So I guess 24 weeks pregnant would officially be considered 6 months, right? Does that just sound crazy to anyone else?!
Six months sounds so far along…but then at the same time, knowing there are still about 4 more left helps put things back into perspective. Baby is just over 24 weeks today and is about the length of an ear of corn or the size of a cantaloupe, depending on where you read.
And just for fun, here’s a little comparison to my 24th week with Lucas!
HERE’S WHAT BABY TOOTH HAS BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK:
- Baby is growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week.
- His body is filling out proportionally and he’ll soon start to plump up.
- His brain is growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop.
- His lungs are developing “branches” of the respiratory “tree” as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world.
- His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
AND HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING WITH ME THIS PAST WEEK:
Weight gained: At my appointment last week, the doctor said I was up around 15-16lbs, having gained about 4 pounds since my last appointment 4 weeks prior to that. So at this point, I’ve been averaging about a pound a week.
Workouts: Great! I’m still averaging about 4-5 workouts per week, with a mix of mostly barre, strength, and circuit workouts (DVD’s or YouTube – many of the ones from this post!). I’m so thankful to still be feeling really good in terms of being able to move/workout. My sciatica pain has gotten muuuuch better, so I really don’t have anything hindering my abilities at this point…besides the big ol’ bump, of course.
At this point, I’ll just keep truckin’ along as long as I have the energy and will adjust my movements/exercises as needed!
- Some tightening in the belly on and off, which is most likely Braxton Hicks contractions.
- Still feeling intense pain in the upper abdomen. My primary doc told me it’s likely my uterus pushing up into my diaphragm, but my OB told me that my uterus isn’t that big yet to be pushing up that far, so that it’s likely gastrointestinal. I’m not surprised (I’ve been dealing with this forever), but it’s just frustrating because it can get really painful and make it difficult to want to eat sometimes.
- Hunger on and off – I’ve had a few days recently where I could just not keep full!
- Still getting the itchy belly, but not nearly as bad as it was, thanks to my doctor recommending Eucerin lotion. I honestly felt relief almost immediately…it’s been a lifesaver!
Movement: Yes, ALL the time! And this past week, both Jay AND Lucas were able to feel them, which was awesome. I was actually sitting in a meeting on Tuesday and just staring at my belly as it popped up and down. So fun!
Food Aversions: Not really, although I’m not sad if I don’t wind up with a cup of coffee everyday.
Food Cravings: A lot of the same…red meat, graham crackers, yogurt, peanut butter, and chocolate.
Sleep: Not terrible. I’m still averaging 1-2 wakeups a night to pee, but other than that, I can still get comfortable pretty easily.
Stretch marks? None . But my spider veins have now also turned into varicose veins as well, and they can be a bit painful, unfortunately.
Miss Anything? Still missing wine. And I’ll likely be telling you that for the next 4 months. I’m also missing regular clothes, too.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Not much is sticking out, but it’s definitely been fun to be able to feel and see baby boy move more and more.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy, but I’m ready to be done being pregnant. With Lucas, I absolutely LOVED pregnancy and everything about it. This time around? I’m just ready to get to the finish line. I was really surprised by this, considering it’s not a bad pregnancy and that I enjoyed it so much the first time around. But I think the fact that it’s getting harder to move around with Lucas contributes to this, along with the constant stomach discomfort. Either way, I’m not the type to constantly be complaining about pregnancy, because I am truly blessed to be experiencing it! I’m just ready for the end result.
I’ve also been trying to soak up all of my one on one time with this character, because soon enough that will change, and it still makes me incredibly sappy.
Looking Forward To: Decorating the nursery now that it’s painted…we’ve just got to transition the furniture from Lucas’s room to the new room, but can’t do that until we’ve got his other furniture refinished. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks!
Question for the Moms:
Did you enjoy your pregnancy? If you’re a mom of more than one, did you find you enjoyed one pregnancy more than the other?