My Video Shoot in NYC

by Courtney on April 28, 2014

Hey guys! How was the weekend? Do anything fun or exciting?

Well, I wouldn’t say that my weekend was anything overly exciting (pretty chill and lots of time with my boys!), but my Thursday and Friday certainly were!

I know I told you guys I was heading down to NYC for a quick video shoot, but I never really told you why. Well, the shoot was with Fitness Magazine and Oster, to help work on promoting a huge challenge that they’re going to be holding in June. While I won’t have a ton of details for you about it in today’s post, I am excited to be able to share a little bit about the day without having to keep everything on the total down-low.

For now, I’ll fill ya in on the fun of the day; but pretty soon, I’ll have a bunch of fun and exciting stuff to share with you guys, so stay tuned!

So Thursday evening, after getting picked up in style, I took the train down to New York City where I eventually met up with Anne, who was joining me on the video shoot. It was so nice to have a familiar face to spend the day with! We stayed at the San Carlos Hotel, which was not only like, less than a block away from the studio we needed to be at, but it was really nice, too.

A big ol’ king bed juuuuust for me. Ahhhhh.

We quickly dropped off our stuff in our rooms and then we met back up in the lobby to head out for a quick dinner.

Anne did a little searching around on Yelp and found great reviews for a nearby sushi spot call Sushi You.

It was a teeny tiny little spot – maybe 4 or 5 tables? – and we managed to get the one open one that was left. Score!

We were given all sorts of menus shortly after sitting down, but we managed to work our way through and find a few things to share.

IMG_6030IMG_6031

Starting with edamame (you can never go wrong with edamame)…

And an assortment of rolls to share.

So pretty, so delicious.

We headed back to the hotel after dinner so we could do a little “studying” of our scripts and try to get to bed at a decent hour before a busy day ahead.

I slept pretty decent (after finally falling asleep) and woke up Friday morning ready to get sweaty. I picked out a couple 15-minute workouts from the Nike Training Club app…

Which were done both in my PJ’s and in bare feet because I never thought to pack sneakers. Whoops.

Anne and I met up in the lobby a little before 8am and walked a block over to the studio to begin our day of fun! Upon arrival, we were greeted with quite the spread of a breakfast.

I didn’t eat everything there, but I did put back quite a bit of it. The yogurt with berries and granola was, by far, my favorite though.

The next couple of hours were spent doing hair, makeup, and outfit selections with our stylist(!!), Felix, who was just so, so awesome. After that, it was time to start setting up for some video.

Lots and lots of stuff happening behind the camera, that’s for sure!

And plenty of snacks to be had.

I had one of my video shoots in the morning, which involved a creamy agave almond butter. Mmm mmmm.

IMG_6056IMG_6130

As a side note, you’re gonna see that I’m going to be somewhat vague in terms of all of the details of the shoot itself, since there are a lot more details to come! But I promise, I’ll have a bunch more to fill you guys in on in the next month or so. Winking smile

Before we knew it, it was lunch time.

Everyone hung out and enjoyed some food, then it was back to hair, makeup, and wardrobe for touch ups and changes before video #2 for Yours Truly.

IMG_6059IMG_6061

That video involved a creamy strawberry smoothie, and while I didn’t get a chance to try it, I will say that I’ll most definitely be recreating it. Some of the ingredients are pure genius!

Towards the very end of the day, Anne and I filmed our final intro/teaser video, which actually went pretty quickly. Apparently, we were becoming old pros by that point.

Aaaand, that was a wrap! We finally finished up a little after 5pm, and then it was time to clean up, gather all of our stuff, and get ready to head to the train station. We had a little bit of time before our car arrived, so I quickly pumped, FaceTimed the boys back home, and then we were off.

Thank goodness we left when we did, because I did not have much time left to grab my train. By the time we got to the station, I had just enough time to quickly grab some dinner, said goodbye to Anne, then hopped in line to get on my train back home.

Dinner was a delicious chicken kebab wrap with all sorts of veggies, hummus, and tahini, and was inhaled immediately after getting my seat. And when I say inhaled…

I wasn’t kidding.

I finally got home a little after 10pm on Friday night, hung out and chatted with Jay for a while, then it was right to bed because I was pooped. I did manage to refrain from sneaking into Lucas’s room to wake him and up and snuggle him to pieces, but all bets were off Saturday morning.

We soaked up all sorts of awesome family time all weekend long. Loved it.

But now, it’s back to the grind, so I’m off! I’ll catch up with you guys tomorrow. Winking smile

1 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely April 28, 2014 at 6:42 am

Ok, now I’m intrigued…can’t wait to hear about what all the videos are for! What a fun experience. You looked gorgeous!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Party Planning and a Birthday–Weekend Wrap-Up {4/28/14}

2 Lauren April 28, 2014 at 7:01 am

Sounds like a wonderful trip! So glad it all went well and you got to spend some quality time with Anne!

3 Brynn April 28, 2014 at 7:39 am

How exciting! I can’t wait to hear the details, but your trip sounds like a blast! How fun to be whisked away, put in hair and make up and be on camera all with your friend. So happy for you!
Brynn recently posted..Sunday Post: Spring Has Sprung

4 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 28, 2014 at 7:55 am

Looks like such an exciting and fun weekend! Can’t wait to find out more of the details!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Getaway

5 Linz @ Itz Linz April 28, 2014 at 8:31 am

looks like so much fun! glad you had a blast! :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..William’s Newborn Pictures

6 Danica @ It's Progression April 28, 2014 at 8:31 am

Sounds like such a fun opportunity! I’m excited to hear what it’s for.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..scenes from the weekend 4.28.14

7 Jess @ dearhealthyness April 28, 2014 at 8:58 am

Sounds like some fun stuff is coming our way… and yummy food :p looking forward to read all about it
Jess @ dearhealthyness recently posted..Wait… What do you eat?

8 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty April 28, 2014 at 8:58 am

Such an awesome experience and opportunity! I can’t wait to read more about it when you’re able to reveal the secrets! I loved how well they fed you! So important!
Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..Healthy Snacking with Blue Diamond

9 Jenn@Mark My Miles! April 28, 2014 at 9:35 am

What an exciting trip! Can’t wait to hear more about it. Glad you got to spend some time with family before the work week began too!
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..Life Lately

10 Britt@MyOwnBalance April 28, 2014 at 9:37 am

Looks like so much fun! I’m excited to hear more about the details!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Breakfast on the Run

11 Shel@PeachyPalate April 28, 2014 at 9:50 am

Exciting trip!!! I used to always do my workouts when at home in my bare feet! Not a good idea when using weights though!

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 28, 2014 at 9:54 am

Looks super fun! I can’t wait to hear more!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Weekend Soundtrack

13 Ali April 28, 2014 at 10:11 am

That’s so cool!!

14 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries April 28, 2014 at 10:14 am

Sounds like an awesome whirlwind of a trip! Looking forward to watching the videos and hearing more about it! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Embrace Those Rest Days

15 Anne @fANNEtasticfood April 28, 2014 at 10:30 am

It was SO fun getting to spend Thursday/Friday with you for our NYC adventure!! Hope to see you again sooner than later this time. :) xo

p.s. I want another of those wraps! Mmmmm
Anne @fANNEtasticfood recently posted..For Everyone Who Thinks It’s Too Late To Get Healthy

16 Allison April 28, 2014 at 11:26 am

Is Anne standing on a box or something in that last picture of you two. I was under the impression that you were tall and I have seen her and she is relatively short….

17 Anne @fANNEtasticfood April 28, 2014 at 11:41 am

No box, just some relatively high wedge heels. :)
Anne @fANNEtasticfood recently posted..NYC Video Shoot Adventures

18 Courtney April 28, 2014 at 11:41 am

Haha, she was in high wedges…I was in flats :)

19 Nancy April 28, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Isn’t it funny having a king sized bed all to yourself? I went to a blogger conference, solo back in the fall and I had a massive bed all to myself. I almost got lost in it! Could’ve slept sideways and I totally would’nt have known. Hahahaha.

Love the “Study Up!” note in your hotel room with the magazine, funny!

The URL of Felix’s website cracks me up: Shut up and wear it, lol

Hope you had an awesome time at the video shoot – I was kinda stalking your twitter + hashtags for more fun pics. Found some. Uh hashtag creeper.

20 Kim @FITsique April 28, 2014 at 1:24 pm

So Cool! I can already tell you look like a natural! I think that would be fun to do something like that, but I would be so nervous!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..How To Start, And Stick To A Fitness Program

21 Polly @ Tasty Food Project April 28, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Looks like you had such a fun and exciting time on your trip! I can’t wait to hear more about it! That sushi also looks incredibly delicious!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Cambodian Sour Chicken Soup

22 ellie @ fit for the soul April 28, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Ohhhh sounds like a fun time, and please do give us the details soon. :D
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Liebster Award Q&A

23 Annette@FitnessPerks April 28, 2014 at 3:13 pm

That sounds like such a fun trip! Way to rock the video shoot! Can’t wait to see/hear details :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Thoughts from the Weekend

24 Eryn @ BlondMindedBrunette April 28, 2014 at 4:01 pm

How much fun! So cool that you get asked to be involved in such fun projects! Love hearing all about them. I’ve been following your blog for years and It’s been fun to see how it’s progressed and grown. Plus now your like a celebrity and everything! ;)
Eryn @ BlondMindedBrunette recently posted..Weekend Recap 4/28/14

25 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 28, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Wow looks like such an awesome opportunity! Look forward to hearing more about it :) You look awesome!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Do Something You’ve Never Done

26 Marielle April 28, 2014 at 5:53 pm

This is so cool, I can’t wait to hear more details about everything….sounds amazing!
Marielle recently posted..Pretty Things

27 Leigha @ Minougirl April 28, 2014 at 6:52 pm

This sounds like SO much fun! It’s always been a dream of mine to be featured in a magazine :)
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Happy Happy Girl

28 Cheri @ Overactive Blogger April 28, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Omg you forgot your sneakers?! That would kill me!
Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Rude Cows

29 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life April 28, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Can’t wait to see the videos! Where was that chicken kebab from? It looks amazing!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..How to Become a Morning Person #MorningWin

30 Runner Girl Eats April 29, 2014 at 6:23 am

Looks like a great time! Such a celeb ;)
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Under fire

31 Megan April 29, 2014 at 9:04 am

Cant wait for more details, you and Anne are two of my favorites!

32 sabrina April 29, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Congratulations, Courtney.

You looked gorgeous and I can’t wait to see the videos!
sabrina recently posted..Ali’s 1st Birthday Party at Nest Philly

33 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit April 29, 2014 at 4:03 pm

So excited to hear all the details about these videos!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..1888 Dirtiest Martini Mix Review & GIVEAWAY

34 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen April 30, 2014 at 4:42 am

So so so fun!!! What a year for you! Lands End and now this…I love it!! Congrats :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..{Video} Q & A: PB2 vs Peanut Butter, Water Intake, Carbs, and Fueling Evening Workouts