It’s a little later as I sit down to type up a post tonight, and honestly, I probably should just go to bed. But for whatever reason, I’m just in the mood to write, even though I’m coming on here not really knowing what in the world I feel like chatting about.
So hey there, happy Wednesday to you!
Yesterday was a good day, for it being a Tuesday and all (my least favorite work day of the week). Work was good, we had some fantastic tacos for dinner, and then we even started going through some of Lucas’s baby clothes bins last night in an effort to start feeling a little bit more ready for his little brother on the way.
Boy, I’ll tell ya…it’s a good thing we’re having another boy because we are SET in the clothing department. Like, for real. So many clothes!
And I’ll be honest, I’ve been feeling so much better this past week or so in terms of the crazy emotions and sadness. Much more like myself, and definitely not as unstable as I was feeling a couple of weeks ago. I’ve been making more of an effort to talk with Lucas about the baby and get him excited…and seeing him start to get excited for his little “bruvver” and ask if the baby is kicking mommy just makes me more excited to finally have our growing family all together.
Some days, I legit worry that I’ll never be able to come up with a name that I love for little brother, however. Boy names are hard! We have our short list of top picks (even though my favorite and Jay’s favorite aren’t the same), but I need to remind myself that we also didn’t have Lucas’s name fully picked until he was born either.
Umm, have I mentioned before that I have a little issue with being a tid bit indecisive? No? Well, now ya know.
Let’s see…what else. Well, I’m about to dive face first into this box of donuts that my MIL brought home for us today (I’m lookin at you, Boston Cream!). I swear, I’m going to turn into a freakin’ donut before this pregnancy is over.
But I can tell you that I’ll totally continue to enjoy them for these next 8 weeks. Because what better excuse do you have other than saying, “it’s what the baby wants!” right?
I was also thinking randomly the other day about how I’ve changed since starting this little ol’ blog six years ago now (this still blows my mind…AND I missed my blogiversary…which was Monday!). For whatever reason, I’ve been lucky enough to have so many of you reading for a good majority of this time, so maybe you’ve noticed some of these and maybe you haven’t. But just for fun…
How I’ve Changed (and the Blog Has Changed) Since Starting This Blog 6 Years Ago
- I’m no longer a teacher (former elementary school teacher, for those who may not know), and while I have no regrets about no longer being in the profession, I do still miss the aspects of helping kids and hope to some day incorporate that into my day to day life somehow.
- I’ve become a mom. Obviously.
- I’ve slowly learned my own writing style (as opposed to how I wrote in the beginning, which was very much a replica of whatever other blogs I was reading at that time) and I love it. It truly makes me enjoy what I do here in my little corner of the blog world.
- I’ve become much more comfortable as a woman, even though I still have days where I question the “real” me and or who I truly want to be. Does that sound weird? It’s likely a topic too deep for me to dive into today.
- I’m about 20-25 pounds heavier (when I’m not pregnant) these days and I’m 100% happier.
- I no longer fear food. I enjoy it. Thoroughly. And I don’t overanalyze every single thing that goes into my mouth.
- I eat a lot more sugar (and donuts) now, and that’s okay.
- I no longer eat the same exact, boring lunch every single day.
- I workout because I love how it makes me feel, not so I can burn “x” amount of calories.
- I make many more appearances in public without makeup or washed hair; back in the day, this neverrrrr would have happened. I’ll blame #momlife.
- My need to impress others isn’t nearly what it used to be, but I still struggle with being a people pleaser.
- I’ve gained amazing friends who live both near and far, and have become closer with them than I could have imagined (Hayyyy Chelsey!).
- I’ve also had friendships fizzle, which were both unexpected and disappointing in the moment, but sometimes for the best.
- I’d like to think I could say I’ve gotten a lot better with money management, but some months are better than others.
- I am now addicted to my smartphone, which I didn’t even own back in the day.
- I spend WAY more time on social media/in front of a computer screen than I used to. Which, when I think about it, is a little concerning…yet I can’t step away from it all.
I’m sure there are more I could add to this list, but I decided to write it up last minute and am totally getting ready to hit the sack.
So how about we turn the tables a bit?! How have YOU changed in the last 6 years? Is there anything else you’d still like to change?