Looking Forward To Their Arrival

Today is going to be a busy, busy day my friends.

I’ve got a full day of work, with errands to run on my lunch hour, followed by my 16 prenatal appointment (YAY!), then my final bridesmaids dress fitting (keep your fingers crossed for me that it turns out okay), a quick stop at a store in the mall to pick up a pair bathing suit bottoms I had to get delivered to the store, dinner in there somewhere, then come home to do some last minute prep for the weekends’ festivities.

I have a feeling that bed of mine is going to be looking miiiiiighty tempting tonight.

Last Night’s Dinner

I’ve really been pretty awful in the dinner department this week, but since I was on my own last night, I didn’t mind at all. Thankfully, I still had one good-sized serving of chili leftover from Sunday, so I heated that up for myself.

I topped the chili with some plain Chobani and a sprinkle of mozz cheese (all we had and I wanted cheese) and wound up scooping a bunch of it up with some tortilla chips.

For not having planned anything ahead of time, I’d say this meal turned out pretty darn awesome.

Oh yeah…and I even got my workout in for the evening, too! I solid 40 minutes of my new-favorite pilates DVD (I chose the total body, core, buns & thighs, and standing segments) and I felt GREAT afterward. I honestly cannot say enough good things about that DVD. I love it!

A couple of hours after dinner, I needed something sweet and found myself rummaging through the freezer, only to find some Edy’s light ice cream hidden in the back. Score! So I made myself a tiny dish with a crumbled oatmeal raisin cookie that I had acquired from work earlier in the day, and it tasted fannnnnnn-tastic.

Fitting enough, as I enjoyed my ice cream, I also spent a little time checking through a fundraiser catalog for Gertrude Hawk…which has long been a weakness of mine, as you may remember. I just can’t resist those little smidgens! Oh, and the caramel apples? Forget about it.

Jay had brought it home from work, so I chose a couple of items for us to get and am very much looking forward to their arrival. 😉

As I was eating my sweets, and browsing through sweets, I also watched Tuesday night’s episode of The Bachelor. Now I know some of you may not have watched it yet, so I won’t say anything to spoil it, but really Tierra? REALLY?! I honestly cannot watch her anymore without getting annoyed. Good lord, she is just awful.

Okay…rant over. :)

Here’s to hoping everyone’s Thursday goes nice and smoothly…and that I manage to get home at a decent hour this evening without crashing!

Question for the Morning:

Have you ever had to stop watching a show/movie because you just couldn’t handle someone/something anymore? Have you ever left a movie theater during a movie because it was so awful?

I actually did leave a theater once…but I can’t remember what movie it was for now, haha. Jay, if you’re reading…do you remember?

I left a movie one time in my life and it was for the Black Dahlia. I thought the movie was so bad. I just couldn’t sit through anymore of it. I almost walked out at the Ice Harvest but we were with a group of friends and hubby and I couldn’t tell if anyone else was as bored as we were.

I’m jealous of your Gertrude Hawk candy order! They are so yummy :)
    Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Change In Monopoly & A Look At Board Games From the Past!!!…

I left a movie once, but I can’t even rememer what it’s called now. I was in a phase in high school that I loved scary movies (don’t anymore!), and my friends and I thought this particular movie was going to be scary but it really ended up just being super disturbing. Ahh wish I could remember the name now!
    As for Tierra & The Bachelor… I feel ya. She drives me nutzo. I thought she was pretty at first, but her personality totally ruined it for me. Ugh, not a fan! I’ve really been liking Des and Lindsey.
    Hope you survive your crazy busy day today! xoxo
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..02/07/13: Thursday Thoughts

Excited to hat about you appointment! Yay for babies! :) I bet you can’t wait! I did leave a theater once it was for Eyes Wide Shut. I had no idea that it had total nudity throughout the movie…lesson learned an now I always check out movie reviews and check to see why they are rated R.

I love the bachelor, but it’s totally like watching a train wreck. I want to stop looking at the fools some of these women are, but I can’t. Who do you want to win?
    Karla recently posted..The only thing that will work to stop binging

The only movie I can remember walking out of was the original Saw. That was the only one I’ve ever seen, and it disturbed me so much that I actually ended up feeling sick and having to leave. But on to happier thoughts! Your dessert seriously looks to die for. I could really go for some ice cream and cookies, but sadly it’s only 7:30 in the morning.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #18 .

5. Monica says

I’ve watched a LOT of bad movies but the only one I ever walked out on was The Money Train. I can’t stand Woody Harrelson or Wesley Snipes to this day just because of that movie. Funny thing is, I actually don’t remember a thing about the movie, just how awful it was!

I don’t even watch the Bachelor, but they were talking about Tierra on the radio yesterday morning, and how overly dramatic people ALWAYS say they hate drama and don’t want to be part of it. Author, Kristin Billerbeck was also talking about it on her blog. Part of me wants to start watching for the train wreck, but Mondays are all about “Bunheads.” :-)

I did stop watching “The Fifth Element” on Netflix because I couldn’t take Dylan from 90210 as a 1930’s scientist/historian. It was too cheesy and mid-90’s for words. Maybe had I actually watched that movie IN the 90’s.

Also, a few years ago, my friend and I were trying to watch “Tropic Thunder” because everyone was all, “This movie’s so great!” We couldn’t get through 20 minutes of it. And we like odd movies!
    Beks recently posted..I hate February.

I have left the theater during Cloverfield because I thought for sure I would throw up from motion sickness. And also Saw 2 on Halloween because it was so ridiculous and gross.
    I’ve had enough of Tiara too. I am also surprised he sent Selma home. It seemed like he really liked her but maybe she came off too high maintenance for him?

I’ve had to stop watching something because I grew disgusted with the show itself or character(s) on it. Truthfully, I’m starting to feel that way about The Bachelor. Those chics are CRAZY!

I have definitely left the theater a couple of times. Once a group of friends and I went to see Babel, and it was so so bad. Everyone wanted to leave, but I refused because we had spent more than normal to get in. Now I wish I could have those three hours of my life back.
    Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..WIAW: Experiments!

I love fancy chocolate catalogs! I end up drooling usually. And I have those ice cream bowls too. They’re the perfect size to satisfy a craving. It’s what I grew up on and when my friends came over and were used to bigger bowls I thought they were crazy!
    Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Confidence

11. Sherri says

Those tortilla chips from TJs are my FAVOURITE. And I cannot believe they’re low-sodium since they taste so delicious.

12. Jen N. says

I’ve only walked out of one movie and that was “I <3 Huckabees". I don't remember any of it – was falling asleep within the first 10 minutes – so we left after 20 minutes. We went into another movie and I had no problem staying awake for that one. Wish I could remember what movie that was! :)

There was some break up movie with Jennifer Anniston that I fell asleep in. When I woke up, the same things were still going on, so we just stopped watching it (it wasn’t in the theaters, but if it was, I totally would have walked out).
    I also fell asleep in Transformers 2 and 3 in the movie theater. After each 20 minute nap, I didn’t miss much. The robot trucks were still fighting each other and wrecking a lot of buildings along the way.

The only movie I’ve ever walked out of was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I went with my grandparents, we didn’t realize it was subtitled. I can’t sit through subtitles and neither could they. I almost walked out of Jackass 2 when I was pregnant, but that’s because there was a particular scene, involving a horse, and I about threw up in the theater. I told hubby if it kept being gross, I was going to have to leave. It got better, so I stayed.
    Kathryn recently posted..We’re Going To….

mmm that ice cream looks delicious – sometimes it is definitely needed haha!
    i have turned a tv programme over before but dont think ive ever left a movie unless ive felt ill..which i think was the 3rd star wars film when i felt like i was gonna pass out half way through. not nice haha!
    Lift, Sleep, Eat recently posted..Popping my Kabocha Cherry.

I think we’ve left a movie once or twice before, when it was absolutely rubbish. It’s a waste of time otherwise haha. Yes, I am the same. I have to watch a show because the character is so annoying, secretly wishing something they deserve comes their way haha. I’m evil 😛
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Eat With Acceptance