Fun Facts Friday {7/18}

by Courtney on July 18, 2014

1. Jay and I both took the day off of work yesterday and the highlight of our day was easily bringing Lucas for his first-ever trip to Hoffman’s Playland.

photo 3

For those of you who aren’t from the area, it’s a local amusement park that’s been around since 1952. Jay and I both have very fond memories of going with our families while we were growing up and, sadly, this summer is the last summer they’re going to be open. So even though Lucas was too small to ride a majority of the rides, we still had to make sure he had a chance to experience it.

A nice little ride on the merry-go-round and a spin on the caterpillar.

photo 2photo 3

We had SUCH a great time!

photo 2photo 5

2. Speaking of Lucas…he has a new favorite game.

He sits in front of the two pillows and waits for me to cover him with another. Then he “hides” while I try to find him, and then we play peek while he giggles and laughs the entire time.

For that reason alone, I think it’s now one of my favorite games too.

3. Wednesday night was a night out on the town!

Jay and I headed out to City Beer Hall (which we hadn’t been to since back in 2011?!) where we met up with Brian and Mal.

IMG_7198IMG_7199

The place was packed but we were lucky enough to find a spot at the bar to grab some beers and free pizzas (free pizzas with every pint of beer!).

Since the pizzas are paper thin and certainly not enough to hold my appetite for the evening, we ordered some more food and just so happened to have our table ready as soon as the food was up. Perrrrfect timing.

4. So why were we out on a random Wednesday night, you ask? Well…

It was the Justin Timberlake concert, baby! (remember when we got our tickets for Christmas?) Jay, myself, and my brother had the tickets, and Brian and Mal also wound up getting tickets but were a couple of sections over from us.

The concert was amazing. Amazing! It had been years since I’d last been to any sort of concert (besides TSO) but I was quickly reminded about just how loud those things get.

Man, did I feel old.

IMG_7209IMG_7218

Has anyone else had a chance to see his show?!?

5. Flurry’s are a wonderful, wonderful creation. Vanilla + Oreos + Heath bars make me one happy girl.

6. If you follow me on Instagram, then you probably already saw me being all super cheesy in the video I posted last night. But in case you missed it…

Be sure to enter the challenge you guys! Just make the smoothie, snap a pic, upload to Instagram with the hashtag #versachallenge. Dooooo itttttt.

7. This weekend, I’m headed to New Hampshire for a bachelorette party weekend for my friend, Eileen! We’ll be beachin’ it up and heading out on the town, so I’m sure it’s gonna be a blast. Hopefully this mama can channel her inner party girl and manage to stay up past midnight for a change.

8. Have you checked out my Jamberry Nails party? Seriously, the nails are awesome – be sure to take a look!

9. Our bathroom remodel is slowly but surely coming along…it’s finally starting to look a bit like a bathroom again.

IMG_7105IMG_7232

10. These facts were long today, whew! Time to jet…hope you guys have a fab Friday and a wonderful weekend! Smile

1 Linz @ Itz Linz July 18, 2014 at 6:30 am

that’s adorable that lucas already went to his first amusement park! great photos! have a fabulous weekend! :) :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..William’s babysitters

2 Brynn July 18, 2014 at 6:39 am

Lucas playing hide and seek is so cute! It looks like you’ve had one amazing week! I can’t even tell you how jealous I am that you saw JT! I went a few years ago when he first went solo. I can’t wait to go again, he’s and awesome performer!
Brynn recently posted..Sunkissed Summer Tag

3 TheBloggersBrother July 18, 2014 at 7:05 am

Hey I actually took a good picture!

4 Sejal m July 18, 2014 at 7:16 am

We’re going to see JT next week. I’m sure that I’m going to feel old lol

5 Stacey M. July 18, 2014 at 7:50 am

Wow, looks like you and Jay had a very fun week! Isn’t summer the best? There’s just so much to do and so much fun to be had. And now I’m getting sad that it’s already the middle of July …

Your bathroom is coming along well. I really like the tile and the new vanity you’ve got in there. I can’t wait to see the finished product! We have two bathrooms in our house that I would absolutely LOVE to redo, but since we’re currently saving for our wedding (next year!) any and all remodels will have to wait. I love checking out what other people do in their homes though – it gives me great ideas!

FYI – You look absolutely beautiful and so completely happy these days. So happy for you!

6 Kim @FITsique July 18, 2014 at 8:21 am

Love that you took a day off during the week to have a family day! So sweet. The bathroom is looking great I really love that tile! Have a great weekend!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Healthy Fats and Even More Superfoods!

7 Caitlin July 18, 2014 at 8:22 am

I saw Jt a few years ago and when I say few I mean it might have been his first solo album. He was great and I really enjoyed his stage presence and entertainment. He is defiantly an entertainer.

8 Beks July 18, 2014 at 8:25 am

That’s so sad about the amusement park! We had one when I was little in Omaha called Peony Park. It had the first roller coaster I’d ever ridden. Now it’s a HyVee (Grocery Store). Now we have to go to Des Moines or Kansas City for an amusement park.

9 Stacie@SimplySouthernStacie July 18, 2014 at 8:28 am

I would not even know how to contain myself during a JT concert. I wanted to get tickets so badly, but he’s a popular guy and sells out so fast!
Stacie@SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Friday Faves: I Need Your Advice

10 Megan July 18, 2014 at 8:35 am

A Justin Timberlake concert?! I am extremely jealous. It looked like you had such a fun week!
Megan recently posted..H2O Gallon Challenge & Treadmill Workout

11 Monica @ Baby Steps & Mommy Moves July 18, 2014 at 8:50 am

Wow! Your bathroom already looks so nice! I can’t wait to see the finished product!

12 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian July 18, 2014 at 8:59 am

I am so sad that Hoffman’s is closing after this year! I have many memories of Summer afternoons spent riding the rides and feeding the animals. I even remember their commercial from the 90’s! But glad that the owners will enjoy a nice retirement.
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..Chicago Marathon Training Week 4

13 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun July 18, 2014 at 9:05 am

Looks like you all had a wonderful day! So glad you enjoyed it!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..5 Things I’m Excited for During Marathon Training

14 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire July 18, 2014 at 9:09 am

Oh my goshhhhh, Lucas is THE cutest thing! I love the picture of the three of you – you can really see so much of you and Jay in Lucas! Have fun this weekend! :)
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Workouts & Sushi

15 Donna July 18, 2014 at 9:50 am

What beach in NH are you heading to? We are in Salisbury Beach every weekend, on our way now. It’s next to Seabrook and Hampton.

16 Nicole July 18, 2014 at 10:36 am

Sounds like you’ve had quite the fun week!! :)

Love the new flooring in the bathroom. I need a “refresh” of my bathrooms at home….just trying to figure out an inexpensive way to do it!

17 Julie July 18, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Going to visit my sister in Albany in August…that park looks like fun! We are going to go to the Adirondack Zoo and maybe a water park! Any recommendations for places to go with a toddler in tow? Thanks! :)

18 Polly @ Tasty Food Project July 18, 2014 at 1:36 pm

That’s so cute how Lucas likes to hide! How adorable!

The JT concert looked so much fun! It’s been a long time since I’ve been to a concert!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Friday Favorites: Scenes From Seattle + Pineapple Mint Smoothie

19 Amanda @ A Latte Learn July 18, 2014 at 2:32 pm

You have the best sounding restaurants around you! Your posts about them always make me hungry!
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..Paris Day 3: Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Musée d’Orsay, Musée du Louvre

20 ellie @ fit for the soul July 18, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Niiiiice, what a fun week indeed! I’m not necessarily into JT, but I have to admit that any concert as a new mom is really cool! :) And it is tooooo adorable to see Lucas behind those pillows, and his pouting in the photo with Jay kills me. <33

21 Shel@PeachyPalate July 18, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Bathroom is looking great!!! Have a great weekend, can’t wait to hear all about it! Oh n his new game…could he possibly be any cuter!? :)

22 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely July 18, 2014 at 6:52 pm

The bathroom remodel looks great! Can’t wait to see the finished product! How special you were able to take Lucas somewhere that you both have such fun memories. Even though he won’t remember it, at least you have pictures, right?! And I’m incredibly jealous that you got to see JT!!! How fun! He’s such a performer, I’m sure it was great!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Favorites of Summer 2014

23 Julie @ my sweet & healthy life July 18, 2014 at 7:54 pm

How cool that both you and Jay were off yesterday! And that restaurant looks right up my alley! Too bad I don’t live closer! Have so much fun this weekend :)

24 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples July 20, 2014 at 8:58 am

Free pizza w/a pint of beer?! Yes please!! lol
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..DIY Zen: Shabby Chic Decorating Ideas

25 Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl July 20, 2014 at 1:34 pm

I love it when my husband & I both have the day off! Looks like you guys had a blast at the JT concert:)
Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl recently posted..Mediterranean Salad with Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette

26 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers July 21, 2014 at 8:59 am

Pizza n’ beer – why wasn’t I invited? ;) Looks like a great weekend. I’m going to have to try that game with E.
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..MIMM

27 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine July 21, 2014 at 9:00 am

what a fun weekend! lucas is such a cutie pie!

28 Mindy July 21, 2014 at 9:59 am

Hi Courtney! I’ve been reading your blog for years, and love following your journey. Mid week concert sounds awesome!! Just curious, what kind of work do you do? Happy Monday!

29 Courtney July 21, 2014 at 10:12 am

Hi Mindy, thanks for reading! I work in the client services department for a local corporation :)

30 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily July 21, 2014 at 3:17 pm

The bathroom looks great! We are in the middle of renovating our house, can’t wait until it’s done!
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Body After Baby {Weigh In}

31 Mary July 24, 2014 at 8:25 am

I worked at Hoffman’s in 1991! Yes I am old, but I still read your blog! I made $4.25 an hour. I am sad that it is closing. It makes Latham special. Now it’s gonna be more like Clifton Park….:p

32 Courtney July 24, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Oh my gosh, how cool is that!! Haha, and thanks so much for reading the blog – whatever your age may be! :)