Fun Facts Friday {6/21}

by Courtney on June 21, 2013

1. Okay, so I finally remembered one of the things that I’ve been meaning to include in these posts for oh, I don’t know, the past month? So seriously, what’s up with this whole Google Reader thing going away? Not cool. I’ve only tried a couple of other readers quickly, but I don’t like (aka, don’t want to adjust) to any of them. What are you guys using and loving? I need help.

2. Happy first day of summer! Ohhh, how I love summer. Now if we could juuuuuust get our act together and get our darn pool open. Hopefully this weekend.

3. I really want to make some homemade salsa and eat it with about 1,000 salty tortilla chips. Actually, scratch that. I want someone else to make me homemade salsa so I can eat it with about 1,000 salty tortilla chips. Yessss…that sounds better.

4. This past week I’ve made two freezer meals and have ingredients ready to make one more. So far we’ve got BBQ Pulled Chicken (of course), this Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup, and the ingredients to make these Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas. I’m also totally planning on stealing Kristen’s idea and making cookie dough to keep in the freezer. Genius.

5. FOUR WEEKS. Holy crap. It’s amazing how one minute I am so calm, cool, and collected, and ready for this little guy to make his appearance. Then the next minute, I’m freaking out and wondering how the heck all of this motherhood stuff goes down. This is normal, right? ;)

6. I’ve just decided (literally, right this second) that I want pizza on the grill this weekend. It’s been way too long.

7. Pizza on the grill will not be happening tonight though, because Jay and I are going out for date night! Well, that’s the plan at least. We’ll see how I’m feeling once the end of the workday hits. Friday nights usually = verrrry little energy.

8. I wish you guys could see the way my belly is moving around right now. It’s sort of unreal and just way too cool. Little man is a maniac in there…maybe he wants out. ;)

9. I’m sorry I haven’t been around all that much lately with the blog. As much as I miss checking in with you guys more often, it’s just not really in the cards for me right now. Thanks to those of you who have continued to stick around – it means so much!

10. I can’t believe it..I actually have no pictures to share with you guys today. That never happens! Ahh well…hey, here’s to FRIDAY, everyone! Have a fantastic weekend!

1 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction June 21, 2013 at 9:36 am

How exciting! a couple weeks left before you get to meet your beautiful child :) I remember that feeling – makes me want to have another {not quite yet}.

I am using Bloglovin’ for blog reading now.
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..5 on Friday 6-21

2 Brooke June 21, 2013 at 9:36 am

Bloglovin’ or Feedly for new readers!

3 Lisa June 21, 2013 at 9:37 am

Haha, I always forget what I’m going to write too and then about a month later I finally remember to include it in a post.
I’m pretty sad about this google reader situation, and I still haven’t switched over to another one because I don’t really like feedly or bloglovin. I actually tried theoldreader.com and that one’s pretty much the closest to google reader, as far as I can tell.
Can’t believe there’s four weeks left. So exciting!!
Have a great weekend.
Lisa recently posted..Coffee Talk And Buckwheat Quinoa Flatbread

4 Brooke June 21, 2013 at 9:38 am

Bloglovin’ or Feedly for new readers!
Brooke recently posted..1 Month Postpartum Update and Father’s Day

5 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution June 21, 2013 at 9:38 am

I love Feedly on the computer, but on my phone I don’t like the format of it, so I’ve been using Feeddler RSS
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..I Need to Run 37 Miles in 12 Days

6 Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique June 21, 2013 at 9:45 am

Keeping cookie dough in the freezer is genius. And in a pinch, you can even microwave one for about 15 seconds.

7 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian June 21, 2013 at 9:47 am

I’ve been using Feedly and loving it. Very easy to use. It took a little getting used to, but I would say maybe only a couple days. Happy weekend!!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..Why I’m Running Marine Corps – Team Micah

8 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 21, 2013 at 9:55 am

I’ve been using Blog Lovin and I’m not crazy about it. The App keeps giving me an issue so ill have to check out Feedly. It’s totally understandable that you have to scale back with the blog. You are at such an exciting point in life and you need to savor every moment. We’ll still be here! And I can’t wait to what an adorable little boy you and Jay created!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..All Over The Place + A Heart Pumping Playlist

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 21, 2013 at 9:56 am

I have no idea why they decided to kill Reader either :( I tried Bloglovin, but just couldn’t get in to it. Right now I’m using Feedly, and I like it well enough. It’s pretty similar to Reader, plus it takes all of about 5 seconds to transfer all your Google data over, so you don’t have to worry about re-following blogs.

10 Lindsay @ Typically Late June 21, 2013 at 9:57 am

I’ve been trying to start using Feedly – going to have to get into the habit before the 1st! I don’t love BlogLovin’ like other people seem to. Plus, Feedly syncs with Reader right now – so everything copied over easily!
Lindsay @ Typically Late recently posted..White Bean Basil Hummus

11 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 21, 2013 at 10:02 am

Oh, I’m so happy summer is here too! It’s definitely my favorite time of year!

I use the Wordpress Reader.

4 weeks…yay!!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Power Foods Friday

12 Sarah June 21, 2013 at 10:10 am

I’m using bloglovin’ and really enjoying it! you get to see the actual blog then click next to move to your next unread post! Plus it will switch all of your google reader blogs over automatically!

13 Kathryn June 21, 2013 at 10:12 am

Apparently I’m out of the loop, I have no clue what’s going on with Reader, lol.

4 weeks, yeah, that’s about when I started freaking out, too. On one hand, you’re so ready for the baby to be here, on the other hand, you suddenly realize YOU ONLY HAVE 4 WEEKS and feel like you don’t have enough time to do everything. Of course, I’m one of those that waits until the last month to start doing everything so…maybe that’s just me?

As for not posting…I have 2 kids, I understand things slipping by. I will continue to stick around, because I love your posts.

14 Shel@PeachyPalate June 21, 2013 at 10:13 am

Enjoy date night and your grilled pizza whenever it happens :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Pretty pink swirled blondies

15 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 21, 2013 at 10:14 am

I cannot wait to see how your pizza on the grill goes. I am so in love with the idea of that, but I do not have a grill :(.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Hawaiian Portobello Mushroom Burgers

16 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns June 21, 2013 at 10:16 am

Defiantly weird with no pictures, but completely understandable :) I’ve never had a kid, but I’m guessing it’s normal to be getting nervous, probably just means you’re getting excited :) Have a great weekend :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Give Me Some Cayenne And Chocolate

17 Lauren June 21, 2013 at 10:26 am

I use Bloglovin’ and like it a lot. It’s not too hard to work and although I miss Google Reader, it does the trick. Honestly, I think stepping away from the blog is perfectly acceptable considering you’re preparing for a new little man to enter the world!!! So excited! I would have some nerves attached, as well, so don’t worry. You’re going to be GREAT parents!

18 Lisa June 21, 2013 at 10:26 am

I use the Wordpress Reader.
Lisa recently posted..Saturday Things

19 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 21, 2013 at 10:27 am

Freezing cookie dough IS a genius idea! ;) I’ve been using Bloglovin’, and while I didn’t love it at first, it’s definitely grown on me and I can say that I DO love it now!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Hunter: 12 Weeks

20 jessica June 21, 2013 at 10:55 am

As mentioned by others, Feedly is supposed to be the best replacement. I actually just set mine up this morning!
Totally stealing your pizza on the grill idea — weather permitting

21 Melissa June 21, 2013 at 11:10 am

The Old Reader looks and behaves a lot like Google Reader. I’ve tried Feedly and Bloglovin, too, and like this best.

22 Ashley @ Life and Fitness June 21, 2013 at 11:12 am

I’m going to use Google reader til the last minute then switch over to Bloglovin. Grilled homemade pizza on the BBQ is a genius idea. Hope ya don’t mind me stealing this idea ;)
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Cloud Gazing

23 Jentry Nielsen June 21, 2013 at 11:17 am

I agree with the salsa, I love homemade salsa so much, yet hate making it! Love when others get that urge to so I can reap the benefits though! :) ha
I can’t believe you only have 4 weeks left! I feel like it was just the other day you were showing the cute ornaments and announcing you were prego! Time sure flies!

24 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog June 21, 2013 at 11:19 am

Four weeks? Wow! Congrats!! If your baby is born on July 21st, you might have the coolest child ever…I happen to know someone else born on that day 30 years ago (me!) and she’s pretty cool. haha

Pizza on the grill sounds great! I’ve been really into the grill thing lately so I’ll have to try it. I’ll check out your post :-)

I use bloglovin as a reader, and I like it.

Happy Friday!!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..A Natural Boy Meets an Artificial Girl

25 Leigha June 21, 2013 at 11:22 am

I use Bloglovin’. I never used Google Reader so it wasn’t a big deal to try it! 4 weeks is going to be here in no time- I’m so excited for you!! Hope you have a great date night!
Leigha recently posted..Quick leave of absence

26 Dawn June 21, 2013 at 11:27 am

I have been using bloglovin’. I find it to be the same as Google Reader, just need to go to another website.

4 weeks! I know it seems like FOREVER! but very soon also. Baby Fudge will be making her appearance July 24th, but I am definately over being pregnant now.

27 Kelly June 21, 2013 at 11:31 am

I’ve been using bloglovin’ forever, I love it!!!

Happy date night!! Hope you go someplace nice, it’s a nice day out soooo maybe take advantage of that? Have a great weekend!
Kelly recently posted..I’m (sort of) Unique!

28 sara @ Fitcupcaker June 21, 2013 at 11:34 am

Ive never had pizza on the grill. Happy Friday!
sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..Wiped

29 Grace June 21, 2013 at 11:57 am

I’m using Feedly and really like it! Enjoy your date night!

30 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers June 21, 2013 at 11:57 am

Yes! Happy Friday & Happy Summer! Enjoy your date night tonight. I’m sure you’ll have a great time.
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..News Flash!

31 Sophie @ life's philosophie June 21, 2013 at 11:58 am

I use Feedly and so I love it. Great interface and easy to use. There was also a really smooth transition from Google Reader to Feedly.

32 Katie June 21, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I’ve been using feedly, I don’t love it…I’ve found the app on my phone freezes a lot =(

33 Jenny June 21, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I asked this same question recently! It was a toss up between bloglovin and feedly. I use feedly right now. It’s ‘okay’. It may just need some adjustment period, but I do like that you could transfer everything over.
Jenny recently posted..Keeping a Food Log & Tracking Macro Nutrients

34 Sabina June 21, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Try INOReader Its great – just like google reader!!!

35 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 21, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I am a huge fan of Bloglovin’!! Plus it gets other blogger pageviews, and Google Reader did not
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..What Happens When Your Computer Dies?

36 Katie June 21, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Bloglovin’ is what I’m using! I LOVE IT

37 Nicole @ Curly Mommy June 21, 2013 at 1:13 pm

I just switched over to Feedly and I really love it. It did everything automatically, which was nice, because I’m pretty lazy. Four weeks!!! I know I already told you this, but I had my first at 37 weeks- so just be prepared for anything! I also know a girl who just had her first at 41 and a half weeks. I think that might be the worst part of pregnancy- the WAITING!
Nicole @ Curly Mommy recently posted..Hey, remember me?

38 Clare @ Fitting It All In June 21, 2013 at 1:27 pm

switched to feedly a few months ago and love it! has a great phone app too

39 Miranda @ Miranda Runs June 21, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I’ve been using Bloglovin’ now. It’s pretty easy to use! I like it :) I can’t believe you’re 4 weeks out!! Ahh that’s crazy!
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..FAQ Friday #2

40 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 21, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I’ve been using Feedly, which has been doing the job. I tried Bloglovin’ for a while, but I found that for some blogs it didn’t update very well – as in would take a day or two. If you have the energy for date night – enjoy it!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 06/21/13.

41 Danica @ It's Progression June 21, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I use Bloglovin’ for everything now. It took a little time to adjust to it from gReader, of course, but I really like it.
Pizza on the grill is a summer staple at our house – so good!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Five Things for Friday

42 Natalie @ Free Range Human June 21, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Courtney, are you guys fans of lasagna?

This is my go-to lasagna recipe, and it freezes really really well! I’m sure you can’t have too many meals frozen and ready to go with a newborn so I thought I’d share!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Heartbroken

43 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 21, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I tried both feedly and bloglovin, and I have to say I like feedly more! It is the closest to google reader in my opinion :)

44 Brooke @ Running In Heels June 21, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I have Bloglovin but I’m not a huge fan. I LOVE feedly though!! It’s a lot like google reader!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..The Bachelorette Episode 4 Recap: Ranking The Bachelors

45 Tara@PNWRunner June 21, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Okay ever sense you posted pictures of soft serve with sprinkles, I’ve been craving it like crazy. I have yet to indulge, but it will happen!! Happy first day of SUMMER!!
Tara@PNWRunner recently posted..No Bake PB2 Oatmeal Banana Bites

46 Ashley June 21, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Cookie dough in the freezer is an awesome idea! I do the same thing with cupcake/cake batter. Sometimes customers will want a sample box so instead of making enough batter for only one of each kind of cupcake, I’ll prepare an entire batch of batter and freeze whatever I don’t use. So much easier!
Ashley recently posted..What State Are You in Now?

47 ML June 21, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I switched to Feedly…..it migrates all of Reader over and you don’ thave to do anything

48 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 21, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Smart move on the cookie dough, my friend. ;) Believe me, you won’t regret it!

Hope you have a great date night with your hubby. My mom is in town this weekend from Florida, so Brandon and I actually get a date night tonight, too! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addison Grace: 2 Months Old

49 Linz @ Itz Linz June 21, 2013 at 4:17 pm

YOU have a great weekend, too, my friend! :) :) You know we’ll always be here! xoxo
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Old School Blogging

50 Stacey M. June 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm

No worries about not being as present on your blog … we all understand how busy you are with everything else that’s going on in your life right now. Remember, it’s OK to take a break from social media sometimes – especially when you’re preparing for the birth of your child! I will continue to read, that’s for sure – your blog is my absolute favorite!

51 Claire @ Health Nut Claire June 21, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Pizzas on the grill are the BEST!
Claire @ Health Nut Claire recently posted..Bestowed Giveaway!

52 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples June 21, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Pizza on the grill sounds so good! Now I just need to find someone to make it for me… someone with a grill lol :) Happy Friday!! :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Channing Tatum Talks Psychotropic Drugs

53 Ellie@Fit for the soul June 21, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I’ve never used a reader before till now, and it’s Bloglovin’. I can’t compare it to other things but I really do like it! It has helped me find lots of new sites I’m in love with.

And if I may give some unsolicited advice~enjoy everyyyyy single moment you have now and even from the day you give birth! I just gave birth 5 days ago and I can’t believe that I’m actually MISSING that very day~was it painful? Oh my…yes…but strangely enough, I find myself missing the day before all the time because I feel like my little princess is growing so fast already! lol. Pheww got that out of my system. :P Have a great one and enjoy these last 4 weeks, Courtney! You’re doing fantastic!
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Selah is Here!

54 Kelly @ Femme Fitale June 21, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Four weeks will come and go quicker than you can imagine. Actually..one week, and Baby Tooth will technically be ready to boogie!! Enjoy your date night(s), go get a pedicure in the next week or two, and enjoy the last few weeks of that belly!

55 Suzanne @ Mixing It Up June 21, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Four weeks is nothing!! I cannot wait to see how adorable little baby tooth is going to be!!

Blogging can be hard when your focus is forced to shift a bit. When you have the baby, you will have to adjust AGAIN but I don’t care how often you post. Once a day or once a week, I will be checking in. :-)
Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..First Day of Summer and a Goal

56 Christy June 22, 2013 at 6:42 am

The freezer meals are a smart idea since you won’t have much free time (or hands) to throw together supper when the little one gets here. However, I hope for your sake you can eat them. I say that because I could eat anything I wanted while Prego without issue, however once the kid was born I find that many ‘tasty’ items give the baby gas (he’s breast fed) so we stick to boring bland items :(
Christy recently posted..Four Weeks

57 Sarah @ A Refining Adventure June 22, 2013 at 8:21 am

Salty tortilla chips are one of my favorite things. Sometimes I crave something good and salty! I can’t believe you’re going to be a mama in a mere matter of weeks! I know you must be so excited!
Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..Fun Facts Friday (6/21)

58 Maria@The_Brooklyn_Fig June 22, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I transfered over to Feedly…it was so easy! It literally took a few seconds. You log in using your Google Reader info, it transfers over all of your feeds, and even transfers over your favorites- perfect and so easy to use!
Maria@The_Brooklyn_Fig recently posted..End of Year Gifts

59 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 22, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I’ve been using Bloglovin and I am really liking it for the most part. I tried Feedly but wasn’t quite feeling it. I loved the “next” button from Google Reader I had installed on my bookmarks bar and I really miss that but so far Bloglovin has been a good replacement.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..June Photo A Day #2

60 Lauren June 23, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I’ve been dying to try this “pizza on a grill” thing — you just reminded me! :) Maybe at a 4th of July party?
Lauren recently posted..Grad Parties and Grazing

61 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com June 24, 2013 at 11:50 am

I cant make the salsa for you but I can definitely give you a killer recipe: http://makingitmyhome.blogspot.com/2013/06/mmmmmmsalsa.html
I usually double the ingredients and will have this last me for nearly two weeks (with two of us dipping into it daily).
Hope you are feeling well. Maybe you can get Jay to make you the salsa.

62 Kristi June 25, 2013 at 9:11 pm

I’m upset about losing Google Reader, too. I tried Bloglovin’ but don’t really like it. I’m going Feedly next.
Kristi recently posted..The Falls, Part I