A Mexican Dinner in Mexico

by Courtney on February 24, 2013

Heyyyyyy there! Long time no real chat, eh?

Well, to be honest, I haven’t really been doing a whole lot of picture taking this trip. I have a few here and there, but it seems as though everyone else has been doing a lot of the photo taking…which has been fine by me! We have plans to share everything once we’re all back home, so I’m sure I’ll have some more to share with ya in the next couple of weeks.

I do, however, have a few photos from one of our nights a couple of days ago, and since I had a few free minutes I figured I’d check in and share!

I must say, that we have gotten SO lucky with the weather while we’ve been here. Our friends Brian and Mal, who arrived a few days before us, said the weather was a bit cold relatively speaking) and very breezy. But for the whole time we’ve been here, it’s been between 85-88 degrees with full sunshine all day, every day. It’s AMAZING.

And now I here I’m arriving back to NY only to be greeted with snow. Woo-dippity-do.

But anyway…let me share a few pics with you from our Mexican dinner. I honestly think that it was my favorite dinner of the trip. Not only was the food delicious, but the staff was entertaining, and the whole atmosphere was just fabulous.

Some food from the evening…this is only one course out of the FOUR that we had, but the amount of guacamole that was consumed that evening (heck, the entire trip!) has been at an all-time high. Can’t. Get. Enough.

IMG_4832IMG_4833

All of us were having an absolute blast!

(And I swear, Baby Tooth has gone through another growth spurt since we’ve been here!)

But I think the boys were getting the most out of the evening, as our waitress was incredibly attentive to their needs for margaritas and “boom boom” tequila shots.

Ohhh, those boys. Winking smile

On another night, we all also attempted to take some group photos on the beach before our Indonesian dinner, but it proved to be a bit of a challenge since the wind was whipping around like crazy. I don’t have those group photos, but I did manage to snag a couple with my man.

Love him. Smile

Sadly, today is our last day here in sunny Mexico. I still can’t get over just how quickly it goes by! But I can honestly say that this has, once again, been one outstanding vacation, and has only further proved just how lucky I am to have such amazing friends and family in my life.

Now let’s just hope that we’re able to get home safely, without any travel issues!

1 Lauren February 24, 2013 at 12:21 pm

You look so wonderful and happy! So glad you were able to rest before Baby Tooth comes along. :)

2 Kristen February 24, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Courtney you look so beautiful! You wear pregnancy very well :)

3 Angela February 24, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Looks so amazing! I am in need of a tropical relaxation! You look gorgeous lady!

4 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 24, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I am so jealous! Your vacation looks so amazing and you look so beautiful and happy! Enjoy your time, every minute of it!

5 Courtney February 24, 2013 at 12:50 pm

You look amazing and vacation looks like so much fun!! Where is that pink dress from? It’s so pretty!

6 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 24, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Aww ya’ll are adorable :) Mexico looks like it was a lot of fun, thanks for keeping us updated!

7 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 24, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Ahhh guacamole is THE best, I can eat a whole bowl of it in 10 minutes. Mexico looks amazing. Enjoy the sunshine because NY has been cloudy & cold. Have a safe flight home !

8 Colleen February 24, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I must admit, I’m super jealous – looks like you are having a fabulous time! Safe travels back home!

9 kim@hungryhealthygirl February 24, 2013 at 1:11 pm

That last photo definitely needs to be in a frame! Glad you’re having a great getaway before your little bundle of joy arrives!

10 julie @ peanut butter fingers February 24, 2013 at 1:43 pm

you are officially glowing! i’m so glad you had such a wonderful vacation!

11 Shel@PeachyPalate February 24, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Have a safe trip home! Can’t wait to hear and see more from your trip!

12 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 24, 2013 at 2:44 pm

It looks like you guys have been having a fantastic trip! Definitely makes me jealous, especially when I think about all that guacamole :-p

13 Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes February 24, 2013 at 2:48 pm

So jealous of that Mexican food and that weather….but Spring will be here soon enough….

14 Lisa February 24, 2013 at 2:50 pm

It looks like such a great time!! You are glowing, so pretty. At least if you don’t get to partake in tequila shots, you get guacamole shots;)

15 Allison February 24, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Courtney, you look beautiful! Glad to hear you’re having such a great time :)

16 Danica @ It's Progression February 24, 2013 at 4:09 pm

That’s so great that the weather was beautiful for your whole week! Safe travels home!

17 Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me February 24, 2013 at 4:19 pm

you are glowing! looks like the trip treated you well :) enjoy your last day, and safe home!!

18 Tiff February 24, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Those are really great pics of you two on the beach. It looks like y’all had blast!

19 Leah February 24, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Loveeee the pictures of you and Jay. So cute!

20 Erin @ Axell's Kitchen February 24, 2013 at 5:00 pm

You look great and love the pink dress!!

21 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 24, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Love your pink dress! :)

That restaurant looks like it was a lot of fun. And you can never have too much guacamole! ;)

Safe travels!

22 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 24, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Looks like y’all are having a great time!! :) And I love that Baby Tooth is growing! ;)

23 Sarah @PickyRunner February 24, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Awwww those pictures of you and Jay are gorgeous!!!! You both look so happy! I’m glad you had such an amazing trip.

24 Brittany @ DulceVie February 24, 2013 at 9:55 pm

It looks like you guys had alot of fun! I am so jealous of the weather there!

25 Sarah @ making thyme for health February 24, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Looks like a fun time. I wanted to go to Mexico when we lived in Texas but my bf thought it was too dangerous. Did you feel safe while you were there?
Those are beautiful pics of you and your hubby!

26 Lyric February 24, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Looks like such a great time and I would be sad to leave Mexico! I have been there once when I was in grade 3 and I still remember! Such a fun trip.

27 Emily H February 25, 2013 at 8:35 am

My husband and I are treating ourselves to 4 nights in Mexico the first week of May, and your posts are making me so excited! Safe travels home.

28 Heather @fitncookies February 25, 2013 at 9:15 am

You look so cute with your growing bump! Baby tooth does look like he/she went through a growth spurt! You and Jay are adorable together!Glad to hear it was a fabulous trip! Can’t wait to see more pictures! :)

29 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 25, 2013 at 11:29 am

Looks like you had a blast! Safe travels! Love the picture of you and Jay :)

30 Mikayla @ Thin and Strong February 25, 2013 at 12:08 pm

How fun! I just wanted to tell you how great you look pregnant! :) LUCKY YOU!!

31 Jenn@ Be Me February 25, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I love that pink dress! You are such a pretty mommy! I hope your travels back are safe and smooth.

32 Ellie@Fit for the Soul February 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm

What a tasty looking dinner! Although there aren’t many pictures, just the meat dish alone made my mouth water :P And take care guys on your back home!

33 Annette@FitnessPerks February 25, 2013 at 1:48 pm

That looks like a fantastic trip-and you look so pretty!

34 Bek @ Crave February 25, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Goodluck travelling home- we’ve missed you but I’m glad you could take time out to live life :) Can’t wait to see the Mexico recaps! Your mexican dinner looks so good, wow for guacamole and healthy fats ;)