Cody’s Christmas Costume

by Courtney on December 22, 2012

Happy weekend to you alllll! How are things going so far?

Last night, Jay and I did wind up going out to eat, thanks to a Groupon we had for a nearby restaurant. It was only about five minutes away, so we went down shortly after Jay got home and had some dinner. I didn’t bother with the camera last night, but it was good stuff.

Once we finished eating, we came back home for cozies, couch time, and our DVR’d episode of Jersey Shore. I still can’t believe it was the last episode! As much of a train wreck as that show is/was, we both loved it. I mean, you can’t argue that the show is just stupid/funny/hilarious/ridiculous, but we’ve been fans for a few years now. I’m not ashamed to admit it!

*****

Breakfast

This morning, both of us decided we were in the mood for egg sandwiches. Of course, whenever we cook turkey bacon, it stinks up the whole place like it’s nobody’s business, so we lit a candle and enjoyed breakfast by candlelight.

An egg, provolone, turkey bacon, and jam sandwich on two toasted waffles for me.

It tasted sooooooo good.

After breakfast, we took care of finishing up a little gift wrapping. Of course, Cody had to get in on the action (where there’s paper, there’s Cody) so we thought we’d have a little fun with him and break out his Christmas costume.

I really should have taken a video of him in his costume. Honestly, he hates the thing. As soon as we put it on him, he becomes a completely different cat and decides he either can’t walk or just falls over. If he does try to walk, he slouches down real low to the ground and does almost somewhat of an Army crawl.

He had the two of us cracking up.

We only kept it on him for a few minutes, since he really isn’t a fan, but it was an amusing few minutes and we rewarded him with some treats. Smile

*****

In other news, there’s a new page up on the ol’ blog!

new page

You aren’t surprised, are you? Winking smile

Baby Tooth officially has his/her own page, and that’s where I’ll be posting any sort of future updates (I’ll always give you guys a heads up if I post there). I’m so excited!!

Later this afternoon, Jay and I are heading out to finish up any last minute Christmas stuff (so much for getting everything done early, haha), then we’re hopefully catching an afternoon movie, and possibly grabbing some dinner later on. Busy and fun!

Have a great Saturday, everyone. Smile

1 Khushboo December 22, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Now that’s definitely a breakfast of champions- yum!
Khushboo recently posted..An Eggs-eptional Meal

2 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness December 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Love Cody’s Christmas costume! My puppy Sophie has a Christmas dress of her own!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Mango Coconut Stir Fry

3 Megan December 22, 2012 at 1:28 pm

My cat acts the exact same way! Loves paper and hates costumes. He becomes virtually paralyzed if we put him in any outfit. Must be a cat thing :)

4 Courtney December 22, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Hahaha, that is the perfect way of putting it – paralyzed. So true!

5 lisa fine December 22, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I really need to buy some toaster waffles soon. They’re one of my favorites – so versatile!

It’s been windy and snowy all day here, but I managed to go for a 30 minute hilly walk. Now that I’m back home, it’s a lazy day all the way. Sorting out my marathon training plan, reading, and knitting.
lisa fine recently posted..homesteading aspirations / thoughts on land and a home

6 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 22, 2012 at 1:34 pm

That breakfast looks delicious!

Oh, and I’m thinking Baby Tooth is a girl! That’s my early prediction! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Top Chef – Episode 7 + a Giveaway!

7 Courtney December 22, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Haha, I think you’re only the second girl prediction I’ve had! I’ll take it :-D

8 Melissa December 22, 2012 at 1:47 pm

That looks so good! How did you get the turkey bacon so crispy???

9 Courtney December 22, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I cook it in a skillet on the stove and spray it with extra cooking spray! I think the cooking spray is key :)

10 Lisa December 22, 2012 at 2:11 pm

That is just the cutest thing ever. I kind of want to make a costume for my cat now hah. Mmm…your wafflewich looks delicious!
Lisa recently posted..Confessions

11 Katie December 22, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Awww, Cody is so cute in his costume! :) My kitten Mowgli acts exactly the same in any sort of costume or harness – army crawl is the perfect description for it! Even though we only leave it on him for a few minutes either, we’ve caught him walking ‘normally’ if he’s gone wandering into another room! :D

Anyway, love the Baby Tooth page, so excited for you both ( and the rest of your family) !!

12 Lindsay's List December 22, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Squeee for Baby Tooth!! So excited for you guys!
Lindsay’s List recently posted..when i’m bored…

13 Courtney December 22, 2012 at 2:33 pm
14 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 22, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Love the costume, very cute!!! You see if you can get Geordie shore online! It’s the UK’s version! So funny!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Almost Cheezy Broccoli Soup

15 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries December 22, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I bought my dog a santa outfit that looked just like that from Target. That lasted about 3 minutes before he figured out how to rip the thing off of him ;) it was cute while it lasted!!

And I didn’t get to comment earlier, but I am SO SO EXCITED for you Courtney! I couldn’t be happier for you and Jay and can’t wait to read all about Baby Tooth :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..70 Degrees and Sunny

16 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 22, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Oh my!! i love that coat on cody!! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Holiday Baking Extravaganza!

17 Danielle December 22, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I love dressing up our pets in their Christmas outfits. They absolutely hate it but if only they knew how cute they looked!
Danielle recently posted..The End of the World

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 22, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Is it bad that one of the things I’m most excited for in getting a dog (which will hopefully happen in the spring) is that I’ll get to put cute costumes on him at holidays? Seriously, I’m going to have a field day next Halloween.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Survey Saturday: Health Edition.

19 Linz @ Itz Linz December 22, 2012 at 4:16 pm

haha jonny and i were jersey shore fans til the end too!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..3 Tips for the Holiday Season

20 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 22, 2012 at 5:21 pm

That breakfast looks exactly like something that I would make (with veggie “bacon” though). I love the sweet and savory combination for breakfast!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Vegetarian Tater Tot Casserole

21 Nicole @ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com December 22, 2012 at 7:01 pm

When I put outfits on my cat she acts the same way! It is so funny.
Nicole @ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com recently posted..Friday weigh in and other nonsense

22 Holly December 22, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Hahahaha I SO want to get that costume for our cat now!!!

23 Brittany Peters December 22, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Awww what a cute costume!
Brittany Peters recently posted..Winterlicious Tag