Fun Facts Friday {2/14}

1. I will not complain about the foot and a half of snow outside. I will not complain about the foot and a half of snow outside. I will not complain about the foot and a half of snow outside…

2. I have fallen in love with the deliciousness that is a simple green smoothie.

• 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup almond milk (vanilla unsweetened for me)
  • 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
  • 3 drops vanilla stevia
  • 4 huge handfuls spinach

Sooooo, so good. Try it.

3. While I was at work the other day, I suddenly realized that we have Monday off for President’s Day. I had completely forgotten about it! Talk about a sweet surprise, right?

4. Last week at work we had a chili cook-off, and my friend Amanda won with her Hawaiian Chicken Chili. I became obsessed with it right off the bat and had to have the recipe. I tried it out yesterday, and while the flavor was good, it just was not the same as hers. Don’t ya hate when that happens?

I will try again though…because that means more sides of cornbread. And I’ll always take an excuse for a side of cornbread (we used this recipe last night…OMG so good).

5. Workouts have been pretty great once again this week! A couple T25 workouts and a couple of treadmill workouts. I’ve been suuuuper thankful that Lucas’s schedule has allowed me to be able to squeeze those in this week…I’ll take advantage while it lasts, since we know it’ll probably change again aaaany day now.

6. Tubby time is SO much fun these days. Little man just cannot get enough of splashing around in the water. And, funny enough, Cody is always right there to get in on the action.

Oh yes…and here’s proof that we’re in need of that bathroom remodel. How much are you lovin’ that green tub, eh? We have a toiled to match, too. It’s ok to be jealous. Winking smile

7. Baby mohawk = amazing.

8. Sometimes, nothing beats a simple dinner of a meat + starch + veggie (for you fellow carnivores, of course). Am I right?

9. My boys. Swooon. <3

I’m pretty sure Lucas is already plotting against Cody…what do you guys think?

10. Happy Valentine’s Day, my friends! I hope your day is filled with all sorts of love and chocolate. Yes, lots of chocolate.

Comments

1. Stacey M. says

I hear ya about the snow … I live in Upstate New York, directly east of Lake Ontario where we always get pounded with lake effect. Many days this winter already we’ve woken up to a foot or more of snow. Ugh … can it just be spring already?!
    I’m also looking forward to a day off of work next week … I’m taking Friday off to help my cousin prepare for her wedding on Saturday! Sooo excited … it’s my first time being a bridesmaid!
    That “simple” dinner you had looks amazingly good. Nothing beats good chicken and sweet potatoes are always a good bet. Love steamed broccoli too. Mmmmm.

2. Kathryn says

So I guess complaining about the 80 degree weather we’ll be having today probably wouldn’t go over too well, huh? Lol.

I have been doing T25 workouts this week too!!! It was great to do one on the snow day and it KICKS MY BUTT!!! Have you tried Beta? I still am doing Alpha workouts because they are really hard and nervous to move on lolol
    Happy Valentine’s day !!!!!
    Lauren recently posted..Snow Day

• Courtney says

No, I haven’t tried Beta yet!! I really want to because I know it incorporates some weights/resistance bands, but Alpha is still kicking my butt so I’m sure Beta is gonna be TOUGH!

hahaha you can complain about the snow all you want. I live in NY too (just in the city) and I don’t think I have been able to go one day without complaining. One more month until Spring! Lucas is so adorable. Baby mohawks are all the rave. Hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day :)

5. Marin says

Courtney, I make an almost identical smoothie, but sometimes for an extra kick, I’ll add some iced coffee concentrate. So good–try it!

I’ve never head of Hawaiin Chicken chili but it sounds amazing! Great job on another week of great workouts! I so admire your mommas who take such good care of your babies and still take care of yourself!

Lucas is just too cute. It is crazy how much they change week to week.

Your eats kind of make me feel guilty because it all looks so nutritious! Your pics have inspired me to eat more veggies, at least for today. :-)

Have a great weekend!

8. Katie says

He is just so so cute!! I have a 10 month old & they are so fun during bath time :D I love it! & I hear you about the schedule thing.. changes constantly! I agree with the whole dinner thing.. One of my favorites (Meat.Sweet potato.Veggie)

• Courtney says

Well I never really did too much of Insanity but I know that the time difference is huge (T25 = 25mins, Insanity = 45-50mins, I believe?) I just love how T25 workouts are so quick, yet leave you feeling like you did SO much by the time you’re done. They’re definitely great, effective workouts!

• Rebecca says

Hey! Sorry to belabor this, but if you have a second, I was just wondering if you’ve ever done Jillian Michaels (30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30) and if you have how they compare to T25. I’m debating splurging on this program, but I really want to know if it’s worth it first! Thanks!

• Courtney says

I actually really haven’t tried either of those, so I can’t really compare…sorry! I think I tried one of the 30 day shred workouts a while back and remember it being good, but I’m not sure how I’d compare it to T25.

The baby mohawk is soooo cute!!! The foot and a half of snow….wow! I could not even imagine..that is too much snow for me! Seattle or the suburbs wouldn’t been able to handle it. Props to you all! :)

10. Marie says

Lucas is such a cutie! Your dinner looks a like a lot of ours here! So simple and quick! BTW, I am so addicted to Instagram that I absentmindedly kept trying to double tap your pic in this post. Haha.