Do I Have A Good Story For You

by Courtney on January 10, 2013

Oh boy, do I have a good story for you guys this morning! But I’ll get to that in just a second…

So as I mentioned yesterday afternoon, yesterday was a suuuuper busy day. I never wound up taking any photos of breakfast, but I did manage to snag lunch.

On the menu was leftovers from Tuesday night’s dinner: lean vegetable beef soup and cheesy Italian quick bread. Yum and yum.

I finished up lunch with a little something sweet in the form of some orange slices.

Heyyyy, check it out! I finally smartened up and peeled the orange BEFORE work, so I wouldn’t wind up with orange juice and pulp all over my desk and self. I am all about ways to make my work meals more efficient!

Right after work, I had plans to meet up with my friend Nicole, and we decided to check out a new-to-both-of-us place in downtown Troy, Illium Café.

I decided to choose this place because I was immediately intrigued by so many of their menu items…for example, their Crispy Peanut Butter and Jelly Pain Petite? WOW…all I can say is, I will, at some point, try that in my lifetime.

But for last night, seeing as though it was dinner and all and I figured I should probably go for something a bit more healthy, I decided to get their grilled vegetable panini with a side salad.

Luckily, it wasn’t only a healthy choice, but it was a delicious choice at that. The vegetables were cooked and marinated perfectly, and the balsamic dressing that came with the side salad was so simple, yet really, really good. I know I’ll definitely be back, because Jay also wants to try out a few things on the menu.

So while Nicole and I were at dinner, we did a whole lot of talking about health, fitness, and decorating. What? Those three things totally go together, don’t they? Winking smile

Nicole is an interior designer and I’ve been talking to her about how I desperately need some help in organizing our closets and getting some ideas on how to rearrange the rooms in our house to get ready for the babe. I’m so, so excited to have her come over within the next week or two so we can start up on the closets, as they’re in need of the most immediate attention. YAY for friends who are way more organized and clever with decorating and design than I am!

But you guys…get this. While I was out to dinner, my phone started ringing and it was from a number that didn’t really look familiar. For whatever reason, I almost always pick up my phone whether I recognize the number or not, so I decided to answer it. You wanna guess who it was?

It was the jerk of a doctor I told you guys about yesterday. YEAH, not kidding. He said he just wanted to follow up to see how I was feeling after taking a few doses of the meds that he prescribed. He also wanted to apologize for the mix up with not calling in my prescription (yeah, I didn’t mention that yesterday – I had to call the emergency hotline to actually get the prescription called in and raced to my pharmacy to pick it up last night before they closed at 9pm). THEN, he said that he wanted to sincerely apologize for how he treated me/handled things at my appointment. He said he certainly did not mean to get me upset (the receptionist must have obviously told him, or he found out from Jay contacting the head of the office – love my husband, btw) but that he just wanted to get me back to health.

Well, to say I was floored by the phone call would be an understatement. I told him thank you, and that I appreciated him going out of his way to call, which I really did. Granted, I didn’t tell him it was okay, because it wasn’t, and I still will never go back to see him, but I will say that the call helped me feel slightly less bitter towards the man.

*****

By the time I got home, I quickly cleaned up a bit, got my lunch ready for tomorrow, ironed some clothes, and then, grabbed some chocolate.

I was recently sent a pretty great goody box from Brookside chocolates, which included three bags of their dark chocolate, errr, balls? Winking smile

The first (and only) bag we’ve broken into so far is the Dark Chocolate Goji with Raspberry, and Jay and I are both seriously in LOVE with these things. They are sooooooo good.

And don’t be fooled, my friends; that is not nearly what I would call a serving size. That’s more of a “hey, this is what they look like but I’m gonna eat about twenty more” kind of photo, just to give ya a visual. Winking smile

I cannot believe that today is seriously already Thursday. This week has been flyyyyying by for me, and hey, I am not complaining…just means we’re that much closer to the weekend, right?! Right.

Question for the Morning:

Do you have any tips or tricks on making your own meals more quick or efficient? If so, feel free to share! Perhaps we can all snag a few good ideas today!

One of my favorites would probably be the salad dressing on the bottom trick. Works like a charm every single time!

1 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 10, 2013 at 8:20 am

Those chocolate covered pomegranates are my absolute favorite thing in the whole wide world. I didn’t even know they had other flavors! I have to dish mine out iwth a measuring cup or I could eat the whole bag.

2 Michelle@Peachy Palate January 10, 2013 at 8:21 am

I always make at least double when I cook grains and I’m a big fan of baked oats to make the night before to have ready to grab and go or even just reheat in the morning with your favourite toppings! Great to hear you got an apology, I wonder did he also see the blog post!!!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Pumpkin Protein French Toast

3 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced January 10, 2013 at 8:22 am

I think it’s great that the doctor called back to appologize. It definitely says a lot about a person who can do that! I’m horrible at meal prep! I always forget to pack lunches and end up goin out ad buying food, something my wallet does not enjoy!

4 My Neon Running Shoes January 10, 2013 at 8:22 am

Wow! It definitely doesn’t excuse his rude behavior towards you but I am also shocked he followed up. I wouldn’t go back either though. The only tip I really have is always making a double batch of what I’m preparing then freezing half for later in the week. So not the greatest tip if you need variety but it works for some quick meals!
My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Thanks Janae, some ark building, and scrapbook love.

5 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 10, 2013 at 8:27 am

Your veggie sandwich looks amazing. I am always impressed with a restaurant that offers vegetarian options!

That is amazing that the doctor called and apologized to you…I would never have seen that one coming!

Thanks for the salad dressing on the bottom trick. That is the perfect idea!! I always worry about the lettuce and veggies getting soggy, but this would totally prevent that.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: January 9, 2013

6 Danica @ It's Progression January 10, 2013 at 8:31 am

I’m so glad that doctor called you to apologize…that wouldn’t have been easy for him either, and like you said, it doesn’t make what happened okay, but he also didn’t have to call, so it’s a very good thing he realized he was completely unprofessional about everything. Glad it made you feel at least a little better about it!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..it’s not supposed to be easy.

7 Traci January 10, 2013 at 8:34 am

i’m glad you got an apology from that doctor- helps you at least see that he (hopefully) regretted saying those things. i think there was a better way he could have gotten his point across, even if he did want to “scare you into action”. also, i’ve tried the brookside pomegranate ones and they are AWESOME!

8 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts January 10, 2013 at 8:34 am

Those little chocolatey balls are the besttttttttt. I must get some!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..37 weeks! Full term baby!

9 Nicole January 10, 2013 at 8:38 am

That’s great that your husband called the head of the office – definitely something that they needed to know! Regardless though, I’m glad that the doc called and apologized, that was the least he could have done!

In happier news, those chocolate “balls” are awesome! I’ve never had the raspberry kind, but the blueberry and pomegranate ones are great. They sell them at our Costco and we pick up a bag every time in to the store :) So addicting though!

10 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope January 10, 2013 at 8:45 am

Wow, I’m glad that the doctor called you back to apologize. You are right, it doesn’t excuse how he treated you but at least he admitted that he was wrong. That was sweet of your hubby to call and complain. I hope you are feeling better! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Cascadian Farms!!…

11 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 10, 2013 at 8:55 am

So glad the dr. called you back…. I found myself in a bummer situation w/ my doctor while I was expecting that threw me for a loop as well. It’s hard! …. I had to force myself to step back and say ‘we all have bad days- maybe that was his. Also, he is a MAN and has exactly ZERO idea what it feels like and the immense pressure we put on ourselves to create a healthy, perfect blessing. This does NOT excuse his actions in the slightest but I’ll take this encounter as a grain of salt.” Trying to look at it as his wrong/ignorance helped me let it go a little bit. …..although his call can’t right the wrong, at least he made an effort. {{hugs}} to you AND baby!

12 Beks January 10, 2013 at 8:58 am

It’s something that I’m still trying to master, but last week, I made Angela’s (OhSheGlows.com) make ahead steel cut oats for most of my breakfasts, and the night before, I also made smoothies for my long commute (I eat small meals about six times a day, starting at 6 AM). As for lunches, they’re usually leftovers from dinner the night before.

But definitely meal planning and prepping is where it’s at. I’m always more relaxed when I actually do it, and I eat better, too.
Beks recently posted..The Paranormals (Jenny Pox, Tommy Nightmare, Alexander Death, Jenny Plague-Bringer) Reviews

13 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction January 10, 2013 at 9:03 am

Glad he called you!! At least mayne now he won’t treat someone else like that!

14 Crystal January 10, 2013 at 9:03 am

I wash and chop lettuce, veggies and prep beans and grains for lunch salads every Sunday. It makes it so easy to throw together a healthy lunch all week. Anything left on Friday gets sautéed and thrown in with dinner. To keep lettuce or any green fresh, I lay a paper towel in the bottom of the container and on top. It really helps especially with spinach!

15 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 10, 2013 at 9:07 am

I always make everything for my lunch the night before, except for my sandwich, if I’m having one. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t gone through a full bag of Chocolate Pomagranates by myself in 3 days…..oops.
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Audition Time!

16 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 10, 2013 at 9:09 am

That’s SO great that he called to apologize, at least you know that he realizes he was wrong.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Light French Toast Souffle

17 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots January 10, 2013 at 9:19 am

That is really nice the Doctor called and apologized, I hope he realized on his own the way he spoke to you was wrong! Got to love your man for sticking up for you, anytime someone makes me upset my boyfriend is the first to be like do you want me to talk to them!? Ok seriously I need to try these brookside chocolate covered balls, I love dark chocolate covered anything!
Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Healthy French Onion Dip

18 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 10, 2013 at 9:23 am

Ahh those chocolates by Brookside are addicting, aren’t they?! I’ve bought them from Costco before, and let’s just say that may have been a bad choice. ;) I’m glad that jerk of a doctor called. I still wouldn’t go back to him either, but at least you have a little bit less of a bitter taste in your mouth toward him. As for making meals easier… I always make bigger batches for leftovers, I chop a bunch of extra veggies if I’m already chopping some up for a specific recipe, and I leave a smaller jar of peanut butter in my desk drawer at work to eat with apple slices or bananas so I don’t have to figure out how to transport peanut butter back and forth (considering I eat it daily! :)). I still use your salad dressing trick by the way! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..01/10/13: Thursday Thoughts

19 Britta @ Red Bike in a Grey World January 10, 2013 at 9:24 am

I am SO glad that Doctor called you! When I read about what happened before I was shocked. That panini looks absolutely delicious, and I have tried the Brookside chocolates – MY GOODNESS they are addicting and absolutely amazing.
Britta @ Red Bike in a Grey World recently posted..A Recipe and Random Things

20 Ashlee January 10, 2013 at 9:31 am

Oh wow! That was pretty nice of him to call and apologize!
Ashlee recently posted..Pumpkin, Lentil & Veggie Black Bean Tacos

21 sara @ fitcupcaker January 10, 2013 at 9:32 am

Ive seen a lot about these goji berries. I want to try them so bad! YUM
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Breakfast : Chest : Lunch : Snatch

22 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 10, 2013 at 9:36 am

Well, it was good of him to call. I won’t say it was nice of him since he probably only did it to keep himself from getting into trouble, but at least it happened. You’ve got to break into the pomegranate bag! I currently have that exact thing hanging out in my cabinet, and they are sooooo good!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..WIAW: Ode To The Goodness Of Chobani

23 Angela @ Health's Angel January 10, 2013 at 9:39 am

I’m glad that you got an apology. That’d make me feel a bit better, too. You deserved one! So great that Jay called the office for you also.
Those chocolates wouldn’t last long with me. They sound so good!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..“Taste the Rainbow”

24 Katie @ running4cupcakes January 10, 2013 at 9:40 am

My favorite season is right now when clementines are cheap and readily available. Super easy to peel, take with you and so yummy to eat!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Winter Carnival Half Marathon Training – 2013

25 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom January 10, 2013 at 9:46 am

Guess what I am having for lunch today? The same thing you had yesterday!!! I made the soup last night(with ground turkey), along with the bread and it was FAB-U-LOUS!!!

As for the chocolate covered balls, I am sad that you have some and I do not. I looked for them at Costco last week and couldn’t find any. Sad, sad day. Oh well, maybe the Universe was trying to tell me I didn’t need them!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Cauliflower Crust Pizza

26 Britt January 10, 2013 at 9:46 am

Good for Jay, calling the office like that! You know he’s got your back ;)
That’s great the dr called you on your cell phone to apologize like that, I know that made you feel a little better.
That food at the restaurant looks delish!
Can’t wait to see how you organize the house in preparation for Baby Tooth!!:)

27 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 10, 2013 at 9:56 am

Well it’s good that he called to apologize, but you’re definitely right that it still doesn’t make it okay. You’ve got yourself one good husband there, though :)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #14 .

28 Kim @ The Family Practice Blog January 10, 2013 at 9:59 am

I have had my days messed up all week! Yesterday I thought it was Thursday and then this morning I thought it was Wednesday – my husband was all “today’s your friday” and then I realized, yeah it is! (I only work M-Th in my office) So that was a nice surprise I suppose! Glad the doctor called to apologize and glad he was made aware. It doesn’t change what happened for you but maybe he will be better for the next person, hopefully, right?
Kim @ The Family Practice Blog recently posted..Back to Reality

29 Jenni January 10, 2013 at 10:00 am

Am I the only one who wants your mom’s goulash recipe?! It looked delicious!! I’m sure she used here secret awesome sauce but do tell!

30 Courtney January 10, 2013 at 11:24 am

I actually don’t have a recipe! Sorry! I don’t think she does either…I’m pretty sure it’s literally just ground beef, pasta, and tomato sauce and some salt and pepper! :)

31 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie January 10, 2013 at 10:00 am

Wow, I can’t believe he called! I mean it’s good, but like you said, not okay!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Are You Ready for Some Challenges?

32 alyssa - life a la wife January 10, 2013 at 10:08 am

Hopefully he was just having a bad day! I’m sure if you did go back he would NEVER treat you that way again!
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Wedding Recap: Getting Ready

33 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian January 10, 2013 at 10:08 am

I love the Illium Cafe – so good! I’m glad your doctor called you, it’s the least he could do after being a jerk.
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..WIAW #39: FitKit Review {What I Ate Wednesday}

34 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson January 10, 2013 at 10:12 am

Chocolate covered fruit is always a wine my book!
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Happy New Year and New Goals!

35 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 10, 2013 at 10:23 am

That’s awesome that the doctor called you to apologize! I always, always have to pack my food/snacks for the day at night. I try and make things as accessible as possible since I usually only have a short amount of time to eat!

36 Kristen January 10, 2013 at 10:34 am

Wow, apparently I NEED THOSE BERRIES ASAP! Too bad we don’t have a Costco here. I will creep around the grocery stores & try & spot them!

I always prep some brown rice, sweet potatoes, steamed veggies (brocolli, brussel sprouts, green beans) whenever I have time during the week. I portion out my protein in smaller tupperware & plastic baggies. Then, during the week, I just grab a scoop of rice, a couple scoops of veggies & a protein & throw it in my bag before I run out the door. I cook the veggies & rice with the spices that I like, but wait to add any other mustards or hot sauce anything until lunch time. There are soooo many different combinations that I dont get bored – Then in the evenings I can take more time to cook some delicious-ness.

Great tip about the dressing on the bottom!

Thank goodness the Dr shaped up & called you!

Kristen

37 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns January 10, 2013 at 10:38 am

i either make it a week before or the night before, depending on how busy i’ll be that week :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Running Update!!

38 Rachel January 10, 2013 at 10:41 am

Sooooo glad that jerk called and apologized!!! And I wouldn’t ever go back to him either… def not worth the month to get abused like that. And yay for Jay for calling the office! :D

Those chocolates are my Mom’s favorite!!!
Rachel recently posted..Blind Date

39 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 10, 2013 at 11:01 am

The doctor is still kind of an ass…but at least he took steps to try to make it up a little bit.

Love Brookside chocolates! My favourites are easily the dark chocolate pomegranate, you’ll like those.

And I love your salad dressing on the bottom trick! Whenever I cook up rice or quinoa, I make a big pot of it and keep leftovers in the fridge. Makes for easily grab and go! Same with when I’m chopping veggies for salads, I just keep a container in the fridge. When I’m making salads, I just grab a handful, through it on lettuce or spinach and grab some dressing, and I’m good!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Intermittent Fasting? Not On Board.

40 karleen January 10, 2013 at 11:06 am

Yay! Glad the jerk doc called you back. I bet the receptionist really handed it to him when you left. What works conveniently for me at lunch is to bring salad items at the beginning of the week: bags of lettuce, cut up veggies and then a protein like chicken breasts and/or fish. So every day, I mix it all together, put a little bit of dressing in and shake it up in my tupperware salad container. I get full cuz I make huge salad and am satisfied after by adding a bunch of whatever cut veggies I have on hand. I also always have almonds at my desk (my coworker replaced her candy with almonds in her candy jar on Jan. 1) so we have something healthy to snack on!

41 Cait @ Chicago Girl Fitness January 10, 2013 at 11:15 am

I’m just getting back into eating 4 mini meals while at the office each day. I prep veggies right after buying them & scramble eggs ahead of time so I can just pop them in the microwave for a minute at work. Sometimes I’ll make a batch of mini egg muffins or hard boil eggs for breakfast for the whole week. I need some suggestions for leak-proof, microwave safe, BPA free containers, though!
Cait @ Chicago Girl Fitness recently posted..LÄRABAR Giveaway!

42 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige January 10, 2013 at 11:25 am

That’s really cool that he called you to apologize, but still…what a douchebag, lol. Makes me wonder if he called for damage control or if he was legit sorry, ya know?
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..When to Change Up the Program: Periodization

43 Marielle January 10, 2013 at 11:36 am

Im glad the doctor called you back to apologize. Even though you won’t go see him again at least you get some closure to the situation and he realized how he approached things was wrong (hopefully). Hope your week keeps getting better!
Marielle recently posted..Ballet Arms Workout #1

44 Ali January 10, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I love Brookside chocolates!!!
Ali recently posted..Pregnancy Journey: Week 31

45 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets January 10, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I LOVE those chocolate “healthy” balls. AHHHmazing. And I’m very curious to see what this doctor said/did yesterday. Hopping over to yesterday’s post to find out now…
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..a fresh start

46 Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 10, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Ohhh I’m so glad for you that things got resolved with the doctor! There’s nothing as liberating as asking for forgiveness and forgiving. And I think coming from a professional that was a rather humble move of him!

I always peel my oranges before going out of the house! Or I just won’t eat it b/c I don’t like it when my fingers are “sticky” lol. Some things I simplify are slicing apples like sandwich pieces and filling them with nut/seed butter, or basically “stuffing” things with ingredients so it doesn’t get messy in the tupperware or bag. Also, I like to make yogurt combos and if I add something like cereal or granola then I put it in a separate baggie so that it will stay crunchy and fresh later on, instead of soggy and chewy. :D
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..How to Eat Like the Angelenos

47 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes January 10, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Why have I not peeled my oranges before work?! I’m all about making my lunch the night before, yet it never crossed my mind to take care of oranges then, too. I actually have two in the fridge, and I’ve been saving them for when I’m not in the office. Mind blown! ;)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Miami, Here I Come!

48 Sarah January 10, 2013 at 1:58 pm

So impressed with how organized everyone is re: food prep! When I’m feeling really organized I make oats (slow cooker or stove-top_ Sunday night for the week and add different toppings in the morning. Or I make my morning smoothy night before and stash it in the fridge. I’m a big fan of making a big batch of quinoa salad for lunches, too.

49 Julia @ Smile More Miles January 10, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Genius idea on the oranges. I spend a good 15 minutes peeling my orange and eating it at work.
Julia @ Smile More Miles recently posted..Never Go To The Store Hungry

50 Whitney January 10, 2013 at 2:21 pm

forgive but don’t forget :)

51 Lauren January 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I can’t believe he called you back!!! He must have felt like sh*t after that incident (as he should have!). Glad you got some relief after such a bad day yesterday!
Lauren recently posted..My Workout Routine Now and Moving Forward

52 Dylan Mary January 10, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I actually just recently ran across your blog and have to say it’s definitely a new favorite of mine! As far as the Brookside chocolates go– just last week I tried them for the first time and I LOVE them! I haven’t had the goji ones yet but I’m interested to try that kind too, I’m sure they’re delicious! :)

53 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 10, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Wow! I’m kind of glad he called, but I can’t say I’m impressed. The jerk was probably pressured into calling you or the higher ups probably yelled at him. Jerk jerk Jerk
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..active by old navy

54 Audrey Adams January 10, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Ive gotten the pomegranate dark chocolate ones at costco before…SO GOOD! They are amazinggggg:)
Audrey Adams recently posted..Responsive Themes: Gridspace and Just Desserts

55 Miranda @ Biting Life January 10, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Wow… I can’t believe he called and apologized! At least he did the right thing about it. I’ve had so many bad experiences with jerk doctors — there’s just something about that profession that makes people mean, I think.
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..The Elderly Whole Foods Cashier Stole from Me

56 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 10, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Glad the doctor either came to his senses or was put in his place so you got an apology! ;) And as for those chocolates – holy YUM!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Committed

57 Tracy January 10, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks always beforehand. I normally have either a salad or just plain veggies dipped in hummus for lunch every day so I get all of them washed up, cut up and into tuperware containers on Sunday. I make an awesome sandwich of egg, cheese and spinach on a whole grain english muffin for breakfast all week and I can get at least two days of these worth done up and in containers in the fridge. Peel a clementine into a dish for a snack and throw a yogurt and a bag of granola in also….10:00 and 2:00 snack!
:-)

58 Bek @ Crave January 11, 2013 at 12:48 am

You could cook up a batch of something at the start of the week and use it in your meals throughout the week- like chicken to use in soup, sandwiches, salads etc.
Maybe some savoury muffins too might help bust your work hunger.

That’s good he apologised, as he should.

Your dinner looks awesome!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Food Control

59 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate January 11, 2013 at 1:03 am

That cafe looks so good, I love the name!
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Protein, Protein, Protein.

60 Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper January 11, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I’m so glad he called to apologize! How rare!

61 Angela January 14, 2013 at 12:46 am

WOW! Good for him, I’m glad he owned up to being a jerk. And what a good hubs!! I’m glad he told on that mean doctor, you did not deserve to be bullied.
Angela recently posted..Where We Belong

62 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre January 15, 2013 at 9:35 am

I actually am pretty good at making my snacks at work efficient! :) I always keep my snacks at work. I have a box of Think Thin bars, and I just order more when I run out. I buy almonds/cashews in bulk and keep a big tub…and I bring 5 apples or pears/whatever fruit I am in the mood for that week on Monday. That way all I need to worry about everyday is grabbing my pre-packed tupperware lunch that I prepared over the weekend… I’m a pro by now – I hate wasting time in the morning and after work prepping food so I try to get it all out of the way so I can come home and relax! ..oh and sleep in! :)
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Lap Partner

63 Emily @ Hungry Delights January 16, 2013 at 6:29 am

I just read your previous post about the initial story and I am so glad he called and apologized. At least he acknowledged he was out of line. Plus… chocolate coated goji berries sound amazing!
Emily @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – Surviving the flu

64 Sarah January 21, 2013 at 6:51 pm

glad that dr made his apology! I also love those chocolates!