Back on the Workout Train

by Courtney on February 6, 2014

Is it spring yet?

snow

Blahhh…I have a serious case of spring fever and am SO done with all things winter and all this white stuff. BUT, on the plus side, yesterday’s snow storm did allow me to stay and work from home, so I’ll keep my complaining to a minimum. For now. Winking smile

Luckily it was a slow work day yesterday so I was able to get through any of my work as it came through, while also spending some time with my favorite little boy.

Mmmm…prunes for lunch yesterday. Looks delish, right? Poor guy was in need of some prunes…if ya get my drift.

Shortly after Lucas had his lunch and was down for his second nap of the day, mama made herself a pretty scrumptious lunch, too.

salad with tuna

A nice big salad with all of the usual suspects + a packet of chunk light tuna. Honestly, tuna isn’t my favorite topper for a salad, but I needed something with a little more staying power and it did the trick.

I also managed to squeeze in another T25 workout yesterday morning (Total Body Circuit – WHEW!) and I’ve gotta say…the workouts are feelin’ gooood this week. Being able to take just a little bit of time to sweat it out (my challenge is certainly motivating me to move more!) has been just what I needed. And, apparently, I’ve really hopped on the workout train this week because Tuesday’s treadmill workout was just…awesome.

Lucas fell asleep on our way home from the sitter, so I figured I’d switch things up from the T25 workouts and try out a treadmill run. Well, his nap lasted longer than I expected so I took advantage…and wound up completing the longest distance I’d run since well before I was pregnant(?!). Gosh, it felt good. Aaaaaand, I felt quite sore the next day. Winking smile

But anywho…back to yesterday.

Remember when I got that package from Van’s a couple of weeks ago? Well I just wanted to let you guys know that I’ve tried the strawberry and peanut butter PB&J bars and they are really good. I was totally impressed!

IMG_5216vans pb&j bars

I wound up snacking on one yesterday afternoon to help tide me over before dinner (I’m always snacking on something throughout the day these days…especially with the increase of workouts this week!). And a little while later, dinner was served.

grilled chicken dinner

A simple meal of grilled, marinated chicken tenders, long grain brown rice, and some green & yellow beans + carrots…along with a glass of merlot that was sipped on while we cooked.

red wine

I’m not usually a red wine drinker, but we have a bottle leftover from the party Saturday and I figured I’d attempt to make a dent in it. It’s quite tasty!

Alright, that’s all I’ve got for ya today, my friends. Forgive me if this post is sounding horribly written; I did it while doing about 300 other things and was too lazy to go back and re-read it. Winking smile

Happy almost Fridayyyyy!!

1 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 6, 2014 at 8:47 am

Yay! It feels SO good to get back into your workout groove again, so I’m glad it’s been going well for ya. And major props on that run – that’s awesome! I never used to be a huge red wine drinker until just this past year, and now I LOVE it. Mmmm.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..02/06/14: Thursday Thoughts {Hunter Edition}

2 Vilma February 6, 2014 at 8:52 am

I love it sounds like me in some parts. Im also trying to continue my motivation to staying fit and eating healthy. I always love to hear wat ppl are doinh for workouts and eating better etc especially if your a mom. ☺️

3 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat February 6, 2014 at 8:59 am

Last year, I had to take some time off from working out due to an injury and it definitely does feel SO good when you can get back into the swing of things. Workouts are the best and not only make me feel good physically, but are amazing for your mind as well. Well done on the run!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Totally Random Bits of Info #9

4 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 6, 2014 at 9:05 am

Congrats! I know if it feels so good to get back into the swing of things! It is always hard to start but once you get going you feel AWESOME!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..The Woes of the Winter

5 Silvia @ skinny jeans food February 6, 2014 at 9:06 am

About the ‘prunes’…… Maybe, he does not get to drink enough liquid when he eats solid food? do you give him a sippie cup with water or apple juice additionally? Or a bottle, just with some thinned out apple juice? In breast milk that ratio is built in ;-)
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..“No problem, Irish.”

6 Courtney February 7, 2014 at 11:17 am

We actually just started giving him a sippy cup so I’m hoping that will help a bit. He is still getting breastfed/bottles of breastmilk throughout the day too.

7 Kim February 6, 2014 at 9:10 am

I have to admit- I’m more of a white wine girl :) You seem to be doing a great job balancing everything out in your life which is the type of blog I reading- maintaining a marriage, baby, full-time job, and all of lives other chores.

8 Courtney February 7, 2014 at 11:16 am

Thanks Kim! :)

9 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers February 6, 2014 at 9:10 am

Good for you gettin’ your sweat on! I love it when little E lets me get through a workout.

Enjoy that wine. Goodness knows I could use a glass, though I suppose I’ll wait until dinner. (It’s been one of thooooose mornings! ha)
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Most of WIAW

10 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine February 6, 2014 at 9:16 am

I can NOT wait for spring. Warm weather, come on! I really want to try those Van’s Gluten free bars. They sound wonderful. And I love all things pb&j :)

11 Danica @ It's Progression February 6, 2014 at 9:22 am

Congrats on that awesome run!! I’m just getting back into running after a break and it really does feel great to accomplish a good run again.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..The Controversy over The Biggest Loser’s Season 15 Finale

12 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life February 6, 2014 at 9:25 am

I love the treadmill you have! Our dorm gym has that kind and it is SO much softer on the knees than the treadmills in the campus gym! Random fact ;) Good job on your run!!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Thinking Out Loud {2}

13 Jess @dearhealthyness February 6, 2014 at 9:32 am

Hoping on the workout wagon is the best! Those bars look yummy!! I want some!
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..Core and Cardio Workout

14 Ashlee@HisnHers February 6, 2014 at 9:59 am

Oh gosh that picture of Lucas is too adorable!
I’ve been really trying to cut back on my wine intake throughout the week but that glass looks realllllly goood!
Congrats on your 4 miler! Thats awesome!

15 Ashley February 6, 2014 at 10:04 am

That messy face is tooooo cute! That’s awesome that you have been finding time to work out and are getting back on the workout train!

Ashley, Married to the Game
Ashley recently posted..The Liebster Award

16 Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl February 6, 2014 at 10:11 am

I hope to channel your good workout vibes later! Got a tempo run + weights on deck. ;)
Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Betting On Me

17 Courtney February 7, 2014 at 11:15 am

Hope the vibes made their way to you yesterday ;)

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 6, 2014 at 10:13 am

I’m more of a white wine drinker, but really…drinking any wine while making dinner is pretty fabulous.
And awesome news that you’re back in the workout game! I’m just starting what will probably be an extended break (symptoms suggest that I have HA, but I have a doctor’s appointment in a couple weeks) and I’m already looking forward to when I get to return to it.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..How ‘The Biggest Loser’ Sends an Unhealthy Message.

19 Courtney February 7, 2014 at 11:14 am

Aww man, I’m sorry to hear that, Sam. :( Sending positive thoughts your way!!

20 Shel@PeachyPalate February 6, 2014 at 10:23 am

Well done on the run!!! And pretty nails! :)

21 Heather @fitncookies February 6, 2014 at 10:26 am

So happy to hear you’re back on the workout train and enjoying it! It’s no fun if you can’t enjoy it. The t-25 programs are awesome! I love how they make you feel after, but I think the run would be my favorite exercise as of late! That’s a fantastic distance for not running in well over a year!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup {Recipe}

22 linz @ itz linz February 6, 2014 at 10:38 am

SO.OVER.THIS.WNITER!
linz @ itz linz recently posted..bareMinerals makeup

23 Laura February 6, 2014 at 10:48 am

I know you are a fan of Yoga Meltdown… Have you tried Jillian’s new DVD Yoga Inferno? I was literally drenched in sweat and it’s only 30 minutes long. I often work out after my kiddos are asleep, so I like quick and compact. Definitely check it out. I’ve only done Workout 1, but Workout 2 uses hand weights, so I’m sure I’ll be feeling the burn. ;)

24 Courtney February 6, 2014 at 10:49 am

Oh my gosh, NO, I had not heard of this!! Definitely going to check it out though – thank youuu!!!

25 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run February 6, 2014 at 11:33 am

That’s a lot of snow!!

26 Andrea @ pencils and pancakes February 6, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I’ve had spring fever since December!!!
Andrea @ pencils and pancakes recently posted..Why a personal trainer is worth the money

27 Bre & Ree February 6, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Look at all that snow! But yay, it’s one day closer to Friday! I’m most definitely a red wine drinker, and enjoying a glass while you cook is absolutely the best! Enjoy your weekend!
~Bre
Bre & Ree recently posted..who says girls can’t play?

28 Sarah smith February 6, 2014 at 4:01 pm

That salad looks delicious! I’ve never thought to add tuna to my salads, such a yummy idea!

29 Caitlin February 6, 2014 at 4:38 pm

I rarely feel motivated to go back and re-read my posts so more power to you for doing so on a regular basis anyway! And this one sounded just fine to me. I don’t prefer tuna in my salads but whenever I’m stuck using it (if I have no other protein ni the house) I love to coat it in tzatziki sauce and then put it on a salad. Really adds a nice dill flavor and then you don’t need any dressing! That picture of Lucas, I just can’t. What a cute pruney boy! Congrats on the longer run. I rarely run so whenever I run longer than a 5K I feel so kickass!
Caitlin recently posted..That Augustana Song

30 char eats greens February 6, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Nice work on the run!! I totally want a NordicTrack treadmill so badly!!! Do you love yours?!? I totally would run more if I had that option; especially when my girl naps also!
char eats greens recently posted..munchkin meals: 14 month eats

31 Courtney February 7, 2014 at 11:13 am

OMG yes!!! We bought it a few years ago and it has been fantastic – would highly recommend it!

32 Kelly @ Femme Fitale February 6, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Hang in there! Spring will be here before you know it!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Olympic Events: The Bizarre & Discontinued Edition

33 Jenn@Mark My Miles! February 7, 2014 at 9:34 am

I’ll take some of your workout motivation : )
So glad you are getting it on!!!!
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..I confess, I’ve committed Netflix Adultery…