4th of July Weekend Highlights {7/7}

I am so bummed that the weekend is over. It was such a great few days…always sad to see it end! But rather than dwell on the fact that it’s Monday and I’m back to work, I’ll focus on the highlights from the holiday weekend.

For Friday the 4th, we headed to my parents’ house for a little par-tay.

Being that it was Independence Day and all, I even went and ahead and made sure the three of us dressed all patriotic and whatnot. I just couldn’t help myself.

Both with the matchy-matchy dressing and the smothering of kisses.

Mom and dad had no shortage of food, that’s for sure…

IMG_7013IMG_7014

And, of course, there was plenty of dessert…including my favorite cookie cake!

It wasn’t a super sunny day, but it did stay dry, so everyone was able to enjoy themselves outside.

Lucas is already a pro at corn hole.

Fun fact? That window up in the top right corner of the photo below is my childhood bedroom.

Okay, I guess it wasn’t really that fun. But it was a fact. Winking smile

And it is super fun to take selfies with Lucas. Especially when he just wants to grab my face the whole time.

IMG_7023IMG_7024

As always, a great party a la mom and dad!

On Saturday afternoon, we headed up to Saratoga Lake to spend the day with Jay’s side of the family. Talk about a gorgeous day!

I didn’t wind up taking many photos, but we all had a blast, and Lucas even got to go in the lake for the first time.

I’m pretty certain that was the first of many, many swims in the lake for that one.

Sunday also didn’t include too many photos, but Jay and I got a crap ton of work done. Groceries picked up (ordered online again – obsessed!), last items picked up for our bathroom remodel (happening this coming weekend – squeal!), laundry done, lawn mowed, weeds pulled, lunches prepped and packed, and…POOL TIME.

Our new liner was put in last week, we finally got it filled up with the hose on Friday, gave it all of Saturday to get all chlorinated and all that jazz, so by yesterday, we were pool side.

Last time I’d been in the pool, this little guy was still sittin’ tight on the inside. Crazy.

And now, since it’s actually Sunday evening as I’m typing this up, I think Jay and I are about to head out on our back deck and enjoy a nice glass of wine while the babe is sleeping.

Hope you guys had a fab holiday weekend! Anyone do anything fun??

Comments

Looks like a beautiful and fun weekend! I love the family sporting red, white and blue. Too cute! I had a great weekend with my family up north on the water as well! Nothing more Americana than water, fireworks, watermelon and smores.
    Brynn recently posted..27 Week Pregnancy Update

What a great weekend! Your parents always have the best parties. Best parties=lots of good food!!

I love seeing all the pics of cutie pie Lucas! It’s hard to believe he is going on ONE! It seems like I was just following your pregnancy updates and now you have this animated little guy in all your pics!!
    Suzanne @ Mrs Mix It recently posted..Weekend Recap: My 4th and a Fishing Trip

3. Karri says

Hi there! I just discovered your blog today! I am a Mama of 3 kiddos from Ohio. I have two questions for ya. One, I was trying to click on your workout & favorites tabs but the advertisement between them & your blog about the weekend is in the way & opens when I try to choose which one I’m trying to view. For example I was trying to click on circuit workout & upper body but the Nutella add at the time kept opening instead. Two, your hair is beautiful! So shiny & healthy. What are your go to products especially for summer & your hair care routine? Thanks so much! :-)

• Courtney says

Hey Karri! Thanks for checking out the blog! I’m sorry the ad was getting in the way…you should be able to click the X in the top right corner to get rid of it/shrink it though, I believe?

As for my hair (thank you!), I really keep things fairly simple. I rotate my shampoo/conditioner occasionally, and right now I’m using Kenra volumizing. I don’t tend to use too many products, except the occasional root lifter…other than that, I’ll just blow dry (and usually throw it back out of my face). 😉

4. Stacey M. says

Looks like you had a great weekend once again! I must say … your parents house looks like an awfully fun place to hang out! It looks like they’ve gotten their “party skills” mastered.

I also attended a BBQ this past weekend at my fiance’s mother’s house. The weather was absolutely picture perfect (minus the very strong wind on Saturday!) and I loved every minute of hanging out with family, playing with the kiddos and eating of course!

In any way you want to take this, I think you grow more GORGEOUS every day. I have been a LONG time reader and it seems the more at ease you feel with your life and yourself, the more beautiful you have become throughout the years. You’re BEAMING with happiness and it’s contagious every time I come to your blog. <3 ya!

6. Courtney says

This might be a dumb question, but how and where the heck do you order your groceries and then pick them up?! This seems like a genius thing!