Banana Bread Pancakes For One

Good morning and happy Wednesday! I love the fact that we’re already to the middle of the week…that extra day sure does make a difference.

So I don’t have any WIAW post for you all this morning. Yesterday wound up totally getting away from me and before I knew it, I realized that I had taken zero photos of my food all day long. On top of that, I also had our 32 week prenatal appointment (all is still going well!), followed by our first childbirth class and didn’t wind up getting home until about 9:30 last night.

Can I just tell you how freakin’ hilarious our childbirth class teacher is? Oh. My. Gosh. Her name is Judy and she’s now retired and teaches these classes because it’s what she loves. Well, you can certainly tell it’s what she loves because she had more pep and energy than almost anyone I know. And talk about FUNNY…she had some one-liners last night that had both Jay and I cracking up.

We were both, honestly, sort of dreading the three-hour class for three weeks in a row just because it was so long, but I’m already looking forward to going back next week. Not only for the laughs but because the information is great. AND she had our guys massage us preggo ladies, which is certainly a pretty killer perk!

But now…let’s get to the title of this post, since I’m sure most of you are more interested in that than hearing about me getting a pregnancy massage at my childbirth class last night. Yes, let’s talk pancakes.

Banana Bread Pancakes, to be exact.

All for you.

On Saturday morning, I had the strongest urge for pancakes, but I didn’t want to worry about baking up a full batch of them and then having leftovers. For whatever reason, I just cannot find a way to reheat pancakes to my liking…but anywho.

I also had some ripe bananas that needed using up, so I started searching around the internet for some ideas.

Which eventually led me to this wonderful creation.

Slightly adapted from this recipe.

The pancakes were slightly more dense – very similar to a banana bread texture – so if you’re more of a “light and fluffy” pancake kinda person, these may not be for you. But the flavor, in my opinion, was incredible, and spot on with banana bread.

If I had had them on hand, I most definitely would have added some blueberries into the batter, too…maybe next time. I’d also be willing to bet they’d be delicious topped with some peanut butter & banana slices too, in case syrup isn’t your thing.

All I know is now I’m craving pancakes again like crazy…making the yogurt bowl I have planned sound just not all that exciting. ;)

Comments

1. Amanda says

Those pancakes look awesome! I’ve made banana bread French toast before, with leftover banana bread, it’s SO good.

I love the idea of banana bread pancakes! I made two loaves of chocolate chip banana bread over the weekend and I just can’t get enough! These look like the would be perfect for a Saturday morning breakfast and as far as toppings go, I think I would choose peanut butter + maple syrup. I am now officially hungry for breakfast #2 lol!

3. Katie says

If you’re in a pinch for banana pancakes, there is a super simple recipe floating around Pinterest that looks ridiculous but is actually really good! One ripe banana mashed with 2 eggs. Add in some cinnamon & vanilla and cook them up like regular pancakes. Crazy easy and really good!

4. Leigha says

Ohh my gosh I’m making these soon. Anything banana is delicious and you can never go wrong with pancakes! A few days ago I attempted banana pancakes with premade mix plus water. Didn’t work out as great as these look, but still tasted yummy!

I don’t like reheating pancakes either! They always get super moist and weird. I love that (1) these are banana-bread flavored and (2) that they’re for one person. I hate having to cut down recipes just because it’s more effort on my part. Thanks so much for this! I’ll definitely be making them soon. :)
    Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted..WIAW #3

• Courtney says

I honestly have no idea, haha! I know pancake and waffle recipes are usually slightly different, so I’d say to proceed at your own risk…but let me know how they turn out if you try! Mickey waffles sound like fun ;)

6. Melissa @ Forloveandtravel says

Im so happy you like your birthing class. Sometimes it can be tough and boring if you dont have an exciting teacher. Oh and keep milking the Massage Card, you need it now. I’m so excited about these pancakes, I heading out for groceries for the week and this came at a perfect time. Thanks for sharing.

I make her pancakes all the time. They’re definitely so good! Personally, I like the dense texture because it feels more hearty along with the whole wheat flour. Maybe it’s just me? I’m glad you have a good teacher for the class! And Jay should be giving you massages from now on because, well, the teacher said so! ;-)
    Lauren recently posted..Butt Massages and Facebook Annoyance

• Courtney says

Lately, a majority of my photos are from my iPhone, but these photos are actually from my Canon DSLR. I have the T3 and I love it!

Yum! I love banana bread! I’m going to add some walnuts or something because I love to find walnuts in my banana bread… and I think I’ll like finding them in my pancakes, too. Thanks for the recipe!

9. Annie says

I made these as soon as you posted. Can’t beat pancakes for dinner right? I’m not a massive fan of banana bread but I had a banana that needed using so thought that pancakes would be good. Oh yes, these pancakes are delicious! I didn’t top them with anything but even plain they were amazing! This recipe is a keeper!

I am always looking for ways to use up my ripe bananas & this looks delish! My fiance is out of town for the rest of the week, so I’ve been trying to think of dinners he wouldn’t necessarily want but I love (who doesn’t like breakfast for dinner though?!). Thanks for the yummy recipe, can’t wait to try!!

I’m mildly obsessed with any and all types of pancakes and these look awesome! Have you ever tried reheating them in the toaster oven? I like my pancakes firm on the outside and fluffy on the inside and the toaster makes that happen perfectly the second time around. I always make extra just because I love them so much that way!

PS I bet chocolate chips would be awesome in this recipe too. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
    Megan recently posted..Stuff, Lately.

I always end up having ripe bananas that I need to hurry and use, and am always looking for a new banana recipe to try. Being that I’m the only one in my house that likes banana this recipe would be perfect for me.
    Kristi recently posted..My Best Friend

Trackbacks

1. […] and when they’re actually good for you (aka: you can eat more!) then sign me up! These Banana Bread Pancakes got me craving…lucky I had some Protein Pancakes last night post dinner […]