Banana Bread Pancakes For One

by Courtney on May 29, 2013

Good morning and happy Wednesday! I love the fact that we’re already to the middle of the week…that extra day sure does make a difference.

So I don’t have any WIAW post for you all this morning. Yesterday wound up totally getting away from me and before I knew it, I realized that I had taken zero photos of my food all day long. On top of that, I also had our 32 week prenatal appointment (all is still going well!), followed by our first childbirth class and didn’t wind up getting home until about 9:30 last night.

Can I just tell you how freakin’ hilarious our childbirth class teacher is? Oh. My. Gosh. Her name is Judy and she’s now retired and teaches these classes because it’s what she loves. Well, you can certainly tell it’s what she loves because she had more pep and energy than almost anyone I know. And talk about FUNNY…she had some one-liners last night that had both Jay and I cracking up.

We were both, honestly, sort of dreading the three-hour class for three weeks in a row just because it was so long, but I’m already looking forward to going back next week. Not only for the laughs but because the information is great. AND she had our guys massage us preggo ladies, which is certainly a pretty killer perk!

But now…let’s get to the title of this post, since I’m sure most of you are more interested in that than hearing about me getting a pregnancy massage at my childbirth class last night. Yes, let’s talk pancakes.

Banana Bread Pancakes, to be exact.

All for you.

On Saturday morning, I had the strongest urge for pancakes, but I didn’t want to worry about baking up a full batch of them and then having leftovers. For whatever reason, I just cannot find a way to reheat pancakes to my liking…but anywho.

I also had some ripe bananas that needed using up, so I started searching around the internet for some ideas.

Which eventually led me to this wonderful creation.

Slightly adapted from this recipe.

The pancakes were slightly more dense – very similar to a banana bread texture – so if you’re more of a “light and fluffy” pancake kinda person, these may not be for you. But the flavor, in my opinion, was incredible, and spot on with banana bread.

If I had had them on hand, I most definitely would have added some blueberries into the batter, too…maybe next time. I’d also be willing to bet they’d be delicious topped with some peanut butter & banana slices too, in case syrup isn’t your thing.

All I know is now I’m craving pancakes again like crazy…making the yogurt bowl I have planned sound just not all that exciting. ;)

1 Linz @ Itz Linz May 29, 2013 at 8:50 am

banana bread anything is good – especially pancakes!! now that i have more time in the morning, i’ll have to give these a shot!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Muesli Fusion Breakfast Cookies Recipe

2 Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle May 29, 2013 at 9:02 am

Banana bread is one of my favorites so I am reallllly excited about this recipe! I’ll have to try it sometime.
Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle recently posted..WIAW #4: The One Featuring Bananas

3 Karen May 29, 2013 at 9:02 am

Those pancakes look SO good and I might have to make them on Friday.
Karen recently posted..WIAW & WIWT

4 Amanda May 29, 2013 at 9:05 am

Those pancakes look awesome! I’ve made banana bread French toast before, with leftover banana bread, it’s SO good.

5 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life May 29, 2013 at 9:07 am

I love the idea of banana bread pancakes! I made two loaves of chocolate chip banana bread over the weekend and I just can’t get enough! These look like the would be perfect for a Saturday morning breakfast and as far as toppings go, I think I would choose peanut butter + maple syrup. I am now officially hungry for breakfast #2 lol!

6 Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 29, 2013 at 9:21 am

I’ve never been big on reheating pancakes either – they come out all gummy. And when it comes to something like banana bread pancakes, keeping it at a single serving would probably be best for me because otherwise I may just end up eating the whole huge batch. Love.that.stuff.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … snacking at the crack of dawn .

7 Katie May 29, 2013 at 9:25 am

If you’re in a pinch for banana pancakes, there is a super simple recipe floating around Pinterest that looks ridiculous but is actually really good! One ripe banana mashed with 2 eggs. Add in some cinnamon & vanilla and cook them up like regular pancakes. Crazy easy and really good!

8 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life May 29, 2013 at 9:27 am

LOVE this recipe! I’m not crazy about bananas, but I do love banana bread, so I’ll definitely give these a try.
I’m so glad to hear your teacher is great. And getting a massage out of the class is definitely worth going!
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..WIAW: All Over the Place

9 Leigha May 29, 2013 at 9:27 am

Ohh my gosh I’m making these soon. Anything banana is delicious and you can never go wrong with pancakes! A few days ago I attempted banana pancakes with premade mix plus water. Didn’t work out as great as these look, but still tasted yummy!

10 Amanda @ The Anti Mom May 29, 2013 at 9:31 am

need to make these! my little one would looove them!
Amanda @ The Anti Mom recently posted..Last Minute BBQ Black Bean & Corn Salsa Recipe

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 29, 2013 at 9:46 am

I never end up making pancakes because I don’t like having leftovers…definitely need to remember this recipe!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: More Conference Eats.

12 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 29, 2013 at 9:51 am

Banana pancakes….yum! I made banana pancakes on Monday a.m. for breakfast. Now I’ll have to give this recipe a try! :-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Memorial Day Highlights

13 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns May 29, 2013 at 9:58 am

At least your enjoying the class now :) Mmmm nothing better than banana and pancakes! I use to just cut up the banana and put the slices on top of my pancakes.
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Samoa Donuts For All

14 Lisa May 29, 2013 at 10:03 am

I love single serve recipes. I always hate having tons of leftovers, especially pancakes because I never find they taste as good leftover compared to say muffins.
Anything banana bread flavored is always a winner!
Lisa recently posted..Chocolate SunButter Chia Pudding

15 Beth @ Mangoes and Miles May 29, 2013 at 10:04 am

I don’t like reheating pancakes either! They always get super moist and weird. I love that (1) these are banana-bread flavored and (2) that they’re for one person. I hate having to cut down recipes just because it’s more effort on my part. Thanks so much for this! I’ll definitely be making them soon. :)
Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted..WIAW #3

16 Mallory @ My Quarter Life [Crisis] May 29, 2013 at 10:05 am

Looks so good! I bet they would be amazing with some cinnamon chips :)
Mallory @ My Quarter Life [Crisis] recently posted..Why Your Quarter Life is Like Middle School All Over Again

17 Courtney May 29, 2013 at 10:24 am

Ummm….YESSSSS!!!! :)

18 Lindsay May 29, 2013 at 10:16 am

Those look like delicious diner pancakes. I can’t remember the last time I had a stack. Do you think I could pour that batter into a waffle maker to make some waffles? I just got a Mickey head maker and I’m dying to try it out :)
Lindsay recently posted..what the h wednesday # 9: major burn relief.

19 Courtney May 29, 2013 at 10:25 am

I honestly have no idea, haha! I know pancake and waffle recipes are usually slightly different, so I’d say to proceed at your own risk…but let me know how they turn out if you try! Mickey waffles sound like fun ;)

20 Becky@TheSavedRunner May 29, 2013 at 10:17 am

Oh my goodness that looks amazing! I just ate not too long ago, but now I’m hungry again. :)

21 Teri May 29, 2013 at 10:37 am

Delish!! Also-if you add fresh blueberries its SO yummy!

&teri
Teri recently posted..First Things First.

22 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog May 29, 2013 at 11:02 am

What a great idea! I love a nice dense pancake, so I think this pancake would be perfect for me. Would definitely add pb, bananas, whipped cream and maybe even chocolate syrup on top! Why not?!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: Losing My Voice

23 Ashley @ Life and Fitness May 29, 2013 at 11:12 am

These look really good! I love how thick they are. I’ve never actually had banana bread. Everyone says it’s so good!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..WIAW-Almost Caved

24 Annette@FitnessPerks May 29, 2013 at 11:32 am

Mmmmm pancakes do sound delicious!

25 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 29, 2013 at 11:52 am

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have had a major pancake craving lately and this sounds perfect! I absolutely love that it is for one serving since I only cook for myself! This allows me to do less math and conversions! ;) Sometimes I am feeling too lazy to do all of that…
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Hot and Sweet Pepper Jelly Tempeh

26 Melissa @ Forloveandtravel May 29, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Im so happy you like your birthing class. Sometimes it can be tough and boring if you dont have an exciting teacher. Oh and keep milking the Massage Card, you need it now. I’m so excited about these pancakes, I heading out for groceries for the week and this came at a perfect time. Thanks for sharing.

27 Lauren May 29, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I make her pancakes all the time. They’re definitely so good! Personally, I like the dense texture because it feels more hearty along with the whole wheat flour. Maybe it’s just me? I’m glad you have a good teacher for the class! And Jay should be giving you massages from now on because, well, the teacher said so! ;-)
Lauren recently posted..Butt Massages and Facebook Annoyance

28 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 29, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Those look amazing! I want some now! Yum :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Sticking With Healthy Plans While on Vacation

29 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 29, 2013 at 12:28 pm

YUM! I’m desperately craving pancakes but I’ve been far too lazy to make them lately. I really think that needs to change because those look fantastic!!

30 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples May 29, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Those banana pancakes look delish! :) Hey quick question: what type of camera do you use? I’ve never done WIAW, but I was thinking of maybe starting… but my iPhone pics aren’t really cutting it – that and maybe I just don’t make that pretty of food LOL
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Exercise May Protect Against Alcohol’s Effect on Cognitive Abilities

31 Courtney May 29, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Lately, a majority of my photos are from my iPhone, but these photos are actually from my Canon DSLR. I have the T3 and I love it!

32 Michelle Kim May 29, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Yum! I love banana bread! I’m going to add some walnuts or something because I love to find walnuts in my banana bread… and I think I’ll like finding them in my pancakes, too. Thanks for the recipe!

33 Presh May 29, 2013 at 1:48 pm

The pancakes look so yummy!!!
I am a pancake fiend.
Mmmm. Nom Nom Nom!
I’ve only had banana bread once and I was in love
so I have no doubt these pancakes would be divine.
So good your childbirth class turned out to be good!
Presh recently posted..Workout Wednesday: Sexy, Sultry Legs!

34 Annie May 29, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I made these as soon as you posted. Can’t beat pancakes for dinner right? I’m not a massive fan of banana bread but I had a banana that needed using so thought that pancakes would be good. Oh yes, these pancakes are delicious! I didn’t top them with anything but even plain they were amazing! This recipe is a keeper!

35 Danica @ It's Progression May 29, 2013 at 3:29 pm

YUM! just pinned this to try out sometime soon :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..wiaw: summer at home

36 Kelly @ Femme Fitale May 29, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Yum! I’d definitely be adding some peanut or almond butter on top, as you suggested!!
Glad your pregnancy classes are a hit. Ours was one entire day (for 9 straight hours)…needless to say, it wasn’t much fun!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Gym Peeves and a little WW

37 Brooke @ Running In Heels May 29, 2013 at 7:49 pm

OMG. I might make these for dinner. SO GOOD!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Bachelorette Episode 1 Recap

38 Brittany @ Balance and Bananas May 29, 2013 at 7:52 pm

This looks soooo good! I’ve already got the ingredients lined up for tomorrow morning! Can’t wait! To be honest, your pancakes look MUCH more appetizing than the original recipe!
Brittany @ Balance and Bananas recently posted..WIAW: Bachelorette Recap

39 Meghan @ After the Ivy League May 29, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Love banana pancakes! One of my favorite recipes is my banana nut pancakes, adding cinnamon to the batter makes all the difference!

40 Miranda @ Miranda Runs May 29, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Childbirth classes? Cravings? Pancakes? It’s like your pregnant or something ;)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..WIAW 5/29- Feelin Snacky

41 Ellie@Fit for the soul May 29, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I love my pancakes fluffy AND dense, so that’s never problem for me! Although if it actually keeps me full, that’s even better.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Freezing Meals Ahead of Time

42 Cate@Mangoes Margarita May 29, 2013 at 11:56 pm

I am always looking for ways to use up my ripe bananas & this looks delish! My fiance is out of town for the rest of the week, so I’ve been trying to think of dinners he wouldn’t necessarily want but I love (who doesn’t like breakfast for dinner though?!). Thanks for the yummy recipe, can’t wait to try!!

43 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen May 30, 2013 at 5:00 am

YUM! I love banana pancakes :) Thanks for sharing because these look so tasty!!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..High Intensity Circuit

44 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 30, 2013 at 7:06 am

I’m always searching for a good pancake recipe and these sound amazing! Definitely want to try making these one morning. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Spinach, Mushroom & Cheese Omelette Making!…

45 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog May 30, 2013 at 10:44 am

I could seriously live on pancakes…
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Heart Attacks in Women – I thought I had the flu…

46 Amanda @ A Latte Learn May 30, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I love any and all pancakes; I can’t wait to try these!!!
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..Sight Word Differentiation Game

47 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats May 30, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I haven’t had pancakes in a while and now I am seriously craving some. These look sooo good!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Appalachian Mountain Brewery and winning all the games

48 Megan May 30, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I’m mildly obsessed with any and all types of pancakes and these look awesome! Have you ever tried reheating them in the toaster oven? I like my pancakes firm on the outside and fluffy on the inside and the toaster makes that happen perfectly the second time around. I always make extra just because I love them so much that way!

PS I bet chocolate chips would be awesome in this recipe too. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
Megan recently posted..Stuff, Lately.

49 Kristi May 31, 2013 at 7:08 am

I always end up having ripe bananas that I need to hurry and use, and am always looking for a new banana recipe to try. Being that I’m the only one in my house that likes banana this recipe would be perfect for me.
Kristi recently posted..My Best Friend

50 Bek @ Crave May 31, 2013 at 8:03 am

There’s just something about healthy pancakes that are SO good.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..I’m Still Here

51 Christy May 31, 2013 at 11:24 am

Justin and I had Judy over at Bellevue! She was funny. Wait until she plays the Kegels song…

52 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 4, 2013 at 11:54 am

Yuuuuuup – making these manana!

53 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 27, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I made these tonight and they were SO delicious! I topped mine with warm blackberry jam :).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: June 26, 2013

54 Brittany @ Freckled Nettles July 12, 2013 at 8:40 pm

These look divine! Thanks for the recipe! Have a wonderful weekend :)