Back on the Workout Train

Is it spring yet?

snow

Blahhh…I have a serious case of spring fever and am SO done with all things winter and all this white stuff. BUT, on the plus side, yesterday’s snow storm did allow me to stay and work from home, so I’ll keep my complaining to a minimum. For now. Winking smile

Luckily it was a slow work day yesterday so I was able to get through any of my work as it came through, while also spending some time with my favorite little boy.

Mmmm…prunes for lunch yesterday. Looks delish, right? Poor guy was in need of some prunes…if ya get my drift.

Shortly after Lucas had his lunch and was down for his second nap of the day, mama made herself a pretty scrumptious lunch, too.

salad with tuna

A nice big salad with all of the usual suspects + a packet of chunk light tuna. Honestly, tuna isn’t my favorite topper for a salad, but I needed something with a little more staying power and it did the trick.

I also managed to squeeze in another T25 workout yesterday morning (Total Body Circuit – WHEW!) and I’ve gotta say…the workouts are feelin’ gooood this week. Being able to take just a little bit of time to sweat it out (my challenge is certainly motivating me to move more!) has been just what I needed. And, apparently, I’ve really hopped on the workout train this week because Tuesday’s treadmill workout was just…awesome.

Lucas fell asleep on our way home from the sitter, so I figured I’d switch things up from the T25 workouts and try out a treadmill run. Well, his nap lasted longer than I expected so I took advantage…and wound up completing the longest distance I’d run since well before I was pregnant(?!). Gosh, it felt good. Aaaaaand, I felt quite sore the next day. Winking smile

But anywho…back to yesterday.

Remember when I got that package from Van’s a couple of weeks ago? Well I just wanted to let you guys know that I’ve tried the strawberry and peanut butter PB&J bars and they are really good. I was totally impressed!

IMG_5216vans pb&j bars

I wound up snacking on one yesterday afternoon to help tide me over before dinner (I’m always snacking on something throughout the day these days…especially with the increase of workouts this week!). And a little while later, dinner was served.

grilled chicken dinner

A simple meal of grilled, marinated chicken tenders, long grain brown rice, and some green & yellow beans + carrots…along with a glass of merlot that was sipped on while we cooked.

red wine

I’m not usually a red wine drinker, but we have a bottle leftover from the party Saturday and I figured I’d attempt to make a dent in it. It’s quite tasty!

Alright, that’s all I’ve got for ya today, my friends. Forgive me if this post is sounding horribly written; I did it while doing about 300 other things and was too lazy to go back and re-read it. Winking smile

Happy almost Fridayyyyy!!

Comments

1. Vilma says

I love it sounds like me in some parts. Im also trying to continue my motivation to staying fit and eating healthy. I always love to hear wat ppl are doinh for workouts and eating better etc especially if your a mom. ☺️

• Courtney says

We actually just started giving him a sippy cup so I’m hoping that will help a bit. He is still getting breastfed/bottles of breastmilk throughout the day too.

I have to admit- I’m more of a white wine girl :) You seem to be doing a great job balancing everything out in your life which is the type of blog I reading- maintaining a marriage, baby, full-time job, and all of lives other chores.

Good for you gettin’ your sweat on! I love it when little E lets me get through a workout.

Enjoy that wine. Goodness knows I could use a glass, though I suppose I’ll wait until dinner. (It’s been one of thooooose mornings! ha)
    Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Most of WIAW

Oh gosh that picture of Lucas is too adorable!
    I’ve been really trying to cut back on my wine intake throughout the week but that glass looks realllllly goood!
    Congrats on your 4 miler! Thats awesome!

I’m more of a white wine drinker, but really…drinking any wine while making dinner is pretty fabulous.
    And awesome news that you’re back in the workout game! I’m just starting what will probably be an extended break (symptoms suggest that I have HA, but I have a doctor’s appointment in a couple weeks) and I’m already looking forward to when I get to return to it.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..How ‘The Biggest Loser’ Sends an Unhealthy Message.

6. Laura says

I know you are a fan of Yoga Meltdown… Have you tried Jillian’s new DVD Yoga Inferno? I was literally drenched in sweat and it’s only 30 minutes long. I often work out after my kiddos are asleep, so I like quick and compact. Definitely check it out. I’ve only done Workout 1, but Workout 2 uses hand weights, so I’m sure I’ll be feeling the burn. ;)

I rarely feel motivated to go back and re-read my posts so more power to you for doing so on a regular basis anyway! And this one sounded just fine to me. I don’t prefer tuna in my salads but whenever I’m stuck using it (if I have no other protein ni the house) I love to coat it in tzatziki sauce and then put it on a salad. Really adds a nice dill flavor and then you don’t need any dressing! That picture of Lucas, I just can’t. What a cute pruney boy! Congrats on the longer run. I rarely run so whenever I run longer than a 5K I feel so kickass!
    Caitlin recently posted..That Augustana Song