Weekend Highlights {10/21}

by Courtney on October 21, 2013

Happy Monday, friends! How was the weekend? Do anything fun or exciting?

We didn’t have anything too crazy going on, but we did manage to get a good amount of things accomplished and had some fantastic family time. Of course, it wouldn’t be a weekend highlights post without this face.

Oh, little Lucas. So stinkin’ cute…and still so unpredictable sometimes. On Saturday, he did great with his naps while we were home, and even did pretty awesome while we were out running errands. It was a three-stops afternoon (we finally got him a costume and it’s SO cute! I’ll share soon), and he managed to get through all of them without any tears. That’s always a win…especially since he’s not always a fan of hanging out in his car seat.

On Sunday, for whatever reason, he decided he wanted to start the day bright and early. So up we were, and we partied on his piano mat while the sun came up.

Sunday was also another “I don’t want to nap” kinda day. I think we got two half hour naps and a couple of other cat naps here or there…but that was pretty much it. One nap happened to take place in my arms, so I stayed put until he woke again.

Hey, any excuse to put off grocery shopping is fiiiiine by me. Winking smile

Thankfully, when he has those sort of days, he usually (knock on wood) is still pretty happy and content. And yesterday, he was SUCH a talker! He was smiling, laughing, and making all sorts of sounds, so I didn’t mind the extra face time one bit.

Other highlights from the weekend? How about some food…

There was a bit of a pumpkin theme, including a batch of pumpkin Kodiak Cakes (with a few mini chocolate chips on top and lots of syrup),

and a delicious pumpkin yogurt bowl mixed with banana slices, raisins, and granola.

I also finally made my apple cider cupcakes (and am bringing them in to work today).

And I even did some food prep.

Three batches of Julie’s PB cookie dough overnight oats (I totally forgot how good they were!) plus two salads with roasted chicken for lunches.

Look at me all on top of things.

That’s pretty much all I’ve got in the photo department to share this weekend, but there wasn’t really that much more going on. Saturday included an amazing, two-video workout session with T25, leaving my quads totally feeling like jello all day Sunday. We also did some cleaning out of the garage, which was much needed, but that’s not really all that exciting now, is it?

So now, here we are, back to the beginning of a new work week. It’s my first full week back, and now after having the weekend off, I feel like I’m trying to readjust to everything all over again. Here’s to hoping this week goes smoothly – for me AND all of you! Winking smile

1 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } October 21, 2013 at 8:05 am

Your cupcake look delicious! Going to have to check out the recipe you linked to for overnight oats. I’ve tried making them a few times and they always come out meh.

2 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) October 21, 2013 at 8:20 am

I feel like I am the only one who hasn’t tried Kodiak Cakes. I must get my hands on them soon!

Best of luck on your first full week back. You can do it!!
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Baking, Dehydrating and Meal Planning

3 Courtney October 21, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Yes, yes, yes…you MUST!! So easy and delicious :)

4 leigh @ beach and back runner October 21, 2013 at 8:26 am

Good luck back at work this week! I’m sure all that prep will make it a little easier!
leigh @ beach and back runner recently posted..How To Motivate Yourself To Workout

5 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance October 21, 2013 at 8:30 am

Good luck with your first full week back! Lucas is too cute!

6 Meaghan October 21, 2013 at 8:37 am

I know that you mentioned you are so over reading all of the baby books for advice & what not, believe me, I am right there with ya & totally get it. ( I have a 6 month old little boy)

But, there is this one book called, The Wonder Weeks ( I am sure you have heard of it, but jus incase ), and it’s AWESOME! It really isn’t an advice for parents kinda book, but more of a helpful insight into your babies brain so you can know what is going on & what to expect, it takes away the guess work. It explains in detail all of his “fussy” periods that he is going to go through development wise that aren’t really talked about as much as teething, or the 3 & 6 week/month rule of thumb.

It is the best, it tells you what to look for, such as trouble napping, as signs that a fussy period is starting and then what is changing in his brain that is causing him to be fussy. It takes away the guessing, but also explains how not all babies will show the same signs ect. The best part is that it gives a list of what baby can now do after that fussy period ends, things to look for that are small changes you might not have noticed & toys/activities that he is now ready for, but once again it gives you an area, like a journal, where you can mark off things your baby has started doing, mastered, ect but explains it is perfectly okay and expected if not all things are crossed off before the next fussy period. Anyways, I thought of it for you, because 12 weeks is the start of fussy period before his next leap.

The website is great too!

7 Courtney October 21, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I actually downloaded the app for my phone after someone recommended it to me!! It’s so interesting, and I’ve definitely seen Lucas follow the pattern of the various “leaps.” I was just reading it yesterday, in fact, and noticed he’s about to start another one soon, which may be cause for the nap boycotting, haha. I’m interested in seeing the book for a little extra detail though. Sometimes, it seems like Lucas is already doing some of the things that are mentioned will happen after a leap – obviously, I know all babies are different, but I think more insight would be helpful. I may have to check out Amazon for the book today. ;)

8 Shel@PeachyPalate October 21, 2013 at 8:39 am

Man you got a lot done!!! You must feel awesome starting the week having done so much prep…and of course because you have cupcakes! :)

9 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog October 21, 2013 at 9:08 am

Wow, I’m impressed that you found the time to do all of that! Look at you getting the hang of the mommy thing :-) Those apple cider cupcakes will most certainly be pinned. I wish I could make my frosting look like that!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Things I’m Loving: ‘Tis the Season

10 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life October 21, 2013 at 9:15 am

Good luck at your first full week back! It looks like all your meal prepping will definitely help keep you organized and will give you more time with yor sweet boy while you are home. Good plan! :)

Oh, and those pumpkin pancakes with chocolate chips look so so good!

11 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne October 21, 2013 at 9:16 am

He is the cutest! Can’t wait to see his costume!! Um yum to those pancakes!!! Pumpkin anything is pretty much A-Okay in my book ;). Yum those salads also sound good! I need to get creative with mine. Have a good Monday :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Wasabi & Soy Sauce Anyone?

12 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 21, 2013 at 9:26 am

I’m always happy to see Lucas pictures! And it looks like you guys had a nice, productive weekend. And those cupcakes…cupcakes always make me happy :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Lessons From the Weekend.

13 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun October 21, 2013 at 9:30 am

Wow looks like you had a pretty productive weekend! You can’t complain about that! Those oats do look DELICIOUS!

Lucas is growing so fast and is so precious! I hope napping gets on a more regular schedule for you this week! Enjoy your week!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Quit Talking and Just Do It!

14 Kelly @ Femme Fitale October 21, 2013 at 9:30 am

Have a great first, full week!!! You’ll do wonderfully!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Body Attack Instructor Training: Weekend Reflection

15 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen October 21, 2013 at 9:37 am

Good luck this week!! :) It will be great!!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Weekend Recap

16 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 21, 2013 at 9:40 am

Awwr little Lucas… Can’t wait to see what you picked out for him for Halloween! And good luck on your first full week back. I’m sure it’ll be great :)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... vegan chocolate chip pumpkin oatmeal cookies .

17 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 21, 2013 at 9:52 am

Look at you and all of your fall themed foods – pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin yogurt, apple cider cupcakes – yummmm! I just haven’t been into pumpkin as much this year for some reason. I have been loving on pumpkin bread and cookies, but I’m not putting it in everything and anything I can like I used to.

That little Lucas – too cute for words! Naps aren’t Hunter’s strong point either. Thankfully, the swing will put him to sleep every single time, so that’s always our back up plan if he doesn’t fall asleep in his crib. Because my little man is NOT a happy camper if he doesn’t get his regular naps. At least Lucas seems pretty chillax if he doesn’t get a nap! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Back in the Gym: My Gym History {Part 1}

18 Courtney October 21, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I WISH Lucas would fall asleep in his swing! I’d say mayyyyybe 3 times out of 10 he would…and if he does, he doesn’t last more than like, 20 minutes. He definitely does not fall asleep easy during the day, haha!

19 Karen October 21, 2013 at 10:03 am

Lucas is just too stinkin cute!! The cupcakes look SO good!!
Karen recently posted..MIMM

20 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life October 21, 2013 at 10:09 am

I’m loving the pumpkin theme! Looks like you had a great weekend overall! I am so bad at weekend food prep, and then I curse myself all week for making my life harder! haha. I need to learn from your ways!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..“We have Friends!” (and other weekend activities)

21 Emily @ The Good Era October 21, 2013 at 10:11 am

Good luck this week!!! I’m sure having some food prepped and the week started off right will make everything easier!
Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Damn Deer + 26

22 Parita @ myinnershakti October 21, 2013 at 10:14 am

You got 3x more stuff done this weekend as I did, and I don’t have a baby to take care of! Haha!

And good luck with your first full week back to work. You’re going to do great (and so will Lucas)!

23 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life October 21, 2013 at 10:18 am

Girl look at you! You’re like super mama over there! Way to go! :)
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..MIMM #27- did I do anything?

24 Jessica B October 21, 2013 at 10:20 am

First, Lucas is ADORABLE!!! Second, how are you liking T25?

Thanks!

25 Courtney October 21, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I’m loving it so far! Quick and effective, for sure. I do miss using weights though, so I’d like to try incorporating some upper body weights on my own

26 Meagan October 21, 2013 at 10:51 am

Lucas is so cute and all the pictures are adorable.

Your food prep for the week looks great! I definitely need to start doing that more often!

27 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 21, 2013 at 11:02 am

Ahh, so much pumpkin!! But never too much…there is no such thing! ;)

Also, those overnight oats sound insanely tasty..I’m going to be checking those out!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apple Chili

28 Lauren October 21, 2013 at 11:17 am

I love when babies start to really be social and start making noises and discovering things. It’s SO neat when they really start to make connections and discover textures and stuff! I could watch a baby for HOURS because of the pure amazement for such small things.

Happy Monday!

29 Nicole October 21, 2013 at 11:24 am

Go Courtney! You’ve got it all together! :)

30 Lindsay at Fit With Farrar October 21, 2013 at 11:36 am

Love T25!! When I do it in front of my 11 week old baby boy, during those half tuck jumps, he just laughs and coos! Helps to get my mind off the “legs like jello” feeling! :) :)
Lindsay at Fit With Farrar recently posted..Where Time and Energy Are….

31 Courtney October 21, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Haha, I’ll have to try that then because I have yet to find anything that takes my mind off the “jello legs” feeling. My quads have been sore for DAYS…

32 Ashlee@HisnHers October 21, 2013 at 11:41 am

I’m jealous of your food prep…Football Sundays has left me NO time to prep for the week and my Mondays are so hectic because of it! Lucas just keeps getting cuter and cuter

33 Courtney October 21, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Ahhh, Football Sundays…I totally understand what you’re sayin’!

34 Emily October 21, 2013 at 12:10 pm

What a fun and productive weekend! Question – where is your cupcake “stand” from!?!?! I love it.

35 Courtney October 21, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Oh man, I don’t remember?! The brand says “Progressive” on it though, if that helps?!

36 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat October 21, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Mmmm…love your pumpkins themed foods! Those cupcakes look amazing! I’m definitely going to check out that recipe!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..MIMM #11 – A Walk in the Park

37 Christine@munchkinmumbles October 21, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Lucas is so cute! He looks like such a fun little guy :)
My weekend was great! Finally got my blog really up and running! I will have to try out those apple cider cupcakes… YUM!

38 Michelle Kim October 21, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Looks like a great weekend! I’m totally interested in the T25 workout (sounds super tough, though!).
Lucas is so adorable! And I love all of the pumpkin-themed foods ;)

39 Annette@FitnessPerks October 21, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Wow–way to go on the food prep! That is awesome.

Mmmmm those cupcakes look delish!

The weekend came & went with no baby….but we managed to have a pretty good one. Just anxiously awaiting baby girl this week! :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Weekend Snapshots {2}

40 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 21, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Addie’s been hit and miss with her naps recently, too. This morning she took a great 2 hour nap, but this afternoon she only slept for about 30 minutes. It probably had to do with the fact that she took a big old poop in the middle of her nap haha … that seems to always keep her up! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Making Homemade Baby Food

41 Caroline October 21, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Those cupcakes look amazing! Will definitely try them next weekend.
Caroline recently posted..Thoughts on a workout plan

42 Tara@PNWRunner October 21, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Those cupcakes look delicious. I have never had apple cider cupcakes before. Sounds like this needs to be fixed immediately. Thanks for sharing!! BTW, Lucas is getting cuter by the day!

43 Melissa October 21, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Adorable photos and I LOVE the pumpkin yogurt bowl, it looks so tasty and seasonal! Cupcakes, as always look fantastic! I truly wish I had your ability to bake!
Melissa recently posted..Discovery on the Shelf: New Products SPOTTED!

44 Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream October 21, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Don’t you feel so productive looking at the Tupperwares stacked up like that? Or is just me that gets excited by all of that organization?? lol
The week is just a bridge to get you from family fun-filled weekend to family fun-filled weekend….think of it that way! :)
-Sammy @ http://www.peaceandloveandicecream.com
Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream recently posted..WOD – October 21, 2013

45 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections October 21, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Those cupcakes look amazing! I have been wanting to make cupcakes for my office for a while now too. What a perfect treat!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Weekend Recap { 10/21 }

46 Heather @fitncookies October 21, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I hope your first day back went well :) Love the Lucas just cuddled on you and slept away! I wish he would nap a little bit more, though :(
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Pittsburgh Penguin Game

47 Nala-S October 21, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I hope your first day back at work went well! There is nothing quite like those is there? Your apple cider muffins look delicious – I’m going to have to try the recipe some time. And you’re right T-25 workouts are killer! Which set of videos are you doing?

48 Leigha @ Minougirl October 21, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I have a box of Kodiak Cakes in the pantry but I’ve never eaten them before.. why?! I wonder why I never make more than one overnight oats. I would like that mor ethan doing it every night!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Fashion Friday {10/14 – 10/18}

49 Sarah @ Sweet Miles October 21, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I’m anxious to hear more about what going back to work is like! So glad you guys had a good weekend!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Interview – Arkansas Runner Mom

50 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 22, 2013 at 6:41 am

You ARE on top of things! I prepped three batches of overnight oats for the week too; they’re just so easy!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Meal Plan Monday: 10/21

51 Kierston @candyfit October 22, 2013 at 8:23 pm

So precious! All of it!

Overnight oats sound amazing. Have a great week!
Kierston @candyfit recently posted..#RECIPEFRIDAY: Spicy Satay Protein Bowl and Doing My Body Good!

52 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! October 22, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Lucas is too cute for words. I have’t made overnight oats in way too long, but I am putting pumpkin in EVERYTHING right now and loving it. I hope your first full week back goes smoothly!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Barre Breakdown – First Position Plie With Band