Fun Facts Friday {6/21}

1. Okay, so I finally remembered one of the things that I’ve been meaning to include in these posts for oh, I don’t know, the past month? So seriously, what’s up with this whole Google Reader thing going away? Not cool. I’ve only tried a couple of other readers quickly, but I don’t like (aka, don’t want to adjust) to any of them. What are you guys using and loving? I need help.

2. Happy first day of summer! Ohhh, how I love summer. Now if we could juuuuuust get our act together and get our darn pool open. Hopefully this weekend.

3. I really want to make some homemade salsa and eat it with about 1,000 salty tortilla chips. Actually, scratch that. I want someone else to make me homemade salsa so I can eat it with about 1,000 salty tortilla chips. Yessss…that sounds better.

4. This past week I’ve made two freezer meals and have ingredients ready to make one more. So far we’ve got BBQ Pulled Chicken (of course), this Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup, and the ingredients to make these Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas. I’m also totally planning on stealing Kristen’s idea and making cookie dough to keep in the freezer. Genius.

5. FOUR WEEKS. Holy crap. It’s amazing how one minute I am so calm, cool, and collected, and ready for this little guy to make his appearance. Then the next minute, I’m freaking out and wondering how the heck all of this motherhood stuff goes down. This is normal, right? 😉

6. I’ve just decided (literally, right this second) that I want pizza on the grill this weekend. It’s been way too long.

7. Pizza on the grill will not be happening tonight though, because Jay and I are going out for date night! Well, that’s the plan at least. We’ll see how I’m feeling once the end of the workday hits. Friday nights usually = verrrry little energy.

8. I wish you guys could see the way my belly is moving around right now. It’s sort of unreal and just way too cool. Little man is a maniac in there…maybe he wants out. 😉

9. I’m sorry I haven’t been around all that much lately with the blog. As much as I miss checking in with you guys more often, it’s just not really in the cards for me right now. Thanks to those of you who have continued to stick around – it means so much!

10. I can’t believe it..I actually have no pictures to share with you guys today. That never happens! Ahh well…hey, here’s to FRIDAY, everyone! Have a fantastic weekend!

Comments

Haha, I always forget what I’m going to write too and then about a month later I finally remember to include it in a post.
    I’m pretty sad about this google reader situation, and I still haven’t switched over to another one because I don’t really like feedly or bloglovin. I actually tried theoldreader.com and that one’s pretty much the closest to google reader, as far as I can tell.
    Can’t believe there’s four weeks left. So exciting!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Lisa recently posted..Coffee Talk And Buckwheat Quinoa Flatbread

I’ve been using Blog Lovin and I’m not crazy about it. The App keeps giving me an issue so ill have to check out Feedly. It’s totally understandable that you have to scale back with the blog. You are at such an exciting point in life and you need to savor every moment. We’ll still be here! And I can’t wait to what an adorable little boy you and Jay created!
    Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..All Over The Place + A Heart Pumping Playlist

I have no idea why they decided to kill Reader either :( I tried Bloglovin, but just couldn’t get in to it. Right now I’m using Feedly, and I like it well enough. It’s pretty similar to Reader, plus it takes all of about 5 seconds to transfer all your Google data over, so you don’t have to worry about re-following blogs.

4. Sarah says

I’m using bloglovin’ and really enjoying it! you get to see the actual blog then click next to move to your next unread post! Plus it will switch all of your google reader blogs over automatically!

5. Kathryn says

Apparently I’m out of the loop, I have no clue what’s going on with Reader, lol.

4 weeks, yeah, that’s about when I started freaking out, too. On one hand, you’re so ready for the baby to be here, on the other hand, you suddenly realize YOU ONLY HAVE 4 WEEKS and feel like you don’t have enough time to do everything. Of course, I’m one of those that waits until the last month to start doing everything so…maybe that’s just me?

As for not posting…I have 2 kids, I understand things slipping by. I will continue to stick around, because I love your posts.

I use Bloglovin’ and like it a lot. It’s not too hard to work and although I miss Google Reader, it does the trick. Honestly, I think stepping away from the blog is perfectly acceptable considering you’re preparing for a new little man to enter the world!!! So excited! I would have some nerves attached, as well, so don’t worry. You’re going to be GREAT parents!

7. jessica says

As mentioned by others, Feedly is supposed to be the best replacement. I actually just set mine up this morning!
    Totally stealing your pizza on the grill idea — weather permitting

8. Melissa says

The Old Reader looks and behaves a lot like Google Reader. I’ve tried Feedly and Bloglovin, too, and like this best.

9. Jentry Nielsen says

I agree with the salsa, I love homemade salsa so much, yet hate making it! Love when others get that urge to so I can reap the benefits though! :) ha
    I can’t believe you only have 4 weeks left! I feel like it was just the other day you were showing the cute ornaments and announcing you were prego! Time sure flies!

Four weeks? Wow! Congrats!! If your baby is born on July 21st, you might have the coolest child ever…I happen to know someone else born on that day 30 years ago (me!) and she’s pretty cool. haha

Pizza on the grill sounds great! I’ve been really into the grill thing lately so I’ll have to try it. I’ll check out your post :-)

I use bloglovin as a reader, and I like it.

Happy Friday!!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..A Natural Boy Meets an Artificial Girl

I have been using bloglovin’. I find it to be the same as Google Reader, just need to go to another website.

4 weeks! I know it seems like FOREVER! but very soon also. Baby Fudge will be making her appearance July 24th, but I am definately over being pregnant now.

I just switched over to Feedly and I really love it. It did everything automatically, which was nice, because I’m pretty lazy. Four weeks!!! I know I already told you this, but I had my first at 37 weeks- so just be prepared for anything! I also know a girl who just had her first at 41 and a half weeks. I think that might be the worst part of pregnancy- the WAITING!
    Nicole @ Curly Mommy recently posted..Hey, remember me?

Cookie dough in the freezer is an awesome idea! I do the same thing with cupcake/cake batter. Sometimes customers will want a sample box so instead of making enough batter for only one of each kind of cupcake, I’ll prepare an entire batch of batter and freeze whatever I don’t use. So much easier!
    Ashley recently posted..What State Are You in Now?

14. Stacey M. says

No worries about not being as present on your blog … we all understand how busy you are with everything else that’s going on in your life right now. Remember, it’s OK to take a break from social media sometimes – especially when you’re preparing for the birth of your child! I will continue to read, that’s for sure – your blog is my absolute favorite!

I’ve never used a reader before till now, and it’s Bloglovin’. I can’t compare it to other things but I really do like it! It has helped me find lots of new sites I’m in love with.

And if I may give some unsolicited advice~enjoy everyyyyy single moment you have now and even from the day you give birth! I just gave birth 5 days ago and I can’t believe that I’m actually MISSING that very day~was it painful? Oh my…yes…but strangely enough, I find myself missing the day before all the time because I feel like my little princess is growing so fast already! lol. Pheww got that out of my system. 😛 Have a great one and enjoy these last 4 weeks, Courtney! You’re doing fantastic!
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Selah is Here!

Four weeks will come and go quicker than you can imagine. Actually..one week, and Baby Tooth will technically be ready to boogie!! Enjoy your date night(s), go get a pedicure in the next week or two, and enjoy the last few weeks of that belly!

Four weeks is nothing!! I cannot wait to see how adorable little baby tooth is going to be!!

Blogging can be hard when your focus is forced to shift a bit. When you have the baby, you will have to adjust AGAIN but I don’t care how often you post. Once a day or once a week, I will be checking in. :-)
    Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..First Day of Summer and a Goal

The freezer meals are a smart idea since you won’t have much free time (or hands) to throw together supper when the little one gets here. However, I hope for your sake you can eat them. I say that because I could eat anything I wanted while Prego without issue, however once the kid was born I find that many ‘tasty’ items give the baby gas (he’s breast fed) so we stick to boring bland items :(
    Christy recently posted..Four Weeks

I transfered over to Feedly…it was so easy! It literally took a few seconds. You log in using your Google Reader info, it transfers over all of your feeds, and even transfers over your favorites- perfect and so easy to use!
    Maria@The_Brooklyn_Fig recently posted..End of Year Gifts

I’ve been using Bloglovin and I am really liking it for the most part. I tried Feedly but wasn’t quite feeling it. I loved the “next” button from Google Reader I had installed on my bookmarks bar and I really miss that but so far Bloglovin has been a good replacement.
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..June Photo A Day #2