My Super Cool Adult Lunch Box

by Courtney on March 4, 2013

Have you guys seeeeeeen these before?!?

So here’s the deal…

When I got home from Mexico last week, I had a package waiting for me from Cascadian Farms, which was filled with some amazing goodies. (Actually, my friend Katie posted some pics of everything that was included in the awesome package, in case you want to take a peek.)

Out of everything in the package, the one thing that I was most excited about was the Bento lunch box. I’ve seen people use them for kids before, and had never really considered using one as an adult. But really, my packed lunches typically don’t look much different than this, besides the fact that it’s usually just a bunch of mismatched plastic containers.

So last night, I decided to utilize the new Bento box while making my lunch…and I’m in LOVE!

I mean, how cute is that, right? Here’s what today’s lunch includes…

Mixed greens + tomatoes + Italian vinaigrette.

Kashi honey sesame crackers.

Chicken salad made with a can of chicken, finely chopped onion, celery, carrots, and cucumbers, mashed avocado, plain Chobani, salt & pepper (OMG so good).

And a cara cara orange.

Everything all in one convenient spot…doesn’t get much better than that!

So yeah, I just had to pop in and tell you all about that because, well, I think it’s super awesome. Winking smile

1 Lisa March 4, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Haha, that is SO awesome. I’m with you on that.
I want a Lunch box bad. I remember in high school when it was so uncool to carry a lunch bag, so I just would have nothing, but that’s some pretty cool stuff. Especially all the organization, I’m all about organizing. Food included!

2 Sarah @PickyRunner March 4, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Considering I don’t like my foods to touch… I think I need one. My roommate and I have been on the lookout for a big enough one for awhile now.

3 Emily March 4, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I’ve been wanting to get one of these for a while now since I pack my lunch everyday! They just seem a little pricey, to me, for plastic containers though.

4 Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 4, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I love how it has a separate container for the salad dressing. The worst is when you pack your salad with dressing the night before and it gets super soggy by the am.

5 NYC Fit GIrl March 4, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Love that Bento Box! I looked into purchasing them but they are expensive!

6 Katy March 4, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I have a similar lunch box! It’s so good for portion control! I try to fill each compartment with a different color or food group.

7 Meghan @ After the Ivy League March 4, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I seriously wrote down on my “to buy” list this weekend: a lunchbox. I’ve been wanting one for awhile since usually I just throw my random lunch stuff into my purse and I’d like to start carrying a smaller purse if I can. This lunch box is like the Cadillac of all lunch boxes!

8 Linz @ Itz Linz March 4, 2013 at 2:04 pm

i love this! i’m so unorganized and so i love things to help with organization – planners, bags with lots of compartments, even lunch boxes!!

9 Annette@FitnessPerks March 4, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Oh my gosh this is awesome!!! I love that the dressing has its own place. That is very cool!!!

10 Tiff (@LoveSweatBeers) March 4, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I think it’s super awesome too! I hate having to carry a purse, laptop bag, and lunch box separately. This would squeeze right into my laptop bag. Want!

11 Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me March 4, 2013 at 2:13 pm

so cute! I usually have a random assortment of tupperware too, so something like that might be handy . . .

12 Emily March 4, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Do they make one that’s just one big box with permanent dividers in it? I would think it would be annoying to wash all of the pieces separately and then have to reassemble it after it’s washed. I hate when I can’t find the matching lids to my Tupperware containers! I love the idea of having everything in one place though!!!

13 Antonia @ Health Inspirations March 4, 2013 at 2:33 pm

That’s the coolest lunch box I’ve ever seen! I want one too!!! So convenient when you’re bringing a bunch of different things.

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 4, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I would be so more likely to take my lunch with me if I had one of those! I hate juggling a lot of containers and I don’t always a ‘one-pot’ meal – those are pretty brilliant.

15 Emily March 4, 2013 at 2:59 pm

So cute!! I want one!

16 Shel@PeachyPalate March 4, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Such a cool idea! I’m the same when I’m heading out…a zillion boxes and bags!

17 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 4, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I love that lunch box!! So adorable! I totally want one now :)

18 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 4, 2013 at 3:34 pm

I am honestly FASCINATED with Bento boxes!! They make for the perfect way to pack a “snacky,” variety-filled lunch. And your lunch looks quite delicious!

19 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit March 4, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Ummm, AMAZING! I love stuff like this, so neat you can keep everything separate & not waste a ton of ziplocs. Very cool!

20 Beks March 4, 2013 at 3:58 pm

I actually have one of those! Haven’t used it in awhile, but I really need to start utilizing it again because it is so convenient. Especially for clean eats. I love perusing the Laptop Lunchbox website. They have a lot of cool stuff for kids AND adults. :-)

21 Ashlee@HisnHers March 4, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Cute! Love the little baby dressing one :-)

22 Tracey @Talkative*TLC March 4, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Um, keeps the salad dressing separate?! That is amazing! Did it work well? Any dressing leak? I’m very tempted to get myself one of these! I see a lot more healthy lunch options being prepared with something like this.

23 Allison March 4, 2013 at 4:31 pm

This is one of the coolest things I have seen in my whole entire life. I need one immediately!

24 Amber Starr at Love, Laugh, Live Well March 4, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I keep seeing these bento boxes everywhere…I need to try one. My lunch pail always has like 6 different containers and turns into a mess.

25 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill March 4, 2013 at 5:07 pm

The kids that I babysit have Bento boxes and they are great!

26 michelle kim March 4, 2013 at 5:44 pm

OMG! That’s so awesome :D
And your lunch looks so good and filling!

27 Brooke @ Running In Heels March 4, 2013 at 6:12 pm

LOVE this! That box is so cute and convenient!

28 Emily @ Maple Miles March 4, 2013 at 6:54 pm

That is adorable!!! I always struggle to fit my lunches into my lunch box so maybe this would be the answer! I feel like if I had one, I would try hard to find something to fit in each container. :)

29 Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake March 4, 2013 at 7:09 pm

OH now that is adorable. Ive heard a lot of people talk about them, but never got one before. I need to go get one. Too cute!

30 Runner Girl Eats March 4, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I am in definite need of a lunch box. I bring so many tupperware pieces everyday in a plastic bag. Its a mess.

31 Katie March 4, 2013 at 7:46 pm

YES! Loving it too! I still have yet to use mine, but oh soon I will! I think it is so cute!

32 Katie March 4, 2013 at 8:22 pm

LOVING how ridiculously organized that lunchbox is. I need one! I just throw all my stuff in a plastic bag.

33 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections March 4, 2013 at 9:19 pm

That’s pretty awesome for a lunch box. I JUST bought my husband a lunch box… Wish I had known about these first. The only downside is that you’d have to wash it out every night before you packed lunch again. I am a dishwasher kind of person, so i see this as a downside ;)

34 Sara @ fitcupcaker March 4, 2013 at 9:30 pm

No way, I need this lunch box, amazing!

35 Julie March 5, 2013 at 12:33 am

So snazzy!

36 Jan @ J Cooks Healthy March 5, 2013 at 5:23 am

I love bento boxes and that adorable lunch box is super cute! I always take so many containers to work for my salad dressing, my daily snacks and breakfast it is crazy. If I bought one of these I couldn’t just buy one I’d have to buy a few and rotate them since I usually prep a few things at a time for the week :)

Loving your simple chicken salad recipe, will definitely have to give that a go.

37 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 5, 2013 at 7:06 am

I got that package from Cascadian Farm too! I haven’t tried my lunch box yet but it does look great! It’s so cute. :) I want to try your recipe for chicken salad. It sounds yummy!

38 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 5, 2013 at 9:19 am

Thats where I ordered mine from a couple years ago – same company! I love it – and actually have that same exact one (diff color!)

39 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples March 5, 2013 at 11:29 am

I love it! …plus now i want some of that chx salad ;) lol

40 kristen @ livinlifeinlouie March 5, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I would LOVE one of these for my son!

41 Jacquelyn March 5, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Love it! Super cute. My lunch also consists of mismatched containers and I was thinking of getting a bento box when I get some extra dough. My problem is I make my lunches and breakfasts on Sunday and portion them into a bunch of containers… I’d need five bento boxes!

42 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills March 5, 2013 at 10:50 pm

I got the same lunch box but in a different color from Cascadian Farm too! It’s so cute. I haven’t used it yet. Did anything spill all over the place when carrying it to work? I am wondering how the things without lids hold up

43 Courtney March 6, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Nope! Everything worked out great!

44 Bek @ Crave March 6, 2013 at 1:26 am

Ahhh so cute! I think I’d need a bigger box though ;) Haha!
Ps. Any chance you could make your comment box automatically fill the boxes- it use to but now you have to re-enter every time! ha.

45 Courtney March 6, 2013 at 1:07 pm

It should be all fixed now! We just had to re-install a plugin :)

46 Joy March 6, 2013 at 3:44 am

I love that! I’d totally carry one

47 Alissa @ Roll of the Spice March 6, 2013 at 11:53 am

I LOVE this!!! I usually have to bring a huge bag with my lunch and snacks in it because my containers are all mismatched.
Alissa @ Roll of the Spice recently posted..Snowfall Fake Out