WIAW: Does It Get Much Better?

Already to Wednesday? I’ll take it! How’s the week going for all of you cool cats so far?

Seeing as it’s Wednesday, that means it’s once again time to hop on board the WIAW train. Today’s post features all of yesterday’s eats which, in my opinion, were delicious from start to finish.

Pumpkin oats (1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup almond milk, water, 1/2 mashed banana, 3tsp chia seeds, big spoonful pumpkin, cinnamon & nutmeg) with blueberries and a scoop of peanut butter + coffee

oatmeal and coffee

I thought the pumpkin + blueberries might be a weird combo, but it totally worked.

Mid-Morning Snack

(recycled photo – closest I could find!) A vanilla Chobani + more blueberries + a handful of granola

Blueberries were BOGO last week at Price Chopper…hence the abundance of ‘em. Winking smile

Another big salad filled with all sorts of veggies, avocado, dried cranberries, sliced deli chicken, and balsamic vinaigrette on the side.

Today will be the third day of me having this salad and I seriously can’t get enough. They’ve been tasting SO good this week!

Right after I finished my salad I also had 2 cutie clementines.

So far, our bag of cuties has been a good one (there’s always a dud or two it seems like). They’re super sweet and juicy…and I’d almost say they’re “sweet like candy” but, umm, clementines are not candy. Sorry.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

On my way to pick up Lucas after work I snacked on a mini KIND bar in the car.

mini KIND bar

Lucas wound up falling asleep in the car on the way home so I took advantage and squeezed in a workout while he napped.

I ended up doing some intervals, which looked a little somethin’ like this:

• Warm up – 5 mins
  • 4 minutes @ 6.0mph
  • 3 minutes @ 6.5mph
  • 2 minutes @ 7.0mph
  • 1 minute @ 4.5mph
  • Repeat 3x
  • Cool down – 5 mins (which I actually extended a bit more just to make it to 4 miles)

Shortly after I finished up my run I came back upstairs and snagged an unphotographed spoonful of peanut butter along with a few Kashi crackers.

So someone had recently commented on this old frittata recipe, which I had completely forgotten about. It sounded delicious so I decided to throw one together with some of the veggies we had on hand.

It was filled with lots of spinach, some grape tomatoes, onions, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and some feta cheese sprinkled on top. Suuuuper yum. I had 1/4 of the frittata for dinner along with a toasted English muffin with butter.

Again…toasted carbs with butter. Does it get much better?

Okay, well maybe it does…

cookie dough oreos

I posted these on Instagram a few weeks ago and while I was in Target the other day, I suddenly found myself in the cookie aisle staring face to face with these bad boys. I had to have them. Plus, I mean, they’re limited edition so I can’t miss out, right? Winking smile

So for my dessert, I enjoyed three delicious cookie dough Oreos along with a small glass of almond milk.

cookie dough oreos

If you can get your hands on ‘em, do it. Trust me.

Happy Wednesday, friends! Make it a great one! Smile

**I still have yet to hear from the winner of the Name Bubbles Giveaway – make sure to check and see if it was you!

Omg those Oreos. Or as my boyfriend calls them, “My Cocaine” haha. I do weird things after eating them. Probably because of the sugar and I always, no joke, always eat the whole thing in one night. I just have no self control around them. So needless to say, I try to stay away from them haha. That salad on the other hand looks bomb! I love all the veggies it has on it!
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Pilates Wednesday – Chest & Back!

2. Stacey M. says

Love your oatmeal recipe … I’ve been trying to find something new to eat for breakfast for a while, but nothing has really sounded good, until now. I’ll have to give your pumpkin oats a whirl and see if that does the trick.
    Also love your treadmill workout. Now that’s something I’m pretty sure I could handle, seeing as though the fastest speed you reach is 7.0 mph. I don’t think I could run very long at 8.0 mph without flying off the treadmill! You’re a rockstar for getting in so many workouts being a new mommy … Love it.
    I think I’ll be able to avoid buying those Oreos … I’m not really a fan of them.

Ha how funny. As I am reading this I am eating pumpkin oatmeal with blueberry syrup! Its pretty good. I must agree.

Are any other Californian’s having a hard time finding those Oreos??I have gone to Target specifically to get them an embarrassing amount of times…
    Jessica recently posted..Bagel Making

I’m drooling looking at this post. First of all, I love that it’s mostly healthy, but with some legitimate other food. I love that you keep it real on your WIAW! Those Oreos look out of this world, and so did your salad! I’ve been feeling the clementines lately as well. Haven’t had as many icky ones as I feel like I usually get in a box! Looked like a wonderful day of eats to me :)
    Alexis @ funrunning4life recently posted..Prepare for the Random

I have a feeling those Oreos would be a very dangerous thing to have around 😯 I remember buying a box of Birthday Cake ones a couple months ago and I think they lasted 3 days. Granted there are other people in my house. Still; dangerous.
    Lyric recently posted..WIAW: WTF?!

I had no idea they made mini kind bars, but I’m definitely going to look for them! The coconut and almond ones are my favorite! Also, I’m not a big salad person at all but I’m always looking for new ideas and that one looks SO good! Just found your blog through the WIAW link up and so glad I came across it!
    Carly recently posted..What I ate Wednesday!

7. Joanna says

Oh…Frittata looks delicious!

Does your lettuce stay fresh for 3 days with all the toppings on top? I’ve prepared mine also for 3 days and tend to find the lettuce doesn’t hold up as much…any suggestions?

• Courtney says

I actually had no problems with mine! I try to make sure the toppings aren’t too soggy (no cut tomatoes, etc.) but other than that, just make sure they’re tightly sealed. I was pleasantly surprised to find that today’s salad tasted just as good as Monday’s! :)

8. Alaina says

I just bought the Cookie dough Oreos today, too! However, I was definitely lacking in self-discipline (probably because my husband was with me), because there was also the Lemon Oreos AND the Marshmallow Crispy Oreos!!!! I bought all three…goodness…how ashamed I am! I guess being preggo gives me an excuse! 😉

9. Nala says

OMO! That oatmeal looks so heavenly! I miss pumpkin flavored foods =) From the pictures I’ve seen today – you a had a day of delicious eats! That is to die for! And what I wouldn’t give for an english muffin toasted with butter right now =) Do you make your own or do you buy them?

10. Amy says

Hello Courtney,
    I’m just NOW reading through several different blogs from this past week, as I didn’t have any time to keep up with them, due to extra busy-ness at work. Anyways, I wanted to ask you something…
    I have seen the black bowl that you use for your salads a lot.
    Where did you purchase it? Do they come in a “pack” of them?
    Or is it a “plastic” bowl with cover that you got at some take-out spot, and just wash and reuse??
    Thank you!

• Courtney says

Hey Amy!
      They’re actually takeout containers from one of our favorite Italian restaurants that we order from sometimes…haha, they’re the best!

• Amy says

Hello Courtney,
        I thought that they might be something like that. Thanks for getting back with me about this!
        Have a great rest of your Sunday!