Date Night and Weekend Happenings

by Courtney on July 1, 2013

Hey hey! Happy Monday to all of my favorite readers. How was the weekend? Do anything fun and exciting?

Our weekend was a good mix of everything – busy around the house, but still able to find some time to get out and have some fun too. On Saturday, Jay and I both got up and got to work on our to-do’s fairly quickly. The first stop on my agenda was to Babies ‘R’ Us to pick up a few more remaining things from our registry (can’t really blame people for not wanting to buy breastfeeding supplies!).

After that and a quick trip to the grocery store, I was back home and worked on a few things around the house while Jay worked outside. Since we had both worked so hard all day, we decided to reward ourselves with a little date night that evening, starting at Bombers Burrito Bar.

I have loooong been a fan of Bombers. You’ve most likely read about me there on my birthday, drinking a ginormous margaritahelping friends drink their own birthday margaritas…or just hanging with my pal Sarah.

They recently opened up a new location in downtown Troy, which is much closer to us than the other two, so we decided to go check it out. Better yet, we even got a spot out on the patio. Unfortunately, there was no margaritas this time around. Winking smile

But our waitress did offer to make me a fun little drink which was quite tasty.

For dinner, I basically got what I always do – their bbq pulled pork (OMG so good) but instead of getting a massive burrito, I decided to stick with a couple of tacos. Definitely just as delicious but not nearly as filling.

I think I may have found a new favorite.

After dinner, we stopped by a friend’s house for a birthday party, then on our way home we finished up “date night” with a quick trip to The Snowman.

Yessssss….it’s been a couple weeks in the making, but I finally got my orange and vanilla twist with rainbow sprinkles. I was one happy camper.

*****

Sunday morning, I woke up in a semi-crappy mood. I slept awful the night before and was just feeling a little cranky. I figured, what better way to perk up my mood than with some delicious pancakes for breakfast?

I whipped up a batch of Kodiak Cakes and added in about half a mashed banana and some mini chocolate chips…because sometimes, chocolate at breakfast is necessary, mmmkay?

Topped ‘em off with a little PB, more banana, and a drizzle of maple syrup and I was good. to. go.

They were seriously incredible. And filling! Those babies stuck with me for a good 5-6 hours before I even thought about eating anything else. Crazy.

After breakfast and doing a few things inside the house, I decided to suit up and take the party outside the house…because the pool is finally OPEN for the season!

We were a little delayed, thanks to some busy weekends, crappy weather, and needing to buy a new motor, but we are finally ready for the season. I helped out by giving it its first vacuuming which had me working up such a sweat that I wound up being the first one in it for the season. Oh mannnnn, was it refreshing. And can I just say how AWESOME it feels being in a pool when you’re pregnant?!? It’s almost like you kinda forget about the whole massive belly thing. I want to live in that pool right now.

I wound up doing a few exercises, a few laps, and a good round of HORSE with hubby and the basketball hoop (which we later dubbed HORAN instead) before the inevitable storms rolled through and we were forced back inside. Luckily we still got a good couple of hours in, but man, the rain this past month has been somethin’ else!

A little while after getting back inside, you’ll never believe what happened…I actually cooked dinner. And it wasn’t a sandwich. ;)

Oven baked pork chops, roasted sweet potatoes and onions, and some quick-steam veggies. I don’t know who was more shocked that we had a real dinner…me or Jay. But either way, it was deeee-licious, and I didn’t have to do the clean up. Woot!

So that’s pretty much our weekend, in a nutshell. Lots of good food and some great, QT spent with the hubby. Doesn’t get much better than that. :)

*FYI: The Baby Tooth page got an update this morning!

Have a great day, everyone. :)

1 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 1, 2013 at 9:41 am

How interesting that they serve sweet potato fries with Mexican dishes! I have never seen that…but, I am liking it! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Mini Polenta Tostadas

2 Karen July 1, 2013 at 9:48 am

Happy you had a good weekend and those pancakes look amazing. Our weekend was okay then Sunday came and we ended up giving up our cats to the humane society. It has become too hard with them and Keely. They didn’t take to her very well and the one was starting to “mark” his territory now that she is running everywhere. The female was really good but they’ve been together for so long now that we were told getting rid of one would cause depression on the other but now I am super depressed. Never thought it would come to this situation and miss them already. Hopefully the fun week ahead of me will keep my mind off of it. Have a great week. :)
Karen recently posted..Last Weekend in June…

3 Danica @ It's Progression July 1, 2013 at 9:49 am

That dinner looks fantastic….And I’m so jealous that you have a pool – glad you got to enjoy some time in it this weekend!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Twins game, iced tea, and a short week.

4 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog July 1, 2013 at 9:51 am

That dinner looks delicious. Good for you! In fact, all of the food in this email is right up my alley, in particular those tacos. Mmmm. And the mocktail looks better than a cocktail haha. Wish I had a pool…well I also wish it weren’t so dreary and rainy. Here’s to hoping the weather clears up!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..10 Sometimes Healthy Tips for First Time Marathoners

5 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health July 1, 2013 at 9:54 am

Those pancakes look amazing! Wish I had one for breakfast right now. And woo hoo for your pool! I wish I had one, the heat has been brutal in California lately.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Hiking Redwood Regional Park + Café Main Pizza

6 Linz @ Itz Linz July 1, 2013 at 9:57 am

a burrito bar?! that sounds awesome!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Interval Workouts & Gymboss Timer GIVEAWAY

7 Christine@ Apple of My Eye July 1, 2013 at 10:03 am

I love the drink in the mason jar! So cute :). I’m jealous of all the good eats you posted today! Those pancakes seriously look out of this world.

8 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat July 1, 2013 at 10:14 am

Sounds like a fun weekend! I never hear of Bomber Burrito Bar, but the food looks soooo good! Wish we had one around here! Ooooh…those pancakes look fantastic!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Totally Random Bits of Info

9 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns July 1, 2013 at 10:15 am

Sounds like a very fun and productive weekend :) Mmmmm That ice cream cone….no words for how much I envy you for getting it. I think chocolate is a necessity at every meal :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Strawberry Slushy

10 Parita @ myinnershakti July 1, 2013 at 10:15 am

I made pancakes on Saturday morning and they stuck with me for a long time. I think it had something to do with the PB I spread on top! Glad y’all had a good weekend. Exciting times ahead!

11 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 1, 2013 at 10:19 am

I always get a little jealous when people mention having pools, because those are a pretty rare thing up in Canada. Apparently they don’t make the best kind of skating rinks during the 6 months of winter we get to enjoy every year ;)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... monthly favorites – june 2013 .

12 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 1, 2013 at 10:20 am

I need to get out the box of Kodiak cakes! Yum!!

13 Faith@The Stirring Place July 1, 2013 at 10:27 am

Ooohhh!! Those pancakes sound amazing. I’m 18wks pregnant and I get so hungry w/in about 30-1hr after breakfast. It’s so annoying!!
Faith@The Stirring Place recently posted..Guess Who – Vacation pics, life updates, and some BIG news!!

14 Emily @ eatsandexercise July 1, 2013 at 10:27 am

LOVE Bombers! One of my closest friends lives in Albany and we go there often! Their chicken tacos are also really delicious :)
Emily @ eatsandexercise recently posted..What’s New Weekends

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 1, 2013 at 10:28 am

Cannot go wrong with chocolate for breakfast sometimes ;-) And so great that your pool is up and running! I was in my parents pool on Saturday, and it was definitely refreshing.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Why I Want to Swim With Sharks.

16 chelcie @ chelcie's food files July 1, 2013 at 10:43 am

those sweet potatoes look delicious..and so do those tacos! glad you got to get some pool time in!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Weekend Snapshots 6/30

17 Lisa July 1, 2013 at 10:58 am

So fun that your pool is officially running. I’m always a little jealous of people with pools since it would be so much fun to have one!
A few of my friends have them, and it’s definitely one of the best parts about Summer.
And agreed – sometimes chocolate in Breakfast is just a necessity.
Lisa recently posted..Weekend Delights

18 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty July 1, 2013 at 11:09 am

You FINALLY got your ice cream! It probably tasted all that much more delicious after the wait!
Your breakfast…omg. Can you go wrong with bananas, pb, and chocolate? I think not! Delicious!
Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..Weekend Scenes: St. Anthony Falls, Maca, and Fresh Greens

19 Cassie @RedLetterDaye July 1, 2013 at 11:13 am

All of your food looks so delicious, and I’ve heard the new Bomber’s is the nicest one. The weather here lately has been awful! :(
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..My future self.

20 Emily @ The Good Era July 1, 2013 at 11:21 am

Looks like you had a great weekend!! So glad your pool is finally open, should make the next few weeks much easier ;)
Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Things I’m Loving Lately: Beach Addition

21 Ashley @ Life and Fitness July 1, 2013 at 11:50 am

I wish we had burrito bars around here. The food looks really good! I did some laps in the pool for exercise over the weekend and loved it. It was much better than walking in this hot, humid weather.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Getting Our Grill On

22 Gracie July 1, 2013 at 11:50 am

You know, after years of reading about Kodiak pancake mix on blogs, I have yet to try it myself! I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in stores..? They look amazing – will have to be on the lookout!
Gracie recently posted..remember that time?

23 Meghan @ After the Ivy League July 1, 2013 at 12:12 pm

For some reason I can not get over the fact that those delicious tacos are served with sweet potato fries! Mmm best of both worlds. Normally when I go for Mexican food they’ll come with rice and/or beans, but I loveee sweet potato fries. I wish they had one of those restaurants near me!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..All my Favorite Summer Activities

24 Lauren @ I Had a Big Lunch July 1, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Pulled pork is one of the most delicious things in the world. Pair that with sweet potato fries? Ahhh so perfect. All your food pictures look so summery!
Lauren @ I Had a Big Lunch recently posted..Beautiful beach day

25 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance July 1, 2013 at 12:28 pm

This weekend I ate at some Food Trucks and it reminded me of your food truck excursion earlier this summer! :)
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..FitBloggin Recap

26 Miranda @ Miranda Runs July 1, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Those pannnnnnncakes! Oh my gosh, droooooooooool. I wish I had a pool in my backyard! That would be so convenient!
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..MIMM #15- Skies out thighs out

27 Amanda @ A Latte Learn July 1, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I love me some sprinkles! That ice cream cone is calling my name!
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..Beginner’s Half Marathon Training

28 Lauren July 1, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Sprinkles put a smile on my face as SOON as I see them. Lol! I can only imagine how good it felt to go in a pool. I wish I had one in my backyard, lucky girl! I always remember playing horse but always putting a personal spin on it so the game lasts longer.

29 Lauren @ Chocolate Cheese and Wine July 1, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Question: If you ever bought a new house that didn’t have a pool would you put one in? We are considering it but don’t any experience so I’m not sure how much of a pain it is…
Lauren @ Chocolate Cheese and Wine recently posted..I have something to tell you

30 Suzanne @ Mixing It Up July 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I SO want one of those ice cream cones but I am pretty sure there is no where around here that sells anything close to looking like that. Darn!!!
Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..Weekend Recap: I Got To Do It All

31 Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl July 1, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Those tacos look so good! Looks like you had a great weekend. I want to make those roasted sweet potatoes.
I’m so jealous you have a pool. That’s so convenient for you!
My weekend was nice and relaxing. Spent it at my lake house!

32 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 1, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Yay for date nights!! :) Glad you guys had a good weekend!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addie at 10 (almost 11) weeks: The Good, the bad, and the adorable.

33 Shel@PeachyPalate July 1, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Doesn’t spending time in a pool just leave you feeling instantly refreshed? Magical!!! Pancakes – make everything better especially with peanut butter and banana!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..The Black Bean Brownie

34 Tara@PNWRunner July 1, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Ahh the ice cream with sprinkles gets me every time. Last time you posted a picture, I made it a mission to find one. Sadly, I couldn’t find one with sprinkles, but instead covered in chocolate from DQ. There needs to be more ice cream/soft serve places that offer sprinkles in Seattle!
Tara@PNWRunner recently posted..http://wp.me/p3pr51-gN Weekend roundup

35 Annette@FitnessPerks July 1, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I agree–being in the pool as a pregnant lady is even better than before!

I want those sweet potato fries. like NOW
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..A Lil’ Bit of Everything

36 victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny July 1, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I need a burrito bar near me…or maybe not because I’d be there every day! I’m so bummed that we got rid of our pool this year =( It got destroyed in the hurricane and it’s not worth it to rebuilt right now.
victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..MIMM: big congrats to Katie!!

37 Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes July 1, 2013 at 8:47 pm

I wish I had a burrito bar near me! Ps. that ice cream cone looks amazing!
Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes recently posted..Day After Aches and Pains

38 Natalie @ Free Range Human July 1, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Those pancakes look delicious! I’ve been meaning to make some for a few days now. Definitely not going to make any excuses in the morning :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Vacation Mode

39 Christy July 2, 2013 at 5:04 am

I am not sure if your insurance participates (I think its part of the healthcare reform) but you may want to call them and ask if they cover breast pumps. Mine did and that saved me a ton of $$.
Christy recently posted..Tips & Tricks

40 Kelly @ Femme Fitale July 2, 2013 at 8:08 am

Ohhh, I know all too well how amazing the pregnant pool float is. I was enormous in mid-Australian summer, and so grateful to have the option!!! Glad you enjoyed some downtime together :)
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..175 Candles

41 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 2, 2013 at 10:42 am

I love a good ice cream cone with lots of sprinkles! It’s so summery :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Crockpot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches & Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies!!…