Looking Forward To Their Arrival

by Courtney on February 7, 2013

Today is going to be a busy, busy day my friends.

I’ve got a full day of work, with errands to run on my lunch hour, followed by my 16 prenatal appointment (YAY!), then my final bridesmaids dress fitting (keep your fingers crossed for me that it turns out okay), a quick stop at a store in the mall to pick up a pair bathing suit bottoms I had to get delivered to the store, dinner in there somewhere, then come home to do some last minute prep for the weekends’ festivities.

I have a feeling that bed of mine is going to be looking miiiiiighty tempting tonight.

Last Night’s Dinner

I’ve really been pretty awful in the dinner department this week, but since I was on my own last night, I didn’t mind at all. Thankfully, I still had one good-sized serving of chili leftover from Sunday, so I heated that up for myself.

I topped the chili with some plain Chobani and a sprinkle of mozz cheese (all we had and I wanted cheese) and wound up scooping a bunch of it up with some tortilla chips.

For not having planned anything ahead of time, I’d say this meal turned out pretty darn awesome.

Oh yeah…and I even got my workout in for the evening, too! I solid 40 minutes of my new-favorite pilates DVD (I chose the total body, core, buns & thighs, and standing segments) and I felt GREAT afterward. I honestly cannot say enough good things about that DVD. I love it!

A couple of hours after dinner, I needed something sweet and found myself rummaging through the freezer, only to find some Edy’s light ice cream hidden in the back. Score! So I made myself a tiny dish with a crumbled oatmeal raisin cookie that I had acquired from work earlier in the day, and it tasted fannnnnnn-tastic.

Fitting enough, as I enjoyed my ice cream, I also spent a little time checking through a fundraiser catalog for Gertrude Hawk…which has long been a weakness of mine, as you may remember. I just can’t resist those little smidgens! Oh, and the caramel apples? Forget about it.

Jay had brought it home from work, so I chose a couple of items for us to get and am very much looking forward to their arrival. ;)

As I was eating my sweets, and browsing through sweets, I also watched Tuesday night’s episode of The Bachelor. Now I know some of you may not have watched it yet, so I won’t say anything to spoil it, but really Tierra? REALLY?! I honestly cannot watch her anymore without getting annoyed. Good lord, she is just awful.

Okay…rant over. :)

Here’s to hoping everyone’s Thursday goes nice and smoothly…and that I manage to get home at a decent hour this evening without crashing!

Question for the Morning:

Have you ever had to stop watching a show/movie because you just couldn’t handle someone/something anymore? Have you ever left a movie theater during a movie because it was so awful?

I actually did leave a theater once…but I can’t remember what movie it was for now, haha. Jay, if you’re reading…do you remember?

1 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 7, 2013 at 9:04 am

I left a movie one time in my life and it was for the Black Dahlia. I thought the movie was so bad. I just couldn’t sit through anymore of it. I almost walked out at the Ice Harvest but we were with a group of friends and hubby and I couldn’t tell if anyone else was as bored as we were.

I’m jealous of your Gertrude Hawk candy order! They are so yummy :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Change In Monopoly & A Look At Board Games From the Past!!!…

2 Claire @Flake and Cake February 7, 2013 at 9:05 am

So exciting about your appointment, hope you get to hear the heart beat! Yum, oatmeal cookie crumbled in ice cream is one of my favourites :)
Claire @Flake and Cake recently posted..CrossFit: My First Full Session

3 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life February 7, 2013 at 9:05 am

Leftover chili is the best! Good luck at the doc and with the dress fitting. Fingers crossed!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Chewiest Chocolate Chip Cookies

4 Avery @ Southen Belle Living Well February 7, 2013 at 9:05 am

I swear that girl is only there for ratings and to get her 15 minutes of fame. I just bet Sean’s gonna feel really humiliated after he watches the season. That girl…

5 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 7, 2013 at 9:08 am

I left a movie once, but I can’t even rememer what it’s called now. I was in a phase in high school that I loved scary movies (don’t anymore!), and my friends and I thought this particular movie was going to be scary but it really ended up just being super disturbing. Ahh wish I could remember the name now!
As for Tierra & The Bachelor… I feel ya. She drives me nutzo. I thought she was pretty at first, but her personality totally ruined it for me. Ugh, not a fan! I’ve really been liking Des and Lindsey.
Hope you survive your crazy busy day today! xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..02/07/13: Thursday Thoughts

6 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 7, 2013 at 9:09 am

P.S. Update me after your doc’s appt! Yay! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..02/07/13: Thursday Thoughts

7 Kathryn February 7, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I wonder if it was Hostel. I love scary movies, saw that movie, and almost walked out.
Kathryn recently posted..We’re Going To….

8 alyssa - life a la wife February 7, 2013 at 9:11 am

I honestly cannot watch until Tierra is GONE. So over her!!
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Birthday Wish

9 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 7, 2013 at 9:12 am

Also watched the Bachelor last night while dessert eating… it helps me cope with my anger haha! And yes I have left vulgar movies before… I just can’t do it. Random, has anyone said their comment info has to be entered every time now? It’s nbd I was just wondering if my computer is messing up or something.
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Ring finger pop and homemade cream cheese frosting.

10 Courtney February 7, 2013 at 9:22 am

Hmmm…I haven’t heard anything from anyone? Did you reset a setting on your browser at all?

11 Kim @ The Family Practice Blog February 7, 2013 at 9:53 am

This would most likely be a setting in your browser. Specifically, it has to do with “cookies” if you’re in IE you can go to tools, internet options and then privacy. A setting of “medium” should keep you safe but still allow form fields to remember your info.. Hope that helps you!
Kim @ The Family Practice Blog recently posted..Food Labeling: guidelines, definitions, and regulations

12 elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 7, 2013 at 10:25 am

I have no idea lol… Clearly technology isn’t my thing. I will try that!
elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Ring finger pop and homemade cream cheese frosting.

13 Kelsey February 7, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I’m having the same problem! I haven’t done anything to my browser…ever (I’m not super tech savvy) so it isn’t just you Elizabeth!
Kelsey recently posted..Thankful Thursday

14 Shel@PeachyPalate February 7, 2013 at 9:18 am

I couldn’t handle Mamma Mia and left – too much (bad) singing! Also left after 15 minutes of Lord of the Rings!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..A new week, a new loaf of bread

15 Katie @ running4cupcakes February 7, 2013 at 9:23 am

Yeah prenatal appt!!! And I totally agree with you about Tierra – I know they are keeping her around just for the drama. . . and I was sad that he sent Sarah home – I thought she was super sweet!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Dripping on Capri Island

16 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health February 7, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I also got a little teary eyed when he sent her home. So sad!!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing

17 Karla February 7, 2013 at 9:32 am

Excited to hat about you appointment! Yay for babies! :) I bet you can’t wait! I did leave a theater once it was for Eyes Wide Shut. I had no idea that it had total nudity throughout the movie…lesson learned an now I always check out movie reviews and check to see why they are rated R.

I love the bachelor, but it’s totally like watching a train wreck. I want to stop looking at the fools some of these women are, but I can’t. Who do you want to win?
Karla recently posted..The only thing that will work to stop binging

18 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 7, 2013 at 9:34 am

The only movie I can remember walking out of was the original Saw. That was the only one I’ve ever seen, and it disturbed me so much that I actually ended up feeling sick and having to leave. But on to happier thoughts! Your dessert seriously looks to die for. I could really go for some ice cream and cookies, but sadly it’s only 7:30 in the morning.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #18 .

19 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 7, 2013 at 9:35 am

Mmmm chili. My post actually involved it today too haha. Hope all your errands go smoothly!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Going Lime Crazy

20 Monica February 7, 2013 at 9:35 am

I’ve watched a LOT of bad movies but the only one I ever walked out on was The Money Train. I can’t stand Woody Harrelson or Wesley Snipes to this day just because of that movie. Funny thing is, I actually don’t remember a thing about the movie, just how awful it was!

21 lyric February 7, 2013 at 9:45 am

Tierra does not deserve such a sweet guy like Sean! Gah she makes me so angry.
lyric recently posted..WIAW

22 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 7, 2013 at 9:48 am

Omg Tierra is soooooo annoying! I don’t think he like her, I think she’s on it just for the drama. I do think this years bachelor is the cutest yet tho! ;-)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..How to Motivate Yourself to Workout AFTER Work

23 Beks February 7, 2013 at 9:58 am

I don’t even watch the Bachelor, but they were talking about Tierra on the radio yesterday morning, and how overly dramatic people ALWAYS say they hate drama and don’t want to be part of it. Author, Kristin Billerbeck was also talking about it on her blog. Part of me wants to start watching for the train wreck, but Mondays are all about “Bunheads.” :-)

I did stop watching “The Fifth Element” on Netflix because I couldn’t take Dylan from 90210 as a 1930′s scientist/historian. It was too cheesy and mid-90′s for words. Maybe had I actually watched that movie IN the 90′s.

Also, a few years ago, my friend and I were trying to watch “Tropic Thunder” because everyone was all, “This movie’s so great!” We couldn’t get through 20 minutes of it. And we like odd movies!
Beks recently posted..I hate February.

24 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 7, 2013 at 10:01 am

I don’t remember ever leaving a theatre but…I do remember falling asleep once or twice during a bad movie!

25 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health February 7, 2013 at 10:15 am

I have left the theater during Cloverfield because I thought for sure I would throw up from motion sickness. And also Saw 2 on Halloween because it was so ridiculous and gross.
I’ve had enough of Tiara too. I am also surprised he sent Selma home. It seemed like he really liked her but maybe she came off too high maintenance for him?

26 Lauren February 7, 2013 at 10:28 am

I’ve had to stop watching something because I grew disgusted with the show itself or character(s) on it. Truthfully, I’m starting to feel that way about The Bachelor. Those chics are CRAZY!

27 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie February 7, 2013 at 10:33 am

Ugggggh Tierra get out of my life. She is a life ruiner. The worst!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Five Things

28 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 7, 2013 at 10:51 am

I have definitely left the theater a couple of times. Once a group of friends and I went to see Babel, and it was so so bad. Everyone wanted to leave, but I refused because we had spent more than normal to get in. Now I wish I could have those three hours of my life back.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..WIAW: Experiments!

29 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills February 7, 2013 at 10:54 am

I have never left a movie theatre before but I have definitely changed the channel during a show multiple times
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Love Your Arms

30 Karina February 7, 2013 at 11:07 am

Tierra is CRAZYYY!! Ugh drives me bananas! Wake up Sean!!

31 Sarah @PickyRunner February 7, 2013 at 11:29 am

I love fancy chocolate catalogs! I end up drooling usually. And I have those ice cream bowls too. They’re the perfect size to satisfy a craving. It’s what I grew up on and when my friends came over and were used to bigger bowls I thought they were crazy!
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Confidence

32 Sherri February 7, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Those tortilla chips from TJs are my FAVOURITE. And I cannot believe they’re low-sodium since they taste so delicious.

33 Jen N. February 7, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I’ve only walked out of one movie and that was “I <3 Huckabees". I don't remember any of it – was falling asleep within the first 10 minutes – so we left after 20 minutes. We went into another movie and I had no problem staying awake for that one. Wish I could remember what movie that was! :)

34 Annette@FitnessPerks February 7, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Mmmmm ice cream!!!

I hated Anchorman, and turned it off.

hope you get to hit the sack earlier than you hoped! ;)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..We Get to Choose

35 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 7, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Tierra is the worst!

And I looove Gertrude Hawke… yum!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A Weird Week

36 Emily T. February 7, 2013 at 12:54 pm

My boyfriend and I actually left a show on its Broadway tour this past weekend. It was not at all what it had been advertised to be, and we were disgusted by what it actually was. As soon as intermission came, we split and went to the Cheesecake Factory instead.
Emily T. recently posted..Thankful Thursday: At the Year’s End

37 michelle kim February 7, 2013 at 1:11 pm

There was some break up movie with Jennifer Anniston that I fell asleep in. When I woke up, the same things were still going on, so we just stopped watching it (it wasn’t in the theaters, but if it was, I totally would have walked out).
I also fell asleep in Transformers 2 and 3 in the movie theater. After each 20 minute nap, I didn’t miss much. The robot trucks were still fighting each other and wrecking a lot of buildings along the way.

38 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 7, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I cannot imagine how stressful dress fittings must be when you are pregnant and your body is constantly changing. Good luck. It will definitely all work out! :)

And Tierra…don’t even get me started on my annoyance with her!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: February 6, 2013

39 Khushboo February 7, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I went to go see Midnight’s Children over the weekend and I was so tempted to bounce halfway- longest 2.5 hours of my life!!

40 Kathryn February 7, 2013 at 2:01 pm

The only movie I’ve ever walked out of was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I went with my grandparents, we didn’t realize it was subtitled. I can’t sit through subtitles and neither could they. I almost walked out of Jackass 2 when I was pregnant, but that’s because there was a particular scene, involving a horse, and I about threw up in the theater. I told hubby if it kept being gross, I was going to have to leave. It got better, so I stayed.
Kathryn recently posted..We’re Going To….

41 Lift, Sleep, Eat February 7, 2013 at 2:33 pm

mmm that ice cream looks delicious – sometimes it is definitely needed haha!
i have turned a tv programme over before but dont think ive ever left a movie unless ive felt ill..which i think was the 3rd star wars film when i felt like i was gonna pass out half way through. not nice haha!
Lift, Sleep, Eat recently posted..Popping my Kabocha Cherry.

42 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 7, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I left the movie theatre during Click.. I absolutely hated it. Worst movie ever.
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Running In Heels Half Marathon Training Plan

43 Kelsey February 8, 2013 at 5:59 pm

haha Brooke, I just had to comment on this, I love that you left the theater during this movie, I also thought it was ridiculously stupid but one of my ex-boyfriends thinks its the greatest movie around and ends up bawling his eyes out every time we watched it. Personally, I would have left the theater too!
Kelsey recently posted..Saw It, Pinned It, Did It

44 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Too funny!! Glad to know I’m not alone on that one :)
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..My First Stitch Fix and I Need Your Help!

45 Ashlee February 7, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Totally agree!! Tiera is awful to watch…Im hoping he sends her home soon.
That chili looks awesome!
Ashlee recently posted..Laziness Pays Off

46 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 7, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I’ve changed the channel more times than I can even count on the Real Housewives of New York – when they start screaming, I can’t take it lol I change channels, come back three minutes later, and I still haven’t missed a thing!
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..I&#8217;ve Been Meaning to Tell You

47 Ellie@Fit for the Soul February 7, 2013 at 6:54 pm

What a busy day you’re having! I can’t believe you’re so productive even throughout pregnancy~most days I feel like I’m dragging myself around, haha. And I have no idea what’s on TV b/c I’m from the dinosaur age
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Keep Calm and Enjoy Life

48 Marie @ Pasta n' Pilates February 7, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I cannot believe he kept Tierra!!! She is the worst!

I must say I almost walked out of the theater for Slum Dog Millionaire. So glad I stuck it out though…turned out to be an amazing movie :)
Marie @ Pasta n’ Pilates recently posted..Eat n’ Season: February

49 Katie@skinnyminniemoves February 7, 2013 at 10:16 pm

American Horror story this season. So terrible. such a disappointment from last season!

Also american idol. Nikki Minaj is an AWFUL human being and thinks she is a God. Guess again girl!

50 Bek @ Crave February 8, 2013 at 2:12 am

I think we’ve left a movie once or twice before, when it was absolutely rubbish. It’s a waste of time otherwise haha. Yes, I am the same. I have to watch a show because the character is so annoying, secretly wishing something they deserve comes their way haha. I’m evil :P
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Eat With Acceptance