Weekend Highlights {10/21}

Happy Monday, friends! How was the weekend? Do anything fun or exciting?

We didn’t have anything too crazy going on, but we did manage to get a good amount of things accomplished and had some fantastic family time. Of course, it wouldn’t be a weekend highlights post without this face.

Oh, little Lucas. So stinkin’ cute…and still so unpredictable sometimes. On Saturday, he did great with his naps while we were home, and even did pretty awesome while we were out running errands. It was a three-stops afternoon (we finally got him a costume and it’s SO cute! I’ll share soon), and he managed to get through all of them without any tears. That’s always a win…especially since he’s not always a fan of hanging out in his car seat.

On Sunday, for whatever reason, he decided he wanted to start the day bright and early. So up we were, and we partied on his piano mat while the sun came up.

Sunday was also another “I don’t want to nap” kinda day. I think we got two half hour naps and a couple of other cat naps here or there…but that was pretty much it. One nap happened to take place in my arms, so I stayed put until he woke again.

Hey, any excuse to put off grocery shopping is fiiiiine by me. Winking smile

Thankfully, when he has those sort of days, he usually (knock on wood) is still pretty happy and content. And yesterday, he was SUCH a talker! He was smiling, laughing, and making all sorts of sounds, so I didn’t mind the extra face time one bit.

Other highlights from the weekend? How about some food…

There was a bit of a pumpkin theme, including a batch of pumpkin Kodiak Cakes (with a few mini chocolate chips on top and lots of syrup),

and a delicious pumpkin yogurt bowl mixed with banana slices, raisins, and granola.

I also finally made my apple cider cupcakes (and am bringing them in to work today).

And I even did some food prep.

Three batches of Julie’s PB cookie dough overnight oats (I totally forgot how good they were!) plus two salads with roasted chicken for lunches.

Look at me all on top of things.

That’s pretty much all I’ve got in the photo department to share this weekend, but there wasn’t really that much more going on. Saturday included an amazing, two-video workout session with T25, leaving my quads totally feeling like jello all day Sunday. We also did some cleaning out of the garage, which was much needed, but that’s not really all that exciting now, is it?

So now, here we are, back to the beginning of a new work week. It’s my first full week back, and now after having the weekend off, I feel like I’m trying to readjust to everything all over again. Here’s to hoping this week goes smoothly – for me AND all of you! Winking smile

Comments

1. Meaghan says

I know that you mentioned you are so over reading all of the baby books for advice & what not, believe me, I am right there with ya & totally get it. ( I have a 6 month old little boy)

But, there is this one book called, The Wonder Weeks ( I am sure you have heard of it, but jus incase ), and it’s AWESOME! It really isn’t an advice for parents kinda book, but more of a helpful insight into your babies brain so you can know what is going on & what to expect, it takes away the guess work. It explains in detail all of his “fussy” periods that he is going to go through development wise that aren’t really talked about as much as teething, or the 3 & 6 week/month rule of thumb.

It is the best, it tells you what to look for, such as trouble napping, as signs that a fussy period is starting and then what is changing in his brain that is causing him to be fussy. It takes away the guessing, but also explains how not all babies will show the same signs ect. The best part is that it gives a list of what baby can now do after that fussy period ends, things to look for that are small changes you might not have noticed & toys/activities that he is now ready for, but once again it gives you an area, like a journal, where you can mark off things your baby has started doing, mastered, ect but explains it is perfectly okay and expected if not all things are crossed off before the next fussy period. Anyways, I thought of it for you, because 12 weeks is the start of fussy period before his next leap.

The website is great too!

• Courtney says

I actually downloaded the app for my phone after someone recommended it to me!! It’s so interesting, and I’ve definitely seen Lucas follow the pattern of the various “leaps.” I was just reading it yesterday, in fact, and noticed he’s about to start another one soon, which may be cause for the nap boycotting, haha. I’m interested in seeing the book for a little extra detail though. Sometimes, it seems like Lucas is already doing some of the things that are mentioned will happen after a leap – obviously, I know all babies are different, but I think more insight would be helpful. I may have to check out Amazon for the book today. 😉

Good luck at your first full week back! It looks like all your meal prepping will definitely help keep you organized and will give you more time with yor sweet boy while you are home. Good plan! :)

Oh, and those pumpkin pancakes with chocolate chips look so so good!

Look at you and all of your fall themed foods – pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin yogurt, apple cider cupcakes – yummmm! I just haven’t been into pumpkin as much this year for some reason. I have been loving on pumpkin bread and cookies, but I’m not putting it in everything and anything I can like I used to.

That little Lucas – too cute for words! Naps aren’t Hunter’s strong point either. Thankfully, the swing will put him to sleep every single time, so that’s always our back up plan if he doesn’t fall asleep in his crib. Because my little man is NOT a happy camper if he doesn’t get his regular naps. At least Lucas seems pretty chillax if he doesn’t get a nap! 😉
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Back in the Gym: My Gym History {Part 1}

• Courtney says

I WISH Lucas would fall asleep in his swing! I’d say mayyyyybe 3 times out of 10 he would…and if he does, he doesn’t last more than like, 20 minutes. He definitely does not fall asleep easy during the day, haha!

• Courtney says

I’m loving it so far! Quick and effective, for sure. I do miss using weights though, so I’d like to try incorporating some upper body weights on my own

I love when babies start to really be social and start making noises and discovering things. It’s SO neat when they really start to make connections and discover textures and stuff! I could watch a baby for HOURS because of the pure amazement for such small things.

Happy Monday!

• Courtney says

Haha, I’ll have to try that then because I have yet to find anything that takes my mind off the “jello legs” feeling. My quads have been sore for DAYS…

Looks like a great weekend! I’m totally interested in the T25 workout (sounds super tough, though!).
    Lucas is so adorable! And I love all of the pumpkin-themed foods 😉

Addie’s been hit and miss with her naps recently, too. This morning she took a great 2 hour nap, but this afternoon she only slept for about 30 minutes. It probably had to do with the fact that she took a big old poop in the middle of her nap haha … that seems to always keep her up! 😉
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Making Homemade Baby Food

Those cupcakes look delicious. I have never had apple cider cupcakes before. Sounds like this needs to be fixed immediately. Thanks for sharing!! BTW, Lucas is getting cuter by the day!

8. Nala-S says

I hope your first day back at work went well! There is nothing quite like those is there? Your apple cider muffins look delicious – I’m going to have to try the recipe some time. And you’re right T-25 workouts are killer! Which set of videos are you doing?

Trackbacks