Baby Tooth: 36 Weeks

by Courtney on June 25, 2013

Less than a month to goooooo!

36 Weeks

Baby Tooth is just over 36 weeks today and is about the size of a head of romaine lettuce.

Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• Baby Tooth is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long.
  • He’s shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: Not sure, and at this point, I really don’t care. It feels like I’m carrying around a ton of it.

Workouts: Workouts are slowing down quite a bit. I haven’t had a legit workout since last Monday, but have still been up and moving around quite a bit during the day. When I’m at work, I’m constantly up and down, and I’ve still been fairly active around the house. I don’t want to say that workouts are over at this point – if I feel up to it, then I’ll go for it – but right now they’re not at the top of my priority list.

Symptoms:

• Low back pain and pelvic pressure
  • Menstrual-like cramps
  • Braxton Hicks and/or contractions – I have no idea, but since last Tuesday, I’ve been getting hardening of the belly, along with cramps that tend to wrap around into my back
  • Occasional nausea – it still tends to hit mid-morning but also seems to arise if I get too warm
  • Constant bathroom breaks
  • Easily out of breath
  • Overall discomfort a majority of the time

Movement: All the time! Oh my gosh, they’re usually fairly subtle, but every once in a while he gets all crazy on me and gives us a show.

Food Aversions: None, really.

Food Cravings: I’m back to Italian ice and cold, fruity things, but I’m sure it has more to do with the weather than anything else.

Sleep: Not horrible, not awesome. Still waking up quite frequently due to bathroom trips, general discomfort, or leg cramps. But hey, I’m in the homestretch…at least that’s what I keep telling myself.

Stretch marks? Still none! I am shocked…I asked the belly to hold out just a few more weeks for me.

Miss Anything? All the same stuff as I’ve mentioned before.

Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: My surprise baby shower at work on Friday was so nice and lots of fun.

I also really loved having our date night on Friday night. Hoping to get a few more of those in before the little man arrives.

Belly Button in or out? Tough call…there’s still an indent for sure, but depending on where Baby Tooth moves, he likes to stretch it out pretty flat.

Wedding rings on or off? On, although with this heat I’m pretty sure it’d be a battle to try to take them off sometimes.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! I still can’t get over the fact that there’s less than a month to go. Boggles my mind.

New Baby Items: I wound up snagging a couple of cute items from Old Navy earlier in the week…

I mean, that hat and those shoes. How stinkin’ adorable, right?! I got them in bigger sizes too (6-12 months) so he’ll be able to wear them later on.

We also finally got the rain gutter bookshelves up in the nursery and I LOVE them!

They turned out sooo, so great. Only a few more finishing touches to go in the nursery!

Looking Forward To: Our final ultrasound on Wednesday, finishing up the rest of the nursery, and just trying to enjoy these last few weeks as much as possible.

1 Shel@PeachyPalate June 25, 2013 at 7:32 am

On the home stretch and glowing though I’m sure you just want things to move along at this point. Being pregnant during the summer months must make it even harder I’d imagine…lots of softserve!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..A little less perfect, a lot more tasty

2 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers June 25, 2013 at 8:02 am

You look fantastic! And I love those bookshelves. Impressive!

Not looking forward to those symptoms though… ugh… haha
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..It’s a . . .

3 Andrea @pencils and pancakes June 25, 2013 at 8:07 am

That bookshelf is so cute!!!
Andrea @pencils and pancakes recently posted..Grocery series part II: What to buy organic

4 Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family June 25, 2013 at 8:09 am

I am kind of obsessed with the bookshelves! Trying to figure out how to include them in the playroom we are working on haha.
Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family recently posted..A Shabby Chic Baby Shower

5 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction June 25, 2013 at 8:13 am

I did not get any stretch marks until the last two weeks. I was getting excited that I would not get any, but they did come.

I love that top! You look great. I showed my husband the bookshelves last night and told him I wanted them.
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Weekend Recap

6 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 25, 2013 at 8:17 am

That lace top is so pretty! You are looking good!

And I love how the rain gutter bookshelves turned out! So crafty and creative :).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Part 8: Turnip French Fries

7 Danica @ It's Progression June 25, 2013 at 8:33 am

I love how those book shelves turned out, too!
And that shirt you have on is super cute…only a few more weeks! crazy!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Discussion: Obesity is now labeled as a Disease.

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 25, 2013 at 8:34 am

I love that lace top you are wearing! It’s so pretty! :) The rain gutter bookshelves came out awesome! I love it!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Make It A Pizza Night!!…

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 25, 2013 at 8:40 am

I love the Baby Tooth updates! Less than a month to go…yay!!!

Love the bookshelves in the nursery!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..A Hungry Day

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 25, 2013 at 8:42 am

I can’t believe you’re so close!! And I’m sure just moving around is a workout at this point, I can’t even imagine!

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 25, 2013 at 8:46 am

You are still looking gorgeous. :) I can’t believe how close you are! Time has flown! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Mommyhood rocks.

12 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 25, 2013 at 8:57 am

Can’t wait for him to get here!! It’s hard to believe you have about a month left. I absolutely LOVE the rain gutter bookshelves! Cute, cute, cute.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Love for Kodiak Cakes {Giveaway}

13 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige June 25, 2013 at 9:17 am

You look GREAT! Seriously. And those Old Navy shoes and hat are absolutely adorable.
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Make Nutrition Taste Good!

14 Kathryn June 25, 2013 at 9:28 am

I live in Phoenix, and both my kids were born in November. While I wasn’t as pregnant as you, it was not fun. I would get really nauseous, sometimes to the point of throwing up, if I got too warm. Even a warm shower could trigger it. Lots and lots of water were what helped me.

15 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian June 25, 2013 at 9:29 am

You’re so close! You look great – glowing already!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..B.A.A. 10k 2013 Race Recap

16 Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) June 25, 2013 at 9:41 am

Courtney I am getting SO SO excited for you!! Cant wait to see your sweet little boy, you look so fantastic!

17 Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom June 25, 2013 at 9:44 am

I can’t believe you aren’t remotely swollen in this weather. Your face looks the same, you’re still wearing your wedding rings…wow…so lucky! I was also around 36 weeks this time last year and I was retaining water everywhere. The rings were off by week 25 I think, and by week 30, my legs/ankles/feet/face were ginormous. That being said, I didn’t get stretch marks, and my belly button was flat too. You probably won’t get stretch marks at this point if you haven’t already! Again..lucky!
Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..My Labour Story

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 25, 2013 at 10:22 am

I adore the bookshelf! Those turned out really nice.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..I Don’t Eat As Much Junk As You Think I Do.

19 Xai June 25, 2013 at 11:07 am

Those bookshelves are beyond adorable! I find it incredible that you’ve been so active throughout your pregnancy even towards the end!
Xai recently posted..Dr. StrangeJuice or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Fruits and Veggies

20 Ashley Renee June 25, 2013 at 11:27 am

I’m SO excited for you guys! I’ve been following along and I can’t wait for Babytooth to arrive!!

21 Julissa June 25, 2013 at 11:30 am

You make pregnancy look great! I wish you luck with everything with the baby. Sounds like you’re ready for him :)

22 Jessica June 25, 2013 at 11:39 am

You look GREAT!!! I LOVE the bookshelves!! i am thinking now about doing that in my daughter’s nursery (right now we have the books in little fabric baskets and its a pain to get to them!) and in my sons! Great idea!

23 Lauren June 25, 2013 at 11:50 am

I’m sorry he’s putting up a fight for you but he’s coming so soon! I can’t wait to see him :D

24 Suzanne @ Mixing It Up June 25, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Why do I have a feeling you cannot even tell you are pregnant from behind? I know it probably feels like you have gained a lot of weight but you look so GREAT!! And you are lucky, so far you have not gotten the pregnancy face at all!!!
Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..Let’s Talk Tuesday: Getting Off The Fence

25 Annette@FitnessPerks June 25, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I love those shelves!!

Yay for being on the home stretch!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..24 Weeks {Growth Spurt}

26 Allie June 25, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Such cute little shoes and the hat is darling! You mentioned getting them in a bigger size for longer use; I’d like to give you some unsolicited advice if I may! As mom of 4, I’ve learned that the size on the tag is just a number. Sometimes I’ve had my babies in 3different sizes at once depending on the brand! Just because a hat is 6-12 doesn’t mean it will always fit as long as you might like it to, so I’d recommend trying the bigger sizes earlier than you might think they might fit!

27 Katie June 25, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Ahh pregnant people make me so happy. You’re super cute with your baby bump! Glad to hear your pregnancy has been going so smoothly!

28 Brittany @ Barr & Table June 25, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Oh my gracious, I’m in love with the hat and shoes!! Glad you’re doing well!
Brittany @ Barr & Table recently posted..Foodie Friday: Balsamic Tasting in Modena

29 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life June 25, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Awww, I love the decorations and the tiny little shoes! Too cute. I can tell it’s getting more difficult, but just hang in there, he will be such a joy when he’s with you! :-)
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..MIMM: Surprise Birthday Party

30 Nala S June 25, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Hi Courtney! I stumbled on your blog a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been following your posts ever since! I like how you post updates on your pregnancy and I’ve been highly intrigued by your workouts and food on your pregnancy! I’m sure you are excited to meet your little one!

31 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 25, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Can’t believe you’re in the home stretch already!

Love the book shelves!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..What’s Beautiful: An Update

32 Sarah @ A Refining Adventure June 26, 2013 at 12:10 am

LOVE the bookshelves!!! And you are one pretty pregnant lady! I can’t believe you’re so close. That’s gonna be one stylish little guy!
Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..Back at It

33 Kelly June 26, 2013 at 2:27 am

I love the rain gutter bookshelves!! They are adorable and I just think its such a cool idea! Thank god for pinterest right? haha
Kelly recently posted..Business Proposals: Part 1

34 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections July 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I love that cream top you’re wearing! So flattering!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Scenes from Colorado