What I’m Loving Lately

by Courtney on July 16, 2013

Soft serve ice cream with lots of rainbow sprinkles.

I snacked on that while sitting and watching Jay’s softball game last night, courtesy of my mama. I wasn’t planning on going to the game initially because I wasn’t feeling too hot, but when I couldn’t get comfy on the couch and she offered ice cream, I quickly changed my mind. It was a great decision.

Getting my hair done.

I will forever and always LOVE when someone plays with my hair. It is like my ultimate “zen” experience. Last night while we were at the game, my mom offered to practice doing some fishtail braids on me and I was hardly able to resist. Talk about relaxation…and she’s getting pretty good at it, too! Certainly not something I could ever do.

Fresh fruit.

I’ve been on a fruit kick lately, and our fridge has been super stocked with all sorts of good stuff…strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, white nectarines, grapes, pineapple…you name it!

Last week’s snack above was a nice ripe, juicy kiwi combined with fresh raspberries and some mini chocolate chips. Ohhh, it was so good.

This week, I’m down with the pineapple. I’ve heard rumors that it can induce labor, and although I doubt that there’s really much proof and/or truth to it, I still love the stuff so I figured it can’t hurt, right? Winking smile

A real dinner at home.

On Sunday night, Jay and I actually had a real dinner, which was nice for a change. We marinated and grilled up some chicken tenders and served them along with some rice and “lettuce-less” salads…mine with cucumber, onion, grape tomatoes, harvard beets (love those things!) and a drizzle of light ranch dressing. Mmmm, so good!

IMG_2611IMG_2610

Robin Thicke’s latest song, Blurred Lines.

Every time it comes on the radio I can’t help but bop my head to it. Baby Tooth seems to enjoy it too.

My Cody. Smile

Little fur ball isn’t going to be an only child for too much longer (hopefully!) so we’ve been soaking up all sorts of quality time with him. Don’t you love how we make it sound like he’s an actual human? I just love this little guy to pieces!

**FYI: The Baby Tooth page was updated today.

Happy Tuesday, my friends…hope you have a great day!

What have you been loving these days??

1 Linz @ Itz Linz July 16, 2013 at 8:34 am

love this post! love love love ice cream / fro yo with sprinkles and love love love fishtail braids. you probably could do it – itz a lot simpler than it looks! :) :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..What’s beautiful?

2 Steph @ Steph's Miles July 16, 2013 at 8:34 am

I’m loving my breakfast of one egg with Kraft cheese and planning a surprise birthday party for my mom. Planning parties take work! Mmm it’s not summer without ice cream and sprinkles. Glad you are enjoying yourself before baby time!

3 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 16, 2013 at 8:38 am

Always loving soft serve and someone playing with my hair! She’s getting really good at the fishtail. I’ve practiced some, but my daughter is way too wiggly. I’ve also been eating pineapple and kiwi like it’s going out of style.
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies to celebrate my one year blogiversary!

4 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty July 16, 2013 at 8:57 am

Yes yes and yes! I love when my mom plays with my hair. She practices French braids and it feels amazing. Totally a zen experience. I have been Loving the fresh fruit lately and know for certain I am going overboard on my natural sugar intake! Blurred Lines is my fav song right now by far! I can’t help but go crazy an dance when I hear it!!

5 Lindsey July 16, 2013 at 8:57 am

Smoothies and fresh berries for sure – two of my favorite foods in the summer.
I do LOVE how you make Cody sound human, we do the same with out kitty :)

6 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life July 16, 2013 at 8:58 am

I am loving soft serve in a cone lately, (we just found an ice cream shop with 52 flavors of soft serve, I was so excited)! And yes, I am loving Blurred Lines too! The beat is just so catchy and I only know the chorus but that doesn’t stop me from trying to sing along! :)

7 Angela @ Health's Angel July 16, 2013 at 8:58 am

Rainbow sprinkles make everything 100x tastier. I love the fishtail braid! I’m hair-inept and it’s something I can manage to do. Although my hair needs to get longer for it to look decent!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..On Taking Vitamins

8 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat July 16, 2013 at 8:59 am

Fun post! Sprinkles are just the best thing ever! They’re a must when it comes to ice cream! ;-) Your hair looks so pretty!

I’m definitely loving fruit too (pineapples, apricots, peaches, strawberries, watermelon!), I’m loving the hot/sunny weather and I’m loving taking walks with my husband and enjoying the nice weather.
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..An Age Crisis!?!

9 Ashley @ Life and Fitness July 16, 2013 at 9:12 am

I am loving swimming in the pool. We just got a new heater for it so no more ice cold swims. So relaxing on a hot day to cool off.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Practice Ride

10 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance July 16, 2013 at 9:23 am

I am with you on the hair thing. I absolutely love it when someone plays with my hair. It is so zen! Your fruit looks amazing! I’ve been trying to eat so much more fruit now that everything is in season. It’s delicious!

11 Karen July 16, 2013 at 9:23 am

I am totally loving black bean burgers and AC lately. I am not a “hot weather” person so when Chicago hits the 90′s, I don’t want to leave my house…ha-ha!
Karen recently posted..Music Makes the People…

12 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 16, 2013 at 9:25 am

I LOVE fishtail braids!! I wish that my hair was long enough for them and that I actually knew how to braid my own hair!! :(
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Part 9: Green Cabbage

13 Danica @ It's Progression July 16, 2013 at 9:26 am

I absolutely love when people play with/do my hair too! I think haircuts are SO relaxing.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Foods for a better Complexion

14 Sienna July 16, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Ditto, I feel exactly the same way!

15 Emily @ The Good Era July 16, 2013 at 9:35 am

This is such a cute post! :)

I’m with ya, I love having my hair played with too! It’s soooo relaxing to me…My hubby always does it when I have a bad day or am not feeling too hot.
Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..I’m Back!!!

16 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns July 16, 2013 at 9:43 am

Couldn’t agree more with you, I too love when someone plays with my hair. I loved it when I was younger and my mom was always playing with it. Now I need to teach my boyfriend how to do hair, or his sister lol. Ah, that song! In love with it, as well as Get Lucky. Can’t get enough of them lately!
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Bugs Bunny Froyo

17 Courtney July 16, 2013 at 9:49 am

Haha, I cannot lie…I have forced Jay to braid my hair before…and he’s actually pretty good at it ;)

18 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 16, 2013 at 9:48 am

I feel ya on the hair thing! I could let someone play with my hair all.day.long. It’s so relaxing to me! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Our Breastfeeding Journey

19 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health July 16, 2013 at 9:49 am

Your braid looks so pretty! Your mom is getting really good at them!
It will be fun to find out how Cody takes to the new baby. I treat my animals like humans too so I’m always curious to see how they react!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Travel Tuesdays: Seville, Spain

20 Christine@ Apple of My Eye July 16, 2013 at 9:54 am

Your hair looks so great! I second how amazing it feels to have your hair played with. For some reason, the slight pulling feels like a dream!

21 Melissa July 16, 2013 at 9:56 am

Ahh, the ice cream with sprinkles look so yummy and festive, love it! Like you, I am also absolutely LOVING all the abundant summer fruits which are available right now. Yum! Your hair looks cute, too!
Melissa recently posted..Fashion Forward: Top Fashion Trends I’m Loving!

22 Leigha @ Minougirl July 16, 2013 at 10:11 am

I wish people would play with my hair all day long. If my mom tried to fishtail… oh gosh, lol! I’m enjoying all this summer fruit too! And cats totally should be treated as humans. Therefore I have 3 kids! ;)
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..MIMM – Summer Livin’

23 Lisa July 16, 2013 at 10:16 am

Totally with you on all that stuff.
Especially getting my hair done – I just love the feeling of it.
Thank goodness my Sister’s a hair dresser, I usually force her to just do my hair all the time;)
and all the fresh fruit, Summer fruits are just my favorite of them all.

24 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 16, 2013 at 10:35 am

I treat my pup as a human, it’s totally normal ;-)
And I wish I could do fishtail braids! I adore the look but definitely cannot figure out how to do them on myself.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Feeding and Eating Disorders: The DSM-V.

25 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny July 16, 2013 at 10:38 am

Love froyo/soft serve with sprinkles!! I thought doing a fishtail braid was so hard at first, then I tried to figure it out and it’s actually easier than a regular braid! I bet you could do it.
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..How I Eat

26 Lauren July 16, 2013 at 11:03 am

Hey, hey, heyyy! Love it. And soft serve with rainbow sprinkles immediately makes me smile. And I used to love when my mom did my hair when I was younger, too! It gave me goosebumps which is weird but it’s just so relaxing! Keep eating that pineapple!!!

27 Nicole July 16, 2013 at 11:12 am

You know, I heard that frozen yogurt can cause labor. Apparently the sugar kick hits little baby and they start to dance around and next thing you know – water’s broken!

Okay – I TOTALLY just made that up, but it’s worth a shot, right?? Keep up the bouncing on your ball at work and the happy thoughts! He’ll come soon! Hang in there! :) :) :)

28 Gracie July 16, 2013 at 11:35 am

I think I’m with you on all of those! Although I’ve yet to satisfy my summer craving for vanilla soft serve with rainbow sprinkles. The froyo craze in New York makes it tough to find regular old ice cream!

Love the braid – I actually *just* learned how to french braid (ha) but have yet to master the fishtail look. There’s got to be a tutorial out there on Pinterest or something, right? :)
Gracie recently posted..3 tips for keeping a journal.

29 Jean July 16, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Pineapples have been constantly occupied my fridge for the past month. Nothing’s more refreshing on a hot summer day!

30 Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake July 16, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I love your hair.
I’m with you on Blurred Lines. I can’t help but sing along and dance when it comes on.

31 Nala July 16, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Oooh that soft serve looks so good! That collection of fruit in your fridge sounds delicious. That’s one thing I love about summer all the lovely fresh fruit that’s available =)

32 Sarah @ Sweet Miles July 16, 2013 at 1:20 pm

All that fruit looks so good!! Having someone play with your hair is FOR SURE the most relaxing thing ever…either that or getting a back scratch :)
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Signs The Dog Rules Your House

33 Ellie@Fit for the soul July 16, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I’m so bad when it comes to hair! Idon’t know my way around making it really fancy or pretty, haha. And pineapple is sooo yummy, especially during pregnancy for some reason. It was my favorite fruit and I think it’s because it’s so darn refreshing and it seems to help with any digestive discomfort.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Life Through {Instagram} Photos

34 Nicole @ FruitnFitness July 16, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I love people playing with my hair, it is so relaxing! I also love ice cream, how wonderful to enjoy ice cream while getting your hair played with! I’m sure Cody is loving all the extra attention he is getting right now. Hopefully his little sibling joins him soon :)
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites

35 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 16, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I’m with you on the pineapple! My brother-in-law actually brought us a pineapple that his neighbor grew himself, and it is SO stinkin’ good!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addison Grace: 3 months old!

36 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blo July 16, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I am always loving sprinkles!!

Anothing thing I’m lovin’ lately is the new Chobani flavors. They are getting pretty inventive. Peach Pistachio! Tropical Escape! I’m loving it ;-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blo recently posted..A Trip to the Mediterranean and Bucket Lists

37 Xai July 16, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I love the sprinkles! I love getting strawberry soft serve ice cream with chocolate sprinkles!
Xai recently posted..Saving Mr. Banks – The Making of Mary Poppins

38 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine July 16, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I always forget to get sprinkles on my fro yo but it’s so simple and delicious.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..I’m A Southern Bride Blogger Now + Coming To Terms With Priorities

39 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 16, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Love the combo of strawberries + pineapple!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Career Change

40 Sarah @ A Refining Adventure July 17, 2013 at 12:28 am

Yum…loving all that fresh fruit. And with chocolate…does it get any better?!
Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..Finding YOUR Healthy Place

41 Donna July 17, 2013 at 8:35 am

I love that song “Blurred Lines”! So catchy and fun!

42 Andrea @ The Fit Scoop July 17, 2013 at 11:48 am

I’m loving dark chocolate covered raisins and starting to actually have my baby bump! Its an awkward phase to be a bit too round for regular clothes but too small for maternity items.
Andrea @ The Fit Scoop recently posted..The Effect of Exercise on the Pregnant Woman

43 Angie @ Pint of Goals July 17, 2013 at 1:43 pm

After my due date had come and gone, I tried a handful of tricks to induce labor, including eating pineapple. I love it also, so even if it didn’t work (which it didn’t for me), I still enjoyed the experience. I also gave reflexology a shot and walking stairs.

44 Sarah July 17, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I adore when people play with my hair! It just feels so perfect! My husband things I’m a weirdo :)