The (Almost) Finished Bathroom Remodel!

by Courtney on August 14, 2014

Well guys, I’m off to California today!

My flight is set to leave nice and early at 6:30am this morning, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some smooth travel. If you’ve been reading STSL for a few years now, then you may remember a few different travel fiascos I’ve encountered while traveling for blog related events. Gah…let’s hope THAT doesn’t happen this time!

Yesterday, I got to spend the day working from home which was nice because it let me have some extra time with Lucas before leaving.

IMG_7546He loves playing with his birthday party decorations that have been sitting in our kitchen for about 2-1/2 weeks now…

Cody liked hanging with us, too.

My day also gave me a little more time to do the packing that I always, always put off until the last minute.

I’m the worst. Ten bucks there’s at least two things I forgot.

Another perk of working from home yesterday? Getting right into my PJ’s after showering (couldn’t skip the shower after a double T25 morning!), wearing them all day, and getting to leave my hair in the funky poof that I always do after washing/drying it.

I’m not the only one that does that, right? Gosh, that is such a goofball pic…I should remove it. Not to mention the fact that it’s proof of the mess that is our bedroom at the moment.

One random highlight of my day? These mini Teddy Grahams. I bought them over the weekend thinking they’d be good for Lucas…

But I think Lucas has had about five. The rest have totally gone directly into my belly. Talk about addictinggggg.

******

So I realized last night that I still haven’t showed you guys pics of our bathroom remodel! Honestly, we’re about 95% done, and I had been holding off until we were completely finished…but who really knows when that’s gonna be and I was starting to get antsy.

You may remember what it looked like BEFORE…

White and green tiles were on that wall above.

And then there was the green tub and toilet…

But now, here’s our AFTER!

Talk about a difference, right?!

IMG_7107IMG_7555

We are both absolutely in LOVE with the remodel and I’m so impressed with all of Jay’s handy work (he did the majority of it and had a friend help with the tub a little bit).

Bathroom Info:

Honestly, I think one of the most thrilling parts is the fact that we finally have a tub that Lucas can take a bath in (our old one had a crap-o drain).

So there’s that! We really just have some trim left to put up around the ceiling and floor, and then I need to find some curtains for the window and maybe a few doodads (is that word still acceptable to use?) to hang on the walls. Other than that, we’re pretty much done!

Alright, I think that’s enough randomness for today. Not sure if I’ll get a chance to pop in at all tomorrow, but we’ll see what the day brings. If not, have a great weekend! Smile

1 Danielle @ It's a Harleyyy Life August 14, 2014 at 6:40 am

the bathroom remodel looks great!

2 Linz @ Itz Linz August 14, 2014 at 7:01 am

Bathroom remodel looks fantastic! And why are little kid snacks so good? I love snacking with my niece & nephew lol luckily for me baby William isn’t there yet!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Blue Diamond Nutty Honey Vanilla Very Berry Oats

3 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie August 14, 2014 at 7:13 am

Your new bathroom looks beautiful! Safe travels to California!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..WIAW: Photo Fails

4 Kim @FITsique August 14, 2014 at 7:37 am

Wow the bathroom looks fantastic! I don’t do any special tricks like that to my hair which is why it probably always inevitably ends pulled back! Maybe I need to try the drying poof thing?!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..What to do When You Don’t Have Time to Exercise

5 Jessica August 14, 2014 at 7:47 am

The bathroom looks AMAZING.. have fun in california!!!

6 Catherine Culligan August 14, 2014 at 8:09 am

Wow – what a difference! It looks great.

7 Beks August 14, 2014 at 8:13 am

Bathroom looks awesome! Also, so great to see Cody again! We rarely see him anymore (I love orange tabby kitties! <3). Are he and Lucas best friends yet?
Beks recently posted..Photos from Moving Weekend

8 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections August 14, 2014 at 8:27 am

WOW! What an amazing remodel! I love the white wainscotting! I’ve always wanted a bathroom with the walls like that. The new tub looks great too – definitely beats the teal one!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Track Workout for Beginners

9 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 14, 2014 at 8:28 am

It looks so great! I love the lights above the mirror, it looks so fancy. Have fun in California and fingers crossed that didn’t have any travel issues!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..8 Tips for Navigating Grad School.

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 14, 2014 at 8:32 am

Wow! The bathroom looks great! Awesome job, guys!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Tough Decision

11 Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes August 14, 2014 at 8:33 am

Love the bathroom! And the poof hair lol
Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes recently posted..“Chicken Parm” Stuffed Summer Squash

12 Monica August 14, 2014 at 8:36 am

Wow! Your bathroom remodel looks amazing! I love it! It looks like you lost a lot of storage, though… where do you keep your “stuff”?

13 Chrissy @ Pink Polish and Running Shoes August 14, 2014 at 8:43 am

That bathroom remodel looks amazing! I’m so impressed Jay did that himself.

14 Brynn August 14, 2014 at 8:44 am

It cracks me up when kids play with the most simple of toys over things we buy them at the store. And your bathroom is beautiful! !
Brynn recently posted..25 Things You Don’t Know About Me

15 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige August 14, 2014 at 9:01 am

Wow! The remodel looks so good! I’m always so impressed when my hubby turns around something super handy. He works in IT, but built me a closet in our last house! Super impressed – and a little sexy ;) haha
Have fun in California, Courtney!
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Body Weight HIIT Workout

16 Shel@PeachyPalate August 14, 2014 at 9:06 am

Snazzy!!! Nope I’m all for hair on top of my head and PJs!

17 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 14, 2014 at 9:08 am

Wow, the bathroom remodel looks fantastic! What a huge improvement! Safe travels! :-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..My Favorite Prenatal Workouts

18 Kari @ Kari On August 14, 2014 at 9:23 am

The bathroom looks fantastic! And yes, doodads is definitely still an acceptable word to use, I say it all the time :)
Kari @ Kari On recently posted..Pictures of Where I Live

19 char eats greens August 14, 2014 at 9:38 am

Safe flight!! And, the bathroom looks absolutely amazing!! I love it!! I’m sure Lucas is loving that tub too!
char eats greens recently posted..tips of the week

20 Gracie August 14, 2014 at 9:50 am

love it! i especially love the dark blue (gray) against the white wood work
Gracie recently posted..snapshots | 8.14.14.

21 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona August 14, 2014 at 10:13 am

Your bathroom looks great. I would have thought professionals did it, not your husband (then again, maybe he is a professional).

I hope you have a good flight.
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..How the Garden is Doing

22 cait @pieceofcait August 14, 2014 at 10:31 am

the remodel looks awesome!!! love the gray walls!

23 Sara Tower August 14, 2014 at 10:33 am

The bathroom remodel looks great! Where did you get your shower curtain?

24 Kristin Q. August 14, 2014 at 10:40 am

The bathroom remodel looks amazing!

25 Jacquelyn @justjacq August 14, 2014 at 10:46 am

my grandma’s house had that same vanity with the funky cabinets above the sink! Really helpful for storage… not so much for looks. Love your new bathroom!

26 Alaina August 14, 2014 at 10:47 am

Wow, your bathroom looks phenomenal! You need to pin that! ;) As for the poof…poofer here ALL. THE. WAY! I love volume, and us straight haired gals only get it perfect with the post-wash/dry poof!

27 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives August 14, 2014 at 10:49 am

The remodel looks AWESOME!!! Well, worth the wait I’m sure! :-) Have fun in Cali!
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..6 Month Update!!

28 Megan August 14, 2014 at 11:36 am

That looks amazing!

29 clare @ fitting it all in August 14, 2014 at 11:58 am

it looks AMAZING!! way to go Jay!

30 Stacey M. August 14, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Wow! Your bathroom looks like a totally different space now! Major props to the husband for that one. I would love to redo the bathrooms in my house (we have two full baths), but money is going to get tight soon – we’ve set our wedding date for next October (!). I’ll have to keep your updates in mind when we finally get around to remodeling ourselves. Gahhh, I just love the tile and wall color!

I don’t think I’ve ever done the hair “poof” … what is that all about? If it’s a way to get more volume, then please share! I also have long, straight hair and struggle with maintaining volume at the crown and along my hairline.

Safe travels to you today! I can’t wait to hear about all of your experiences in Cali!

31 Erin m. August 14, 2014 at 1:09 pm

The bathroom looks awesome!

32 Nicole August 14, 2014 at 1:21 pm

“Do-Dads” is absolutely acceptable! I say we start using it in regular discussion to bring it back.

Your bathrom is AMAAAAAAZING!! I just had a contractor out at my house two weeks ago to give me a quote on refacing my bathroom cabinets. $3K. :( Doesn’t include any tile work/bath/shower/etc. Is Jay available for hire?? Haha :)

BTW: YAY CODY!!! I’ve missed his furry face on the blog!

33 Allie @ Running on Peanut Butter August 14, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Holy heck the bathroom remodel looks AHHHmazing!!!! LOVE it!!! Those teddy grahams… need! That’s how I am with the vanilla cupcake goldfish, oops. I missed seeing Cody on the blog :)
Allie @ Running on Peanut Butter recently posted..WIAW: A Day in the Life

34 Leigha @ The Yooper Girl August 14, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I absolutely LOVE the bathroom! Definitely Pinterest worthy :) enjoy Cali!!
Leigha @ The Yooper Girl recently posted..Utah Part 2 – University of Utah, Park City, and Bridal Veil Falls

35 Kelsey August 14, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Your bathroom looks amazing!! Yay!!

36 Sarah @ Sweet Miles August 14, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Love it!! Oh my goodness it looks amazing! He did such a good job. And what sweet, sweet memories you’ll make by that tub with little Lucas :)
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Trail Running in Little Rock – Pfeifer Loop

37 Julie August 14, 2014 at 4:42 pm

The bathroom looks FABULOUS!!

38 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen August 14, 2014 at 5:04 pm

The bathroom looks great!

39 Torry @ Working on a Dream August 14, 2014 at 7:48 pm

The bathroom looks amazing – I love the color! Cannot wait to see many more pictures of Lucas in the tub. What a cutie!

Have fun in Cali!
Torry @ Working on a Dream recently posted..Fun Fact Friday (8.8.14)

40 Lisa August 14, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Bathroom looks great! What color paint is that?

41 Courtney August 20, 2014 at 10:39 am

Thanks Lisa! It’s Behr Atlantic Shoreline

42 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment August 14, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Bathroom looks awesome. I totally love your pic in your bedroom. That’s how my hair looks post-shower too. :-)

43 Melissa Hunka August 14, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Wow the bathroom looks amazing!

44 Danica @ It's Progression August 14, 2014 at 10:34 pm

The bathroom looks awesome!!
About the hair poof thing though – I’ve never even heard of that, much less done it myself. Is it to get more volume?!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..5 Ways to Save Money at the Grocery Store (on HEALTHY food)

45 Courtney August 20, 2014 at 10:35 am

Haha, a little to get more volume…mostly to keep it out of my face while doing my makeup :)

46 Katy @ HaveYouHurd? August 15, 2014 at 7:57 am

I love that pic of you in your normal (not messy!) bedroom because I saw it and thought “wow, that is refreshing!”. I love it because it’s exactly like mine :)

The bathroom looks wonderful!
Katy @ HaveYouHurd? recently posted..Cornbread Panzanella Salad

47 Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More August 15, 2014 at 8:13 am

Wow! What an improvement. It looks great! Love the colors.
Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More recently posted..They Find Me Irresistible

48 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers August 15, 2014 at 8:37 am

The bathroom looks fantastic! Love it. :) Have a great trip!!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Friday Five

49 Claudia August 15, 2014 at 9:34 am

So yummy! That appears impressive.
Claudia recently posted..Smoking Barbecue Grill

50 Fiona August 15, 2014 at 9:39 am

We have the same shower curtain!!!! Love love the remodel..making me want to remodel mine now!

51 Linda @ running4two August 15, 2014 at 11:40 am

Have a great trip! The bathroom looks amazing!!
Linda @ running4two recently posted..“What’s that smell?”

52 Allison August 15, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Your bathroom looks amazing! I love it! Did you take style ideas from pinterest? I am about to redo one of my bathrooms and am having a difficult time finding fun decorative pieces within my budget. Have a great weekend! :)
Allison recently posted..Friday!!

53 Courtney August 20, 2014 at 10:34 am

Thank you! Not really, haha, we actually both just had the same visions in mind and went with it! :)

54 Carissa @Fit2Flex August 15, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Your bathroom looks great! You’re so lucky to have a handy man!

Have a great time at IDEA! I’m so bummed I decided not to go. I have to go to Anaheim on the 26th for RunDisney, so I thought 2 back to back trips was too much, but looks there’s so many awesome ladies there! Looking forward to the recaps.
Carissa @Fit2Flex recently posted..Friday 5 Food Finds

55 April @ Simply Sweet Living August 15, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Beautiful remodel! I love it! I’ll have to keep your remodel in mind when we finally buy a house someday if it’s a fixer upper. ;) Great job you guys!

56 Michelle August 15, 2014 at 9:41 pm

I love the bathroom and I want to know more about the post-hair-drying poof! Does it help create volume? If so, I’d love to know the best way to do it – I have straight hair and it’s hard to get it to do anything besides lay flat on my head!

57 Courtney August 20, 2014 at 10:31 am

Well, I think it may help a little temporarily…it’s also nice to just keep it out of my face while doing my makeup :)

58 Heather Brown August 16, 2014 at 8:29 pm

That looks absolutely amazing!! Jay did a great job with all of it. It’s a HUGE different, oh my gosh! It looks like all those flip home shoes from HGTV :)
Heather Brown recently posted..End of Summer Bucket List

59 Alice Lee August 17, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Hello!
God would like me to tell you that he loves you. And that in order to enter into eternity after life on earth you must follow him and live a life that pleases him. Right now your life is filled with your pleasures and your own desires; but you must fill it with Jesus Christ and submit to him. The reason why you feel overwhelmed and scattered sometimes throughout your days is because the spirit of Jesus Christ is not with you. But the spirit of Jesus gives life, peace, and power. We must live our lives in submission to our Lord Jesus Christ and not let this world control us. May God’s will be done in your life! :) If you really want to know if what i’m saying is true, pray tonight and ask God to show you if what i’m saying is true. And he will surely answer you :) Goodbye :)