WIAW: New Snacks

Holy cow, was yesterday a BUSY day. It wasn’t until almost 9:30pm when I finally got the chance to just sit down and veg…which I did for about 5 minutes, then got back up to just get ready to go to bed. I. Was. Spent.

Tuesdays are the day when Jay will (sometimes) go snowboarding after work, which means I’m solo for the evening. I don’t mind it at all, especially since I get my evenings out too, and I think it’s really important that we both get some individual time to step away from the “mommy” and “daddy” role for a few hours. So that just means that I’m scrambling a bit more once the babe is in bed.

Last night, once Lucas was asleep around 7:15pm, I headed to the basement for a workout (was pretty darn proud of the fact that I still managed to do it…another killer NTC workout), then it was time to wash/sterilize bottles, pick up the living room and kitchen, prep bottles and food for Lucas, make my own lunch for today, put together a rough outline for this post, pump, then (finally!) bedtime.

So here we are today, and it’s another WIAW kinda day. Today’s post features all of Monday’s eats, so let’s get rollin’!

A paired a plain Chobani with some fresh strawberries and Kashi Go Lean Crisp cereal.

I’ve actually been enjoying this combo for a few days now and am totally loving it. I got away from the whole yogurt + fruit + cereal combo for a while, but it’s definitely back on my radar. Especially if the strawberries stay as good as these last couple of containers have been!

Mid-Morning Snack

Nothin’ like the classic peanut butter and banana combo, am I right?

pb & banana

Never gets old.

I’ve also been all about the salads for lunch these days. As long as their filled with all sort of good stuff, of course. This one had mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, avocado, cranberries, feta cheese, sliced deli turkey, and roasted kettle kernels(!) with honey balsamic vinaigrette.

The Roasted Kettle Kernels actually came in my latest NatureBox delivery and holy crap…I decided to choose them just because they were a bit different from something I would typically get so I figured it was a long shot. But these things are insanely delicious!

roasted kettle kernels

In addition to the Kettle Kernels, I also snagged some more delicious goodies.

Included in this month’s box were:

• Roasted Kettle Kernels
  • Sunshine Chips (I couldn’t resist getting them again)
  • French Vanilla Almond Granola
  • Honey Nut Medley
  • Yogurt Dipped Pretzels

Yum, yum, yum. And as a reminder, you can use the code SWEETTOOTH to get 50% off your 1st box (I’m not making any money off of your use of the code, just a discount for you!).

Mid-Afternoon Snack

While I was scrambling in the morning to pack up some more snacks, I came across the half of a leftover baked sweet potato which, technically, is Lucas’s. Whoops, sorry bud. Looks like I owe ya some more sweet ‘taters.

I ate it cold and topped with some Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter and honestly, it was such a perfect snack. I had one of those moments where I was like “why do I not make more of these ahead of time for snacks?” I always say the same thing about hard boiled eggs, too. I love them, but never have any cooked when a craving strikes. I need to get on top of that.

Jay and I hadn’t really planned anything for dinner (sound familiar?) so we put together what we could with what we had. That meant a chicken sandwich for him and a TJ’s Pizza Veggie Burger for me, topped with some sliced avocado and melted provolone.

Let me tell ya…that sandwich turned out to be SO much better than I could have anticipated.

After-Dinner Snacks

I had work to do after dinner, in the form of washing and sterilizing bottles. Blahhhh…one of the most tedious of mommy/daddy duties, if ya ask me! So while I worked on those, I also washed up some grapes and plucked them from the vines, snacking on both those and some TJ’s schoolhouse cookies.

tj's cookies

No idea how many I had, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t get too crazy. 😉

A little while later, I also snacked on an iced oatmeal cookie Clif Z Bar, mostly because it just looked good when I saw it.

clif z bar

Those things, I’ll tell ya. Delicious.

And that’s that! Lots of talk about snacks today, huh? What snacks have you guys been loving lately??

*And I’ve gotta give a couple big HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout outs to my friends Joey & Andrea, who are both celebrating today. Happy Birthday, guys!* xoxo

1. Stacey M. says

Looks like a great day of eats if you ask me! I just had a yogurt, fruit, cereal combo for dinner last night and I had forgotten how delicious they really are. My fruit was a chopped apple, however, since decent strawberries are rare around my parts right now. I also love your banana and PB snack … it truly never gets old. I think I eat that combination in some form or another everyday. Also love those iced oatmeal Z-bars … been snacking on those for a while now. You’ve definitely inspired some serious cravings this morning!

2. Maggie says

Do you sterilize your bottles every day? My pediatrician said that is not necessary. He said simply washing the bottles and pump parts in hot, soapy water is sufficient. I just googled it, and many sources agree. The only exception is if you have well water. Not trying to tell you what to do — just trying to hopefully save you some time :-)

• Courtney says

Oh my gosh, no, haha! The only time I really sterilize them is if they’ve been sitting out all day without being rinsed and whatnot (I usually try to at least rinse them afterwards). We typically just do the hot soapy water, too, but I’d say we probably sterilize maybe 1-2x a week? This week was an exception since we had really let them pile up. Oops. :)

3. Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) says

About a month ago I started mixing greek yogurt with granola and chocolate chips…. it was life changing! It is my breakfast everyday now!

i dig the Sunshine Chips in Nature Box as well, and their Blueberry Almond rice clusters are another good choice. my fave snacks are the figs for sure.

Nothin’ like the not-so-classic almond butter and apple/pear combo, I’d say. I figure I’m the odd one out but I while I like bananas I don’t ever eat them as is. Just stirred into oats or in baked goods. Blogger fail?!
    The NatureBox snacks look great – too bad we can’t get the box over here. One of my favourite snacks that takes hardly any prep work are canned chickpeas. Drained, rinsed – ready.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted..Weighing in on a heavy topic

• Courtney says

Is it crazy that I actually do NOT like chocolate ice cream?? I like just about everything and anything else chocolate, except ice cream!

• Courtney says

Do you ever find that running the parts through the dishwasher makes them cloudy at all? We have a couple dishwasher baskets for our Dr. Brown’s bottles but don’t like using them because they always come out all cloudy…then again, maybe that’s just our dishwasher. 😉

I have the exact same feelings about prepping sweet potatoes! Lately I can’t get enough of some plain greek yogurt and mixing in a tablespoon or 2 of PB2, holy yum!
    Tori Lt recently posted..Weekend Recap

Yesterday I had some graham crackers topped with peanut butter for a snack. I’ve never had that before, but it was delicious! I’m definitely going to snack on that again.
    Shelly recently posted..Pictures of Food

Great eats! Love the snacks. Snacks I’ve been loving are Pretzel Crisps, applesauce, and string cheese. Sounds a little boring but them have been hitting the spot lately! I can’t wait for spring so I can enjoy more fresh produce. :-)
    Katy recently posted..WIAW: Breakfast Biscuit Recipe

9. Alaina says

I so look up to you with continuing your fitness with such a young baby! You are so inspiring! When did you begin exercising after giving birth? I am almost 1 wk postpartum and am starting to miss that endorphin rush. Also, I also am a previous HAer, so you must understand how I feel!

All your snacks look tasty. But seriously – I’ve said it before on here (I think) you really need to try S’mores flavour by Balance Bar. OMGGGGGGGGG. Buy it! Lol.