WIAW: Some Good, Some Lame

by Courtney on June 18, 2014

Well last night was our last “officially” scheduled softball game for the season, which kinda blows my mind…seeing as we’re usually at least halfway rained out at this point. We still have, I believe, three more rainout games to make up, but from the sounds of it, we probably won’t be playing for another couple of weeks (aka, we’ll still probably be playing through September like we usually do!).

Since last night’s game was finally an earlier one, little man was able to come down and join us. He snacked on his peanut butter sandwich while cheering on mommy and daddy…

IMG_6868IMG_6870

AKA, he sat there really only amused while he was eating and then he really just wanted to walk around. Good thing mama packed him some sneakers and gram was able to keep him occupied. Winking smile

So here we are, it’s Wednesday!

As per the usual, we’re checking out all of Monday’s eats…some of which you’ve already seen.

Breakfast

A Greek yogurt + blueberries + Kashi Go Lean Crisp + iced coffee

breakfast

I was liking this breakfast for little while, but I think I need to go back to having something a little heartier. I mean, it actually does keep me full for a while, but I’m missing my carbs + peanut butter.

No mid-morning snack on Monday. Surprisingly enough, I wasn’t that hungry for it.

Lunch

Knowing I’d be having more snacks later, I kept lunch light with half of a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with carrots, celery, and hummus on the side.

lunch

Snacks

Shortly after that, it was our June birthday celebration at work, so I was lucky enough to eat one of these absolutely amaaaaazing cupcakes.

vanilla cupcakes

Seriously, they’re my absolute favorite (for the locals, they’re from Piece of Cake in East Greenbush – also the place I got my 30th birthday cake and work baby shower cupcakes from!).

Then a couple of hours later while at Whole Foods, you guys already know I was snackin’ on some pizza and green juice.

whole foods pizzawhole foods green juice

They. Were. Awesome.

Dinner

Super lame. I didn’t get home until about 7:15pm because I was out taking a yoga class(I’ll fill ya in soon!) and then I had to put Lucas to bed. So by the time that was all said and done, it was about 8pm. I wound up eating some leftover macaroni salad from Sunday from right out of the container and pulled pork from who-only-knows-when in the fridge.

Dessert

And about a half hour later, it was dessert (#2) time.

trifle

Some more leftover trifle from Sunday (which is now sadly gone). Probably a good thing, but still a bummer.

Well there ya have it, my friends. And now, I’m off! Happy Wednesday! Smile

1 Kim @FITsique.net June 18, 2014 at 6:49 am

Those cupcakes look so pretty and I am sure they taste AMAZING. yum! Two desserts a day?! You’ve got this living thing down right! :)
Kim @FITsique.net recently posted..10 Superfoods You Should Start Eating Today

2 Lauren June 18, 2014 at 7:12 am

That trifle looks amazing!! And glad to hear the WF opening went well! Sometimes I wonder if I’d be better off w/o a Whole Food’s near me, just for the mere fact that I would save a lot more. :)

3 Miss Polkadot June 18, 2014 at 7:25 am

The combination of green juice and pizza made me smile. Maybe that’s the one way you could convince me to jump on the green smoothie train, too. With a side of carbs and cheese.
Wait for it, one day Lucas will actually cheer on you playing – or join the game right away because sitting on the sidelines gets too boring. (:
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Like it? Then you should have put a spin on it.

4 Brynn June 18, 2014 at 7:29 am

Half a turkey sandwich and veggies with hummus is one of my favorite lunches. I thought I was the only one! I love the pictures of Lucas at the softball game. He’s so cute.
Brynn recently posted..WIAW: Healthy Pizza Party

5 Leigha @ Minougirl June 18, 2014 at 8:27 am

Oh man, it’s been way too long since I’ve had a turkey sandwich! And the pizza + juice look so yummy!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..To Grandmother’s House We Go

6 Nikki @ grab your kicks June 18, 2014 at 8:36 am

I love greek yogurt + berries for breakfast! That’s one of my staples, but usually it leaves me hungry a few hours later. I always have a midmorning snack too. Those cupcakes look delicious!!
Nikki @ grab your kicks recently posted..Summertime Eats

7 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 18, 2014 at 8:44 am

So I’m usually chocolate or nothing when it comes to cake, but those cupcakes look so amazing!! Almost too pretty to eat….key word being ‘almost’ ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: How I Approach Meals and Snacks.

8 Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse June 18, 2014 at 8:50 am

Those cupcakes looked delicious!
Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse recently posted..The Many Faces of Rosalie

9 Britt@MyOwnBalance June 18, 2014 at 8:52 am

At least you had some leftovers you could have for dinner! If that were me I would be up a creek without a paddle! :)
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..The Best Prenatal Workouts

10 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 18, 2014 at 8:56 am

Gosh, I’m such a cupcake fan and those look fantastic! I love cupcakes so much that I really want do to a cupcake tower for our baby shower as opposed to a regular cake. They’re just so cute and pretty!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #44 – Feeling More Like Myself

11 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 18, 2014 at 9:09 am

Looks like you’re already enjoying your new Whole Foods! I sure wish I had one near me.
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Searchin’ for my lost shaker of salt….

12 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie June 18, 2014 at 9:15 am

You have me so excited for our new Whole Foods! Is it fall yet? I cracked up when I saw that picture of Lucas on Instragram. His face just looks so over it. It’s adorable!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Workout Wednesday: Buns, Guns and Abs

13 Shel@PeachyPalate June 18, 2014 at 9:17 am

Pulled pork..never a lame dinner!!! I’d definitely need more than that for breakfast, I’m digging eggs lately…why not make a large baked omelette/frittata or quiche to do your for a few days running!

14 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 18, 2014 at 10:31 am

Haha, I love the photos of Lucas just chillin’ in his stroller with his feet crossed chowing down on his sandwich. He looks so content! I love it.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Lift Heavy Weights

15 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 18, 2014 at 11:16 am

The fact that Lucas always has his legs crossed is the cutest.thing.ever.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..East Maui: Red Sand Beach and The Seven Sacred Pools

16 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers June 18, 2014 at 1:40 pm

You can send me leftover trifle. ;) I’m actually pretty jealous of the sandwich. I forget how good they are, and them I’m like dangit, why didn’t I do that for lunch today?!?
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Meals & Memes

17 Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl June 18, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Highlight: pizza & green juice– Sounds like a perfect pairing to me!
Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl recently posted..Wedding Recap: Planning a Wedding in Italy

18 Nancy June 18, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Was that sandwich from WF’s? I love a good turkey (deli meat) sandwich.

Excited to hear more about your yoga classes. We’re fitness twins! Lol…
Nancy recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #3

19 Katie G June 18, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Those cupcakes are nearly as lovely as your cutie pie son!
& that trifle looks absolutely incredible..
Glad I’m not the only one who comes home late from a class and stuffs whatever I can find the fridge (just wish I had tat trifle hiding in there) :)
Katie G recently posted..WIAW: ‘Saturdays are for stuffing my face..’

20 Linz @ Itz Linz June 18, 2014 at 5:19 pm

i’m so making that trifle!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Sushi Date at Tani

21 ellie @ fit for the soul June 18, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Yummm everything looks so delicious, especially your juice and cupcakes! Whenever I find a cupcake place (or any bakery for that matter) that I love, I feel like I’ve hit the jackpottttt

22 Shelly June 19, 2014 at 1:27 am

Looks like some yummy food!

23 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely June 19, 2014 at 8:49 am

I’m the queen of eating leftovers from the fridge that are probably way too old. Oh well… ;-) Sounds like a wonderful day of eats!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..TWO New Recipes {WIAW #19}