Fun Facts Friday {2/14}

by Courtney on February 14, 2014

1. I will not complain about the foot and a half of snow outside. I will not complain about the foot and a half of snow outside. I will not complain about the foot and a half of snow outside…

2. I have fallen in love with the deliciousness that is a simple green smoothie.

• 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup almond milk (vanilla unsweetened for me)
  • 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
  • 3 drops vanilla stevia
  • 4 huge handfuls spinach

Sooooo, so good. Try it.

3. While I was at work the other day, I suddenly realized that we have Monday off for President’s Day. I had completely forgotten about it! Talk about a sweet surprise, right?

4. Last week at work we had a chili cook-off, and my friend Amanda won with her Hawaiian Chicken Chili. I became obsessed with it right off the bat and had to have the recipe. I tried it out yesterday, and while the flavor was good, it just was not the same as hers. Don’t ya hate when that happens?

I will try again though…because that means more sides of cornbread. And I’ll always take an excuse for a side of cornbread (we used this recipe last night…OMG so good).

5. Workouts have been pretty great once again this week! A couple T25 workouts and a couple of treadmill workouts. I’ve been suuuuper thankful that Lucas’s schedule has allowed me to be able to squeeze those in this week…I’ll take advantage while it lasts, since we know it’ll probably change again aaaany day now.

6. Tubby time is SO much fun these days. Little man just cannot get enough of splashing around in the water. And, funny enough, Cody is always right there to get in on the action.

Oh yes…and here’s proof that we’re in need of that bathroom remodel. How much are you lovin’ that green tub, eh? We have a toiled to match, too. It’s ok to be jealous. Winking smile

7. Baby mohawk = amazing.

8. Sometimes, nothing beats a simple dinner of a meat + starch + veggie (for you fellow carnivores, of course). Am I right?

9. My boys. Swooon. <3

I’m pretty sure Lucas is already plotting against Cody…what do you guys think?

10. Happy Valentine’s Day, my friends! I hope your day is filled with all sorts of love and chocolate. Yes, lots of chocolate.

1 Lyric February 14, 2014 at 10:02 am

Sometimes the simple meals are best. And can I just say Lucas is way to cute for his own good!
Lyric recently posted..Quick Strawberry Apple Sauce

2 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Aww, haha, thank you! :)

3 Stacey M. February 14, 2014 at 10:09 am

I hear ya about the snow … I live in Upstate New York, directly east of Lake Ontario where we always get pounded with lake effect. Many days this winter already we’ve woken up to a foot or more of snow. Ugh … can it just be spring already?!
I’m also looking forward to a day off of work next week … I’m taking Friday off to help my cousin prepare for her wedding on Saturday! Sooo excited … it’s my first time being a bridesmaid!
That “simple” dinner you had looks amazingly good. Nothing beats good chicken and sweet potatoes are always a good bet. Love steamed broccoli too. Mmmmm.

4 Angie@adiamondthatshinesbright.com February 14, 2014 at 10:09 am

Funny, my sister just text me a picture of the snow there. I do not miss NY right now, not at all!

Happy plowing:)

5 Kathryn February 14, 2014 at 10:27 am

So I guess complaining about the 80 degree weather we’ll be having today probably wouldn’t go over too well, huh? Lol.

6 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 3:37 pm

OMGGGGGGGGGG ;)

7 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige February 14, 2014 at 10:28 am

Baby Mohawk is amazing!! So cute, green tub an all :)
And yikes to all that snow! Hopefully you don’t have to drive much in it.
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..5 Essential Travel Items for a Healthy & Comfortable Trip

8 Alissa @ Eat Clean Beauty Queen February 14, 2014 at 10:28 am

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of vanilla stevia! Do they make other flavors? Where do you get it?
Alissa @ Eat Clean Beauty Queen recently posted..Sweet Valentine’s Day Treat

9 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Yes!! I use NuNaturals brand and get it from iHerb.com – http://www.iherb.com/NuNaturals-Vanilla-Stevia-Alcohol-Free-2-fl-oz-59-ml/15940#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=vanilla%20nunaturals&rc=3&sr=null&ic=1

(use my coupon code SAZ564 to get a discount, too!!) ;)

10 Brittany @ proteinandpumps February 14, 2014 at 10:34 am

Meat startch veggie is always a win.

11 Lauren February 14, 2014 at 10:34 am

I have been doing T25 workouts this week too!!! It was great to do one on the snow day and it KICKS MY BUTT!!! Have you tried Beta? I still am doing Alpha workouts because they are really hard and nervous to move on lolol
Happy Valentine’s day !!!!!
Lauren recently posted..Snow Day

12 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 3:39 pm

No, I haven’t tried Beta yet!! I really want to because I know it incorporates some weights/resistance bands, but Alpha is still kicking my butt so I’m sure Beta is gonna be TOUGH!

13 Beks February 14, 2014 at 10:35 am

I love how adorable Cody and Lucas are together. You know they’re going to be partners in crime as Lucas gets older. So sweet!
Beks recently posted..Homemade Rotisserie Soup

14 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat February 14, 2014 at 10:44 am

We got a foot of snow yesterday! Spring where are you!?!

I make a very similar green smoothie. I just add in some chia seeds and vanilla protein powder. It’s super simple, but so tasty.

Happy Valentine’s Day!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..My Thoughts on Valentine’s Day

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 14, 2014 at 10:49 am

Haha I’m a big fan of the baby mohawk! :-p And won’t it just be awesome when winter is over?
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 02/14/14.

16 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Umm, YES. Yes it will!!

17 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health February 14, 2014 at 10:50 am

Aw what an adorable pic of your boys! Hope y’all stay warm!!
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Red Velvet Protein Smoothie

18 Melissa@forloveandtravel February 14, 2014 at 10:52 am

Not sure how you get use to all that snow. Here in Texas, it snows and we freak out. I stay home, I won’t dare venture out on HWY I-35. Austin-folks don’t know how to drive in rain much less sleet/ice or snow. Talk about ridiculous!!! Ha.
Melissa@forloveandtravel recently posted..Crockpot Italian Chicken

19 Dayna February 14, 2014 at 10:53 am

hahaha you can complain about the snow all you want. I live in NY too (just in the city) and I don’t think I have been able to go one day without complaining. One more month until Spring! Lucas is so adorable. Baby mohawks are all the rave. Hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day :)

20 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life February 14, 2014 at 11:02 am

Oh so cute! I love that picture at the end of your boys <3 It's the best thing when kids like tubby time… when they get older and opinionated (terrible 2's I'm looking at you!) bath time can be a STRUGGLE. Haha!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Friday Favorites #1

21 Marin February 14, 2014 at 11:10 am

Courtney, I make an almost identical smoothie, but sometimes for an extra kick, I’ll add some iced coffee concentrate. So good–try it!

22 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I’ve never tried/thought of that! Do you buy iced coffee concentrate or make it yourself…??

23 Marin February 14, 2014 at 4:47 pm

I buy mine at Trader Joe’s, but I’ve also heard good things about the Pioneer Woman’s method for making your own.

24 Becky@TheSavedRunner February 14, 2014 at 11:19 am

I’ve never head of Hawaiin Chicken chili but it sounds amazing! Great job on another week of great workouts! I so admire your mommas who take such good care of your babies and still take care of yourself!

25 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Thanks, Becky! :)

26 Lauren February 14, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Lucas is just too cute. It is crazy how much they change week to week.

Your eats kind of make me feel guilty because it all looks so nutritious! Your pics have inspired me to eat more veggies, at least for today. :-)

Have a great weekend!

27 Katie February 14, 2014 at 1:00 pm

He is just so so cute!! I have a 10 month old & they are so fun during bath time :D I love it! & I hear you about the schedule thing.. changes constantly! I agree with the whole dinner thing.. One of my favorites (Meat.Sweet potato.Veggie)

28 Ellie@Fit for the soul February 14, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Green smoooothieeeeee! YESSSSS I’ll be making this soon today, thank you for the reminder! :D I guess with a baby around I’m not as quick to use the blender because it’s so loud. :P And omgness he’s soooo adorable! Yep, he’s definitely getting something up his sleeve, lol.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Valentine’s Cupcakes with Andes Buttercream Frosting

29 Sara February 14, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Where did you get that tub? We need one that our little one can sit-up in.

30 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Target!

31 Alexis @ funrunning4life February 14, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Your family is so beautiful! What a smile on that little guy. Where do you buy your ground flaxseed? I’ve had a hard time finding it. Do you order it online?
Alexis @ funrunning4life recently posted..Loving Lately

32 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Yep! I get it from iHerb.com – http://www.iherb.com/Bob-s-Red-Mill-Golden-Flaxseed-Meal-16-oz-453-g/29563

(be sure to use my coupon code SAZ564 to get a discount, too!!) ;)

33 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog February 14, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day!! Hope you have a great night with your boys :-)

Usually it snows worse here in Omaha, but it seems since I moved back FROM New York, New York is the one getting all the snow. Imagine that!

PS – the green smoothie looks divine – must make soon.
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Cookie Dough Oreo V-Day Truffles + Kickboxing Bootcamp Workout + a Romcom Must-See List

34 char eats greens February 14, 2014 at 2:34 pm

LOVE how vibrant green the smoothie is! And, my girl has the same bathtub (I think pretty much every baby has that tub haha)
char eats greens recently posted..tempeh bacon for your valentine + a winner!

35 Shel@PeachyPalate February 14, 2014 at 3:20 pm

How does T25 compare to Insanity? Thinking ahead to a birthday present request!

36 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Well I never really did too much of Insanity but I know that the time difference is huge (T25 = 25mins, Insanity = 45-50mins, I believe?) I just love how T25 workouts are so quick, yet leave you feeling like you did SO much by the time you’re done. They’re definitely great, effective workouts!

37 Shel@PeachyPalate February 14, 2014 at 4:31 pm

I only made it through the first Insanity month but they were between 40 and 30 minutes, 10 minutes of which is a warm but like that they leave you pumping sweat!

38 Rebecca February 15, 2014 at 8:58 am

Hey! Sorry to belabor this, but if you have a second, I was just wondering if you’ve ever done Jillian Michaels (30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30) and if you have how they compare to T25. I’m debating splurging on this program, but I really want to know if it’s worth it first! Thanks!

39 Courtney February 15, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I actually really haven’t tried either of those, so I can’t really compare…sorry! I think I tried one of the 30 day shred workouts a while back and remember it being good, but I’m not sure how I’d compare it to T25.

40 Jenn@Mark My Miles! February 14, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Ha! My little man is definitely plotting against our dog as well. I can tell when he smiles and tries to grab the wagging tail !
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..A corny question, flight delays and missing the long run.

41 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 14, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Sometimes going back to the basics with smoothies is the best :) Looks delicious! Happy Valentine’s day! I know it is extra special for you this year!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Five Things I Love (Valentine’s Day Edition)

42 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 14, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Have you gotten any snow days with that snow? That always makes up for it in my eyes! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Love Letter to Myself

43 Courtney February 14, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Yep!! I was able to work from home yesterday and today. :)

44 Leigha @ Minougirl February 14, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day! Ugh, That pic of the snow looks exactly like my backyard. I totally know what you mean about a recipe not being quite the same – story of my life whenever I try one of Grandma’s recipes!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Fashion Friday {2/10 – 2/14}

45 Tara@PNWRunner February 15, 2014 at 12:56 am

The baby mohawk is soooo cute!!! The foot and a half of snow….wow! I could not even imagine..that is too much snow for me! Seattle or the suburbs wouldn’t been able to handle it. Props to you all! :)

46 Marie February 15, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Lucas is such a cutie! Your dinner looks a like a lot of ours here! So simple and quick! BTW, I am so addicted to Instagram that I absentmindedly kept trying to double tap your pic in this post. Haha.

47 Katy February 15, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Ugh! I hear ya on the snow. We got hit with 10 inches here in Massachusetts on Wednesday and as we speak another storm in showering down 5-10 inches. Craziness. I cannot wait until spring!
Katy recently posted..Flavor of the Week: Pop Art Popcorn!

48 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine February 15, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Oh boy! He is just such a cutie pie! I am always, always up for cornbread too. Happy Valentine’s Day :)

49 Annette@FitnessPerks February 17, 2014 at 2:31 pm

holy snow!! That is a lot!!

Def enjoyed chocolate :) mmmmm!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Weekend Highlights {Valentine’s Fun!}

50 Sarah @ Sweet Miles February 17, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Oh my word, so much snow!!! Lucas is adorable!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Nashville Hot Chocolate 15K Recap