Fun Facts Friday {5/30}

by Courtney on May 30, 2014

1. The Baby Tooth page was updated yesterday with Lucas’s 10 month update. I still cannot believe we’re into double digits.

2. One month from now, we’ll be at the beach! Jay, Lucas, and I will be meeting up with my parents down in Wildwood, NJ for a few days of sun and sand (and most likely handfuls of sand straight to the mouth for the babe). But more importantly, you know what else that means? The Seashell, baby!

3. I’m probably more excited than I should be about the show Mistresses coming back on Monday. I can’t help it, I just really like that show. Sleaziness and all.

4. So I declared last night a margarita night. Specifically, Skinnygirl Sparking Margaritas.

Skinnygirl Sparking MargaritasSkinnygirl Sparking Margaritas

I was sent a couple bottles to try out, so Jay and I tested the sparkling margaritas. We were both pleasantly surprised and I would most definitely buy these with my own money. So good!

5. You know what’s totally delicious and ridiculously cheap? Vanilla cones off the dollar menu at McDonald’s.

mcdonald's vanilla cone

Totally made my afternoon yesterday.

6. Every. single. week. I come up with at least three things that I say I know I want to include in this post. And every. single. week. when I sit down to write it, I forget them all. Go figure.

7. One of the dinners I’ve been making Lucas a lot lately is a “baby omelet” made with an egg yolk and some shredded cheese. As someone who doesn’t like to waste any parts of an egg, I’ve been eating some extra egg whites these days. Definitely not complaining.

eggs

8. I recently added a new “Sponsors” page to the blog! For those who may be interested in purchasing some ad space on STSL, be sure to check out the details. There’s ad options for everyone, and some would be perfect for anyone trying to get a little extra promotion for maybe an Etsy shop or start up boutique. Of course, anyone can always email me with any questions!

9. Last night’s dinner was insanely messy but super delish. Flank steak tacos, baby.

flank steak tacos

And I didn’t even have to lift a finger to make ‘em, making them 100x better. Thanks, Jay!

1 Tiff May 30, 2014 at 6:21 am

Can you tell Jay to make extra next time? I’m coming for dinner, especially if it’s another margarita night!
Tiff recently posted..It Has Been Decided

2 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine May 30, 2014 at 6:27 am

Wildwood! One of my most favorite places! It is the perfect part of our Jersey Shore. We go down every year :)

3 Lauren May 30, 2014 at 7:07 am

I forget what I’m going to include in my Friday posts ALL OF THE TIME. Geesh, I need to start writing them down. :)

Have a good weekend lady!

4 Brynn May 30, 2014 at 7:47 am

The dollar ice cream cones at McDonalds are a hidden gem! My husband and I have been eating them for years. I swear, the ice cream is WAY better than other ice cream shops, and who can beat $1?!
Brynn recently posted..First Trimester Favorites

5 Courtney May 30, 2014 at 11:27 am

Right?!? I was just telling Jay yesterday how GOOOD it was!

6 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork May 30, 2014 at 7:47 am

There was a McD’s near where I used to work and it was so nice to get a quick dish of ice cream on those insanely hot days when all you want to eat is something wicked cold. Such a great deal!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Mixing It Up

7 Linz @ Itz Linz May 30, 2014 at 7:57 am

how about the hot fudge sundaes from mcdonalds? we’re huge fans of those!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Currently

8 Courtney May 30, 2014 at 11:26 am

I’m more of a caramel gal ;)

9 Suzanne @ Mrs Mix It May 30, 2014 at 8:00 am

I am putting the Skinny Girl Sparkling Margarita on my list of “things to consume after baby is born!” Yum!!

I love McDonalds ice cream cones and if I remember correctly they aren’t too hard on the diet either. Now, you have me craving one!!
Suzanne @ Mrs Mix It recently posted..I’ve Been Keeping a Secret

10 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun May 30, 2014 at 8:35 am

Every night is better with Margaritas! I have never tried the Skinny Girl ones but they look delicious!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..5 Things That Helped Our Relationship Survive Through Medical School

11 Stacey M. May 30, 2014 at 9:15 am

I totally understand how you feel about forgetting things … I swear, the older and busier I get, the less likely I am to remember ANYTHING. I have to write it down when I think of it or it disappears almost immediately.

I really need to get some soft-serve soon. It’s almost June and I haven’t had a cone yet. Well, I did have a waffle cone of (hard) mint chip ice cream while visiting Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco earlier this month. While it was absolutely delicious, it certainly wasn’t my standard vanilla soft-serve with chocolate sprinkles, lol.

12 Courtney May 30, 2014 at 11:25 am

Mmmmmm that cone sounds yummy!! But yes, you need some soft serve ASAP! ;)

13 Ali May 30, 2014 at 9:30 am

I love the skinny girl cocktails! I just saw that they make wine now and got some the other day.

14 Courtney May 30, 2014 at 11:26 am

Wine?!? Is it delicious???

15 Britt@MyOwnBalance May 30, 2014 at 9:57 am

I LOVE Skinnygirl cocktails! I haven’t tried their sparkling margarita yet but I do love their peach margaritas!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Food & Fitness

16 Jess @dearhealthyness May 30, 2014 at 10:07 am

Forgetting about things? I do that like is nobody’s business :P
btw: you should share Jay’s cooking tips :D Have a nice weekend!
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..Friday Favorites: The Mix Edition

17 Jess May 30, 2014 at 10:29 am

Just curious – are egg yolks better for baby? why not whole egg?

18 Courtney May 30, 2014 at 11:24 am

They say to avoid the whites for the first year for babies (due to potential allergic reactions, I believe)

19 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 30, 2014 at 10:33 am

Flank steak tacos?! YUM! Good job, Jay!

Hunter LOVES eggs. I’ve been doing a lot of egg scrambles cooked in coconut or olive oil and then throwing in some chopped spinach too. He typically doesn’t eat many veggies on their own, so it’s a great way to sneak ‘em in!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Friday Favorites: 5/30/14

20 Bre & Ree May 30, 2014 at 10:35 am

Combine the margaritas with those tacos and you’ve made my night! Looks delish. Have a great weekend!
~Bre
Bre & Ree recently posted..hair tutorial: pretty side braid into bun

21 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 30, 2014 at 10:39 am

Yay for the beach!! I haven’t been to Wildwood in sometime, but we try to get to Ocean City, NJ every year! It’s not far from home and it’s SO nice there! We need to plan a trip asap!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Drool Worthy Pins #10

22 Sarah May 30, 2014 at 11:43 am

LOVED Mistresses last summer. Cannot wait!

23 Presley @ Run Pretty May 30, 2014 at 12:25 pm

My favorite fast food ice creams are those cones and Chick fil A ice dream. OH MY. I’m about to embark on a long, solo road trip today, so I’ll probably end up getting both. ;)
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

24 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 30, 2014 at 1:15 pm

…and now I need some ice cream! I haven’t had a cone from McD’s in forever. I always liked McFlurries…
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 05/30/14.

25 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 30, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Ice cream cones from McDonald’s are the perfect treat! They are cheap, tasty, and all-together not horrible for you. It’s a win-win!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Friday Foodie Favorites: May 30, 2014 + Cauliflower Rice Pad Thai (Vegan)

26 Shel@PeachyPalate May 30, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I want those tacos!!! Does Lucas not like the egg white in the omelet???

27 Courtney May 30, 2014 at 2:41 pm

It’s advised to hold off on whites due to allergies so we’re waiting until after the first year to introduce those

28 Polly @ Tasty Food Project May 30, 2014 at 2:30 pm

That flank steak taco looks amazing!! That is definitely something I would like!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Friday Favorites! Edition 7

29 ellie @ fit for the soul May 30, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Hehe I normally end up eating some of Selah’s food as well. :P Does Lucas actually grab it and tear the food by himself?
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Soba with Creamy Tangerine Honey Dressing

30 Courtney May 30, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Oh no, I cut it up for him :)

31 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit May 30, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Mmm I love mexican food. Mexican food made by the boy….even better!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..How The Week Went Down

32 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely May 30, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Mmm..Micky D’s ice cream is seriously delicious- and for only a dollar! Another fave? Chick-Fil-A’s Ice Dream. So good!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Friday Favorites {5/30/14}

33 LauraMae May 30, 2014 at 9:56 pm

I love the wooden look plate!! I haven’t had MCD’s ice cream in years…I need to go back!