeling rushed in the morning. So in an attempt to combat any last minute rushing around in the mornings, I’m planning on getting my ironing and the next day’s lunch done the night before.

Yeah, we’ll see how long this lasts…I haven’t always been great at this even when I was teaching full time.

Luckily, while I was getting some things prepared yesterday evening, my wonderful, amazing husband offered to cook us dinner. My gosh, I love that man.

I helped with a few things in preparations, but my guy took care of just about everything and mannn…he can make a mean dinner when he wants to!

We’ve discovered that one of his best dishes is our favorite, special occasion Chicken Scallopine with Sage and Fontina Cheese. And since we had reason to celebrate my new job, it was the perfect opportunity for it.

The chicken from this dish is just incredible. Granted, it does take a little extra time to prepare, but that’s why we keep it for special occasions. Totally worth it.

The freshly shredded Fontina cheese and sage leaves in the middle give this dish soooo much flavor. I love it!

Along with the chicken, we had steamed green beans and some whole wheat rotini to act as a base for some more of the delicious sauce from the chicken.

Mmmmm…soooo good. Smile

*****

Breakfast

Seeing as though today is the first big day on the job(!!) I wanted to make sure I had nothing holding me down this morning. So last night, I prepped myself a batch of overnight oats in a jar.

That’s’ an old photo right there (since I’m obviously not at Starbucks this morning…although I do have one on my way to work now…) so the only thing different with the one I’m enjoying this morning is no blueberries but added pumpkin. They’re tasting mighty good this morning, especially since I haven’t had them overnight like this in months.

Alright, my friends. This is it…time to head off to my first day of work! I’m feeling so incredible nervous/anxious/excited, it isn’t even funny. I sort of feel like I’m a kid heading off to her first day of school or something. Crazy!

Wish me luck!! I’ll be back later this evening (hopefully) with updates on the first day. Smile

Question for the Morning:

What’s the last career or school related change you had that made you nervous/anxious/excited?

Comments

Eek! Can’t wait to hear all about your first day, hope it goes brilliantly for you! Don’t put too much pressure on yourself in terms of preparing everything the night before, it does make things easier as long as you don’t stress about it! I quit my full time job in September and I’m back studying part time – nutritional therapy. I do a bit of paid work here and there to tied me over but I have the luxury of still living at home.
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Chilled With the Heating On

Good luck on your new job!

I actually just started a new job a week ago. Of course I was nervous/anxious/excited walking in the first day. And even the second day because the building kind of gets me mixed up and I would be on my own walking in on my own and expected to find me work area. I managed and now know where to park to give me the easiest access to the building close to my work area.
    Amy @ Living N Learning recently posted..I’m a Graduate!

3. Rachel Wilkerson says

Good luck today! Starting a new job is so exciting/nervewracking. I always worry about lunch…do I pack my own the first day? Is there a fridge? Are there restaurants nearby? But somehow it always works out.

I’m sure you’ll do great!
    Rachel Wilkerson recently posted..“Good” grieving

Last January, my company moved from a crappy little strip mall-type office into an actual, stand-alone building. It’s actually so much nicer than the strip mall. The bathroom sinks have hot water, the microwaves in the break rooms work, and the fridges are so much bigger than our old building. When I made my first trek here last year, I was nervous as to how it would change the company. It has DEFINITELY changed the company to invoke the image they want to put forward.
    Beks recently posted..A Literary Surprise

5. Kaelin says

Good luck today!!! I have been working as an SLP in the schools for 4 years and think I might be looking for something new this summer. Its nerve wracking to thing of making a switch.

I do a lot of food prep on Sundays to make my week easier. I make up 4 or 5 overnight oats in mason jars to heat up in the mornings (milk, no yogurt), and I make a huge salad to divide up through the week for lunches. It helps so much to have all of that taken care of before the week begins.

6. Rachel S. says

Good Luck! You will do great.
    I have only been with my company for 5 years, which where I work is considered a newbie, and I recently went from being an admin for a manager to an admin for a COO and a CIO. Big switch and kind of nerve racking.

7. Brittany @ Proteinandpumps says

Good luck! I’m sure you will do great! I recently had a major career change and left my job of 6 years. I wasn’t too nervous though as I was already very familiar with the people and job.
    Brittany @ Proteinandpumps recently posted..Beyonce and Childhood Obesity

I switched careers from teaching to working in digital strategy and web consulting a year and a half ago. It was intimidating, but also a lot of fun. Realizing that you have other skills to offer is a great boost to your confidence! I’m sure you will be amazing in this new position! XO
    Melissa recently posted..Holiday Favorites

I was good about prepping my meals the night before for about a month…and then I slacked off haha. Keep it going strong! Good luck on your first day! :)
    Melissa recently posted..MIA

Good luck Courtney! I hope you have a wonderful first day at your new job. Early this year I decided to go back and get my Masters in Writing, moving from my current field of dietetic research – bit of huge turn! I am so glad I did because I have fallen in love with my degree and I’m thinking of taking it even further :)
    Can’t wait to hear about how your day went!
    Amy recently posted..I Have Your Eyes, Mum Says.

Getting my Personal Trainers Cert…. will I pass the test, will I be good at it, will I get a job and be able to make money doing something I love??? all these and more have been flying around my head for a very long time

12. Shannon says

I hope your day went great today. Nerves are a good thing- a good friend told me nerves mean that you care.

The last thing I was nervous about for school was reading a paper that I wrote about a belief that I have. It told a story from something in my past that is really hard for me to talk about. When I walked into the classroom, I started shaking- so much so that the girl sitting behind me was starting to worry about me and stopped midway through her paper to see if I was OK. In the end, I didn’t read the paper out loud though I desperately wanted to share my story- I knew it was the right time. I summarized it though.

13. Em says

Congrats Courtney! Hopefully it went well today! I quit my job a few months ago, which was both incredibly stressful and liberating. Let us know how everything goes; I’m eager to hear about it :)

• says

Good luck girl! I’m sure you rocked it! :) my husband and I recently quit both our jobs and moved about an hour away from the town we had been living in for 6 years to start a new career venture. It was scary, but we haven’t regretted it for a second!
      Angela recently posted..Date Night.

14. ashley says

i’m assuming you didn’t know you were pregnant 2 days ago? or you were just trying to be sneaky w/ the glass o’ wine and fool all of us?!!!! :)

15. ashley says

i figured it was to fool us! i don’t know you but i didn’t think you would have found out 2 days ago and already told the blog world!! very sneaky! and congrats!!!!!!

Trackbacks