4th of July Weekend Highlights {7/7}

by Courtney on July 7, 2014

I am so bummed that the weekend is over. It was such a great few days…always sad to see it end! But rather than dwell on the fact that it’s Monday and I’m back to work, I’ll focus on the highlights from the holiday weekend.

For Friday the 4th, we headed to my parents’ house for a little par-tay.

Being that it was Independence Day and all, I even went and ahead and made sure the three of us dressed all patriotic and whatnot. I just couldn’t help myself.

Both with the matchy-matchy dressing and the smothering of kisses.

Mom and dad had no shortage of food, that’s for sure…

IMG_7013IMG_7014

And, of course, there was plenty of dessert…including my favorite cookie cake!

It wasn’t a super sunny day, but it did stay dry, so everyone was able to enjoy themselves outside.

Lucas is already a pro at corn hole.

Fun fact? That window up in the top right corner of the photo below is my childhood bedroom.

Okay, I guess it wasn’t really that fun. But it was a fact. Winking smile

And it is super fun to take selfies with Lucas. Especially when he just wants to grab my face the whole time.

IMG_7023IMG_7024

As always, a great party a la mom and dad!

On Saturday afternoon, we headed up to Saratoga Lake to spend the day with Jay’s side of the family. Talk about a gorgeous day!

I didn’t wind up taking many photos, but we all had a blast, and Lucas even got to go in the lake for the first time.

I’m pretty certain that was the first of many, many swims in the lake for that one.

Sunday also didn’t include too many photos, but Jay and I got a crap ton of work done. Groceries picked up (ordered online again – obsessed!), last items picked up for our bathroom remodel (happening this coming weekend – squeal!), laundry done, lawn mowed, weeds pulled, lunches prepped and packed, and…POOL TIME.

Our new liner was put in last week, we finally got it filled up with the hose on Friday, gave it all of Saturday to get all chlorinated and all that jazz, so by yesterday, we were pool side.

Last time I’d been in the pool, this little guy was still sittin’ tight on the inside. Crazy.

And now, since it’s actually Sunday evening as I’m typing this up, I think Jay and I are about to head out on our back deck and enjoy a nice glass of wine while the babe is sleeping.

Hope you guys had a fab holiday weekend! Anyone do anything fun??

1 Brynn July 7, 2014 at 7:12 am

Looks like a beautiful and fun weekend! I love the family sporting red, white and blue. Too cute! I had a great weekend with my family up north on the water as well! Nothing more Americana than water, fireworks, watermelon and smores.
Brynn recently posted..27 Week Pregnancy Update

2 Leigha @ The Yooper Girl July 7, 2014 at 8:32 am

Oh man, that 4th of July spread… perfect! So jealous that you grew up with and have a pool! I wish!
Leigha @ The Yooper Girl recently posted..Homemade Semolina Pasta

3 Suzanne @ Mrs Mix It July 7, 2014 at 8:34 am

What a great weekend! Your parents always have the best parties. Best parties=lots of good food!!

I love seeing all the pics of cutie pie Lucas! It’s hard to believe he is going on ONE! It seems like I was just following your pregnancy updates and now you have this animated little guy in all your pics!!
Suzanne @ Mrs Mix It recently posted..Weekend Recap: My 4th and a Fishing Trip

4 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun July 7, 2014 at 8:49 am

Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend! :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..A Training Update

5 Linz @ Itz Linz July 7, 2014 at 8:54 am

haha i played corn hole this weekend too and was TERRIBLE!!! every bag stopped short or flew over!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..what you ACTUALLY need in your hospital bag when having a baby

6 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 7, 2014 at 9:01 am

Looks like such a great weekend! I love those fruit pizza cookie cakes too and it’s been way too long since I’ve had one. I need to change that asap! ;)
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..The Best Summer Quinoa Salad

7 Lindsay @ Fit with Farrar July 7, 2014 at 9:06 am

Looks like a great 4th for you and your family! You look so much like your Dad!

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 7, 2014 at 9:15 am

Looks like a great weekend! And it looks like Lucas is going to be a little fish ;-) we had a big multicultural festival here over the weekend, so that was the highlight of the last few days for me.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Scenes From the Weekend: Sunfest.

9 Shel@PeachyPalate July 7, 2014 at 9:24 am

Love going in to a new week having had at least one productive day or even a couple of hours over the weekend!!! Nice mix of chillaxing and getting stuff done! :)

10 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona July 7, 2014 at 9:41 am

The food at your parents’ place looks delicious. I’m glad it didn’t rain so you could enjoy being outside.

11 Chelsea@TableForOne July 7, 2014 at 9:51 am

Looks like a fun-filled weekend for your little family! We were able to enjoy some lake time, BBQ, and firework watching this weekend.
Chelsea@TableForOne recently posted..Black Bean and Corn Salsa + Our July Schedule

12 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 7, 2014 at 10:15 am

I love all of your matching outfits! You guys all have the khaki shorts on and everything – so cute! Glad you guys had what sounds like a fun holiday weekend! We went camping, and it was a blast and exhausting all in one. :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..4th of July Camp Trip

13 haley @ Cupcakes and Sunshine July 7, 2014 at 10:20 am

Y’all are so stinking cute!

14 Britt@MyOwnBalance July 7, 2014 at 10:34 am

Looks like an amazing weekend! Lucas is beyond adorable! I love his festive outfits!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Joyful July

15 Stacie@SimplySouthernStacie July 7, 2014 at 10:42 am

What a fun weekend! I love being able to spend 4th of July with family.
Stacie@SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..4th of July Flashback

16 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves July 7, 2014 at 11:14 am

It was definitely a dreary day on the 4th in NY, but I’m glad you all had fun outside anyway! Love the matchy, patriotic outfits too :)
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Weekend Confessions III

17 Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl July 7, 2014 at 11:34 am

Looks like a fun weekend! Love the festive family outfits:-)
Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl recently posted..Wedding Recap: Exploring Scala and Ravello

18 Karri July 7, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Hi there! I just discovered your blog today! I am a Mama of 3 kiddos from Ohio. I have two questions for ya. One, I was trying to click on your workout & favorites tabs but the advertisement between them & your blog about the weekend is in the way & opens when I try to choose which one I’m trying to view. For example I was trying to click on circuit workout & upper body but the Nutella add at the time kept opening instead. Two, your hair is beautiful! So shiny & healthy. What are your go to products especially for summer & your hair care routine? Thanks so much! :-)

19 Courtney July 7, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Hey Karri! Thanks for checking out the blog! I’m sorry the ad was getting in the way…you should be able to click the X in the top right corner to get rid of it/shrink it though, I believe?

As for my hair (thank you!), I really keep things fairly simple. I rotate my shampoo/conditioner occasionally, and right now I’m using Kenra volumizing. I don’t tend to use too many products, except the occasional root lifter…other than that, I’ll just blow dry (and usually throw it back out of my face). ;)

20 Stacey M. July 7, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Looks like you had a great weekend once again! I must say … your parents house looks like an awfully fun place to hang out! It looks like they’ve gotten their “party skills” mastered.

I also attended a BBQ this past weekend at my fiance’s mother’s house. The weather was absolutely picture perfect (minus the very strong wind on Saturday!) and I loved every minute of hanging out with family, playing with the kiddos and eating of course!

21 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers July 7, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Looks like the fam’ knows how to throw down! :) I’m glad you got some lake and pool time. We brought E to the pool for a little bit, but he only hangs out about 15 minutes or so.
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Scootin’

22 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily July 7, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Looks like a fabulous weekend! Love the matching outfits :)
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Fourth of July

23 Jenny July 7, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Such a beautiful family!! Looks like you had a perfect weekend.
Jenny recently posted..Weekend Recap & What’s for Dinner This Week

24 ellie @ fit for the soul July 7, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Wowww your parents really know how to host a yummilicious party! And Lucas looks like a little adult lounging like that in the pool! <33

25 Laur July 7, 2014 at 8:54 pm

In any way you want to take this, I think you grow more GORGEOUS every day. I have been a LONG time reader and it seems the more at ease you feel with your life and yourself, the more beautiful you have become throughout the years. You’re BEAMING with happiness and it’s contagious every time I come to your blog. <3 ya!

26 Courtney July 9, 2014 at 3:42 pm

That is one of the sweetest comments ever. Thank you so, SO much Laur!! xoxo

27 Taylor July 8, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Such sweet shots! Sounds like a fab weekend!
Taylor recently posted..Endoprhin high

28 Courtney July 9, 2014 at 7:45 pm

This might be a dumb question, but how and where the heck do you order your groceries and then pick them up?! This seems like a genius thing!