Best of Intentions

Oh man, you guys. You know those times where you’re all set and ready to commit to something and then, BAM, life happens? Umm yeah, welcome to my life this week.

I had the best of intentions of putting together some new posts this week, getting in some great workouts, and catching up on some stuff at home that I’ve been trying to get to…buuuuut, it looks like this just isn’t the week for that. I haven’t posted since Monday, I’ve only worked out once since Saturday, and my to-do list at home has barely been touched. Ahh well…it happens, right?!

Despite my work week feeling like it’s dragging (I feel like it should have been Friday about 3 days ago), it’s actually been a pretty good one. Lucas has been an absolute blast, and we’ve even managed to have some good food (including Kristen’s Baked Pesto Chicken Parmesan with oven roasted potato wedges).

Tuesday night, however, was by far the highlight of my week. I picked up Lucas after work, hung out with him at home for a bit until Jay got home, and then it was mommy’s solo night out! I had a therapeutic massage scheduled for 7:45pm, so before I had to go there, I hit up a couple of my favorite grocery stores that I don’t usually get a chance to visit.

First up…The Fresh Market. I was pumped to see that their pre-packaged coffee is BOGO this week, so I picked up a couple bags of my always-favorite caramel macchiato flavor.

And thanks to my friend, Kanika, I also made sure to check out their chicken. Did you guys know that The Fresh Market sells their antibiotic free boneless chicken breasts for only $2.99/lb on Tuesdays? Talk about a great deal!

I obviously got a bit excited and stocked up. Winking smile

After my trip to The Fresh Market, I hit up good ol’ Trader Joe’s for some produce.

Oh yeah, and some treats too…

I’m tellin’ you guys. I cannot resist that cookie butter and those cinnamon schoolbook cookies. I actually love them more than the cat cookies…and that’s saying a lot.

I also picked up some powerberries because, well, why not.

And since I knew I’d be getting home late and wouldn’t feel like packing a lunch for the next day, I grabbed this salad. Hoooolyyyyy cowwwwww.

That thing was absolutely incredible. Seriously, TJ’s. You hit the nail on the head with this one!

So after all of my shopping was done, I headed to my massage which was a solid hour of pure bliss. For the past few months, I’ve been dealing with some serious tightness and just general discomfort in my entire neck/shoulder region so a therapeutic massage was juuuust what I needed. Within about 30 seconds, my masseuse confirmed the fact that my muscles are tighter than tight and she recommended I come in again soon.

Ohhhh, if only money grew on trees.

By the time I got home it was fairly close to my bedtime, so I chatted a bit with Jay as he filled me in on his night with the boy.

Apparently, he was good as gold (and is getting oh-so-close to that crawl he’s been working so hard at for the past couple of weeks!).

Speaking of the little man…he’s seven months old today. SEVEN months. How in the world is that possible??

Alright, gotta jet…I’ll catch up with you cool cats tomorrow! Well, at least that’s my intention. Winking smile

Comments

I definitely had so many weeks like that when I lived in NYC. And I know that all my friends who are moms have weeks like this all the time :-)

Every time I see someone write about Trader Joe’s I get happy, because now I have a Trader Joe’s approx. 7 minutes away from me. And it’s a minute away from the Whole Foods. Everything is 7 to 15 minutes away in Omaha. It’s.Awesome. I’m going to have to pick up those Dark Chocolate Powerberries. Happy 7 months to your little guy – he is precious!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: Good Luck Charms

yeah about those intentions… i haven’t worked out in TWO WEEKS :-I eek! i was sick last week so that’s no big deal and this week i’ve had parent teacher conferences before, during, and after school. except for this morning when i said maybe i’d workout. and then that didn’t happen. come on, weekend!
    Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..#SoEatingThis at Houlihan’s GIVEAWAY

Yay for some YOU time!!! And omg Trader Joe’s, they have some many great treats!! I love just going down the aisles and looking, even if I wasn’t planning on buying any. And massages, I have never got one before. I’m waiting to get one when I have a steady job and can afford to get one at least once a month haha because I’m afraid that once I get one, when I feel tight again, it’ll feel 10x worse than it actually was the first time!
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #5

We had IGE’s Baked Pesto Parmesan earlier this week too! It’s SO easy and super delicious. It’ll definitely be a repeat. I always love her recipes!

Glad you got in a massage! That sounds fabulous!

I’m with you on the TJ’s Cookie Butter! I can never resist it when I go there. And then it hardly stands a chance once it enters my kitchen. 😉
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..02/27/14: Thursday Thoughts

5. Amelia @i_heart_kale says

You make me chuckle. I love the fresh market! If only we had one here in Charleston, which is why I stock up on things when I visit my in laws in Florida. Their coffee is so yummy and they have some pretty unique flavors. Sale on chicken?? Stock up and freeze!
    So the to do list isn’t done and workouts have been sub par? Look at the week as a whole instead of individual days. Maybe you are a weekend workout warrior and will catch up on everything else too. Each day is a new day!! :) hope it’s warming up a little bit in NY!

I seriously need to start a petition or something to get Trader Joe’s in Canada. I picked up those cat cookies the last time I went (over a year ago…le sigh) on your recommendation, and they were awesome. But if the schoolbook cookies are even better…yup, I’ll have to get on that.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Thinking Out Loud: NEDA.

Mmmmmm the cookie butter is the best!!

I want a massage like right now! I bet that felt so amazing.

My little one is 4 months today (they are exactly 3 months apart-fun huh?) SO that is exciting! She’s also been sleeping through the night now consistently for 2 weeks, so we are all happy over here. haha.

Can’t wait to see a video of him crawling soon!
    Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Les Mills MegaMadness Event! (Discount Code)

8. Alaina says

That’s a great deal on the Fresh Market chicken!! Do you know if it’s like that nationally or just at youth store? Also, do you know if it’s free range or hormone free or just antibiotic free? DH and I are trying to eat a bit cleaner! Thanks!

I love Trader Joe’s, and to say that those schoolbook cookies are better than CAT COOKIES?! I must try them because cat cookies are basically crack. I also was at TJ’s the other day and got a pre-made salad, the Spinach Power Salad? I think? With quinoa and edamame and chickpeas? It was amazing! I couldn’t get enough!
    Kelly recently posted..So this is my brain. Beware.

One thing I’ve learned since becoming a mother is that as wonderful as your intentions are, rarely do they go as planned. And that’s okay 😉 I think we have many more years ahead of us like this!!!
    Happy to see you had a mom’s night out. My mother in law is visiting, and I actually had my first solo shopping trip in over a year. Now I need a massage, and I’ll be good to go, too!! Happy Friday. Almost the weekend :)
    Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Body Attack Inspired At-Home Workout

Yayyyy! High five to not getting everything done despite our best intentions! Haha. I have lots of days like that and although I get frustrated at myself at first, I remember that it’s all good in the end. The world will go round and around and I’m still blessed in so many ways that nothing “bad” really matters in the end. :) And besides, you’re working so much so you deserve a break! 😉 And I wanna try those cinnamon cookies! I’m kind of hungry right now and having somewhat of a sweet tooth, so…..bad idea seeing that photo.
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Almond Butter Jelly Squares {gf+vegan}

12. Emily S. says

I love that you are so honest with everything that’s involved with being a mama! My son is 6 months older than your little buddy and I constantly struggle with taking care of everyone else and still having time to take care of me. I love reading your blog and knowing that others struggle sometimes, and also that you succeed other times, and that balance is totally okay.

That crawl stance is too adorable! My lil one just turned 4 months. The time truly flies. It’s so exciting to watch them grow and learn.

Trackbacks