Less than a month to goooooo!
Baby Tooth is just over 36 weeks today and is about the size of a head of romaine lettuce.
Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:
- Baby Tooth is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long.
- He’s shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:
Weight gained: Not sure, and at this point, I really don’t care. It feels like I’m carrying around a ton of it.
Workouts: Workouts are slowing down quite a bit. I haven’t had a legit workout since last Monday, but have still been up and moving around quite a bit during the day. When I’m at work, I’m constantly up and down, and I’ve still been fairly active around the house. I don’t want to say that workouts are over at this point – if I feel up to it, then I’ll go for it – but right now they’re not at the top of my priority list.
- Low back pain and pelvic pressure
- Menstrual-like cramps
- Braxton Hicks and/or contractions – I have no idea, but since last Tuesday, I’ve been getting hardening of the belly, along with cramps that tend to wrap around into my back
- Occasional nausea – it still tends to hit mid-morning but also seems to arise if I get too warm
- Constant bathroom breaks
- Easily out of breath
- Overall discomfort a majority of the time
Movement: All the time! Oh my gosh, they’re usually fairly subtle, but every once in a while he gets all crazy on me and gives us a show.
Food Aversions: None, really.
Food Cravings: I’m back to Italian ice and cold, fruity things, but I’m sure it has more to do with the weather than anything else.
Sleep: Not horrible, not awesome. Still waking up quite frequently due to bathroom trips, general discomfort, or leg cramps. But hey, I’m in the homestretch…at least that’s what I keep telling myself.
Stretch marks? Still none! I am shocked…I asked the belly to hold out just a few more weeks for me.
Miss Anything? All the same stuff as I’ve mentioned before.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: My surprise baby shower at work on Friday was so nice and lots of fun.
I also really loved having our date night on Friday night. Hoping to get a few more of those in before the little man arrives.
Belly Button in or out? Tough call…there’s still an indent for sure, but depending on where Baby Tooth moves, he likes to stretch it out pretty flat.
Wedding rings on or off? On, although with this heat I’m pretty sure it’d be a battle to try to take them off sometimes.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! I still can’t get over the fact that there’s less than a month to go. Boggles my mind.
New Baby Items: I wound up snagging a couple of cute items from Old Navy earlier in the week…
I mean, that hat and those shoes. How stinkin’ adorable, right?! I got them in bigger sizes too (6-12 months) so he’ll be able to wear them later on.
We also finally got the rain gutter bookshelves up in the nursery and I LOVE them!
They turned out sooo, so great. Only a few more finishing touches to go in the nursery!
Looking Forward To: Our final ultrasound on Wednesday, finishing up the rest of the nursery, and just trying to enjoy these last few weeks as much as possible.