Decadent

Hey guys! Happy Monday! And a very happy (belated) Mother’s Day to all of the wonderful moms and mom-to-be’s out there!

We had a pretty good weekend over in our neck of the woods. Friday night Jay had a softball game, and we had a pretty good group of us in the stands. So I basically spent my evening chatting away and having some pretty hilarious conversation with my mom, Sarah, Nicole, and Erika (all folks you’ve heard of before around here).

Jay and I had a lazy start to our Saturday, which was just what we needed. After lounging around for a bit, we got ready for the day and headed out to run some errands, including grocery shopping and Home Depot. Yes, I’m pretty sure almost all of our errands include a trip to Home Depot these days…I swear, we’re ALWAYS there for one thing or another. We spent a bunch of time working on the nursery (mostly on the closet) so after a few hours we decided to take a break and head out for a little date night dinner at one of our favorite spots, Brown’s.

We went early thinking we’d beat the crowds, but we still wound up with about a 45 minute wait, so we hung out at the bar and chatted while Jay drank his cherry raspberry beer (SO jealous) and I sipped on my Shirley Temple. Once we got to our table, we decided to order a crock of their french onion soup, which we had spotted earlier while waiting at the bar. It looked SO good…

and it tasted incredible. The crispy onions on top? Ohhhh myyyy gawwwd.

Jay also made it a  point to throw his beer into the pic…pretty sure he was taunting me. ;)

For dinner, both of us wound up craving a burger. I ordered the Chef Luca, which came with smoked Gouda, guacamole(!), bacon, cherry raspberry ale BBQ sauce, and crispy onions. It was pretty good, but not quite as great as the last cheeseburger I had out. I made a decent dent, but couldn’t finish it all.

After dinner we came back home, worked a little bit more in the nursery, and then spent the rest of the evening relaxing and catching up on the DVR from the week. Cody was in the same relaxation mode himself.

He kills me.

For Mother’s Day on Sunday, we started the day with brunch with my in-laws at a local place called Carol’s. (And if you’ve been reading the blog for a looooong time, then you may have seen the one other time when Jay and I visited back in 2010).

We actually chose Carol’s, thinking that it might not be as crowded and wouldn’t require reservations, but we were totally wrong. We did end up having to wait probably a good half hour or so, but it was totally worth it. They were doing a breakfast buffet (also unbeknownst to us), which allowed me to indulge in a little bit of everything.

My favorite was most definitely the french toast, which was made with a killer cinnamon raisin bread. Ohhh it was tasty.

A few hours later, we headed over to my parents’ house for dinner which included lots of yummy stuff from the grill. I had a chicken sausage, baked potato, and loads of incredibly delicious roasted veggies.

I mean, is that not a bowl of heaven or what right there??

I offered to take care of dessert, which I put together a bit earlier in the day.

Just check out that beautiful layering.

I actually used this recipe from Taste of Home which I found on one of my Pinterest boards from a while ago. It’s a no bake recipe, with layers of Oreo cookies, a peanut butter cream cheese layer, peanut butter cups, a chocolate pudding layer, and more Oreos and PB cups. I used light ingredients for most of it, but followed the recipe exactly, and all I can say is that this thing is decadent.

It was sooooo good while I was eating it, but by the time I was finished with my piece, the thought of chocolate or peanut butter just did NOT sound appealing anymore. Whew, that thing was rich beyond belief, and it was awesome…but even still today, I’m not loving the idea of peanut butter or chocolate. What does sound good? Salty chips. Heck, salty anything. I think it’s a good thing I let mom and dad keep the leftovers.

*****

I didn’t realize it until this morning, but that right there is the extent of photos that were taken this weekend. Whoops! But it was still a great weekend, albeit not all that documented. And as for today? Well, I’m draggin’ guys. Big time. And if I’m being honest, I’m feeling a little on the grumpy side too. I did not sleep well at all last night and I am just having a tough time getting back into GO mode this morning. Hopefully I’ll start to perk up once I’m at work and moving. If not, I may have to figure out a way to take a lunchtime snooze. :)

Question for the Morning:

How was your weekend? Do anything special for Mother’s Day?

Comments

That peanut butter chocolate dessert looks so decadent! Oh my!
    Hope you feel better today! Sometimes we just get into those funks. Hopefully, things will start looking brighter today! Maybe a coffee will help perk that up;)
    All the meals look great from the weekend and Cody is so cute as always.
    Can you believe next Mother’s Day you’ll have a little one with you :D So exciting!
    Lisa recently posted..Happenings Lately

Happy Mother’s Day to the soon to be mama! It sounds like you had a great weekend! Mine was incredible as well–I got to see a couple of my best girlfriends that were in town, I had a fancy date night with my hubby, I went to a Twins baseball game, I ran Race for the Cure with my mama on Mother’s Day and then celebrated with the family at our house afterwards! It was a fabulous weekend!
    Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Scenes from My Fun Weekend

You? Grumpy? I don’t believe it! Hehehe. At first when I read your post, I skimmed the first part and thought you said you went to the bar at Home Depot when there was a wait. I was going to say… who knew Home Depot’s had bars in them these days?! Hahhaha. Looks like you had a tasty and relaxing weekend! For my mother’s day, I took my mom out for high tea and we had a lovely time! :)
    Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..beach-ready arms + abs

Everything looks so yummy!

I’m with you on the sleepy Monday thing! We were all over the place yesterday for Mother’s Day so I got to sleep later than usual and I did NOT want to get out of bed. Plus, I’ve got a looong week ahead so that’s not helping anything!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday Snapshots #3

Breakfast buffets are the BEST ever. There’s something about breakfast foods which just make any meal delicious. I’m glad you had a relaxing weekend and got things finished with the nursery! I love coming home to Elmo, too, because he always puts a smile on my face. :)
    Lauren recently posted..PT: No Pain, No Gain.

I don’t blame you for not wanting anything chocolate or peanut butter lol that picture made me want something salty (although it did look gooooddd!). Mmmm that veggie salad looks so good! And that burger, I’ve actually never really cared for one, but that one looked really good! Happy Mother’s Day to you :) I’m hoping as the day goes on, you wake up more :)
    Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Have You Heard!?

Love the pics of Cody…he’s so cute! Wow…that dessert looks awesome! I’m sure it was super rich!

I didn’t sleep well last night either….so annoying! I’m totally with you on having a hard time getting in the groove this a.m. I def couldn’t slept a few more hours. Ugh!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Weekend Recap

Now that dessert definitely sounds epic on the decadence scale, and I’m not sure I’d be able to stomach the thought of chocolate or nut butter after eating something like that either. It’s sad – I used to boast about my ability to eat the richest/sweetest things with no problem, but the older I get, the less able I am to handle those kinds of things in any respectable quantities. Ahh well.

Hope your funk fades away soon, Courtney!

Ooh that looks so yummy! I don’t think I could eat more than one piece though. Breakfast buffets are my WEAKNESS. I can’t stop. I had a very pleasant Mothers Day Weekend! :)
    Leigha recently posted..Run for Boston

10. Lauren says

Sounds like a fun weekend! You are totally allowed to be grumpy getting up for work for the next couple months, the last trimester is exhausting!

11. Amanda says

Looks like a delicious weekend! I definitely feel ya on being grumpy today … I had some really stressful dreams and woke up annoying and unrested. Oh well, just trying to keep to myself today so I don’t rub off on other people and hopefully tomorrow will be better :)

Unfortunately, I did not get to spend Mother’s Day with either my mom or my amazing mother-in-law, but I did get to have a fun chat with both and everyone’s presents arrived on time!!! thank goodness! A breakfast buffet would be bad news bears for me! I love breakfast WAY too much! I’m glad you had a good weekend!
    Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Adventures at Mount Bonnell

Mmm that dessert looks so good! Even though you couldn’t go away for your baby-moon, it still looked like a great weekend! The food all looked amazing, and the buffet?! OMG love those!!

I was dragging today, too, and not in the best mood. I went into school and with the lack of subs I was pulled and never had a prep, but then tacked on extra kids for classes. It was one longgg day! Need to regroup for tomorrow!
    Heather @fitncookies recently posted..An Amazing Day! MIMM

Yumm! That dessert looks fabulous! Looks like you and your husband had a great weekend! My mom and I went to the beach to walk the dogs and spend time outside. Went to the local farmers market nearby and bought her some freshly cut flowers. Can’t go wrong there!

My weekend was great but tiring! I had a bachelorette party in Virginia. I assumed it would be rainy all weekend, but the weather was great, so that was a nice surprise. We went on wine tours all day and danced all night – it was perfect!

I was sad I didn’t get to spend Mother’s Day with my parents though!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..A Winery Kind of Weekend