Fun Facts Friday {8/1}

by Courtney on August 1, 2014

1. Today, my husband officially turns old again for the next six months. Happy Birthday, Jay!

Super old school photo, but one of my favorites!

Jay and I are almost exactly six months apart in age, so I like to really bust his chops for these next six months and call him an old man.

2. Today is not only Jay’s birthday…it’s also Cody’s, too!

Pic from his birthday a couple of years ago, hehe

Happy Birthday, Codeman!

3. For the first time in what seems like forever, I put on my baking hat last night and whipped up a batch of Neapolitan Cupcakes with Ice Cream Frosting for Jay to bring to work today.

photo 4

His co-workers have been asking for cupcakes for months, so I figured his birthday was a good enough excuse. ;)

4. It’s not very often I can say I have a “favorite” song, but right now I am absolutely LOVING the song “Rude” by MAGIC!. It just always manages to get me bopping my head and singing along while I’m in the car.

5. We ordered our absolute favorite sushi last night for dinner.

photo 2

Unfortunately, I think Lucas was a little peeved that we didn’t order any for him.

photo 3

Sorry, bud. Some day!

6. I love salads the size of my face. I also love beer. And garlic bread with all sorts of garlic butter.

photo 1

How’s that for balance?

7. I got a fun package in the mail this week from my friends at Cascadian Farms, including their new Protein granola.

photo (4)

So far I’ve only tried the Apple Crisp flavor but it tastes great…plus, I’m always up for a little extra protein. Thanks, guys!

8. Somebody in the Horan household got a new whip recently, and I’ll give you a hint. It’s not me or Jay…

photo (3)

Check out that bad boy! Lucas got it for his birthday from his grandma and papa and he’s been in love with the beeping horn it comes with. So funny.

9. I’ve got some winners to announce for the FitFusion subscription giveaway! Congrats to the following winners:

(4) 1-Month Subscription Winners:

• Entry #37: Katherine: I would love to try this! I’m getting bored with all of my Youtube videos.
  • Entry #230: Ann Florio: Always looking for new workout ideas!!
  • Entry #20: Makenna: This sounds great! I’m getting ready to move, and know that I do not have it in my budget to find a gym, so I always do my workouts at home!
  • Entry #94: Lori M: I’m a busy mom of three and a school library media specialist. In the summers, I do a great job of getting to the gym and taking all sorts of classes–I love variety! But as soon as I head back to work (this Friday), the drive to the gym comes to a complete halt. I would love FitFusion!

(1) Year Long Subscription Winner:

• Entry #139: Rachel: I’m a recent college grad and searching for a job. Since my living situation is temporary, I can’t commit to a gym membership. This would be the perfect solution to allow me to stay active!

Congrats to ALL of the winners! Please email me at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so I can get you hooked up with your new subscriptions!

10. That’s all I’ve got for today, my friends! We’ve got a fun weekend ahead, which I’m totally looking forward to, so I’m sure I’ll have some recaps for ya on Monday. Have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend!!

1 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } August 1, 2014 at 10:45 am

Happy Birthday Jay & Cody!

2 Renee August 1, 2014 at 10:55 am

Happy birthdays! And sweet new whip my boys would have loved something like that! All they had was the big red car!
Renee recently posted..Fitness Friday with Kushyfoot

3 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie August 1, 2014 at 10:55 am

Happy birthday to Jay and Cody! That’s double the cupcakes right? ; )

Have a great weekend!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..PRO Compression Sock Review and Discount Code

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 1, 2014 at 11:17 am

Happy birthday to Jay and Cody! Now I’m wishing I worked in the same place as he does…I could use one of those cupcakes ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 08/01/14.

5 Brynn August 1, 2014 at 11:30 am

I was just thinking the other day how you used to make the most amazing looking cupcakes. Lucky Jay! Hope your house has fun celebrating!
Brynn recently posted..We’re Like Peas and Carrots

6 Stacey M. August 1, 2014 at 11:31 am

Happy Birthday boys! Hope you all have a great weekend … looks like Lucas will have fun cruisin’ around in his new rig! :)

7 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine August 1, 2014 at 11:47 am

loving Lucas’ new ride! too funny. happy birthday jay and cody!

8 Amanda @ A Latte Learn August 1, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Those cupcakes are one of my favorite recipes of yours! I’ve made them for my coworkers and got rave reviews!
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..We Made it to Deutschland: Cologne & Heidelberg

9 Sara Turner August 1, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Happy Birthday Jay! Hope you all have a great weekend :)
Sara Turner recently posted..What I’m Loving This Week

10 Britt@MyOwnBalance August 1, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Apple crisp granola sounds amazing! I’ll have to get some of that! You and Jay are so cute!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Friday’s Food & Fitness: Food Mishmash + cheerFIT

11 ellie @ fit for the soul August 1, 2014 at 1:32 pm

My husband and I were JUST looking at those little cars for 1 year olds! We really went back and forth on the different choices and ended up leaving it so we wouldn’t impulse buy. :P Is that the one that has the bottom that can come on and off? Anyway, yessss to salads that are ginorrrrmous! I’m always like, “huh??” when restaurants bring out a tiny little bowl of salad.

12 Courtney August 1, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Yes, it is! It’s so cute – perfect for now with the bottom in, and then we’ll be able to take it out once he’s a bit older :)

13 Sarah @ Sweet Miles August 1, 2014 at 1:41 pm

That granola looks delicious!! If I don’t make it homemade, I’m always on the hunt for new varieties!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Testing Out Runtastic Orbit and a Speedy 3 Miler

14 Shel@PeachyPalate August 1, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I used to love those cars when I was a kid!!! They are the best…looks like they’ve made them even better! VERY pretty cupcakes! Happy Birthday to Jay!

15 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl August 1, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Lots of happy birthdays to your family!! My boyfriend is 5 years older than me so I ALWAYS give him crap for being “old.” Luckily, he has a great sense of humor! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..16 Vegan Summer Dessert Recipes

16 Linz @ Itz Linz August 1, 2014 at 3:54 pm

My birthday is on the first day of school – I suppose I should whip up some treats to bring in! My hubby’s birthday is 5 days before mine… And 3 years, so he always gets old man status! Haha
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..going back to work

17 Polly @ Tasty Food Project August 1, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Birthdays are always fun and those cupcakes look delicious!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Friday Favorites! Edition 16

18 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 1, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Birthday cupcakes for the win!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..It’s FRIDAY!

19 Jensen Tate August 1, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I made my dad bring one home from work today! I was looking forward to it all day and hands down… Greatest cupcake I have ever had in my life!!!!

20 Courtney August 2, 2014 at 10:11 am

Hahaha, Jensen that made me chuckle out loud. So glad you liked it – and glad your dad saved it for you ;)

21 Kim @Fitsique August 2, 2014 at 7:53 am

Happy Birthday Boys!!!! Little man and that new car are going to be stealing girls hearts in no time!
Kim @Fitsique recently posted..Fit and Healthy Banana Bread

22 Alycia August 2, 2014 at 9:28 am

Yesterday was my birthday also. :) Happy birthday to Jay and Cody!

Lucas is adorable in his new car!

23 Courtney August 2, 2014 at 10:11 am

Happy Birthday, Alycia!!

24 Alycia August 3, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Aww, thank you! I had a great weekend. Hope you all did as well!

25 Megan August 2, 2014 at 10:03 am

Happy belated birthdays! Those cupcakes look amazing!!!
Megan recently posted..Bacon Caesar Pasta Salad

26 Jaime August 2, 2014 at 10:03 am

“Rude” is seriously one of my jams right now. I can listen to that song on endless repeat. Love!

27 Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl August 2, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Happy birthday to Jay & Cody!
Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl recently posted..Wedding Recap: The Ceremony

28 Ashley @ Sweet Carolina Belle August 3, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Lucas’s car is something else! They have really upgraded those things since I was little. Hope y’all have a fabulous weekend celebrating all the birthdays!
Ashley @ Sweet Carolina Belle recently posted..Friday Five

29 Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness August 3, 2014 at 9:01 pm

That’s funny about you calling your hubby an old man for 6 months, because my hubby and I have a similar situation. He’s a year and a week older than me, and this happens to be the week when he’s 2 years older, so he’s making all these comments about me being so young and how much “older and wiser” he is! Haha.

I love Cascadian Farms and their granola!! So yummy.
Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted..Awesomeness in August

30 Jolynn August 4, 2014 at 10:53 am

I can’t get over how well he wears those sunglasses! So jealous!
Jolynn recently posted..Ultimate Athlete Challenge {recap}