What I’m Loving Lately

Soft serve ice cream with lots of rainbow sprinkles.

I snacked on that while sitting and watching Jay’s softball game last night, courtesy of my mama. I wasn’t planning on going to the game initially because I wasn’t feeling too hot, but when I couldn’t get comfy on the couch and she offered ice cream, I quickly changed my mind. It was a great decision.

Getting my hair done.

I will forever and always LOVE when someone plays with my hair. It is like my ultimate “zen” experience. Last night while we were at the game, my mom offered to practice doing some fishtail braids on me and I was hardly able to resist. Talk about relaxation…and she’s getting pretty good at it, too! Certainly not something I could ever do.

Fresh fruit.

I’ve been on a fruit kick lately, and our fridge has been super stocked with all sorts of good stuff…strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, white nectarines, grapes, pineapple…you name it!

Last week’s snack above was a nice ripe, juicy kiwi combined with fresh raspberries and some mini chocolate chips. Ohhh, it was so good.

This week, I’m down with the pineapple. I’ve heard rumors that it can induce labor, and although I doubt that there’s really much proof and/or truth to it, I still love the stuff so I figured it can’t hurt, right? Winking smile

A real dinner at home.

On Sunday night, Jay and I actually had a real dinner, which was nice for a change. We marinated and grilled up some chicken tenders and served them along with some rice and “lettuce-less” salads…mine with cucumber, onion, grape tomatoes, harvard beets (love those things!) and a drizzle of light ranch dressing. Mmmm, so good!

IMG_2611IMG_2610

Robin Thicke’s latest song, Blurred Lines.

Every time it comes on the radio I can’t help but bop my head to it. Baby Tooth seems to enjoy it too.

My Cody. Smile

Little fur ball isn’t going to be an only child for too much longer (hopefully!) so we’ve been soaking up all sorts of quality time with him. Don’t you love how we make it sound like he’s an actual human? I just love this little guy to pieces!

**FYI: The Baby Tooth page was updated today.

Happy Tuesday, my friends…hope you have a great day!

What have you been loving these days??

Comments

I’m loving my breakfast of one egg with Kraft cheese and planning a surprise birthday party for my mom. Planning parties take work! Mmm it’s not summer without ice cream and sprinkles. Glad you are enjoying yourself before baby time!

Yes yes and yes! I love when my mom plays with my hair. She practices French braids and it feels amazing. Totally a zen experience. I have been Loving the fresh fruit lately and know for certain I am going overboard on my natural sugar intake! Blurred Lines is my fav song right now by far! I can’t help but go crazy an dance when I hear it!!

Smoothies and fresh berries for sure – two of my favorite foods in the summer.
    I do LOVE how you make Cody sound human, we do the same with out kitty :)

I am loving soft serve in a cone lately, (we just found an ice cream shop with 52 flavors of soft serve, I was so excited)! And yes, I am loving Blurred Lines too! The beat is just so catchy and I only know the chorus but that doesn’t stop me from trying to sing along! :)

Fun post! Sprinkles are just the best thing ever! They’re a must when it comes to ice cream! ;-) Your hair looks so pretty!

I’m definitely loving fruit too (pineapples, apricots, peaches, strawberries, watermelon!), I’m loving the hot/sunny weather and I’m loving taking walks with my husband and enjoying the nice weather.
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..An Age Crisis!?!

I am with you on the hair thing. I absolutely love it when someone plays with my hair. It is so zen! Your fruit looks amazing! I’ve been trying to eat so much more fruit now that everything is in season. It’s delicious!

Couldn’t agree more with you, I too love when someone plays with my hair. I loved it when I was younger and my mom was always playing with it. Now I need to teach my boyfriend how to do hair, or his sister lol. Ah, that song! In love with it, as well as Get Lucky. Can’t get enough of them lately!
    Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Bugs Bunny Froyo

• Courtney says

Haha, I cannot lie…I have forced Jay to braid my hair before…and he’s actually pretty good at it ;)

Totally with you on all that stuff.
    Especially getting my hair done – I just love the feeling of it.
    Thank goodness my Sister’s a hair dresser, I usually force her to just do my hair all the time;)
    and all the fresh fruit, Summer fruits are just my favorite of them all.

Hey, hey, heyyy! Love it. And soft serve with rainbow sprinkles immediately makes me smile. And I used to love when my mom did my hair when I was younger, too! It gave me goosebumps which is weird but it’s just so relaxing! Keep eating that pineapple!!!

10. Nicole says

You know, I heard that frozen yogurt can cause labor. Apparently the sugar kick hits little baby and they start to dance around and next thing you know – water’s broken!

Okay – I TOTALLY just made that up, but it’s worth a shot, right?? Keep up the bouncing on your ball at work and the happy thoughts! He’ll come soon! Hang in there! :) :) :)

I think I’m with you on all of those! Although I’ve yet to satisfy my summer craving for vanilla soft serve with rainbow sprinkles. The froyo craze in New York makes it tough to find regular old ice cream!

Love the braid – I actually *just* learned how to french braid (ha) but have yet to master the fishtail look. There’s got to be a tutorial out there on Pinterest or something, right? :)
    Gracie recently posted..3 tips for keeping a journal.

12. Nala says

Oooh that soft serve looks so good! That collection of fruit in your fridge sounds delicious. That’s one thing I love about summer all the lovely fresh fruit that’s available =)

I’m so bad when it comes to hair! Idon’t know my way around making it really fancy or pretty, haha. And pineapple is sooo yummy, especially during pregnancy for some reason. It was my favorite fruit and I think it’s because it’s so darn refreshing and it seems to help with any digestive discomfort.
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Life Through {Instagram} Photos

I love people playing with my hair, it is so relaxing! I also love ice cream, how wonderful to enjoy ice cream while getting your hair played with! I’m sure Cody is loving all the extra attention he is getting right now. Hopefully his little sibling joins him soon :)
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites

After my due date had come and gone, I tried a handful of tricks to induce labor, including eating pineapple. I love it also, so even if it didn’t work (which it didn’t for me), I still enjoyed the experience. I also gave reflexology a shot and walking stairs.